Start by marking “Resolution: Huck Finn's Greatest Adventure” as Want to Read:
Resolution: Huck Finn's Greatest Adventure

Read Book* *Different edition

Resolution: Huck Finn's Greatest Adventure

It is 1896 in the Yukon Territory, Canada. The largest gold strike in the annals of human history has just been made; however, word of the discovery will not reach the outside world for another year.By happenstance, a fifty-nine-year-old Huck Finn and his lady friend, Molly Lee, are on hand, but they are not interested in gold. They have come to that neck of the woods seek ...more
Published April 7th 2016 by Andrew Joyce

To ask other readers questions about Resolution, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Resolution

Start your review of Resolution: Huck Finn's Greatest Adventure
Laurie
Jun 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Quite frankly, the blurb really intrigued me because I love stories set in Canada and Alaska, I love historical fiction set in the 1800's, and I love stories about dog sledding. I was also interested in the idea that the author took a fictional character that most of us are familiar with and gave him a life and adventures beyond the original scope Mark Twain could have ever envisioned. Another reason this book initially appealed to me is because the characters are well into middle age when they ...more
Barb Taub
May 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
As a young country, America compressed what would be centuries of development in the countries of her founders’ European roots into a period of one lifetime. Andrew Joyce captures this as he continues to ‘document’ the life of Mark Twain’s iconic Huck Finn. Like most Americans, I’d followed young Huck and his friend Tom Sawyer in a bucolic antebellum South, and then as the young teen faced ingrained racism, criminal greed, and coming of age on the Mississippi River.

That’s where Andrew Joyce step
Colleen M. Chesebro
Oct 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: adventure
I first met, Molly Lee McMasters in Andrew Joyce's book entitled Molly Lee, the second volume in his Tom Sawyer-Huckleberry Finn adventure series. I fell in love with her character and style.

I was excited when Resolution came out and as usual, the author did not disappoint! Molly and Huck are so believable, I expected them to walk off the pages and shake my hand.

Resolution is the third book in the series and in my humble opinion, my favorite. Do you remember reading Call of the Wild, by Jack Lo
N.N. Light
This book is a very good read and nicely stands alone by itself. One really doesn’t notice that it is the third book of a series. As an avid reader who enjoyed Tom Sawyer waaaaay back in the day, it took me a couple of head shakes to be able to accept Huck and Tom as the late middle-aged lawmen come adventurers but this book really made it believable.

I loved how the author portrayed western action – gun fights etc. – that was pure brilliance. This author could write Zane Grey like westerns and
Jo Robinson
Apr 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I never realised that Resolution was part of a series until after I finished reading it. It’s a perfect standalone novel, although now I do want to read the first two as well. Andrew Joyce writes a story that is pretty much impossible to put down once you get started.

Resolution’s heroes are none other than Huck Finn and Tom Sawyer, in fabulous incarnations that I can believe would be heartily approved of by Mark Twain himself. Tom doesn’t have a major part on this book, but the fabulous Molly –
Pamela Beckford
Apr 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Huck Finn and Molly Lee depart on an adventure in the Yukon. I was captivated by every twist and turn and couldn't read fast enough to find out what was going to happen next. This is the third book about Huck Finn, Tom Sawyer and Molly Lee. They can certainly be read independently of each other, but I always think you should start at the beginning. Huck and Molly make new friends, dog sled, brave the frigid temperatures and race against the elements. I highly recommend all of these books, but t ...more
Stephanie - Books Less Travelled
**I received a complementary copy in exchange for an honest review**

I'm so excited I got to take part in this blog tour! I was given a complementary copy in exchange for an honest review. I choose to take part in this blog tour, because I have always loved Huck Finn and stories about Alaska and sled dogs. Put them together, and I couldn't pass it up! I love how it's written, reminding me of classics, namely those by Mark Twain (Samuel Clemens). It just felt right, and was also detailed, flavored
Bob
Apr 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
3 out of 3, and this one may be the best of the lot. Great adventures, especially once they get to Alaska. It's been fun following what might have happened to the adult Huck, Tom and Molly.
One question for Andrew Joyce: did you have any thoughts about what might have become of Sid Sawyer? I thought Tom relaying the contents of a letter or some such to Huck might have resolved things for an admittedly minor character. Minor quibble, that. A fine series!
Linda Bethea
Aug 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. I am a die-hard Mark Twain fan, so was a little concerned I'd be hard to please. This book was wonderful. I loved the setting, characters and story. Mr. Joyce did not disappoint. I felt the camaraderie between the characters and the action kept my interest. Read this book!
Emily
Apr 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Andrew Joyce is one of my favorite authors and his newest release did nothing to change that. RESOLUTION is a great story; it is well researched and written in an authentic voice. Kept me engaged from beginning to end. I highly recommend this book!
Tina
Mar 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviews
I am a big fan of Andrew Joyce’s work, and I’m here to tell you that he’s done it again! Like the author’s first two books – Redemption and Molly Lee – RESOLUTION: Huck Finn’s Greatest Adventure is packed with excitement, humor, adversarial encounters, treacherous experiences, and yes, exhilarating adventure.

