Start by marking “Deadpool: World's Greatest, Volume 3: Deadpool vs. Sabretooth” as Want to Read:
Deadpool: World's Greatest, Volume 3: Deadpool vs. Sabretooth

Deadpool: World's Greatest, Volume 3: Deadpool vs. Sabretooth

(Deadpool: World's Greatest (Collected Editions) #3)

Deadpool vs. Sabretooth! But when two unkillable killers go to war, how do you know when it's all over? These two Weapon X alumni are on a collision course, because Deadpool thinks that Sabretooth killed his parents. The really messy part is that Wade did the dirty deed himself, and has no idea! Hidden secrets, healing factors and horrific violence all collide as Deadpool' ...more
Paperback, Trade, 112 pages
Published September 6th 2016 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about Deadpool, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deadpool

Jeff
Nov 10, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: comix
There are at least 50 shades of Deadpool…

Like Deadpool, I’m partial to Bea Arthur, although I wouldn’t say no to Betty White.

Am I right fellas?

So, 50 shades…

Each writer tries to bring a unique touch to his/her approach to Deadpool:

10% more humor

15% less blood and gore

35% more penis jokes with 12% less fart jokes

17% more fourth wall breaking

25% more lovable + 12% more DAWWW moments

67 % more Les Miserable references (this one never made it past the editor)

100 % less Rob Liefeld

33 % less funny (
Paul E. Morph
Nov 30, 2016 rated it liked it
This book was just OK. There were no real laugh out loud moments, probably due to it being a Deadpool-Angst chapter about his dead parents. I've discovered I don't care about Deadpool's dead parents. Sabretooth has never been a favourite of mine, either, so his guest appearance didn't win this book any points from me.

It didn't help having another crappy 'Deadpool 2099' slapped on the end, either.

Still, it wasn't entirely terrible. Just not prime 'Pool.
Chris Lemmerman
Aug 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Now that's more like it. No gimmick issues, just the fine line between humour and serious emotional damage that Deadpool does so well.

After putting it off for a long time, Deadpool finally goes after the person who killed his family - Sabretooth. Apart from the fact Sabretooth didn't kill Deadpool's family, but details.

What could have been a four issue murder-fest is instead a very introspective look at Creed and Wade, exploring Sabretooth's inversion more than any other book so far as well as t
Josh
Mar 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Finally! I was hoping this series would pick up, and it seems like it might finally be on the right track.

This volume is not amazing, but it has some funny moments, some emotional depth, and a viable plot for the first time in this run of Deadpool. The 2099 storyline also continues to be somewhat interesting - so plus one star just for finally giving me some of what I've been waiting for from this run.

If the series continues on this track, then hope remains.
Geonessary
May 22, 2017 rated it liked it
This was so much better than 1 and 2! They toned down the Mercs for Money involvement and had just a good 'ol Deadpool story. I laughed a good amount. I enjoyed the story. Even the 2099 part was better than last issue... a little better... would of been 4 stars with out the 2099 issue. Finally feels like we have a Deadpool book back, hopefully it lasts.
Dan
Jun 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
In the last volume Deadpool discovered, wrongly, that Sabretooth killed his parents. Of course we as readers know that Deadpool actually killed his own parents. So in this volume Deadpool heads to find and kill Sabretooth to get his revenge.

There was loads to like here. It's a lot of fun to have two great characters like Deadpool and Sabretooth fight it out, especially given how different the two characters are since they last had anything to do with each other. There's a great tension in the s
Ronald
Nov 19, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics, marvel-comics
I grabbed this collection thinking it was a collected limit series which tend to be rather entertain. Sadly the regular Deadpool comic is not what it once was. I know that is not totally the writer's fault but Marvel management putting Deadpool in every comic and somehow a main Avenger. I mean how is that interesting. I could see Deadpool being an Avenger but not the guy in charge and the guy funding the group. Not just that but now that Deadpool is mainstream his book is kind of tame. I don't n ...more
Dec 09, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this volume more than the previous one, even if these still aren't my personal favorite story arcs with Deadpool. I got a few chuckles and the action between him and Sabertooth was, while a little too violent for my taste, still pretty solid. (I mean, it's Deadpool, so I do know what I'm getting into when I pick up his comics.) I also liked the more serious moments, namely Deadpool actually trying to be good. That was my favorite element in the Deadpool/Spider-Man crossovers, and it's ...more
tony dillard jr
Mar 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Acting impulsively (as always) upon some clues as to who killed his parents (IT WAS DEADPOOL!), Deadpool tracks down Sabretooth (who was there, but didn't kill Deadpool's parents) (( I told you Deadpool who killed his parents. Weren't you reading what I wrote?)) Regardless of who killed who ((( Deadpool killed his own parents- GEEZ!!!))), it's an epic battle between two anti-heroes with regenerative abilities and are impossible to be killed.
Then it's another journey into the future with Deadpo
Erikka
Dec 08, 2016 rated it liked it
Meh. I'm not a huge Sabretooth fan, but I guess his story progressed the plot. I actually haven't been a huge fan of this whole arc so far--kinda dull. I think he needs a bit less merc and a bit more mouth. I miss the sass. And I called the end of the 2099 story first thing. The main feature was a pretty big spoiler.
Daniel Butcher
Jul 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: marvel
Canada and deep pain!
Dimitris
Nov 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Here's where Deadpool starts to pick up the pace and gets interesting and all. Nice story, great artwork! Fun times!
Joe
Aug 17, 2019 rated it liked it
not all bad
Júlia
Jun 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
i'm really enjoying this run so far! big fan
Drizztl
Sep 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics-2018
7/10
Sabretooth story was quite good, the Deadpool 2099 I do not like that much.
Adam Weiler
Dec 31, 2017 rated it liked it
It was kindof interesting, watching 2 unkillable characters face off against eachother.
Edouard Stenger
Sep 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Another Deadpool story. Fun but ot as hilarious as the best ones. A quick fun read for an evening.
Heaven Ashlee
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OK I've had a big ol' crush on Sabretooth since Liev Schrieber in Origins and this satisfied me so much.
Matthew Ledrew
Mar 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: marvel
5/5 for the main story, 1/5 for the ongoing 2099 story, I have no idea what's going on with that one.
Ada
Mar 05, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: comic, superheroes
Soooo confused...

