Start by marking “Part Of The List” as Want to Read:
Part Of The List

Part Of The List

4.47  ·  Rating details ·  162 Ratings  ·  78 Reviews
If you were dying, what would be on the list of moments that mattered most to you? That shaped your life? What would you choose to remember or choose to ignore even in the face of death? Who would you miss? What would you regret not doing? Who would you regret not loving? In the face of your own mortality or in the face of your lover's, what would be part of the list?
Kindle Edition
Published March 9th 2017

Rosie J.
4.5 Stars

I like Xavier Neal books so I bought this one and started reading it right away. This story is filled with angst, longing and pain. If you are NOT a fan of angst, this book is NOT for you -- trust me, I wouldn't steer you wrong. I have a love and hate relationship with this story -- I went back and forth -- and you, too will feel very emotional about these characters, if you decide to read it.

The book abruptly ended -- it didn't end on a cliffhanger and most would say the story was reso
Sunny Shelly Reads
Oh my. This book left me a slobbering, blubbering mess. I don't know whether I loved it for all the intense emotions it made me feel, or hate it because it came to an end. Can I love to hate it?

Kennedy and Bailey were pretty much soulmates from the time they met at ages 13 and 15. But there's a huge reason why Bailey can't be with her. Still, he finds a way to steal moments with Kennedy despite the secret he's hiding from her, and their relationship forever hovers between best friends and someth
Dri ✰
Mar 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
5++ FEELS ALL THE FEELS STARS!!!

“I love you. Always have. Always will.”

Eu nem sei o que dizer sobre esse livro... nem sei como explicar o quanto ele mexeu comigo, o quanto senti meu coração pesado e apertado. Perdi as contas de quantas vezes prendi a respiração ou chorei a ponto de soluçar.

"I swear it's that whole Adam and Eve thing. She wasn't just made for me. She was made from me. We’re one soul split into two, constantly trying to fuse back together."

O que mais chamou minha atenção e me
Alison
5 Stars!!!

I was given this book in turn for an honest review.

Looking back on their memories, Bailey and Kennedy guide us through how life has brought them to the here and now.

Xavier Neal has written a story that is unique and powerful. There are a thousand messages hid behind the words; each is powerful and thought provoking. And many will stay with you for days, weeks and possibly months or even years to come.

This story flickers between the past and present and at first I found it unclear th
Mspraise50
Apr 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
I put off reading this book for ages because I knew it would end in tears. This love story is hard from beginning to end. The trials that the hero goes through for loving the woman that he wanted to be with (and sometimes from afar) was heartbreaking. Then when they finally get to be together disaster strikes. Definitely worth a read but be prepared to cry and your heart to feel heavy after you have finished this story.
Sheri Bishop
Mar 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Why, Xavier, why??? Why do you keep breaking my heart like this??? Why did it have to end, and end like that??? My poor little heart keeps hoping (as much as I have tried to convince it not to) there will be another book and my poor little heart won't be broken again.

Nicely done, Xavier, nicely done! But give me a month or two before you send another one like this my way, PLEASE!!
Book-Lover Book Blog
Mar 23, 2017 rated it really liked it

I spend most of this book completely confused about what was really happening. I still think I don't have all the answers I was seeking while reading this so I am sad to say that I am a little disappointed.

I loved the writing style and how this author manages to make the words jump out at you, but for me there was a lot of their story missing; for me anyway.

But saying this, the ending did make me sniffle, it was heartbreaing for Kennedy and I have to say it was a touching moment. But,
G
Mar 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Kleenex is your friend

I loved this book and hated it at the same time. The hero's stupidity costs him the ultimate price in the end and I can't help but feel such pain for fictional characters. This is why I gave it a 4 star rating. I wanted the happy ending so badly for them. I wanted to know what will happen next to these characters. My heart simply aches. I wish I got more insight on the other characters and that they were fully fleshed out but with the way the story was told that was not mea
Liane
Mar 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Ugly cry

Wow this book was excellent from start to finish. This was my first read by this author! Don't want to give anything away but the two MC were meant to be together. Loved how the author wrote about their present life and past life growing up. I love books like this when it tells the tale or real true love how it starts when their kids and continues until adulthood.
OrMey
Mar 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Amazing story, amazing read....simply amazing. Read in about 4-5 hours....could not put it down.
I enjoyed the writing style-going back in the past at moments-giving the reader the history. The development of secondary characters was great. I felt for every character in this story.

Enjoyed the love between the hero & heroine. Loved the depth of the hero....I enjoyed knowing his perspective and flaws and challenges. Hated his secret, hated that he held it for so long.....
(can I also say, selfi
Kim C.
Mar 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Unglued

Part of the List... After reading this you get a glimpse of what it must be like to feel trapped. Some unable to walk away from family love.

