Start by marking “Rush (Montgomery Men #1)” as Want to Read:
Rush (Montgomery Men #1)

Rush

(Montgomery Men #1)

I was running from my husband, a man I thought I’d known. Running from the hell he had put me through.

He’d nearly destroyed the woman I had once been and I would do whatever it took to regain my freedom.

I would lie, and cheat. I would steal if it meant that I never had to go back there.

I’d run and keep running…

But there was one problem. I hadn’t planned for Ashton Montgome
ebook, 1st, 236 pages
Published August 23rd 2016

Start your review of Rush (Montgomery Men #1)
Emily
Kinsley has put up with her domineering husband and his abuse because it was the only way to get her father's healthcare taken care of. She sees a piece of herself die though every time he cuts her down or abuses her. When she realizes her husband hid her fathers death from her, it is her breaking point and fortunately a woman helps her escape and find a new identity and life. Kinsley has no plans on ever getting involved with a man again, but when billionaire Ashton Montgomery makes his interes ...more
Jos
Feb 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Kimberly
Aug 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Ashton Montgomery you made me fall hard and fast for you with your dirty mouth and your insanely sweet side. But when you started the alpha male possessive act I was completely done! There was no turning back.

Rush is book one in the Montgomery Men series and I am completely hooked! Like every other CA Harms book, it had all the feels and left me in a big puddle of swoony goo! It's hot, super sexy, a little sweet and a lot dirty!

Ashton is single, rich and living the dream life. He has his brother
Victoria

3.5 RATING- Surprised that I ended up liking this one as much as I did. Guilty pleasure for sure but well done. Woman on the run story, man whore who falls hard and pursues heroine harder, some sexy dirty talk, and very readable writing made this a quick enjoyable read.

I have several books by this author that I picked up as freebies on my Kindle (although this is the first I've actually read so far and I purchased this one) and am glad to find her writing works for me. I definitely plan to pick
Coco.V
Aug 19, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
💝FREE on Amazon today (8/19/2018)!💝

Blurb:
I was running from my husband, a man I thought I’d known.
Running from the hell he had put me through.

He’d nearly destroyed the woman I had once been and
I would do whatever it took to regain my freedom.

I would lie, and cheat.
I would steal if it meant that I never had to go back there.

I’d run and keep running…

But there was one problem. I hadn’t planned for Ashton Montgomery.
He was a distraction I couldn’t allow. Not if I wanted to stay safe. I had t
Books Laid Bare
Aug 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Relationships, not a chance Ashton Montgomery had given that a try and was sworn off anything long term from now on and there was no shortage of willing bedfellows.
Kinsley Hellman has experienced the worst the world could throw at her, at the hands of her ba***rd of a husband Jase, he was one sick mother***er and she was little more than a possession that he could do what he wanted both too and with.
Staying through fear and obligation, Kinsley finds out in the most despicable of circumstances th
Bette Hansen
Jul 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent

An excellent story, exceptional writing, and great characters made this a fantastic read. Ashton and Kingsley/Kiera area perfect together and a great story of how our past doesn't have to control our future when we trust the right people. Definitely a recommended read.
Lydia H
Aug 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
CA HARMS' BEST BOOK YET!!

I'm not sure what the author did while writing this novel, but OH.EM.GEE. she certainly NAILED it. Now, I've LOVED all her other books, but this one....this one was just so much better!! WOW! I was HOOKED and I seriously could not put this book down. The story line had more depth, more emotion...GAH! I don't know quite how to explain it, but this book was just EPIC.

Ashton was DELICIOUS and Kinsley was a strong heroine. I loved how despite Ash being an alpha male, he kn
Lauren
Aug 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: love-this-book
I loved this book; Rush is by far C.A. Harms best book. The storyline of this book instantly gripped me. I couldn’t put it down! The emotions in this book are intense and on point. Kinsley’s story gave me the feels, there wasn’t one emotion that I didn’t feel whilst reading Rush. Anger at Jase. Ugly crying for the pain Kinsley felt at losing her father. And happiness for Kinsley and Ashton’s love and relationship. The storyline for Rush is on point, and consistent throughout. I seriously cannot ...more
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
5 Stars!

It is no secret I am a huge fan of this author. From the first time I read one of her books, I was hooked. And since then, I keep coming back with each new release. I expect a lot from the author and the Montgomery Men series is one I am looking forward to in the future. This book was so amazing. It had an intriguing plot, flowing story line and gave me all the feels while keeping me on the edge of my seat. Ashton stole my heart.

