Start by marking “Enemy Within (The Executive Office #3)” as Want to Read:
Enemy Within (The Executive Office #3)

Enemy Within

(The Executive Office #3)

The White House, infiltrated.
The president, running for his life.
A traitorous general, intent on burning the world to the ground.

When everything falls apart, who do you trust?

President Jack Spiers fled Washington DC on the heels of a devastating attack on CIA headquarters, masterminded by one of America’s own, former General Porter Madigan. While the world believes Jac
Published March 28th 2017 by Tal Bauer (first published March 27th 2017)

Sophia Triad
The end of the book finds me:
a) With a huge headache because I might have pushed myself too hard to finish the book….because I really wanted to know what happens next and some of the terminology was a bit too hard to follow and I had to reread certain sections. I am only a poor Greek woman with English as her second language after all.
b) Without fingernails. I may actually need 2-3 weeks before I attempt manicure again. But it was the only way to let off steam. My nonstop swearing as well as my
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
4.5 Stars!

How in the hell to review this book?

And you probably wouldn't believe me even if I tried.

Twist after twist, turn after turn....betrayal, secrets, lies and yet somehow underneath all of the action is some love.

And not just with our main characters Jack and Ethan. Yes, this was the conclusion of the plot going on involving Jack and Ethan but in this installment we got so much more of some of the side characters - Sergey, Sasha, Adam, Faisal.

And it made me want more. So much more. I re
Parvathy
Mar 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gay-book-reviews
5+ Stars!

Enemy Within is the brilliant, emotional, gut wrenching, intriguing, action-packed conclusion to the events that had been coming forth since Enemies of the State and Enemy of my Enemy. The book is fast paced, filled with moments where your heart will be in your throat and also filled with beautiful, soul-stirring emotions. Ethan, Jack, Sergey, Sasha, Adam, Faisal, Scott, Levi, Elizabeth and the rest of the characters will take you on a ride which is guaranteed to be unforgettable, m
Jaime
Enemy Within is book three in the Executive Office Series by Tal Bauer . This book is a continuation of the first 2.5 books and needs to be read in order to understand completely. The characters remain the same from the first 2.5 books and there is some timeline revisits and a lot of remembering from the previous books. This story is told in an Alternating POV or Third Person Multiple. This POV allows us to get inside our characters heads, and follow them each as they all work on saving the worl ...more
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
Re-read: 18.09.2018
I still have that disappointed feeling going on. I still don't like the ending. I adore how close Jack and Ethan become, but there is just so much going on in the book that everything just becomes too damn much. There's so much information, so many POVs and you just feel stretched thin, to be honest. I found myself skimming a lot, mostly because I was just interested in Ethan and Jack's part and because I was tired and wanted the re-read done.
New Rating: 2.5 stars.

⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱*Di
Simone
Mar 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
***5 Completely-Blown-Away Stars***

Umm, no worries, this gif is not a spoiler! Enemy Within picks up right where Enemy of my Enemy ended and Jack, Ethan, Sergey, Sasha, Adam and Faisal and all the others try to stop former General Madigan and his henchmen from pursuing his idea of "a new dawn rising", from creating a new world order by destroying everything known to mankind at any sacrifice, which would not only affect America, but the world in its entirety. To make things worse, each step
Jewel
4.5 Stars

Wow, this book! I was on the edge of my seat through most of it. Action packed, suspenseful, a few swoony moments, and Jack & Ethan (and our other couples) finally get their happy!

Now, before I get into my review, there are a few things to cover:

1) If you have not read the previous 2 books (and the novela) read them first, as Enemy Within is not a stand alone book.
2) Suspend your disbelief. Turn it off, if you can. This series takes place a bit in the future where science is more ad
Anne Boleyn's Ghost
Every single thing that I wrote in my review for Enemies of the State? It applies here. Two-fold. And to Enemy Of My Enemy (because, let’s face it, I wasn’t writing crap while curled into a fetal position on the floor).

Having already put Olivia Pope me (thanks, R!) through the gauntlet, I’ll spare her another go-round. But since we are on the topic of fictional presidents...

And yes, that was a shamelessly flimsy attempt to justify inserting a handsome half-naked man here. Fitz looks nothing like
Chris
Apr 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow this book ... this series .... bloody amazing. It's a 5 star read based on the research itself let alone the absolute nail biter of a thriller that had me engrossed for days ! Ethan & Jack, Sergey & Sasha, Adam & Faisal - all important and all relevant, highlighting the need for change in this 21st century world. No spoilers here- it's a must read political thriller with so many twists and turns. I absolutely loved this and it's one of my favorites for this year. Maybe an epilogu ...more
Gigi
Feb 28, 2017 marked it as back-burner-for-now

¸. • * ° *❧Gwendolyn❧°**★°**★
5 Stars For The a Guy Who Stole The Show..

Faisal!

A Beautifully Written Arabian Prince

Every once in a while I meet a character that the book is not wholly about and that character places a imprint on the pages. They leave foot steps on my heart, and are unforgettable, and Faisal... he...

Took my breath away!

Natalie
Feb 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Finished! I could have just given this five stars before I even started reading, because I knew Tal was going to outdo himself. Here's the extra stars it deserves! ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐.