My heart is feeling a little heavy right. This book is definitely worth the reads and tears I shed
Shari Kay
Mar 11, 2017 marked it as skip-it
My heart ain't going there

Linda Cotter
Mar 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
When I started this book, I did not know what to expect. Xavier has given me (ok, all of us) some amazing men and fun women, but nothing from her past books would have prepared me for this!!
This book is beautiful, soulful, moving, amazing, emotional, sweet, romanic and heart wrenching!!
This has quickly moved to my favorite from Xavier, and I may have wanted to throttle her at the end, I have to admit that I don't know that she will ever outdo this one!!
Tish
Feels all the feels

Wow. What can I say about this book. Tissues are a must...
It's beautiful, it's real, it's raw and it will break your heart and remain with you FOREVER!!
My poor poor heart.
Xavier knocked it outa the park with this book.
Susan
Feb 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I give Part of the List 5 stars for being able to take such hateful acts and blend them with such hopeful dedication. Never thought these words "I love you. Always have. Always will." could make me cry so much. I felt that through all the sadness, loss, and hatred, there were also so many happy, hopeful, and loving moments.

Xavier Neal is an author I recently discovered and I truly think she is brilliant. She described this story from both their points of view, and it was fantastic. A real tear j
Leiera Monae
Mar 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Everyone, but tissues are needed
There were certain details about Bailey and Kennedy's story that I did not care for, and that in other books probably would have made me rate it lower. But I just could not bring myself to do that here. The message, the characters, the story-telling, all too powerful for anything less.

First of all for the safety gang --> (view spoiler)
Pearline
Sophia
Dec 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My heart is hurting!!

I’m so pissed right now!! Like is this for real right now?? I feel like I’ve been bamboozled!!!! This is gut wrenching!! I can’ even write a decent review because I’m still in shock!!
Dawn
Mar 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Diva's review!! *******Heart wrenching stars. Wow! Just wow! Based on the title of this book I was not expecting it to be anything like it was!! I should have known since its from Xavier Neal!!! Her books are all truly amazing and you never know what to expect!! I was drawn into this book the second I picked it up! Really got to feel connected to the characters because we get to know them from the first moment they met and we travel the journey right along with them reliving memories! My heart c ...more
Christie72
~5 ++ Stars~

“I swear it’s that whole Adam and Eve thing. She wasn’t just made for me. She was made from me. We’re one soul split into two, constantly trying to fuse back together.”

Part of the List is one of those rare books that I have to sit and contemplate what I’m going to say in my review. It was beautiful and emotional. It made me swoon, made me laugh, made me not cry…but sob! It also made me grateful for the people whom I love in my life.
Bailey has been in love with Kennedy since they we
Jennifer Zamora
May 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Seriously Xavier?! Ok without spoilers I cant much more than that.
I am and probably always will be an Xavier Neal fan. I love every one of her books that I have read, and this one is no different. I cannot say that the ending wasnt a disappointment, but I guess I shoudnt be surprised.
How far do you go to be with THE ONE? What risks do you take? For Bailey and Kennedy these are questions they are asked over and over again. This is a very heart-wrenching story of 2 people who are meant for each o
evette w
May 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
👏 Well Done!

I just finished one of the most gut wrenching stories,and I can honestly easy I'm heart broken.I know life happens and bad things happen to good people,but this story just took something out of me.This is not to say it was not a good story because it was the best.I loved every moment we got too read about the main characters,and what love was and is,this story gave new meaning to soulmate.This was a really good story,well written and with characters that are developed and written in
Karen
Mar 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
No. Nope. Just stop.

This story kicks you right in the feels. And how cruel is it to make like 97% of the book full of hope! It was a great read as always. Loved the story. Just a few things left you wishing for a few more words. Just so you can give your imagination a push in the right direction, but maybe that's the hallmark of a good story. The reader can produce any HAPPY ending they choose. Grab some tissues though. It's required.
Jacqueline Bragg
Apr 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Truly Sad

I'm having a hard time writing this Review. Thinking about all they could have had of only.he would of told another Adult, Maybe he could still be here. And then the passing of not only him but Emma also. A Sad and Heartbreaking story about the color of one skin and the Bigot, Bullies that know no better.No one could tell this Beautifully story then Xavier Neal
Sammie Shorter
Jul 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love in spite of the pain

Wow!!! What a love story. Bailey loved Kennedy so much . This story has so much angst and pain. The couple finally made their way to each other and experienced their HEA. Bailey's father was a piece of work for sure. I really didn't expect that ending though. A wonderfully written love story.
Tracey
This is my review and how I see it. Author Xavier Neal pulls at your heartstrings in this interracial contemporary romance. From the summary of the book, you can tell that this is going to be somewhat of a tear jerker. I. SHEDDED. TEARS. almost from beginning to end. There were some parts in between that pissed me off as well as had me seeing the green-eyed monster called jealousy.

