Start by marking “Driven to Distraction (Lovestruck Librarians, #5)” as Want to Read:
Driven to Distraction (Lovestruck Librarians, #5)

Driven to Distraction

(Lovestruck Librarians #5)

IF THE BOOKMOBILE’S ROCKING . . .

Constance Chen is not the demure kind of librarian. Sure, her high-horsepower ride is Big Bertha the Bookmobile, but Con swears a blue streak, does her own home improvement, and wears steel-toed boots. She has a tight circle of friends, a demanding, beloved sprawl of a Chinese-American family, and a strict hookups-only policy when it comes
Published January 17th 2017 by Lyrical Shine

To ask other readers questions about Driven to Distraction, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Driven to Distraction

Start your review of Driven to Distraction (Lovestruck Librarians, #5)
Leigh Kramer
I loved this with my whole heart! It made me laugh (so clever, so many great puns), it made me swoon, and if Con wasn't so perfect for Sam, I would steal him from her like the shameless hussy I am.

Con is a hilarious heroine. She swears as much as I do, which made me love her all the more. And Sam is just so good to her! He did an incredible job of taking care of her, in part because he's a caretaker and she's a caregiver who has a hard time prioritizing herself. But also because he knew he could
Katie
Okay, so I had to read this because LIBRARY IT STAR. My own library left my purchase request linger too long, so I eventually bought it. (And then took forever to read it.)

So the library and IT element pretty much goes away after the first half, if not the first third, but when it's there, IT GETS IT RIGHT. When he told her to use offline circulation when the wifi was out, I swooned. YES, THAT IS WHAT TO DO.

I was a little miffed there were no woman in the IT department, but then it was addressed
Ivy Deluca
Jan 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
description
-Excellent writing. I’ve never read anything by Ms. Dade before, so I wasn’t sure what to expect from this book. Loved the idea of Constance Chen, who runs the library’s bookmobile like a well oiled machine, and Sam Wolcott, her friend Penny’s half-brother and general pain in her buttocks. Which simply masks their UST, but as you may have guessed, romance happens. Ms. Dade’s writing flowed really well, this ‘verse has characters, lead and supporting, that are diverse and well drawn. Loved that.

Jess
I liked this, but not as much as I wanted to given the premise. Love the concept, mostly liked the hero and heroine together, thought they should have actually talked to each other sooner because the end conflict was dumb. Like, I respect the heroine's choice to ensure she will never become pregnant, but that was NOT something she'd made clear and for her to assume that she had is stupid. Most people will not hear a woman of childbearing age say "I can't get pregnant" and assume sterilization. I ...more
DJ Sakata
My Rating:

4.5

Favorite Quotes:

Some might argue that women would overestimate penis length because men have lied to them about it for generations. But in my opinion, women have known the truth all along and simply humored their various lovers.

As I understand it, poutine comes from Canada… Are there a lot of Canadian pirates? Wouldn’t they spend all their voyages apologizing instead of looting?

You should lecture your girlfriend about her salty language… and I’ve decided that doctors need to study
Limecello
May 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
While there were parts of this that bothered me [of course] :P
I really liked that the characters were so developed and knew who they were.
Sometimes a bit TOO set - but then aren't we all?

Sam and Con are so perfect together. I even appreciated the conflict - the misunderstanding ... and how they worked/didn't through it. [No spoilers!]

I'm going to read Helen's book now :D
C+/B-
Tiffany Reads It All
I. Love. This. Book. So. Much.

Driven to Distraction is book #5 in Olivia Dade's Lovestruck Librarians series, which gets better and better with each book. This story features Constance Chen, Bookmobile manager and all-around badass, and her enemies-to-lovers relationship with Sam Wolcott, resident geek and sexy lumberjack-esque IT guru.

Throughout the series, Constance (aka Con) and Sam have typically been at each other's throats. They bicker constantly, but more in a sexually tense kind of way r
⚜️Trea
FTC DISCLAIMER: I RECEIVED AN E-ARC FROM THE PUBLISHER THROUGH NET GALLEY IN EXCHANGE FOR AN HONEST REVIEW. RECEIPT OF THIS BOOK IN THIS MANNER DOES NOT AFFECT MY OPINION OF THE BOOK OR THE CONTENT OF MY REVIEW!