And I'm not really sure why this would get two stars from me but it does.
Philippe Robichaud
Back to another great instalment in the "World's Greatest" series, Deadpool's multi-page brawl with Sabertooth is a lot of funny puns and dialogue mixed in with poignant realizations. Duggan knows how to temper Deadpool's idiocy with his dark past.

I'm also really happy with the second part of the Deadpool 2099 series. Hoping this will be a recurring storyline.
M
Feb 12, 2017 rated it it was ok
Gerry Duggan and a team of artists combine to pit Merc with a Mouth Deadpool against the savage Sabretooth in this Marvel Now volume. With his memories a jumble, Wade Wilson is trying to piece together parts of his history. One of those convoluted memories is of Sabretooth killing Wade's family - except that Deadpool himself did the heinous deed. Setting out to right the perceived wrong, Deadpool tracks down his former Weapon X ally for revenge. Reformed killer Sabretooth decides not to tell Wad ...more
Adam Fisher
Feb 06, 2017 rated it it was ok
2.5 Stars.
The violence of their fight and the attempted emotion of Sabretooth is what gives it the extra half star here. It wasn't the worst comic I've ever read, but it definitely doesn't feel like Deadpool. Most of the story is trying to get Deadpool to admit to killing his own father, but why they are doing that is not clear. Seems like a page filling nothing story.
I'll continue on, but need something to get better soon.
pianogal
Oct 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Now this is what I'm talking about. Much better with Deadpool. Not sure I'm into the Deadpool 2099, but I am curious to see where it's going. I like his daughter and I like Preston.

Very interesting...
J.
Nov 12, 2016 rated it liked it
A perfectly serviceable but not exceptional Deadpool story. Leans particularly heavy on the pathos but the sight gags and puns come through as well. Ultimately it feels like an integral part of a larger story whose value may not be realized until they wrap up the larger narrative in play.
Mike McDevitt
Jan 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Action? You bet. Hilarity? Nope.
Mary ~*Sweary McCoffeehound*~
It was ok... but I seriously had no idea what was going on. I think I missed something along the way.
torin_kylara
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: marvel-comic
So awesome. (Aside from the Deadpool 2099 story, which they wisely broke up because who wants to read four issues of that all together? Ich.) Deadpool finally learns the truth! And Sabretooth plays a poor man's Wolverine! What's not to love?
Chad
Apr 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Deadpool thinks Sabretooth killed his parents and goes after him. In reality, Deadpool did it while brainwashed. Sabretooth goes ahead and says he did it so Wade won't have to deal with it. Duggan does such a great job of writing this character. He's the only writer that's figured out Deadpool should be more than just Bugs Bunny with a regenerating factor. Wade Wilson can still be funny and actually have some depth to the character.

The Mike Allred covers are fantastic. There's also another Dead
Jeff
Mar 29, 2017 rated it liked it
A bit more what I want to see with Deadpool, but this is minus his sense of humor and therefore was still disappointing. But the excellent characterization of Sabretooth was a nice surprise while reading so I'm more than willing to give this one a higher rating.

• Deadpool: Too Soon?
  • Deadpool vs. The Punisher
  • Amazing Spider-Man: Worldwide, Vol. 3
  • Spider-Man/Deadpool, Vol. 3: Itsy-Bitsy
  • Deadpool's Art of War
  • Deadpool V Gambit: The "V" is for "Vs."
  • Spider-Man/Deadpool, Vol. 2: Side Pieces
  • Deadpool Classic, Vol. 7
  • Deadpool vs. Thanos

Deadpool: World's Greatest (Collected Editions) (10 books)
  • Deadpool: World's Greatest, Volume 1: Millionaire with a Mouth