Start by marking “After All” as Want to Read:

After All

3.78  ·  Rating details ·  2,748 Ratings  ·  313 Reviews
- A fake relationship? √
- Lovers to enemies to lovers? √
- A steamy one-night stand turned into a wild publicity stunt? √

A hot & cocky Hollywood actor meets his match when he falls for the sassy girl next door in AFTER ALL. Light, fun and sexy as sin, it's the PERFECT SUMMER READ. From the NYT and USA Today bestselling author of The Pact and Before I Ever Met You.

Em
Published July 2nd 2017 by Metal Blonde Books

To ask other readers questions about After All, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about After All

Christy
Shelves: 2017-four-stars
4.25 stars!!!

description

I’m a huge fan of Karina Halle’s work, but I think I love her contemporary romance books best. She always writes the best mix of emotional, sweet, sexy, and funny. After All was one of those books with the perfect balance of everything I love in a romance. It was steamy, it made me laugh, made me swoon, and it gave me just the right amount of feels. I loved Alyssa and Emmett’s story!

Alyssa and Emmett meet at a mutual friend’s wedding. Their first meeting… it makes me smile and gigg
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

REVIEW ALSO POSTED ON MY BLOG
AFTER ALL - KITTY KATS CRAZY ABOUT BOOKS

AFTER ALL: is a STANDALONE lovers-to-enemies-to-lovers contemporary romance from best selling Author Karina Halle

10 Years Old: Were first introduced to a ten year old Emmett Hill, living in a run down apartment building on the wrong side of the tracks, with his junkie mother always wishing for a better life than what he was dished out. His only out was reading and putting on plays where he was always the hero were h
*****FOUR STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

I want to bury myself deep inside her and never let go, let her light wash over all my darkness, let it dissolve my past. Alyssa is my sun, pure golden warmth that leaves only love behind.

photo 19575093_1744374665590381_8487079486144916945_o_zpstq06erzc.jpg

AFTER ALL is the perfect low on angst but heavy on the combustible steam summer read! I know that Karina Halle is a truly versatile writer who doesn’t limit herself to one type of story but I have to say that I happen to love her “adult contemporary” books
Pearl Angeli
4 "The Bruiser and the Blondie" Stars!

“Love is a cliff. You're just steps from the edge. The fall in inevitable.”

I had a whole bunch of fun reading this book. Karina Halle effortlessly brings out such an entertaining book with a romance so sweet, hot, and beyond irresistible.

Alyssa Martin and Hollywood TV star Emmett Hill met at a common friends' wedding where Alyssa was one of the bride's maids and Emmett was the best man. Their first encounter was hot and intense as they instantly had a se
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

➦At this point Karina Halle's books are pretty much an auto-buy for me and I rarely bother myself with reading the blurbs because I know this lady can deliver. I'm pretty glad I went in blind and soon discovered that this was a fake relationship trope!

➦And that's not all, folks! It's also a celebrity actor falls for a regular gal trope!

➦So what happens when you agree to fake date an actor for the sake of publicity? When he kisses you in public and whispers sweet nothings in your ear... is it an
Rachel Reads Ravenously
Shelves: arc, ebooks, romance
4 stars

After All is a standalone spin off of the book Before I Ever Met You, with characters featured in that book. Alyssa is a curvy and sassy office assistant, Emmett an actor making his comeback. They are both part of the bridal party for their friends Will and Jackie, and they meet the day of the wedding. Right off the bat Emmett is attracted to Alyssa, he loves her prickly and spitfire personality, and Alyssa is attracted to Emmett against her better judgement. The two end up having a one
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
5 stars ❤

After All is a fast paced,intense,super hot and passionate story.I fell in love with Emmett and Alyssa.They definitely become one of my favorite couples.Both of them they're complex characters and I really loved learning about their lives.What I liked most about them is the incredible chemistry that they have through the story.Their dialogues are smart and funny.

description

Alyssa is a strong heroine,she is also smart,sassy and sexy.Emmett is a swoon worthy hero,he is super hot sweet and crazy abou
Leonor
**********Spoilers**********

EDITED: for anyone who wanted to know, this happened towards the end of the book (like in the last 50 or so pages) and there wasn't enough or any grovel in my IMO, they had already told each other I love yous and they were in a "real" relationship so there wasn't any excuse if he was "figuring"out his feelings for the heroine or "fighting" his feelings. This is just cheating for me PLAIN AND SIMPLE because he was already in love with the heroine..

Maybe it's just me b
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

“A one-night stand turned into lie of epic proportions”

Well if that quote didn’t get your attention, you obviously have no pulse! With a sexy leading man, a feisty heroine, and two of the most lovable side characters , “After All” was the perfect contemporary romance that I was looking for.

Emmet Hill has had his fair share of bad publicity. Going from Broadway shows in London to a now superhero TV show, this actor has done a lot in his thirty-eight years. Well except for staying out of tro
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Jun 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
4.5 Stars!