I was kinda hoping that this book would be better than it was. Librarians make an interesting character for me, but I found myself rolling my eyes at a lot of what these characters went through.

Much of the conflict in this story stemmed from the fact that these two characters couldn't act
Deborah
Jan 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: amazon-done, jd-read
I have read this whole Lovestruck Librarians series and some books are hits and some are misses for me. Unfortunately this is a miss. I was really hoping to like it much more than I actually did.

Con, short from Constance, was a very hard and inflexible person. Compromise doesn't seem to be on her radar. She has a take no prisoners type vibe which I usually like in strong heroines, but she expected way too much from the hero-in my view.

Sam is a self-proclaimed geek, and does the IT stuff for the
Holley
Mar 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
So many good plot points for me. It is so nice to read a romance with a heroine who does not want children. As a woman who chose not to have children (I am a fabulous aunt, though), I get a little frustrated by romances where people need children to make their love story complete.
I also loved the heroine learning to let go and let her siblings stand on their own. I like when characters grow and learn from each other.
S.A. Crow
Jun 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Funny (surprisingly so), liked the characters and the setting, though a little cute for me. Liked the discussion about children and family, liked how she owned her sexuality and could talk about how some acts made her feel more vulnerable than others. Liked how they both had to shift and adjust, and how that was handled. Deeper than I was expecting.
Amanda
Dec 18, 2018 added it
It's kind of pathetic, but this is the most realistic depiction of librarianship I've ever seen in fiction.
Also, I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed that Niceville and Nice County appear to be a fictionalized version of Frederick and Frederick County, MD. The real give-away is when the bookmobile's wifi is disrupted when it drives into the vicinity of Camp David.
Christi Snow
Nov 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
My Review:
Con and Sam have been working together for a while. She's best friends with the sister he's just reconnected with. They have incredible chemistry, but Con doesn't do relationships, something that has meant more than a few broken hearts along the way. So they can't do anything about their attraction...so they fight...constantly. In their library their contentious relationship is infamous.

Enemies to lovers is a great trope. Con is a tough, take charge gal. The middle child in a group of
Becky
Jan 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, contemporary
This one had such a strong start--the bookmobile librarian and the geeky IT guy who have all kinds of sexual tension going on, both believing that they can't be together (he's the brother of one of her best friends and younger than her; she doesn't want/have time for a relationship) competing against each other for department of the year at the library...at the beginning, this was all kinds of fun. It was a bit frustrating that Con was so dead set against any kind of a relationship beyond the pu ...more
Koalathebear Koalathebear
There was so much to like and enjoy about this book and I wanted to like it so much more than I did - and almost did.

First of all, it's well-written with funny banter and engaging interactions between the two leads.
Secondly, it had some equally entertaining secondary characters.
Thirdly. (view spoiler)
Blanche
Jan 07, 2020 rated it liked it
Phoenix
Frida
Jun 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
She paused at the top of the stairs. "Shit. Do you remember which side he said our room was on? Because my mascara is annoying the fuck out of me, and I want it gone." Her eyes crossed as she appeared to glare at her own makeup. "I'm not used to seeing my lashes like this. It's like having spiders dangling over my eyeballs, threatening to strangle them at any moment."

Con is AMAZING (solid five stars). The hero and the romance and the group of librarian friends (!!) and the book in general is
Connie
Oct 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'm a little confused about the order of the books in this series, Goodreads says this is book 5, but amazon says its book 3. Anyway I enjoyed this book as well as the others in this series. This one had the heaviest subject matter in my opinion and I'm not sure I could believe the ending if it had been with real people I know. But this is a romance novel and some suspension of disbelief is necessary. Anyway, once again I really like the characters in this book. I feel like Dade's characters are ...more
Claire
May 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
I really like this, I like that they communicate and have a real dilemma/conflict that isn’t caused by stupidity or malice; it’s a genuine no bad guys set up and I really appreciate that. Also Sam is delightful. And the bit where Con goes to his hockey game was superb on so many levels. (*I* want to date Petra and/or her sister, ftr, I hope one of them gets a book later (and that there are lesbians))

(I always hope there are lesbians)

I am really not doing it justice in this review, it is overall
mindful.librarian ☀️
Oh MAN. Seriously, librarian romances are the best thing ever and this one upended all kinds of tired stereotypes and really set an example of how modern romances should be written. Olivia Dade is now a favorite author of mine and I'm excited to continue this series!

