Start by marking “The Memory of You” as Want to Read:
The Memory of You

The Memory of You

Thirteen years ago, Natalie lost a part of herself when her twin sister died. Will traveling back to the family winery finally put the memory to rest, or will it completely destroy her?

When Natalie Mitchell learns her beloved grandfather has had a heart attack, she’s forced to return to their family-owned winery in Sonoma, something she never intended to do. She’s avoided
Published March 28th 2017 by Thomas Nelson (first published 2017)

To ask other readers questions about The Memory of You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Memory of You

Start your review of The Memory of You
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
Natalie Mitchell works for her father at his big corporation and so does her ex-fiance. As you can imagine this doesn't make it easy for Natalie. She's having problems at work and on her way to another nervous breakdown.

Natalie's father decides to tell her to go out to her grandfather's vineyard. He's had a heart attack and the business is not doing good. Go out there, take a break and find a way to shut down the vineyard. Well, Natalie is a part owner in the vineyard and she doesn't want it to
Heidi Robbins (Heidi Reads...)
This is the first book I've read by Catherine West and I was pleasantly surprised! I somehow assumed that the book would fit more in the women's fiction genre, but there was a great romantic relationship that grew throughout the story as well as complex family dynamics. Natalie and Tanner are both hurting from painful experiences in their pasts that make it take time for them to rekindle their childhood friendship. I loved the depth of emotion in the author's writing and her lovely way of descri ...more
CL
Dec 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Natalie's twin has been gone for many years. She had struggled to get past the loss and tries to live a full life. When she catches her fiance in bed with another woman she has a downward spiral starting with panic attacks and feels as if she will have another breakdown which she has hidden from her parents. Her father sends her to her grandfather's vineyard where her sister died with the express orders to close the vineyard it is losing money and her grandfather is supposedly failing which is t ...more
Carrie Schmidt (Reading is My SuperPower)
Be prepared to sob at least once in this emotional novel. But also be prepared to smile, giggle and of course SWOON – as well as having your faith challenged and reaffirmed.

The Memory of You by Catherine West is powerful and compelling. It wrestles with issues like mental illness, PTSD, family conflict, the crippling effects of guilt and the spiraling damage of drug abuse. Yet at the same time, the heaviness of these topics is perfectly counterbalanced with the sweetness of reignited romance, we
Staci
May 20, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2017
I'm learning that Catherine West's trademark is a story of pain and healing. The Memory of You definitely fit that mold.

Natalie lost her twin in a tragic accident at the age of 13. Since then she has struggled with survivor's guilt in a number of ways.

Much of the story takes place on a vineyard in California and the author does a nice job of painting the scenery.

This was an emotional story and one part brought me to tears. A number of good themes, such as living life after the death of a close
Dale Harcombe
May 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Four and a half stars
Natalie Mitchell has managed for years to stay away from Sonoma. The place holds too many memories. It is where her twin sister, Nicole, died when she was thirteen. Since then, Natalie has been trying, not all that successfully to deal with the guilt rom that time. When she learns her grandfather has had a heart attack she reluctantly makes her way back to Sonoma. Natalie has inherited fifty percent of shares in the winery from her grandmother, but her father wants her to sh
Dorine
Rated 4.5 - THE MEMORY OF YOU by Catherine West seized my interest from the beginning with its vineyard setting, then riveted me with its emotional journey. An excellent character-driven story of broken faith transformed, THE MEMORY OF YOU is packed with thought-provoking issues. Listed as women’s fiction, this novel also excels in the inspirational romance category. Fans of sweet romance books, which are still a bit edgy with flawed characters, will enjoy this one immensely.

Catherine West is a
Madison
Nov 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Memory of You is a delightful story. The setting truly comes alive and creates the perfect backdrop for this story of hidden secrets, guilt, and finding peace by facing the past.

Natalie is haunted by memories of her time at her grandparents' vineyard. She hasn't returned since that tragic night thirteen years ago and has tried to bury her memories and the truth of how her twin sister Nicole died. But her nightmares have returned and her symptoms are spiralling out of her control. So when he
Beth Erin
Apr 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Full review on Faithfully Bookish http://wp.me/p7ngfE-Iz

Set in Sonoma County California's wine country, this story explores love, loss, and second chances in a broken world of perfectly flawed families. The Memory of You is a beautiful illustration of forgiveness, surrender, and restoration.

This is a great family drama and it doesn't shy away from complex issues like psychological trauma and illness, drug abuse, and questions of faith. The story has excellent secondary characters, an engaging pl
Brittany
Jul 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a beautifully written and completely captivating story! This contemporary romance novel simply dragged me into its pages and wouldn’t let go! I really loved the main characters, Natalie and Tanner. They had some history together as children and young teens. Both had also experienced traumatic events in their pasts which influenced the way they reacted to present situations.

