Start by marking “Requiem: By the Photographers Who Died in Vietnam and Indochina” as Want to Read:
Requiem: By the Photographers Who Died in Vietnam and Indochina

Requiem: By the Photographers Who Died in Vietnam and Indochina

4.79  ·  Rating details ·  92 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Between the height of the French Indochina War in the fifties and the fall of Phnom Penh and Saigon in 1975, 135 photographers from all sides of the conflict are recorded as missing or having been killed. This book is a memorial to those men and women, and in many cases it includes the last photographs they took.

Horst Faas and Tim Page, two photographers who worked and

Hardcover, First Edition (U.S.), 336 pages
Published October 7th 1997 by Random House, Inc. (first published October 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Requiem, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Requiem

Laurel
Jan 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Gotta love books that make you go looking for more information. Thank you Tatjana Soli for your afterward in "The Lotus Eaters". I spent a couple of hours at the U of U library (the only place I could find it without buying it) reading through Requiem and looking at the photos. Henri Huet, Dickey Chapelle, and Larry Burrows stand out, but many others were very interesting to read about. I think Soli relied heavily on this book. I am haunted by Dickey Chapelle's story and her dying photograph. Wh ...more
Megan
Oct 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
Wow. I think I'd like to add this book to my personal collection. This is a powerful and sad, but fitting tribute, to those photographers who died or went missing during the Vietnam conflict. The accompanying text includes short essays and excerpts from newswires, magazines, and transcripts and puts the photographs in context. Even without the text, it would be hard not to moved by some of these images.
Schwa51
Apr 25, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This was an especially poignant book as the photographs were taken by photographers who were killed in the conflict. It is amazing after reading the stories of the war to see these images. The pictures of the soldiers especially helps you visualize each individual and it sure helped me understand the sacrifice of these men.
Scott Lapierre
Apr 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Stunning.
E G
Dec 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Sobering. Interesting to read this after seeing some of the photos used in an exhibit of the War Remnants Museum.
Jerry Werzinsky
Oct 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great photos; I was shocked by how many photographer died during these wars, on both sides.
Janet