NOTE: I have only read this book in the Lovestruck Librarians series bc Amazon claims it is book 3 and doesn't carry, in any form, books 1 and 2. I see Goodreads states that it's book 5 so I'm all kinds of confused and will need to i
Fate's Lady
Jan 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
I loved the gender swapping in this story! Con is a woman who knows what she wants: a new hammer, for her bun to stay put, and booty calls with no strings attached. If only men didn't get so sentimental and attached all the time! Sam is just the opposite. He wants commitment, love, and a big family. They have great chemistry and I adored the way Con learned to be a little vulnerable without having to change who she was. This is mid series, but I'm new to the series and never felt lost.
Mahaley Beaty
Jan 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Taz
Jul 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
A cute look into the life of librarians and all that goes into making it work. Dade goes back and gives a brief highlight of how other couples came together as we see Con and Sam become a couple. I love theory of a big bus full of books make calls to help out the people in their community. I liked that Sam and Con were in there 30s and knew what they wanted in life. Con was hilarious with her mouth and the things that came out of it. Sam was a dream boyfriend to have.
D
Jan 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Very fun frenemies-to-lovers romance with a library services background and a solid sense of (exurban Maryland) setting. The dialgue really made this work for me, both the falling-into-like banter and the interactions between the large and colorful cast. I'm disappointed the earlier volumes on the series are currently OoP and commanding crazee prices on the secondary market.
Margaret Smith
Nov 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Interesting

I generally liked the book.

- !Spoiler Alert! -
I know couples have to come to an agreement about k ids, and they don't always start out with the same expectations, but I felt like it was a little too easy for Sam to come around. As well, the idea that baby sitting for a whole weekend as your first foray into any type of contact with kids just doesn't make sense.
Tami
Nov 14, 2016 rated it liked it
This review is based on the ARC received from the author and/or the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest opinion.

The pace of this book was consistent throughout. She wanted to play the field, he wanted a commitment. He wanted kids, she got herself sterilized and even refused to adopt. In spite of THOSE irreconcilable differences they still got together.
Karen
Nov 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Lagged in a few spots but this was a pretty cute/fun romance.
The author is new to me but I'd love to go back and read the earlier books in the series. Lots of diversity, no filter, potty mouth librarians, sweet guys and lots of laughs.
May
Apr 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: nerd, asian-romance, 2018
Not without issues but I'm very happy that the author manages to get so many library tech (and other librarianship) right so that reading a book about librarians doesn't make me cringe. I also like an Asian MC who isn't sterotypical since I don't need to read that either.
Sara
I was thrilled to read about an interracial couple with a Chinese American lead who was not the stereotypical prim China doll, though as a manager I would be horrified to have to deal with a lot of these employees. But I was NOT aware this was erotica before I started it!

• Playing House (Uptown, #1)
  • Headliners (London Celebrities, #5)
  • Love Lettering
  • Tikka Chance on Me
  • American Dreamer (Dreamers #1)
  • Xeni (Loose Ends #2)
  • That Kind of Guy (Ravenswood, #3)
  • Beginner's Luck (Chance of a Lifetime, #1)
  • Grumpy Jake
  • My Fake Rake (Union of the Rakes, #1)
  • A Prince on Paper (Reluctant Royals, #3)
  • White Whiskey Bargain
  • Mangos and Mistletoe
  • Rafe: A Buff Male Nanny (Loose Ends #1)
  • Kiss Me Tonight (Kiss Me, #2)
  • A Girl Like Her (Ravenswood, #1)
  • Sheer Mischief
  • Grand Theft N.Y.E. (Heist Holidays, #1)
While I was growing up, my mother kept a stack of books hidden in her closet. She told me I couldn't read them. So, naturally, whenever she left me alone for any length of time, I took them out and flipped through them. Those books raised quite a few questions in my prepubescent brain. Namely: 1) Why were there so many pirates? 2) Where did all the throbbing come from? 3) What was a "manhood"? 4) ...more

Lovestruck Librarians (6 books)
  • Broken Resolutions (Lovestruck Librarians, #1)
  • My Reckless Valentine (Lovestruck Librarians, #2)
  • Mayday (Lovestruck Librarians, #3)
  • Ready to Fall (Lovestruck Librarians, #4)
  • Hidden Hearts (Lovestruck Librarians #6)