Start by marking “Royal Player (All-Stars, #1)” as Want to Read:
Royal Player (All-Stars, #1)

Royal Player

(All-Stars #1)

Charlie Davenport is the bad boy of British tennis - and third in line to the throne. He’s a beast on the courts, and a wild animal in bed (according to all the tabloids). Girls are lining up for chance at his crown jewels, and when I stumble into the wrong Wimbledon dressing room and catch a glimpse of his game, set, AND match, I can see why.

So what’s a little good luck k
274 pages
Published April 27th 2017 (first published April 24th 2017)

Start your review of Royal Player (All-Stars, #1)
Dilek VT
Emmy is a young American girl who comes to visit London and has a temporary job as a waiter in Wimbledon. When she takes the tea tray into the wrong room one day, she stumbles upon a hot and naked guy and immediately gets the attention of him. (Aren't writers sick of this trope of heroine meeting the hero in his room while he is walking around naked? I certainly am!)

The hot guy, Charlie, asks for a good-luck kiss. And as she finds him gorgeous, she does kiss him. Later she learns that he is in
Tpagirl Loves Romance
Royal Player was the first book in the All-Stars Series by Katie McCoy.

Charles “Charlie” Davenport was the bad boy of tennis and the black sheep of the royal family. He was gorgeous and much to his family’s dismay, always in the public eye for his antics.

Emmy Anderson was an american visiting London for the summer. She was beautiful, talented and way out of her comfort zone with the chance meeting of Charlie.

The focus of the storyline was the relationship development between Charlie and Emmy whi
Coco.V
Mar 02, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
💝 FREE on Amazon today (1/2/2018)!💝

Charlie Davenport is the bad boy of British sports - and third in line to the throne. He's a beast on the courts, and a wild animal in bed (according to all the tabloids). Girls are lining up for chance at his crown jewels, and when I stumble into the wrong Wimbledon dressing room and catch a glimpse of his game, set, AND match, I can see why.

So what's a little good luck kiss between f̶r̶i̶e̶n̶d̶s̶ strangers?

I know better than to get involved with a bad boy lik
Nephy
Aug 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First time to read a Katie McCoy book and I think I'm smitten. This one is a funny, light read.. feel good to the bones but also screamingly hot. I enjoyed reading it. ...more
Soany
No puedo aceptar a un tipo que dice amar pero apenas llega el drama es chao que te vi porque su orgullo de macho es más grande. Dónde quedo el amor que profesaba? (view spoiler) ...more
Kimberly (Kimmy Loves to Read)
I received an advanced copy of this book with the promise of an honest review.

By the time you read this review I will be on a plane to the UK trying to find my own ridiculously sweet, gorgeous, tennis playing prince. Okay, maybe not, but it sounds like a good plan doesn't it? So for now I will just make room for Charlie Davenport to join the rest of my book boyfriends. Welcome to the list Charlie!

Charlie is the bad boy of tennis. He has a reputation on and off the court, which shouldn't really
Maddy's Reading
Royal Player was just the perfect mix of sports-romance and celebrity-romance.
Emmy has traveled to London to visit the place while working during Wimbledon. A chance encounter introduces her to Charlie Davenport who is a big celebrity.
They romance starts with a good luck kiss and is so sweet and cute. Emmy is the perfect awkward, nerdy yet focused girl. She is really talented.
Charlie's only passion in life has been Tennis. He doesn't care much of anybody else especially the women. But he soon
Anne OK
Jun 06, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-reads
A pleasant blend of sports and celebrity in a funny and rollicking romance. Not a lot of tennis in romance these days, so this was a refreshing find. The characters were a nice blend of personalities as well. Yet I was looking for more. There just wasn't much storyline that grabbed me and kept me interested. It felt bland. ...more
Treena
With all the adorable photos of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle that have been flooding my social media lately, this book was the perfect mix to satisfy my royal-romance and sports-romance loving heart. It was a light and fun read that had a good balance of steamy scenes and sweet feels.
Fredrika
Cute and not-too-dramatic, so it’s a good pick-me-up read.
Agustina Zanelli
Jul 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Me gustó mucho esta historia. Tiene una trama entretenida y adictiva, con algunas partes muy divertidas y un romance realmente intenso. También fue muy dulce, especialmente ese final tan bonito. Me encantan los libros con príncipes modernos, especialmente si se trata de la oveja negra de la familia.

Pronto traigo la reseña.
Lisa
Feb 23, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Too slow

It's rare I DNF books, but after the last book I forced myself to finish I promise I wouldn't put myself through that again. Sorry, it was just too slow and too instant romance.
Stephanie
False advertising alert: Someone needs to change the title of her book because this is NOT a sports romantic comedy. The couple (I have already forgotten their names, which should tell you how forgettable they are) lack chemistry and the author lacks knowledge of: (1) royal life (please at least read Daily Mail every now and then); (2) the game of tennis; and (3) Wimbeldon. Do a little research and maybe (but probably not) this book won't read like bad fanfiction. ...more
vicki zimmerman
Apr 29, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Too long, too boring

Not the laugh a minute romantic comedy, I had believed it to be. Actually, its rather long and boring. I have read for ever now, bored out of my mind, and am only at the 53%point. Between rounds of sex, its just miles of boredom. I'm deleting this one, and moving on now.
Andrea
Aug 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this one!
Ana
Feb 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Gasp, Swoon, Faint

That exactly what I was being lead to do by this author and her characters. It's a girl meets naked guy, kisses him and he turns out to be a prince story. I know it sounds corny. And in any author would have made it oh do unbelievable. But Katie builds this world that sucks you in. You have no other choice but to believe every word and feel every bit of the angst the characters are going through.

