Start by marking “Collide” as Want to Read:
Collide

Collide

When the balance between Earth, Afterlife, and Heaven are threatened, the fate of the universe falls on a selfish girl who must sacrifice everything to save it.

Kayla has a plan. She’s moving to the city after graduation and Luke’s coming with her. He’ll eventually become a doctor, she’ll be a ballerina—and they’ll live happily ever after. That is, until dark forces, led b
Published March 18th 2016 by Evernight Teen

To ask other readers questions about Collide, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Collide

Start your review of Collide
Melissa
Mar 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! I really hope it's the start of a series.
Sharon Hughson
Mar 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I actually finished this book a few days ago but I'm conflicted about how to write my review. I vacillated between offering four or five stars because this book breaks some of my rules for "what I like" in a book. In the end, I decided to give it 4.5 out of five stars.
In the first chapter, I realized this book involved a teen pregnancy. Ugh. It's not an issue I usually want to read about for many reasons, but mostly, you know I don't do contemporary if there's too much drama. I thought this book
Kristine (A Cozy Booknook)
Wow! This book has left me a little speechless. This is such a creative, engaging, and intriguing book. The characters are complex, with real issues and concerns adding to their believability and likeabilty. I hesitate to say much about the book for fear of giving anything away. I will say, the author kept me guessing with where she took the story, I was on the edge of my seat in anticipation. I look forward to reading more work by this author.

I received a copy of this book from the author, my
Deidre Huesmann
Nov 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
**5 stars**

I'm trying to find the words for how I feel about this novel. A while ago, I made a short video about how the YA genre needed change, needed variety. Strong heroines who weren't complete bitches, more complex characters, etc.

Collide exceeded my expectations in every possible way. THIS is exactly the type of novel I've been craving to read for YEARS.

Let me explain, while spoiling as little as possible:

High school senior Kayla finds out she's pregnant by her boyfriend, Luke. As if that
LynetteMountainCloud
Aug 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: giveaways
I won this for my husband from GoodReads giveaway here is his review:

Collide by Melissa Crispin

Started 8-19 page 133

The story starts in a small town in New Hampshire and Melissa writes as if she lived there at one time.
The main characters are teens that all go to the same high school there is Kayla, she has a couple issues. One issue is she is well pregnant and does not know how to tell her boyfriend Luke or mother, another issue is she finds herself falling in love a with second boy Alec. Al
Michelle Dare
Sep 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Kayla didn't know there was anything special about her. She has a boyfriend that she loves and is on track to be a professional ballerina. Then she literally bumps into Alec at school. Memories start coming back to her. Memories that change everything.

Luke is her boyfriend. Alec is the guy she has a past with. The lives of every person on the planet are in jeopardy. Something is coming and she's going to need both guys on her side if she has any chance of surviving. She must learn how to use her
Sep 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
*I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review*

Collide by Melissa J Crispin is an enjoyable YA read. Kayla dreamt of him every night. He seemed so real but he was only in her dreams. She was just your average teen. School, dance, and a boyfriend named Luke. Until something happens that changes the course of her life.

Alec thought he was crazy. His dream girl couldn’t be real. He thought he was crazy until his family moves and then sees her…..he has so much to tell her but she d
JP Reviews
Oct 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book follows the journey of Kayla and Alec as they try to learn how to posses and use their powers to defend earth and the afterlife. It has a couple other characters in it, but the book is split between their POV.

I have to say that I found the relationship between Kayla and Alec quite jarring at first. I mean, it jumps right into it in the first chapter. But, after a few chapters and the introduction of Luke as a bigger part, it all flowed together pretty nicely. And the love triangle did
Malou
Sep 21, 2016 rated it did not like it
SPOILERS AHEAD:

Without any foreplay, 13% in to the book she is pregnant with her high school boyfriend. There is this other guy from school with "intense sapphire eyes", that invades her dreams and takes her to the place between heaven and earth to see her deceased dad. He is the court leader and lives in a castle and now he is teaching her to use her inner magic, so she can fight the danger she is in because tainted souls don't like peps her dad loves on earth.. Puh..

Oh yeah, there is a magic h
Bridie Blake
Apr 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a book!! And what an ending!! I'm normally pretty good at predicting where a story is going but that blew me away. I couldn't put it down for the last 30% of the book and now devastated it's finished:(
While there is a love triangle it isn't one that has you screaming at Kayla to just pick already! It's written well and leaves the reader feeling for all of them. I was Team Luke by the way:) and probably in the minority there:)
If you're looking for a YA that will keep you hooked, you need to
Kristi Housman Confessions of a YA Reader
I received a copy of this book from netgalley for review.

I'm not a big fan of the "girl in love with two boys" books anymore, but this one was really hard to put down. I loved the characters and story. Seriously hoping there will be another one soon. I need to know what happens.
Prudence Weaver
Feb 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
It was a quick read and the book read smoothly. I found myself wanting to get to nighttime so I could sit down and open the book to find out more of what was happening. The love triangle was interesting and added a lot to the book. The ending certainly leaves it open for another book.....
InD'tale Magazine
3.5/5.0

Ms. Crispin takes the reader on a youthful journey of love, heartache and family.

Read full review in the 2016 November issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Karla
Sep 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
If you like YA with paranormal / love triangles this book is for you. The story line is good, characters are likeable. A little slow in places but overall worth the read.
Corey Henio
Jun 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Well, I'm not the kind of person for love triangles, however the concept of the afterlife what made this book intriguing. How it ended....oh my god
Jdcj
Jul 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was a page turner for me. There was so much going on; love triangle, after life, magical powers and then of course the unexpected ending!
Sharon
Feb 01, 2017 rated it liked it
Evernight Teen and NetGalley provided me with an electronic copy of Collide. This is my honest opinion of the book.

One reckless night was all that it took for Kayla to become pregnant. A high school student and dancer with a bright future ahead, Kayla does not want the pregnancy to derail either her life or that of her boyfriend Luke. When strange things start to happen, including memory flashes with Alec that Kayla does not recall, the dream world suddenly becomes very real to her. When Kayla d
Ashley Martinez (ilovebooksandstuffblog)
Collide is a dark ya fantasy story that introduces a world between world, the Afterlife a place where souls go to when they die.
I really enjoyed the story. It was easy to get into and relate to.
The characters were strong and their struggles felt like they were my own.
The story flowed well and I can't wait to read more from this series. I definitely want to know what happens next.
I voluntarily reviewed an arc from the author.
CrazyCat (Alex)
Nov 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I'm not really a fan of love triangle stories, because I always pick the wrong guy. This story starts with a teenage girl being pregnant with her boyfriends baby. And just a few chapters into the book it's a full blown triangle drama. And I don't know who to pick. I like Luke. He's trying so hard to do the right thing, wanting to share the responsibility. I also like Alec. He loves her and wants to protect her. I think, I don't wanna take sides this time. See how it plays out. A few chapters pas ...more
Sheryl Winters
Becky Richardson
Mar 23, 2016
Shanah Backman
Mar 23, 2016
Melissa J. Crispin lives in Connecticut with her husband, two kids, and an adorable Siberian Husky. She spends her days in the corporate world, and pursues her passion for writing in the late nights and early mornings.

From micro-fiction to novels, Melissa loves to write stories in varying lengths. But, no matter the story, it's almost always about the romance.