Start by marking “Threat Multiplication (Slowpocalypse, #2)” as Want to Read:
Threat Multiplication (Slowpocalypse, #2)

Threat Multiplication

(Slowpocalypse #2)

A perfect storm of trouble is brewing…

Cut off from the crumbling civilization outside its walls, the first Federal University and Research Complex is facing problems of its own. Mysterious power outages, disrupted communications, and a rash of illness among the guards are only the beginning. Soon FURC Security Chief Anthony Nelson and his small, mostly inexperienced staff
Published April 2nd 2014 by Outpost Stories

To ask other readers questions about Threat Multiplication, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Threat Multiplication

Jonel
Apr 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Litherland picks up right where he left off in the previous novel in the series and continues on his imaginative journey. Not only does Litherland create an intriguing premise and well thought out plot here, he continues to build the world in which his characters live. With each chapter it becomes more and more vivid.

I enjoyed the fact that there were simultaneously different stories going on inside and outside of the compound throughout the novel. Litherland ties them together while also highli
John Naylor
Feb 23, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this book directly from the author. This was a nice surprise and I thank him for it and also the other books he has sent me.

I enjoyed Slowpocalypse 1 as a book and as a good read. This continues the story of that compound in Florida and the inhabitants of it. It is split into threads based on certain characters and lets the reader explore the world it is set in a bit more.

I really do enjoy how James Litherland writes characters, stories and how he sets the scenes. There is a lot in h
Brent Soderstrum
This is book two from Litherland's Slowpocalypse series. Kat and David are both back. Litherland basically alternates which character we follow each chapter. Kat is out of the FURC attempting to save Ken Cameron's wife and three daughters. She will face many obstacles in bringing them back to the safety of the FURC. David is working inside the compound trying to find out who poisoned the food in the cafeteria and than who killed one of the cafeteria workers.

It was an enjoyable read but it was di
Candy Robosky
Dec 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Litherland does it again. Although this is the second installment of the Slowpocalypse series, Litherland does a great job of reminding the continuing reader of past events while also giving just enough detail so the new reader is able to understand the background and not be confused.
The events happening inside and outside the compound are realistic and expected given the new setting society finds itself in. The multiple storylines occurring in the book are a great way to help the reader get a
Lorraine
Feb 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-star, apocalyptic
Slowpocalypse (books 0.5 - 3)

An interesting series that's easy to read and has plenty of suspense to keep you turning the pages.

Durable Impressions is a short introduction to a new and exciting world and to Kat, one of the main characters.

Although Certain Hypothetical (book 1) starts off slowly, it soon picks up and sets the pace for the series.

Each book has an intriguing plot that's well thought out and is a good mix of action, mystery and suspense.

The two main characters are dimensional and t
Janice perry
Dec 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
I volunteered to read an ARC copy of this book. Having not read the first in the series, I was a little confused in some places, but the book was action packed and kept my attention. The characters and plot was very well rounded. I really liked this book.
Kimberlie
Jan 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic addition to the Slowpocalypse series!

I love the brief character introductions at the beginning of the book. Sometimes I'll forget a last name or connection and have to check back and this makes it really fast and easy. The character rundown also will help very much if you haven't read the first book.

This is the second book in the Slowpocalypse series and it's great, full of mystery and action packed, very exciting. It got more and more difficult to put down each time I was able to sit
Sharon
Mar 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
I received an electronic copy of this book by the author for an honest review. Threat Multiplication has picked up right where Certain Hypothetical left off. A good portion of this book is devoted to Kat, as she embarks on a secret mission outside the fence to retrieve Chief Cameron's wife and daughters. While Kat is handling her mission in the strong, resilient, and intelligent manner with which readers of book 1 would expect, the compound is facing problems of their own. When murder and mayhem ...more
Michael Mardel
Jan 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kevin
May 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dystopia, suspense
I received this book as part of Goodreads giveaways. This is part 2 of the slowpocalypse series, and there are two stories that alternate. The main plot revolves around a set of mysterious circumstances, computer hacking, poisoning, and a murder. The other plot involves a security officer who goes outside the compound to find a family and bring them into FURC. The book flows well and is engaging while moving at a good pace. The characters are sometimes hard to follow, and I wish the plot/charact ...more
Plaguedoctor
I won this book in the goodreads giveaway.