"I love you, Kenny. I always have...I always will..." ~ Bailey

Yes, this is a book of fictional characters; howeve
Robyn
Oct 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Xavier Neal is one of my favorite authors and this story rates at the top. Oh how I wished it ended in a different way...but I understand. This story was so beautiful and I cried all the way through it. This author always manages to surprise me and keep me on the edge of my seat. Loved every single word!
LaTanya Galloway
Mar 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Soul snatched, heart broken

Like, I shed real tears, anxiety ramped up, heart pounding. Im such a big fan of Xavier Neal's and this story just ramped it up 10 notches. No happy ending here. But the sweet affectionate words whispered, " Always have, always will", will have you bawling like a baby. This is unlike any other coming of age, grow apart, come back together stories. It is one of honor and protection and devotion that Bailey has for Kennedy, that only a few people in this world ever gets.
Ally
Mar 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Always have! Always will!

I'm not sure how I feel about this but I'm feeling some kind of way! I loved how the story was told. I could actually see all the characters as they told their part of the story. But I wasn't expecting that ending! It just doesn't seem right!
Tanue Bryant
Sep 11, 2017 rated it did not like it
Difficult read

I didn't really like this, to sad!!! I don't read romantic novels to be depressed. I do have to admit that I skipped through most of it. Not my kind of book. Usually I enjoy this author I will just be more careful next time.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Xavier Neal lives in Texas where she spends her time getting lost in writing, reading, or fandoms she recently discovered. Whether she is enjoying books or movies, she continues finding inspiration at every turn to bring more exciting stories to life.

Make sure you check me out on Facebook! I love to giveaway FREE books and prizes!

Make sure you sign up for my newsletter too!

Here is the newsletter
More about Xavier Neal

Romance Deals

• Wild Kisses (Wildwood, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Dangerous Engagement (The Regency Spies of London, #3)
  • Trouble in Paradise
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Staying For Good (Most Likely To, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Miss Fortune (Lear Family Trilogy #3)
  • Almost Like Love
  • Party Girl
  • Cross My Heart
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Grave Secrets (Rogue River #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Married by Monday (The Weekday Brides, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • If I Didn't Know Better (The Callaways #9)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Beauty Queen (Lear Family Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Life After Wife (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #3)
  • Incentive
    $3.99 $1.99
  • It Started With a Kiss (Sequoia Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fiancé by Friday (The Weekday Brides, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Savage Urges (The Phoenix Pack, #5)
  • The Color of Water in July
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Knight Avenged (Circle of Seven, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taken by Tuesday (The Weekday Brides, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Kushiel's Dart (Phèdre's Trilogy, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • A Forever Thing (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dead in Her Tracks (Rogue Winter, #2)
  • Flirting with Felicity
  • Long, Hot Texas Summer
  • You'll Think of Me
  • Lily Love
    $1.99 $0.99
  • Forever is the Worst Long Time
    $4.99 $1.99
  • True to the Highlander (Loch Moigh #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet as Sin (Bad Habit, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Dollmaker (The Forgotten Files, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fifth Grave Past the Light (Charley Davidson, #5)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • The Heart of Betrayal (The Remnant Chronicles, #2)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Shameless (White Lies Duet #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Burn for You (Slow Burn, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Be Mine Forever (St. Helena Vineyard, #4)
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Lake (Sweet Lake #1)
  • The Barefoot Summer
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Smart Girl (The Girl's #3)
  • Falling Together
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Warrior's Revenge
  • Lily's White Lace
    $4.49 $1.99
  • A Viscount's Proposal (The Regency Spies of London, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fear For Me: A Novel of the Bayou Butcher (For Me, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hangman (The Forgotten Files #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Stone Walls (True Heroes, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Things I Can't Forget (Hundred Oaks, #3)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Flashpoint (Troubleshooters, #7)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Break Me (Corrupted Hearts, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Shark (Forgotten Files, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Black and Green (The Ghost Bird, #11)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Wager
  • Enrage (Eagle Elite )
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Spiral of Need (The Mercury Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Treasured by Thursday (The Weekday Brides, #7)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Infraction (Players Game, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fated (Dark Protectors, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Material Girl (The Fancy Lives of the Lear Sisters, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles, #3)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Summer in Napa (St. Helena Vineyard, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Devil's Daughter (Hidden Sins #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fraternize (Players Game, #1)
  • Once Upon a Prince
    $9.99 $0.99
  • To Whisper Her Name (A Belle Meade Plantation Novel)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Huntress of Thornbeck Forest (A Medieval Fairy Tale #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Hearts at Seaside (Sweet with Heat: Seaside Summers #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Best Man (Blue Heron #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The View from Rainshadow Bay (Lavender Tides #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Ever the Hunted (Clash of Kingdoms, #1)
  • P.S. from Paris
  • The Rules of Regret
    $3.99 $1.99
  • In Shining Whatever (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Girl (The Girl's Series Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Trouble with Tomboys (Tommy Creek #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • All There Is (Juniper Hills, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Soul and Blade (Blood and Bone, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • To Win Her Favor (Belle Meade Plantation #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Nobody's Baby But Mine (Chicago Stars, #3)
    $4.74 $1.99
  • Delta: Redemption (Delta, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dealing Double (Heartbreaker, #2)
  • Spin (Spin, #1)
    $7.74 $0.99
  • On Her Father's Grave (Rogue River #1)