Set in the late eighteen hundreds against the backdrop of the Yukon Territory gold strike, Huck Finn asks Molly Lee to go with him to Alaska.

“I’m not quite sure what will be waiting for us w
Kasey Cocoa
This is the third in the series although it could stand on its own. For me, it was an improvement from the previous two books. The reading is easy enough with no complicated phrases or thesaurus replaced words. There are a few grammatical issues that stood out to me but likely wouldn't bother most readers. I feel there were too many obstacles for the pair, many of which seemed to be a stretch in terms of survivability. The western feel was nice and felt authentic, as was the era. Overall, this i ...more
Jessica Bronder
Jan 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
We start this story with Huck Finn and Molly Lee visiting their friend Tom Sawyer. There is a murder and chase and Tom deputizes Huck and asks for his help hunting down the killer and getting the real story of what happened. This little adventure has rouses Huck’s nature and he asks Molly to follow him to Alaska. Together Huck and Molly find lots of adventure with a gold rush, gunfights, dog sleds, murderers, and so much more.

This story is filled with lots of action and adventure as you follow
emily
Resolution: Huck Finn's Greatest Adventure is awesome! I was honestly shocked how I was pulled into Huck and Molly's story. Usually, historical fiction books don't do that to me. This book was filled with intensity, giggles, and action. I also was surprised to find that this book is apart of a series when I looked at it on Goodreads. It's a perfect stand-alone book, sometimes stand-alone books can leave you hanging, but this one sure didn't!

Huck Finn's character is pretty rad. I mean this guy r
Reeca Elliott
Huck, and yes I mean the real Huck Finn, and Molly are on their greatest adventure yet. I love how the author has taken two famous fictional characters, Huck Finn and Tom Sawyer, and created a tale around their middle aged selves. Huck Finn met Molly years ago and by happenstance meet up again and never part ways.

I was intrigued from the very start just by the characters alone then the story takes the reader on an adventure like none other. I felt every wind chill and every fear, including the
Sage Adderley-Knox
Aug 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
If history textbooks were as well-written and interesting as Joyce's novel, I would probably have paid more attention in school. One of the things that stood out to me the most was the dialogue. It's so important. It can make or break a story, and I am happy to say that the dialogue in Resolution made the book. I could visualize the environment, the time period, and each of the characters. I loved Huck and Molly. Their banter and love are great. There is a ton of action in this novel. I think fa ...more
Janice Spina
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Resolution is book 2 of Redemption, the continuing saga of the tales of Huck Finn and friends. This book covers the later life of Huck and his woman Molly when they are in their late fifties. This can be a stand alone book or read after Redemption which is what I did.

Andrew Joyce has taken a childhood classic and brought it to a whole new chapter for readers. As a child I always wondered what Huck and Tom would do as they got older. This series has gone above and beyond my wildest expectations.
Khosek
Mom8beigels
Oct 31, 2016
Elaine
Jan 02, 2017

• Walk the Wire (Amos Decker #6)
  • Charlotte
  • Eliza Waite
  • Mudbound
  • The Orchardist
  • Mary Dannie
  • Cora Jean
  • Maggie: A Journey of Love, Loss and Survival
  • Journal of Wong Ming-Chung: A Chinese Miner, California, 1852 (My Name is America)
  • Bad Blood
  • SORROW - The Sighted Sister (The Revenge Series)
  • Revenge
  • Dugan Holler (The Revenge Series Book 4)
  • A Bend In The Road
  • The Last Train to Key West
  • Finding Her Dream
  • Growing Up Alone
  • ODEN'S END: Ninety-Sixth in a Series of Jess Williams Westerns (A Jess Williams Western Book 96)
Andrew Joyce left home at seventeen to hitchhike throughout the US, Canada, and Mexico. He wouldn't return from his journey until years later when he decided to become a writer. Joyce has written seven books. His first novel, Redemption: The Further Adventures of Huck Finn and Tom Sawyer, was awarded the Editors' Choice Award for Best Western of 2013. A subsequent novel, Yellow Hair, received the ...more