-She lights me up inside, puts the sun in my sky.

photo CCA11C21-2FE9-4A89-81B6-FBD1342BF51B_zpswgukp8gh.jpg

Alyssa Martin is a 28 yr. old single woman living in Vancouver. She's worked in the film business as an office manager for Mad Men Studios for the past six years. She's bored with her job & her love life is non-existent. She has some excitement come her way when she attends her boss & her best friends wedding. She meets a playful, cocky, gorgeous guy named Emmett Hill. They are both in Will & Jackie's wedding. Emmett is an e
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
4 'Real or fake' Stars!

Of course, another winner by Karina Halle! I just decided to re-read Before I Ever Met You (because I loved it so much!) and then I remembered Karina actually wrote another story about characters we met in that book. I was pretty excited after my re-read session and I have to say, even though Will and Jackie are still my favorite, Emmett and Alyssa are such a good couple too!

After All is a standalone love story, but it can be considered a spin-off and I do highly recommend
After All features one of my favorite tropes in contemporary romance: pretend boyfriend/girlfriend scenario. The slow burn of a platonic arrangement turning to scorching romance? I just love it! The difference in After All is that there was a one-night stand before the arrangement so the slow burn part kinda didn't factor in. Overall, this book was enjoyable and likable but didn't quite captivate me personally. However, if you have been following Karina Halle's seemingly permanent genre change t ...more
Alex ♈
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4 ★'s

"Is this real?"
"It's always real."

Emmett and Alyssa meet when they are in Will and Jackie's (from Before I Ever Met You) wedding. Emmett is an actor and a bit of a player so Alyssa pretty much gives him hell. Of course, that means they can't stay away from each other!

description

Emmett's PR person suggests Emmett and Alyssa have a fake relationship to help Emmett's reputation and naturally, she will get compensated. This is her one chance to go for her dream so she takes it.

The story gets caught up
Malene
Jul 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
I have to admit that I was not impressed with Before I Ever Met You but with After All Karina Halle definitely redeems herself.
After All has a great story and the pace of it is just the way I like it. No instalove and the insta-lust was at a tolerable level. The story had a fabulous mixture of romance and humor.

I really enjoyed Emmett and his womanizing ways. He was a wonderful layered character which was revealed throughout the story. He was honest and spoke his mind no matter what. No matter
Kiki

1. Kissing OW while in a committed relationship IS cheating. It's not a peck on the cheek. It was sexual.
2. The fact he was drunk was not excusable. They live in a society where alcohol is regularly consumed. So she's supposed to worry every time he has a bottle of beer on his hand whether he'd lose the plot and go snog someone else? Every time he leaves the house? Is she not supposed to leave his side anymore? Is there ever going to be trust between them?
Ana
Jun 10, 2017 marked it as to-read
I wish Karina Halle would stick to writing about cartels. But I'll take what I can get.
Rejane
August 4th 2017 update: I just read this review and I found it extremely worthy to share.

Waiting for actual review instead of ARCs. And my GR friends. This author became a huge MAYBE for me. Her past books had so many triggers I don't trust to just one click anymore.

Update: this author's books are definitely not for me.
I won't even waste my time investigating her future works anymore. It's not her 1st book where she justifies, excuse and support cheatin
Shayna
Another STAND OUT standalone that will make you fall in love with LOVE! Sexy, sweet, and completely swoony, with plenty of dirty talk to go round! Emmett Hill and Alyssa Martin were ELECTRIC together! So much tension...so much build-up...so much intensity and passion. I just couldn't walk away from these two AT ALL!

"He's in my veins, in my system, slowly working his way to my heart."

I bet in most of the reviews you read, they will have mentioned the Prologue being the thing that sucked them in
AJ
Nov 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 stars!

A romantic and super-steamy celebrity romance that is enemies-to-lovers with a fake relationship set-up. So many of my favourite tropes in the one book, and all with the touch of Karina Halle magic. I loved it!

This book is a standalone, but it does follow on from Before I Ever Met You. Just be aware that there are character crossovers and this book contains some spoilers for the first book, so if you’re planning on reading that one I recommend doing it first.

Alyssa and Emmett meet at the
Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
Karina Halle's After All is a deliciously complicated romance, an addictive, fast paced story surrounding a wedding reception quickie turned publicity stunt that's rife with sexual tension, filthy banter, and unexpected emotion. Alyssa Martin finds herself the target of tabloid fodder when photos of her hallway hookup with Emmett Hill, a successful Canadian tv star, are sold to the media. In an attempt at damage control to protect Emmett's already rocky reputation, his publicist enlists Alyssa, ...more
Betul
Jul 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
**ARC provided in exchange for an honest review**

description

"She's my first act and she'll be my last. There will never be anyone else for me."