If you were blown away by the suspense, danger and excitement of Enemies of the State and Enemy of My Enemy, you'd better buckle up buttercup! Tal puts the pedal to the metal for this one. Our beloved characters are still battling the Machiavellian designs of their enemies and occasionally themselves and their own conf
Katerina
I did it.

It was not love at first sight.
And it was already the second attempt.

I can understand why this series has a great appeal to many of my friends.
But I feel completely ambivalent here.
There were chapters that I really liked. However, I had to torture myself through others.

Jack and Ethan are not my preferred couple. I loved Faisal and Adam and also Sergey and Sasha. These men kept me on reading.

Calling the action ridiculous is understated. Especially towards the end, it became so unbelievab
Debra
My five stars encompass not just this book, but the entirety of this series which in essence is just one long story.

I’m not sure how many people I drove crazy while reading this book between my emails and mumbling and exclamations of shock. For those who were affected, sorry but holy cow this book!! It built on the momentum of everything in the first two books and hit the ground running. There was barely a moment where things let up, but when those moments came they were absolutely worth it.

If y
Lisazj1
4.5 stars. This book takes the term "well earned HEA" to a whole new level, because damn! Now that I've finished it, I feel like I need a vacation. O.o You know those super-vague annoying reviews? Sorry, but this is going to be one. You need to experience every, single damn thing for yourself. Before you start, buckle up. And bring alcohol. *my mistake, I did not*

I was happy with how Ethan and Jack ended and God knows they deserved everything. It was painful to watch Jack struggle with all the t
Christelle
4 stars for this book and 5 stars for the whole series.
Highly recommended for fans of action, intrigue, with romance and great characters.

First, this is not a standalone and reading in order is necessary because there is too much going on. Then, you have to suspend disbelief. Not because of the plot, nor the settings because I assume the author made enough research to make it look quite real. It’s just that all these guys seem to have super healing powers and an unusual strength : it sometimes
Elsbeth
I never came around in properly reviewing this series and I've got all these visuals. I had so much fun and time looking on the Internet searching for all of these fitting pics.

So I'll just post them nevertheless;

Ethan

Faisal

Adam

Sergey

Sasha

This series reminded me a lot of ICoS series It was so exciting. At times I had to stop reading to catch my breath. Amazing series with just amazing characters.

And....... Tal Bauer has all these snippits; Bauer's Bytes

Please read them after you f
Trio
Feb 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mm, arc-r2r
This is book #3 in “The Executive Office” series and they must all be read in order. The story takes up right where we left off with General Madigan’s plot for world domination and our characters’ plan to stop him. The book is incredibly fast paced and exciting. The twists and turns in the story were impossible to predict (I learned my lesson in book #2 not to even try). I couldn’t stop myself from shaking my fist and talking aloud to my Kindle. Several times I thought the anticipation might jus ...more
Alona
Apr 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, last-of-a-series
3-3.5 stars.

I loved the first book in series A LOT!
The second one was not as good, but I still enjoyed it.
Here, I skimmed through the way too many action scenes, political plotting, traitors everywhere etc. it was like reading about Air Force One combined with The Escape from Alcatraz and The Hunt for Red October all at once.
It just got too much. even for me :(

I wished for more romance throughout the reading.

Another thing: as an Arabic speaker, the author used the words Whalla and Yhalla in the
haletostilinski
IS IT POSSIBLE TO GIVE THIS BOOK MORE THAN 5 STARS?? LIKE 6 STARS OR SOMETHING???

Fuckkk, this has to be one of my favorite book series ever. And this book was amazing ending to the series. And yes, it's long (almost 500 pages) but it is so worth it to read. I spent like all of yesterday and practically all of today reading it. What a ride!

In this book, we get back to the three couples, Jack and Ethan, Sergey and Sasha, and Adam and Faisal. Jack and Ethan are still the ultimate focus, but the oth
Dani
When I started reading Enemy Within I wasn’t sure if I was going to be able to finish it without having a breakdown and when I finished it I was emotionally exhausted.

I was thinking, how am I supposed to write a review about this? My mind has been completely blown by this book so I’m pretty sure I don’t have any coherent thought for this.

This obviously isn’t a standalone because it continues where Enemy of My Enemy left off. Ethan and Jack are trying to stop the evil plans of the former Genera
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Apr 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing

If you asked me if I had any interest in espionage or political thrillers the answer probably would have been "not really". I mean, I have read them. I've seen the movies, but is it what I pick up to read when given the choice? Not really. I'm all about the romance you know.

But this series wasn't really just a political thriller was it? No.

The author has a magical ability of making an extremely suspenseful book extremely romantic. The ability to have me fearful one minute and swooning the next i
Ariana
Mar 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If there ever was a spectacular finale, this must be it.
If you think a mixture between James Bond, Jason Bourne and The Hunt for the Red October you’ll get the idea where this is heading, but it still does NOT prepare you for the intensity of the plot and the emotional roller-coaster Tal Bauer is sending us on.