I found myself saying don't do that and you are going to regret that out loud so ma
Sohinee Reads & Reviews (Bookarlo)
Rating: 3.5 stars

A Good Romance Story With A HEA Ending

It's not that I didn't enjoy reading this book. I liked it. I loved both the characters. Charlie though has a reputation of being a bad boy losses his tag of bad boy when he meets Emmy. It's not that he was a bad boy until now and then suddenly becomes good. No matter how the tabloids portrayed him, deep down Charlie wasn't the person the tabloids portrayed him to be.

Emma was also a good character except her blushing at every possible situa
Jacqueline
Jun 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute Royal Sports Romance

3.5 stars. This book was a really cute and quick read. I love sports romances and Royalty romances so this was the best of both worlds. It's predictable, but overall I enjoyed it.
Petie McCarty
Apr 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my Gosh!!! I wasn't sure about this book as it is my first with Ms. McCoy. But wow! A book that makes me laugh has my heart right off the bat. A book that makes me laugh out loud frequently flies to my read again shelf. This one did. I absolutely LOVED it! would give it 8 stars if I could, but Goodreads doesn't leave enough blanks for that. ...more
Ellen Anderson
Feb 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute

Katie McCoy is a new to me author. Royal Player was a cute and entertaining story about an American and an English Prince.
Stacie (Shy Book Nerd)
Jun 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-ebook
Fun and sexy, but not memorable.
Danna
Dec 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 כוכבים.
הספר כתוב טוב, באופן מקצועי,סוחף, מעניין. יחד עם זאת ידעתי היטב כיצד האירועים התפתחו, הבנאליות דיי הרבה לי את ההנאה.
אז, מומלץ כל עוד לא מצפים להמצאת המאה.
Sophie (slovenianbookworm)
Royal Player

4 "Royal"stars.

For making a Royal as one of the main characters, I did miss more about the Royal family. It was fiction, I know, but the only other royal member mentioned was his brother and brother's wife.
Ofelia
May 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars A short romantic comedy.
Peggy Lee (Reading Keeps Me Sane)
Royal Player is a sweet, sexy, royal sports romance. It's time for a cup of tea and tennis in this romantic comedy.

Emmy has traveled to London to explore all the places she'd seen in her mom's favorite movies and to find inspiration. She has set out to embrace the adventure. Emmy and her best friend, Paige, are staying with her Aunt Suze and working in the refreshment tents during Wimbledon.

Charlie Davenport is the black sheep of his royal family. He's the second son, aka the spare. Charlie, th
Stephanie Phillips (Stephanie's Book Reports)
I received a copy of this book from the author for an honest review.

I love reading royalty stories. I mean who doesn't love a good royal? Charlie Davenport is definitely a good one. Even though I think it would be cool to be part of a royal family I don't know that I'd love the pressure of expectation and not being able to be ME without scrutiny. People hanging on your every word. Wanting to be your friend just because you're able to help them climb the social ladder. That royally sucks.

As an A
Renee at Book Happiness
I received this for an honest review..

I have to say that this is author is a new to me author and I really enjoyed this book from start to finish.

This is Charlie and Emmy's story and I just really enjoyed it all from beginning to end
Katie Valdez
May 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
soon to be posted
Aya
Aug 06, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Its 3.7 star btw.
I like this book, I enjoyed, and I've been almost giving that 4 star (wew) well looks like the last chapter give me a meh eh? .. anyway they get HEA a simple HEA I've been reading.
Gaufre
02/20/2018
didn't make it to the end of chapter 1

New rule: if the BFF(s) talk about the heroine finding a boyfriend/hookup/one-night stand in the first scene - I am out. It is such an unimaginative way to start a romance.

Also, dialogue makes the characters sound like they are fifteen. It is so full of stereotypes already, it will anger anyone English.

• Extreme Risk (X-Treme Love, #1)
  • Slammed
  • The Play Book (Damaged #1)
  • Jersey Girl (Sticks & Hearts, #1)
  • Hot Daddy (Billionaire Bachelors, #2)
  • The Play (Brit Boys Sports #1)
  • Schooled (Travesty, #1)
  • Cocky Chef (Cocky Men, #1)
  • Bet Me (Lucky in Love, #2)
  • Hot as Puck (Bad Motherpuckers, #1)
  • Royal Catch (The Rourkes, #1)
  • Tank (Blue-Collar Billionaires, #1)
  • Down By Contact (Making the Score, #1)
  • The Brick Wall (Redtails Hockey #1)
  • Lovestruck (Lucky in Love, #3)
  • Hot Mess (Love is Messy, #1)
  • Billionaire With a Twist: Part One
  • Match Fit (Love and Play, #1)
Katie McCoy is a self proclaimed sushi addict, Cardinals baseball fanatic, and lover of all things theatrical. A St.Louis native transplanted to Brooklyn, she acts, sings, and shakes her booty when she isn't writing books about hot men and the girls who love them. ...more

All-Stars (4 books)
  • Hot Bachelor (All-Stars #2)
  • Heartthrob (All-Stars #3)
  • Sex God (All-Stars, #4)