Rush is a sexy new standalone and first in a brand new seri
Tammy
Aug 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! This is C.A. Harms' BEST BOOK YET!

Kinsley was trapped in an abusive marriage. Jase abused her both physically and mentally while using her dying father to manipulate her into believing she couldn't leave him. Then a chance encounter with a woman she didn't know changes everything. With this woman's help she escaped and took a new identity (Kiera). She lived in fear he would find her but she was strong and determined to build a new life. Then Kiera meets Ashton, he is an intim
Becky Rendon
Aug 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobooks
Running from an abusive and powerful man has Kinsley constantly looking over her shoulder. She's trying to move on from the news that changed her life and made her get out. She will be strong. Fake it 'til you make it, right?

It wouldn't be so hard if Ashton Montgomery would just back off. The man must never hear the word no. No she won't go out with him. No she won't be in his bed. No she won't think about him and his kisses...Alright she is already failing at that one but...

Yup, Kinsley knows h
Sweet Spot Sisterhood Book Lover's Blog
This was the first book I have read from this author and it certainly won't be my last. The balance of strength and vulnerability that our heroine possessed was amazing and well written. Our hero was an incredibly tantalizing alpha male with the perfect balance of dominance and tenderness. Just delicious. The storyline was gripping and a real page-turner and I kept waiting for the shoe to drop... the trouble to appear around the corner. I was truly as paranoid as the heroine rightfully felt. The ...more
Anne Milne
Sep 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a new to me author and it definitely won't be the last one I read.
Kinsley and Ashton are fabulous characters, as the story develops we get a real insight into their personalities and what makes them tick. At the start Ashton is a bit of an as...le he comes off as cold and aloof. He has everything I love in a bbf, he's funny, sexy, successful and demanding with a filthy mouth. When we meet Kinsley at the start my heart broke for everything she has gone through but a chance meeting gives h
Lisa Mulvihill
Aug 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the best

This is one of Ms. Harms best books to date. Kinsley and Ashton felt so real. Kinsley was on the run from an abusive husband when she met Ashton and sparks flew. While rediscovering herself she found the love she needed from Ashton.
Kim  Brewing
Sep 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great start to the series

This book grabbed my attention from the first page and kept it. This story has something for everyone....drama, angst, love and sexy time. Can't wait to read the next book.
Kaylee Ryan
Aug 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Ashton Montgomery will steal your heart! Great start to a new series from Harms. You don't want to miss this one.
Shayay
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was an Audible listen for me. The narrator did a great job and fit the characters and story well. She has a nice tone to her voice. Recommended listening!

Sweet and sexy connection between Ashton and Kinsley aka Kiera. Loved their connection; lots of passion and heart. Ashton was a bit of a jerk in the beginning; he didn’t have the best introduction, but I loved that he was head over heels for Kinsley and wasn’t scared to commit to her. Kinsley is on the run from her abusive husband and does
Michele
Sep 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Strong love

I felt the pain from Kinsley right from the start. The chemistry between her and Ashton was off the charts. I can't to read more from this series
Sophie
Aug 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I've just finished CA Harm's best book to date. Hands down THE BEST! I have DEVOURED this book in THREE HOURS! And now I don't know what to do with myself.

Rush is the first standalone from a brand new series from CA. It's raw, I am literally STRIPPED of emotion right now. It's racy, Ashton is SO FREAKING HOT, I swear I'm on fire. And it's REAL, the feels are real, the heartache is real, the swoon is real. Everything is perfect!

CA Harms knows how to write alphas, delicious, dirty alphas that blo
Jennifer Pierson
Aug 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Kinsley has been living in an abusive marriage for years, and the only thing keeping her there, is her husband is paying for her sick father's medical expenses. However, when it's no longer needed, she escaped immediately, and is on the run. Armed with a new identity, job, and in a new city, she's managed to stay under the radar. While doing an errand for her boss, she meets Ashton Montgomery, and feels an instant strong attraction to him, but in order to stay safe, he's a distraction she can't ...more
The Smutbrarians
Value- 4
Overall Rating- 4
Kindle eARC
Reviewed by Jen

Watch out ladies!! Ashton Montgomery is about to become a new book boyfriend. From his insanely hot body to his dirty talking, Ashton Montgomery sure knows how to make the ladies fall all over him. From the first time meeting him I couldn't help but find myself crushing on him.

Being rich and newly single after having his girlfriend cheat on him, Ashton is living his life the way he wants. He has no tro
Ena May - Swoon Worthy Books/Enticing Journey Book Promotions
Intriguing...Captivating...A mind-blowing must read for any reader looking for a sexy and intense read that leaves you feeling the RUSH....