This is nail-biting stuff. From page one right to the end. We don’t even get a second to breathe, think or unwind. The hunt for Madigan is relentless and unforgiving. I had to tear myself
~Kristin~
5 Stars

This series was an adventure, an epic adventure. It took me forever to get through this last book...but I loved it!! This is me when I finished...

So much happened, like SO MUCH, I'm not really sure how to do more than say...if you boarded this crazy train at the first stop...and were still loving the ride at the second stop...then you will be blown away by the third!

This was a lot less about any specific couple from the previous books, more what happened when the world went to hell and h
Marion
5+ Epic Stars!
Epic does not begin to describe this brilliant series.
Heart pounding, page turner, action, adventure, twists and turns that leave you gobsmacked! Secrets and lies, love and betrayal...moments that will leave you breathless.
I loved every nail biting second I spent with Jack, Ethan, Sergey, Sasha, Adam and Faisal...and I want more!
Enemy Within is the brilliant third book in the Executive Office series.
This book is not a standalone. Series must be read in order.
Highly recommended!
Melissa
This book was intense!! Talk about information overload. There was just so much going on I had a hard time keeping track. Whew! *wipes brow*

What can I tell you without giving it all away... Well of course the good guys win.

When I read Enemies of the State (book 1), I had no idea what I was getting myself into with this series. I thought I would be getting the typical President/bodyguard trope love story (I’ve read several books of that type), and it’s that forbidden romance element that I can’t
Cadiva
Jul 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
OMG, oh my God people this book is beyond exceptional, it wraps up the trilogy in an almost perfect fashion but still leaves a hint behind that there could be more.

And believe me, I want more. Who are the missing clones, will Jack and Ethan head up the secret black ops department, will Sergey and Sasha get married, will Faisal become King with Adam by his side?! I NEED to know these things.

The tension and pacing throughout this book left me breathless. Who was going to be the other hidden traito
AGandyGirl
**Spoiler Free Series Review**

As I sit here at my kitchen counter trying to decide what the fuck to say about this series I decide to scroll into Amazon for a look around. In doing so, I see authors like David Baldacci, Ayn Rand, and of course, Tom Clancy. And I wonder, what the hell? Why isn’t this series at the top?

I suppose if you think about it, becoming the next John Grisham is about like becoming the next Beyonce or the next Leonardo DiCaprio. There are thousands if not millions of talent
Sanaa  ☆ Sanaa's Book Blog ☆
4.5-4.75 stars.

Their love was the foundation of his life, the very definition, the meaning of his life. Beyond politics, beyond the presidency, beyond even the world; Ethan was everything that made his days worth waking up for.

There's really no way to write this review without giving something away, so here goes. Enemy Within is the last book in the series and I have no words besides the fact that my. mind. is. blown.

I am in love with everything that is this series and Tal Bauer. The way
Denise H.
**** Bing, Bam, Boom, **** and we are neck deep in espionage, traitors, snipers, and evasion ! Wow ! Fifteen years in our future !
Several simultaneous story lines are connected, and lots is happening. Ethan and Jack are trying to stop Madigan.

We have Sasha's survival and Sergey searching for him, plus Faisal and Adam are trying to figure out what will help.
Meanwhile people think Jack is in a coma,

while VP Elizabeth takes over. Ethan has disappeared, and staff are worried about the whole situa
Frenemies: Enemy Within Discussion Thread!! 91 46 May 19, 2017 09:14AM
  • One-Eyed Royals (Seven of Spades, #4)
  • Special Forces: Soldiers Part II -Director's Cut
  • His Fateful Heap of Days (More Heat Than the Sun, #8)
  • Reckless Behavior (Bad Behavior, #3)
  • Fit to be Tied (Marshals, #2)
  • In the Requiem (Metahuman Files, #5)
  • Point of Contact
  • Smoke & Mirrors (THIRDS, #7)
  • Where Death Meets the Devil (Death and the Devil, #1)
  • The Wolf at Bay (Big Bad Wolf, #2)
  • Sin and Tonic (Sinners, #6)
  • Barrel Proof (Agents Irish and Whiskey, #3)
  • Torch (Unbreakable Bonds, #3)
  • Fair Chance (All's Fair, #3)

Tal Bauer is an award-winning and best-selling author of LGBT romantic thrillers. He is happily married and lives with his husband in Texas. Tal is a member of the Romance Writers of America.

Website - www.talbauerwrites.com
Amazon Author - http://amazon.com/author/talbauer
Twitter - @TalBauerWrites
Email: tal@talbauerwrites.com
Newsletter - http://eepurl.com/cs0vsn

The Executive Office (3 books)
  • Enemies of the State (The Executive Office #1)
  • Enemy Of My Enemy (Executive Office #2)
“Faisal, say it. Please, say it.” Adam scooted close and pressed their faces together. Memories flickered through his mind like photographs falling to the floor. The night they met, the music playing beneath the tent on the beach, and the sweet honey taste of luqaymat. Peaches on Faisal’s lips, the warmth of his skin, Subhanallah, Faisal was always so warm, like he carried the sun within his soul. Feeling sand beneath his knees and sliding through his fingers. “Please. I want this. I want to be by your side for all eternity. Please, Faisal. Maa shaa Allah.” 2 likes