The side stories and characters were extremely interesting, as was the heartbreaking look into the tragic accident that
Rachel
What a ride this book was! You're pulled into this well written story right away with the heartbreaking drama that both Natalie, Tanner and their families are going through. You feel their pain as each member struggles with different issues. But you also feel the hope and healing that starts to take place as they each learn to let go, to love again, to forgive, and to accept the help of family, friends, and a God that offers new life and the ultimate grace!

This book is heartbreaking and heartwar
Toni Shiloh
Jan 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I must say this might be my favorite Catherine West novel yet. The Memory of You hooks you from the first page, grips your heart, and that glow of a fantastic love story lingers afterward.

Natalie and Tanner's story is absolutely perfect. And it's not because their lives are perfect, far from it actually. Natalie lost her twin at thirteen years old. It shapes Natalie, creates a host of problems that have you reaching for tissues and watching your tears appear on the page.

Their pain -- though cre
Kav
Aug 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The kind of story that begs to be read aloud because it is so beautifully written. Exquisite both in prose and depth.

West explores the realistic lives of characters caught up in the midst of dysfunctional families. And yet it isn't hopeless. It's angst-riddled and heart-wrenching in places for sure, but there's a strength and power in Natalie and Tanner's ability to overcome. Their struggles mirror our own. They discover truths that we must all come to understand -- like life is messy and that's
Sam B
This was my first book by this author. I had heard a lot fo great things about her other books and this one didn't deceive.

Natalie lost her sister in a car accident 13 years ago. Now she goes back to the family winery, where the accident took place, because her father want to shut it down.
Tanner is dealing with his own problems and isn't really happy when Natalie arrives. Being the vintner, Tanner would lose his job if the winery was to close.

I won't lie. At some moments I just want to yell at
Abby Breuklander
Feb 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love love and love. Sometimes the longest and hardest road we'll ever walk in this life is learning how to forgive ourselves. But God's grace is always there to meet us right where we are.
Julia
Jan 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Memory Of You by Catherine West is a contemporary Christian romance and I loved it. I was absorbed into its pages from the start. The Memory Of You will make you cry. It will make you smile. And it will make you think - about your own loved ones and about a God who loves you more than you can imagine.
The Memory Of You is a study of grief. A grief so raw that every day hurts. "Would there ever come a day when it wouldn't hurt when she thought of her sister?" Grief, if not worked through can l
Alyssa
Mar 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
I have to say I was quite impressed with this novel. I was on the fence at first, but I thought why not? The Memory of You is the story of Natalie who lost her twin sister thirteen years ago and has to return to her family owned winery in Sonoma, California after her grandfather suffers a heart attack. Except after she returns her father wants her to shut down the struggling winery. And then there's Tanner, who is trying to salvage the business and help Natalie come back to life.

As I said earlie
Iola
Apr 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Natalie lost her twin sister in an accident when they were thirteen, and she’s been suffering the after-effects for the fifteen years since. Now she’s forced to return to the scene of the accident, her grandfather’s vineyard in California, where she reconnects with family and old friends.

And Natalie is disconnected. We see this early on—she's recently broken her engagement, she appears to have only one friend, and her relationship with her parents is distant, her relationship with her grandfath
Yvette
Jun 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Catherine West knows how to take a story that, if taken at a surface level is just another "poor little rich girl finds some gumption and romance," and goes so much deeper and makes it so much more. She gets me invested in characters and their circumstances and makes my heart ache for their brokenness.

Natalie Mitchell has decided to give herself a second chance. She no longer allows herself to take a passive or care-taking role based on past choices and the presumptions and expectations of over
Gail Hollingsworth
Feb 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is Catherine West's best one yet! I loved the family dynamics, the issues, the conflict, because these characters were real. They faced problems that anyone in real life might. Family secrets damaged relationships. Guilt and hurt plagued the main characters.
The grandfather owned a vineyard and winery. He had hoped his two sons would stay and help him run it but they went their own ways. Natalie, his granddaughter lost her twin sister in an accident when they were only thirteen. It happened
Hristina
I am not a fan of Christian fiction, but the summary intrigued me. This book has a very touching story - I have to admit it was my favorite part. I was looking forward to seeing how the author would represent Natalie's emotion (by the summary I expected lots of it, and complexity as well). I was happy to witness the beautiful manner it was written. I loved this read, I loved the poignant fashion in which Mrs. West touched on difficult subjects.
Recommended for fans of Christian fiction, and every
Victoria Bylin
Feb 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
This stories addresses trauma, mental illness, and unforgiveness against a backdrop of faith and personal courage. It's a solid read that features a struggling heroine, a flawed hero, and the beautiful California wine country. Recommended for readers who enjoy realistic contemporary romance and women's fiction.
Rebecca
Feb 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
"Nothing was different. But everything had changed."