Karina Halle is now officially number 2 on my list of Most Read Authors with 24 books. What I love most about her writing is that she can do it all. She has written books in so many different genres and I have enjoyed them all. So I am always up for a new book by her. Normally, the fake relationship trope doesn't do it for me that much. However, I really enjoyed it
Luna Sol
Jul 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
After All is the perfect summer read where you can sit back and enjoy a book that will guarantee to give you butterflies, sexy times, laughters, and heart melting moments. The Prologue was intense and raw when we learned about Emmett's childhood. Emmett is a 38 year old actor who meets Alyssa at his best friend's wedding. Emmett is attracted to Alyssa from the first moment he sees her and I love the banter between these two. My goodness Emmett basically speaks aloud all his thoughts particularly ...more
Ana Buenrostro
Jul 05, 2017 rated it liked it
This book was just meh.

To be honest I expected much more from this writer. I didnt get that "awww" feeling from this book. I didnt get excited as I usually do. I looooove enemies to lovers stories but this wasnt like that. Their banter lasted for like a second so I didnt get to enjoy it as much as I wanted to.
Some of the things that he said at the beginning were hot, his dirty talk was fun. But then it all kinda stopped and it was the typical story. Nothing more. I am kinda bummed.
Paula
Jul 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: five-stars-2017
This was the perfect holiday weekend/summer read! I loved all of the witty banter. The plot was refreshing. Karina Halle knocked it out of the park again!
Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
4 Romantic Crowns

Karina Halle has created another old school romance that really focuses on wooing a woman and finding the one. Her old school heroes, who are a tad broken, and heroines, who are filled with their own imperfections, read as a real-life romance with all the most swoon-worthy moments.

Emmett Hill, unlike most Hollywood heroes, is a rather sympathetic character. He has the charm and charisma needed for a romantic hero, but his background and resulting effects on his development as a
Mary Ruth (TheReadingRuth)
*ARC graciously given in exchange for an honest review*

I have a confession. I LOVE EMMETT MORE THAN WILL!

Okay. Now that that’s out of my chest, let me proceed to my love for Emmett and Alyssa! I loved the wit, the tension, and the attraction between these two! After All was such a sexy, smart, and delicious read!

What a man, to have that face, that body and that cock and still know exactly what to do with it.

Emmett Hill did not have the best and brightest moments in his celebrity life but
3 Fake it ‘til you make it Stars

First off, I’m going to air probably my largest grievance about this novel. I want it out in the open where everyone can see it and go “Oh hey, that chick is nuts! I’m not nuts so it’s not going to bother me like it did her”.

I have spent over half of my life struggling with eating disorders. I have many dietary and weight concerns which still plague damn near my every action to this day. I glance around before I bite into greasy things, I cover my mouth when I
Pick a Book
Jul 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
3,7- 4 estrelas

Livro gostosinho de ler.
Elise Spencer
Wont read. Not interested in reading about OW ddrama.
Karina Halle is a former travel writer & music journalist and The New York Times, Wall Street Journal & USA Today Bestselling author of The Swedish Prince, The Pact, Love, in English, The Artists Trilogy, Bad at Love & over 45 other wild and romantic reads. She lives on an island off the coast of British Columbia with her husband and her adopted pup Bruce, where she drinks a lot of win ...more
More about Karina Halle

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • A Girl's Best Friend
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hearts at Seaside (Sweet with Heat: Seaside Summers #3)
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Room Mate (Roommates, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • The Forgiving Hour
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Bright Side (Bright Side, #1)
  • The Fixer Upper
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Chasing I Do (The Eastons #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Slow Dance in Purgatory (Purgatory, #1)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Cafe by the Sea
  • That Month in Tuscany
    $6.99 $2.49
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Something in the Way (Something in the Way, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Ghosted
  • Dodging Temptation
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Billionaire's Final Stand (Billionaire Bachelors, #7)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Blackmailing the Billionaire (Billionaire Bachelors, #5)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire Falls (Billionaire Bachelors, #3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Runaway Heiress (Billionaire Bachelors, #6)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Treading Water (Treading Water, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Life Next Door (Love Not Included Book 3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Undeniable Love (Journey Of Love Book 2)
  • Bittersweet
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mr. Perfect (Mister, #1)
  • Made for You
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Journey Home
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unforgettable Love (Journey of Love Book 3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Prom Night in Purgatory (Purgatory, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Valiant (Spy Girl Book 4)
  • Dear Aaron
  • Running Barefoot
    $5.95 $1.99
  • Wrecked
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
  • The Other Side of the Story
    $10.99 $1.99
  • One Fell Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Out of Focus (Adams Grove, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • What If
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)
“There’s only passion here. Only truth. Only you and me.” 2 likes
“You call spouting off lines from erotica as working hard? Please, I eat romance novels for breakfast, you’re no different from the vapid dirty-talking alphas I read. I wouldn’t be surprised if you had a Kindle highlighted with all the best lines to try.” If” 1 likes