C.A. Harms bring us a novel about finding the courage to remember the girl you once were and make the first step in getting her back. Rush is the story of Kinsley and the life that was stolen from her from the one person that promised to love and cherish her forever. Rush will take you on an intense journey of battling your demons and taking a risk that could
FMR Book Grind
Aug 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
ERIN'S REVIEW
6 STARS

OMG!!! Words cannot express what I felt while reading this books. The author has really outdone herself this time. I have to admit that I am a HUGE fan of CA Harms. I am talking stalker level huge. I have read every one of her books and have fallen in love every time I open a new one. Her characters are always very well developed. Her storylines are phenomenal. They will make you wish you were a part of the story, just so you could say you were there. I know without a doubt t
 Lissa Smith Reads'~Bookaholics Bookshelf Reviews
I love series, sometimes I just can't get enough. Now add brother's to the mix and you have a series that I tend to go a bit Cray Cray for. However, just because it's brother series doesn't mean it any good. But, that's not the case for RUSH!

I was drawn into the tale of a woman desperate to escape her abusive mate. Who doesn't love a heroine strong enough to leave her abuse? What's more heroic, she was able to finally let down some of her guards and fall in love with a man who loves her for her.
Tammy Cole
Aug 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It's no secret that I love CA Harms but honestly this is probably one of my favorite books of hers. I freaking loved Ashton so much. I mean seriously who doesn't love a bad boy who falls hopelessly in love? This is a man who gets everything he wants, including women, but he has to work for Kinsley affections and trust. When he falls, he falls hard.

"These eyes melt me, baby. I've never looked into another person's eyes and felt the pull I feel when I look into yours."

Kinsley is a strong woman wh
Renee Entress
Aug 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 star

I was pulled right into this story. The story has pain, secrets, lies, suspense, twists & turns and heartbreak.

This is Kinsley and Ashton’s story. Kinsley is on the run from her past. Her husband abused her and now that she ran she is building a new life for herself. Ashton is cocky and knows just what he wants. But is Kinsley even open to something with someone? Or is she just waiting for her past to catch up with her? Can she try and form a relationship or will it be no use? Can Ashton
AnessaRenee Reviews
Sep 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Kinsley is the heroine who truly makes you want to be her best friend. She overcomes so much and will do anything to run from her past. I love an alpha who knows how to dominate and Ashton definitely fits that mold. His mouth knows how to make you melt. And his fierce need for Kinsley is out of this world. Neither one of them anticipate the other and it makes for a wonderful read. This story has so many emotions that run throughout the story. It pulls on your heart strings and keeps you reading. ...more
Danielle Pullen
Aug 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Yet another CA Harms book you will devour! I am in love with CA Harms and her impeccable writing! Serious girl crush going on right here!

When you read the synopsis for Rush, you get the impression the entire book will be dark and angsty (not even sure that's a word but oh well!) There are parts of this book that will make you laugh, love and tear up!

Kinsley is absolutely shattered when she runs from her abusive husband and lands in New York City. Within in a short time she learns how to portray
Maria
Aug 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Kinsley's part in the beginning of the story can break your heart 5 seconds flat, but I love seeing how she persevered and made a life even better for herself.

Ash is hot, sexy and everything you want in a caveman alpha male. And I loved watching Kinsley tear him down in their first few meetings!

Kinsley had the right amount of sass to make Ash work for it but the heartbroken eyes that let you know that it was all an act and that she just wanted someone she could trust.

Their story is intense with
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Addicted to You (SAPD SWAT, #2)
  • The Girl Behind the Red Door
  • Making You Mine (The Bradens & Montgomerys: Pleasant Hill - Oak Falls, #5)
  • Why I'm Yours
  • Until Twyla (Happily Ever Alpha World)
  • Surrender to You (SAPD SWAT, #1)
  • Just Getting Started (Fair Lakes, #2)
  • Heart's Insanity (Angel Fire Rock Romance, #1)
  • Jemma 1: Entertainment with Jem, Book 1
  • Her Alpha
  • Fateless  (Stateless #3)
  • Traceless (Stateless, #2)
  • Stateless (Stateless, #1)
  • Regret (McIntyre Security Bodyguard #9)
  • The Beauty and The Beast (Heroes Ever After #1)
  • Accidental Groom (Accidental Love, #1)
  • Stay With Me (Hope Valley Book 5)
  • Bayside Romance (Bayside Summers Book 5)

Montgomery Men (3 books)
  • Heat (Montgomery Men #2)
  • Fall (Montgomery Men Book 3)

News & Interviews