Teetering on the edge of an emotional breakdown, public relations manager Natalie Mitchell takes a leave of absence from a successful position in her father's New York enterprise and travels across the country to her grandfather's California estate. Having learned of Hal Mitchell's recent heart attack, Natalie's father pressures her as the majority share holder in the Maolios winery, to use her bargaining power as a means to close down the fle
Dana Michael
Mar 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Catherine West did a phenomenal job in her latest novel, The Memory of You. This book is set in the wine country in California and involves complex characters who need healing, forgiveness, and redemption. They need a second chance. The characters are well developed and I was gripped into the story from the first page. I absolutely loved the heroine, Natalie. And felt her pain, as she was dealing with PTSD from an accident as a young girl. The hero, Tanner was a hard working uncle who had his ow ...more
Deborah Raney
Jul 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another great novel by Catherine West! I really enjoyed this one, especially the setting. West has a way of making her settings come to life. I thought I had this one figured out, but she surprised me in a good way and didn't tie things up too neatly to be believable.
Martha
Feb 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Do you ever read a book that leaves you a bit feeling "hung over" when you are done? You don't really want to pick up another book, because this one was just so good?
That is how this book was for me. The main character, as we dug into her past, her heart and her struggles, we see the breakdown of PTSD for laymen. We can see what it did to her, how it harmed her life, even years after the incident.
I felt like this made this book unique. It was not the setting, but the people that made this book
Just Commonly
Apr 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"The house now soothed and scared her. Bade her welcome like an old friend, but held a warning like a long forgotten journal, tattered pages filled with too much pain." (15)

What memories do you have that when taken hold, will do all sort of things in your heart and mind? The Memory of You by Catherine West does just that. Bringing a story of regrets past, it stirs up more than hurt in the characters' mind, but also the sweet memories. Maybe for the readers too.

Heartbreaking yet filled with grac
Rachel
Mar 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bookworm-mama
Set in the heart of California wine country, The Memory of You will pull on your heart and emotions. Facing the secrets of the past, Natalie and Tanner must overcome so much if they ever want to be free from the guilt and the pain that they have endured.

Natalie Mitchell has spent the last 13 years traumatized with guilt and PTSD. Tanner has to live with the consequences of decisions he has made. Both are vulnerable, both are guarded, they don't want to open up and let someone in. They have even
Karen
Feb 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved everything about this book. Simply wonderful. *I received a NetGalley copy of this book*
Karen R
Nov 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes the hardest person to forgive is our self.
A moving family drama set mainly in the beautiful California wine country of Sonoma. This compelling story has some genuinely struggling characters dealing with tough issues like PTSD, mental illness, bitterness, grief, and abandonment. As they seek answers to pertinent questions of faith, like how a loving God can allow bad things to happen, and come to grips with their past mistakes, their story moves on with a lot of hope and peace.

Some se
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Before I Called You Mine
  • Whose Waves These Are
  • The Crushing Depths (Coastal Guardians, #2)
  • Just Let Go (Harbor Pointe, #2)
  • Take a Chance on Me (A Misty River Romance #0.5)
  • The Memory House
  • Acceptable Risk (Danger Never Sleeps, #2)
  • A Lasting Impression (Belmont Mansion, #1)
  • The House at Saltwater Point (Lavender Tides #2)
  • The Saturday Night Supper Club (The Supper Club, #1)
  • The Kissing Game
  • Collateral Damage (Danger Never Sleeps, #1)
  • More Than We Remember
  • Starfish Pier (Hope Harbor #6)
  • The Heart Between Us: Two Sisters, One Heart Transplant, and a Bucket List
  • Tranquility Falls (Miramar Bay Book 4)
  • The Second Half
  • Just One Kiss (Harbor Pointe, #3)
Catherine West is an award-winning author of contemporary women’s fiction. When she’s not at the computer working on her next story, you can find her taking her Border Collie for long walks or reading books by her favorite authors. She and her husband reside in Bermuda, and have two adult children and two beautiful granddaughters. Catherine is the winner of the 2015 Grace Award (Bridge of Faith) a ...more

News & Interviews

“Who was she to ask anything of a God she barely knew? And why would He answer her prayers?” 1 likes