Start by marking “Captive (The Druid Chronicles, #2)” as Want to Read:
Captive (The Druid Chronicles, #2)

Captive

(The Druid Chronicles #2)

A Druid priestess falls for the wrong man – the warrior who’s taken her prisoner…

Hungry for revenge, Druid acolyte Morwyn turns her back on her goddess and vows to fight the Roman invaders. But before she can join up with the rebels, she’s captured by a tough Gaul mercenary.

Bren, pledged to the true Briton king, has spent three years undercover in the Roman Legion. When hi
Published September 5th 2016 by Phoenix 18 Publishing (first published January 20th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Captive, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Captive

Katie(babs)
Morwyn is a Druid priestess who leaves her home to join the rebels against the Roman Legions. She’s attacked and almost raped, but rescued by a Gaul mercenary named Dunmacos, who has a reputation of being cruel and unjust. But Dunmacos is only a disguise, for he is really Bren, working undercover for the Briton king, Caratacus- the same king Morwyn wants to join forces with. She doesn’t trust Dunmacos, but when he makes himself her protector on her journey, she has no choice but to accept.

Guilt
Bookaholics
Jan 26, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Captive by Christina Phillips
Historical Romance -Feb. 1st, 2011
4 stars

Captive is the second erotic historical written by Christina Phillips set in ancient Roman times. In this story, the magical Druids have been slowly taken over by the ruthless Roman army bent on world domination. Primal and sexy, I love this series.

Morwyn is one of the chosen Druids but she gave up the old ways when her lover was killed by the Romans. Although she did not love her lover, she feels responsible for his death an
Tina
May 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The year is 50 A.D. and the Romans have invaded Briton. They are advancing on Cymru, the western peninsula rich in gold, copper and lead. The Druids have to form the resistance.

Bren, a Gaul auxiliary stationed in Cymru, spent the last three years undercover in the Roman Legions. His loyalty is to the king of Briton; this is absolute. But his time is running out fast. Morwyn has taken a vow of celibacy as her Goddess demands. She is going to the rebel camps when she is captured by the Romans. Bre
Erin Grace
Nov 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Heat, passion and conflict flare during the times of Romans versus Celts, making 'Captive'anything but your average historical romance!
Carla-Book Monster Reviews
Christina Phillips latest novel, Captive (book 2 in the FORBIDDEN series) takes place in AD 50 at a time when the Romans were conquering all surrounding lands. This story takes place in Cymru, an island off the coast of Britain, where the Romans have killed and raped to overtake lands rich in minerals of gold, copper and lead. Lead by the Druids, the people of Cymru rebel and then flee to the Isle of Mon to recoup their strength and develop a plan to attack the Romans again.

One of the Druids i
Lynette
More like 3.5.

When the man she most admired and secretly loved betrayed not only herself but her people, Morwayn, a druid, lost faith in her god and her people. When she hears news that her friend was murdered, all Morwayn can think of is to avenge his death. To do that she must leave the secret isle where her people went into hiding after the Roman’s invaded her land. Unfortunately, before she could find the encampment where the Briton king hides with the rest of the rebels, she is attacked by
Aemelia
Apr 04, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Christina Phillips weaves a fascinating tale with an intricate setting and powerful characters, intertwining the deep emotional turmoil of guilt, hatred and searing passions in her latest erotic historical romance, CAPTIVE. I loved finding a historical romance that took place somewhere other than England's ballrooms. I've been craving a different setting and Ms. Phillips definitely satisfied that want, with her rich details of the Roman invasion of Britain.

I loved how Bren and Morwyn were able
booksofallkinds
Sep 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Morwyn is a Druid who is intent on vengeance for her people and those she has loved and lost at the hands of the Romans. Blinded by her anger and feelings of guilt, she is struggling with her faith and her Goddess. Hearing of a group that is planning a rebellion against the enemy, Morwyn travels with a small group. But when they are set upon by a group of soldiers, Morwyn expects to breathe her last breath. And then he appears and claims her for his own, and her life will never be the same again ...more
Christina
Won on Goodreads First Reads on March 08, 2011. Received March 17, 2011, can't wait to read it!

Thoroughly enjoyable read.

Set in AD 50, the story centers around an undercover Gaul warrior(Bren) spying on the Romans; and a Druid priestess (Morwyn) who has been taken captive by said Gaul in an attempt to keep her safe. They both fight an instant attraction to one another that will ultimately break down both their defenses. Morwyn took a vow of celibacy to spite her goddess, whom she lost faith in
Katie(babs)
This second release from Christina was okay, but I find it odd that the heroine goes on and on about not having sex because of her guilt over the death of a man and then as she is saved from being raped by the hero, she gets the itch and wants to do the Roman tango with him.

Much smutty, wet fun starts that's semi-purple prose like. The ending is somewhat abrupt and made me scatch my head.

I'm on the fence whether to give this 2 or 3 stars.
Michel Reinhard (Saucy Southern Readers)
I am not a big fan of historical romance....but this series is A++++
Author chose an era that is not always used in historical romance...her work is well researched...and book is sizzling hot! Loved it!
Lindsey
Feb 29, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
really fun romance novel. I read it in a morning at the beach, maybe even devoured it. Very fun read.
Christina
We need more romances like this one. Loved it!
Nicole
Feb 14, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One star automatically for the setting. Using ancient times (in this case, Roman occupied Britain) is an automatic selling point for me.
Deanna from Deanna's World
Nov 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
First off, I need to apologise to Ms Phillips because my reading did this book no justice at all. I started this book while I was "on vacation" which turned out to be two months of family emergencies and life happened. I started and stopped this book so many times, not because I didn't enjoy the book but because life got in the way of reading. Point in fact, I think it took me 1.5 months to read this one book. That's unheard of! Very sorry.

That said, I truly enjoyed this book. There's so much hi
geb
Vicki
Oct 05, 2013
Omm785
Feb 22, 2011
Alexa (Once Upon a Chapter)
Apr 27, 2011
Vivek
Mar 26, 2013
Cathleen Ross
Jan 12, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »

• Lust (The Sins and The Virtues, #1)
  • The Duke & the Pirate Queen
  • MacAdam's Lass (Scottish Lasses, #2)
  • The Vow
  • Poison Kissed (The Shadowfae Chronicles, #3)
  • Frostfire (Kyndred, #3)
  • Thief of Light  (The Four-Sided Pentacle, #2)
  • Kismet
  • Invitation to Ruin (Invitation To #1)
  • The Bitter Seed of Magic (Spellcrackers.com, # 3)
  • Death's Sweet Embrace (Dark Brethren #2)
  • Rampant
  • Ghostland (Ghostland World, #1)
  • Jeweled (Court of Edaeii, #1)
  • Badlands (Badlands #1)
  • Lord Lightning (Astrology, #1)
  • Home to Stay
  • Home is Where the Bark Is
Christina Phillips is an ex-pat Brit who now lives in sunny Western Australia with her high school sweetheart and their family. She enjoys writing paranormal, historical and contemporary romance but whether the hero is a fallen angel, tough warrior or sexy mortal, the romance will be sizzling and the heroine will bring her hero to his knees.

Christina is addicted to good coffee, expensive chocolat

The Druid Chronicles (4 books)
  • Forbidden (The Druid Chronicles, #1)
  • Enslaved (The Druid Chronicles, #3)
  • Tainted (The Druid Chronicles, #4)