Start by marking “How to Forgive...When You Don't Feel Like It” as Want to Read:
How to Forgive...When You Don't Feel Like It

How to Forgive...When You Don't Feel Like It

When someone hurts us, our natural response is to strike back. Rather than let go, we cling to our rocks of resentment, our boulders of bitterness. The result? We struggle under the weight of unforgiveness.

Though we know God has called us to forgive others, we find ourselves asking: What if it hurts too much to forgive? What if the other person isn't sorry? How can I let s
Published September 1st 2007 by Harvest House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about How to Forgive...When You Don't Feel Like It, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Forgive...When You Don't Feel Like It

Start your review of How to Forgive...When You Don't Feel Like It
Marie French
Dec 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow, I have read a lot of books on forgiveness and related, and this one is probably one of the best. Such practical advice.

Oddly enough, I did NOT like the first chapter... it felt a little too "kitchy" to me... It seemed too much of the Bible-thumping, hands-waving-in-the-air, save-me-Jesus style that I find so fake and showy, but....

Fortunately, for whatever reason, I actually started the book part way through as I was perusing it to decide whether or not I should get it. What I read in the
Grayson Key
Nov 26, 2014 rated it did not like it
DNF: I stopped reading this book, after it was submitted by the author that a Christian cannot lose their salvation, citing Romans 8:1. I would not necessarily say that this book is all bad and completely useless, but I would not recommend it. Acts 8 gives us the example of a baptized believer (aka a Christian) who was told to repent. If salvation is no longer an issue for the Christian, why would one need to worry about sin or repentance? Why did Paul write to the Philippians to work out their ...more
Lu
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
How to Forgive..When You Don't Feel Like It

This book actually tells you what to do in order to heal including what Forgiveness means including many different stories about people who Didn't understand what Forgiveness actually means. Forgiveness is actually turning the problem over to GOD which takes the pain, the rocks which we carry around which burdens us, weighing us down so we end up just carry a load which gets heavier. June beautifully explains this in simple and clear language many diffe
Amanda Stark
Feb 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
A VERY challenging read - not because of the level of intellect required, but the emotional/spiritual reflection it causes. If you’ve ever been really hurt by someone, this book is a good way to start the wheels turning for your work toward forgiveness. Like some other readers I was a bit turned-off by the dismissive “churchy” approach that it starts out with. Examples seemed too easy - person passed away, no longer in life, etc. As I continued reading, though, the author went on to provide a wi ...more
Damos
Mar 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought this was very well written. I like the way the burlap bag full of rocks, stones & boulders was used as a link to harboured unforgiveness. In the end forgiveness is a gift for the one who forgives.

The book was full of real life, hard core examples of life & the application of forgiveness. The author speaks with authority based on her own deep experience with the topic on which she writes.

Forgiveness is a God thing. This book is the perfect tool to have in your kit to work toward & to ac
Stephanie
Jan 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
A simple, straightforward guide to addressing a very difficult concept.
Joan R. Craven
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a beautiful book.

If you have been struggling with forgiveness, get this book. It will change your heart, which will change your life!
Eman
Dec 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
This book is VERY practical and inspirational so I did not read this book and simply re-shelve it. If you have experienced true, deep pain of any kind this book can be your literal companion to help you walk through the process of obtaining the strength and desire to forgive. It will also help you KEEP YOUR FREEDOM. Hunt gives step-by-step instructions on the HOW to... and uses engaging narratives that encourage your heart. The back of the book outlines all of the scriptures she refers to throug ...more
Mikejencostanzo
Sep 21, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
I've never really thought much about the anatomy of forgiveness. How to Forgive When You Don't Feel Like It by June Hunt prompted me to think for the first time about questions like:

"Am I supposed to forgive when my offender is unwilling to admit they've hurt me?"

"What's the difference between forgiveness and reconciliation?"

"Is it okay to forgive from the mind, even if I don't feel it?"

