Start by marking “The Spartacus File” as Want to Read:
The Spartacus File

The Spartacus File

3.83  ·  Rating details ·  47 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
Casper Beech is a corporate drone. One day his boss sends him in for neural imprinting but a computer glitch loads the wrong file, and Casper is programmed with something that has nothing to do with his job. Instead of learning a new software package, he learns a new way of thinking -- a mindset designed by a secret government agency for use in enemy nations, and never mea ...more
Published July 18th 2006 by Wildside Press (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about The Spartacus File, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Spartacus File

Procrastinador Diletante
Dec 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
A princípio dei 3 estrelas a este livro, mas na verdade é um 3.5, portanto resolvi arredondar para cima, porque até merece.

Sabendo o título e lendo o resumo da história, fica-se com uma ideia do que vai acontecer, mas mesmo assim tinha curiosidade em conhecer este Spartacus do futuro - acima de tudo, queria saber como é que o autor ia dar a volta ao final histórico, da vida do líder da revolta dos escravos na Roma Antiga.

O conceito do enredo, embora previsível, está bem conseguido, e a acção dec
K. Axel
Apr 07, 2009 rated it really liked it
This book is nothing like any other book I've ever read by Lawrence Watt-Evans, and with good reason, since he didn't write it on his own. In fact, the whole idea behind this book came from Carl Parlagreco, the co-author.

Its about a quite ordinary man named Casper Beech, a real nobody with no real future. Then one day, something happens...

This is a science fiction novel, but set in a future not far from our time. We are somewhere in the States, Philadelphia, I think, in a time when its possible
Mf
Jul 02, 2010 rated it really liked it
Nice concept: NeuroTech implants skills directly into your head. Well done and well paced, for what is really a novella not a novel in length. A quick, interesting read.
Howard Brazee
Feb 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
I liked the book - but my digital copy didn't indicate when there were scene breaks.
Sean Randall
Sep 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Something about this title really appealed to me, and although the ending was predictably unsatisfying, the general idea behind the book was good and actually kept my interest.
John Krippel