Start by marking “Land of Inheritance (Out of Jerusalem, #4)” as Want to Read:
Land of Inheritance (Out of Jerusalem, #4)

Land of Inheritance (Out of Jerusalem #4)

4.24  ·  Rating details ·  250 Ratings  ·  26 Reviews
Volume Four in the captivating epic that chronicles the lives and loves of the family of Lehi as they struggle to establish themselves in the Promised Land. It is a saga filled with spiritual yearnings, escalating rebellions, tender family relationships-and sibling rivalries that reach frenzied heights of hatred and revenge.
Published September 30th 2008 by Covenant (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Land of Inheritance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Land of Inheritance

Heather
Nov 14, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This is my own book and it's kind of strange to rate it. I'd probably give it 4 stars to be humble, but then I realized that there's nothing out there that quite covers what this volume does.

It explores the dynamic of an incredible family--well, incredible on one hand and self-destructive on the other.

I was amazed at how the themes and the basic character emotions came through--and saw how they related to our modern-day families.

Lehi dies, after conferring the patriarchal title on his 4th son,
Krista Jensen
Jan 28, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I just finished reading this creative and insightful version of a scripture story I already know well. Heather's characters were real to me, and their world was brought to life in a way that made me feel I was discovering the story all over again.
I also appreciated Heather's notes at the end of the book, seeing her research and how she chose to apply it.
I have just started reading LDS fiction, and I find myself wondering how to rate some I have read against classic works and mainstream bestselle
Idamae Wallace
Nov 05, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book series!!! It was wonderful to follow Nephi and his family through their journey to the Americas. The author used the actual story of Nephi and his family but gave their wives names and personalities. It was adventurous as the family encounters the dangers of their journey but it was also emotional to experience the family breakup and all the troubles that brought. I highly recommend this book series!
LuAnn
Sep 13, 2008 rated it it was amazing
The fourth and final book in the Out of Jerusalem series, Land of Inheritance, by H. B. Moore is as satisfying to the heart of a romantic as reading the scriptures is to the soul of the believer. Through meticulous and documented research, and a flair for a well-told story, Moore takes readers into the trials and triumphs of the Book of Mormon prophet Nephi and members of his family as they at last reach the New World, a place more foreign than any land they crossed before. Readers will find the ...more
Christina
Like the others in the series, this book is well-researched and insightful. It moves at a good pace and the characters are interesting. It is also a little sad (since the true story it is based on is quite sad). There is a lot of speculation, but the author does a great job making you think about what it would have been like to divide a family (this book covers the period of time after Lehi's family reaches the Promised Land - including Nephi being told to take those who will follow him and leav ...more
Cheryl
Jan 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Loved it. This is a book that I lost a night of sleep over. I just couldn't put it down. This book concludes the "Out of Jerusalem" series. I loved the story and the things I learned about this family. It makes me think of what might have been. I especially enjoyed Jacob and Eve's characters. Elisheba and Rammah's characters make me think, because the 'Book of Mormon" talks about Ishmale's sons following Laman and Nephi's sisters followed Nephi. How did that work? HBM offers a possible explanati ...more
Andrea
Jan 23, 2009 rated it really liked it
Overall I really enjoyed this series. I appreciated the way the author described the accounts of Lehi and Nephi's families. Some aspects of their lives had never really come to mind before while reading the Book of Mormon. I like how the stories made me consider how things had been for them on a more personal level.
Andrea
Oct 09, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Love this book & love this series! It really brought the Book of Mormon to life for me. I feel like I know the people in the Book of Mormon better & I understand the culture & environment of the time much more than before.
The only problem now is remembering which parts are fiction and which parts are scriptural!
Audrey
Apr 02, 2008 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this series! I found all four of the books in the series rivetting! I was obsessed about getting them read, and finished them in 5 days.
These books are based on the story of Lehi and Nephi and their family's journey through the wilderness to the promised land.
A great read!
Ashley
Dec 30, 2008 rated it really liked it
I didn't enjoy the last book as much as I did the previous books. I didn't like some of the loose ends. MOre needed to be resolved and I wanted to hear more details of the promise land. But i thouroughly enjoyed this series and I want to read more books by Heather Moore.
  • Women of the Book of Mormon
  • Bullies in the Headlights
  • Mary & Joseph
  • Mothers of the Prophets
  • Upon the Mountains
  • A Banner Is Unfurled (A Banner is Unfurled, #1)
  • Smokescreen (Saint Squad, #5)
  • Grave Secrets
  • Trespass (Traitor, #3)
  • In the Company of Angels
  • Dark Sky at Dawn
  • A Time To Die (Shandra Covington, #3)
  • Counting Stars
  • Methods of Madness
Heather B. Moore is a USA Today bestselling author of more than a dozen historical novels and thrillers, written under pen name H.B. Moore. She writes women's fiction, romance and inspirational non-fiction under Heather B. Moore. This can all be confusing, so her kids just call her Mom. Heather attended Cairo American College in Egypt, the Anglican School of Jerusalem in Israel, and earned a Bache ...more
More about H.B. Moore...

Out of Jerusalem (4 books)
  • Of Goodly Parents (Out of Jerusalem, #1)
  • A Light in the Wilderness (Out of Jerusalem, #2)
  • Towards the Promised Land (Out of Jerusalem, #3)