"Are there behavioral steps that would be helpful to take if I don't want to forgive someone?"

Hunt's book is i
Bella Callaway
Jun 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved It!

This book is a pure gem that will benefit every soul who reads it!

There is no one who hasn't been affected by others in a negative way at some point in there life. Large or small in scale the offense, this book will help bring you to forgiveness.

I've only thought about those offenses and the people I need to forgive while I read this book. I haven't actually done the work of forgiving as I've just finished the book moments ago, yet my spirit feels lighter. I'm looking forward to forgiv
Sherri Moorer
Feb 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is a book you have to humble youself to admit that you need! But I'll take a bite out of my pride and admit that yes, in going through some tough life transitions I did find that forgiveness was an issue I needed to face if I wanted to find success in my future. This is a great book because it's practical, not preachy. June Hunt realizes the reality of the pain that people cause one another and addresses it frankly and honestly. She don't just recite scripture and tell you to do what's righ ...more
Tiffany Schaefer
Mar 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book gave me much to think about as I struggle to forgive others. I appreciated the statement from pg. 129 that reads, "Forgiveness is not enablement. Those two powerful issues need not become intertwined. You can extend grace while being completely truthful with yourself and your offender."
Shelia F Taylor
I enjoyed reading the book. It was insightful and thought provoking.

Although I understood why different stones and minerals were used to illustrate certain points, at times I felt it was distracting and at times I felt bogged down with all the info about them. Overall, A good read with helpful advice.
Oct 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Moving

I didn't think I could ever forgive my husband for telling me he wasn't happy and to leave. I am a lot closer after reading this book and hearing the truth about the positive outcomes forgiveness brings. perhaps soon I will be ready to set myself free of the weight I carry.
Marcia
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent

This is a book that thoroughly explains the benefits of forgiveness ,giving many examples of how it affects all concerned and others around them. The greatest benefit is to the person who decides to forgive no matter what.
Angela Wimberly
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Scripturally based guide to forgiveness

I was looking for a book on forgiveness that my book club could study, and I think I've found it! Excellent guide on forgiveness.
Mar
Feb 12, 2012 rated it liked it
I enjoyed the book more at the beginning than at the end. I enjoyed how she gave examples from her life or those who called in to her radio talk show, they helped make things concrete.
Abbie Kinkaid
Jan 22, 2017
Winona
Dec 28, 2014
Lacey Raye
rated it did not like it
Feb 19, 2019
Nov 27, 2017
Rosa Garcia
Jan 08, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• The Baby Sleep Solution: A Proven Program to Teach Your Baby to Sleep Twelve Hours a Night
  • Nice Girls Just Don't Get It: 99 Ways to Win the Respect You Deserve, the Success You've Earned, and the Life You Want
  • Lessons from Madame Chic: 20 Stylish Secrets I Learned While Living in Paris
  • Twisted Lies (Hidden Truth Book 2)
  • Generous Lies (Hidden Truths #3)
  • Innocent Lies (Hidden Truths #4)
  • Convenient Lies (Hidden Truth #1)
  • Twisted Wolf
  • Signs of Life (The Signs of Life #1)
  • Unafraid: Trusting God in an Unsafe World
  • Miracle at the Higher Grounds Cafe
  • Living Free
  • They Thought They Had More Time: I Saw the Day of the Lord
  • Murder Simply Brewed (Amish Village Mystery #1)
  • Forgiveness: Overcoming the Impossible
  • Pearl in the Sand
  • The God Dare: Will You Choose to Believe the Impossible?
  • Waiting for Morning (Forever Faithful, #1)
JUNE HUNT is founder of Hope for the Heart, a worldwide biblical counseling ministry, and hosts the award-winning radio program by the same name. Her numerous books include Seeing Yourself Through God’s Eyes, Healing the Hurting Heart, Bonding with Your Teen through Boundaries, and Hope for Your Heart.