I haven't read the first book in the series, however, I didn't feel lost when picking up this book. The story is easy to follow and catch on too. The characters and the plot was interesting. I however, couldn't help but feel like there were to many characters to keep track off. Some of the characters are barely mentioned and then just seem to be completely forgotten about until important parts of the story happen. The writing style also bothered me a lit
Betty
Sep 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Although Threat Multiplication is part of a series, I believe that you can figure it out if you read it as a stand-alone. Our country has come undone and it has become necessary for like-minded people to move into a gated compound to protect themselves and their resources. But maybe everyone isn't like-minded since someone is hacking the computer network causing power outages, there has been a murder and most of the guards are sick and off-duty due to intentional food poisoning. Is an attack imm ...more
Don
Wow! I liked this.

A fair bit of the novel is Kat out beyond the barrier on an important mission, while there is still unknowns creeping within the heavily shuttered compound. Who to really trust, or not trust? Plenty of action, intrigue, and suspense, with the last few chapters being real page-turners!
Gail
Mar 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads-read
Second in the series: Great continuation of characters and plot from the first book! No low or boring stretches; so refreshing. You will have a hard time putting this down! I was very fortunate to have won this book from the give-a-way section. I now have a new author to follow and look forward to the third book of this series "Compromised Inside".
Susan
Oct 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: misc-read
I won this book through Goodreads Giveaway. I really enjoyed this. Very exciting & fresh. Just as exciting as the 1st book. I can't wait for what is next by this author.
Lb Dixon
rated it it was ok
Jan 19, 2015
Lydia
Jun 10, 2018
Clint Walker Jr
Sep 15, 2018
Colin Mackie
rated it did not like it
Jun 13, 2018

• Battlefield 3: The Russian
  • The Magician's Tale
  • Prophets of the Ghost Ants
  • Soul Source: Back and There Again
  • Ripper (Event Group Thriller #7)
  • Psycho: Sanitarium
  • The Knowledge of Good & Evil
  • How the End Begins: The Road to a Nuclear World War III
  • Troubleshooter (Tim Rackley, #3)
  • The Reincarnation of Peter Proud
  • The Nostradamus Prophecies (Antichrist Trilogy #1)
  • Mission to Berlin: The American Airmen Who Struck the Heart of Hitler's Reich
  • The Un-Magician (OutCast, #1)
  • The Hangman's Replacement: Sprout of Disruption
  • The Rise of the Fourth Reich: The Secret Societies That Threaten to Take Over America
  • The People's Necromancer (The Age of Magic, #1)
  • A Small Circus
  • Pirates of the Thunder (Rings of the Master, #2)
I’m a graduate of the University of South Florida, and I now reside as a Virtual Hermit in the wilds of West Tennessee. I've lived various places and done a number of jobs – been an office worker and done hard manual labor, worked (briefly) in the retail and service sectors, and been an instructor. But through all that, I've always been a writer.

I’ve been a voracious reader for as long as I can re

Slowpocalypse (4 books)
  • Critical Contingencies (Slowpocalypse, #1)
  • Compromised Inside (Slowpocalypse, #3)
  • Peripheral Encounters (Slowpocalypse, #4)
“She lifted a corner of the long coat she had wrapped around her rifle. ‘This is Frank.’ The girl had named her gun.

Lisa shook her head. ‘Why Frank?’

Grace smiled. ‘Because he’s very direct.”
0 likes
“Kat groped in the dark until she found the knife the man had dropped in the mud, then struggled to her feet. Her arm was bleeding, but she didn’t care. She noticed she didn’t have her flashlight anymore, but she couldn’t remember what had happened to it—and she didn’t care. Now she had a knife.

She tried to recall where the closest enemy with a gun had been, and when she remembered his last location, she grinned. She was about to take a knife to a gun fight. She only hoped he had plenty of bullets.”
0 likes