Start by marking “One” as Want to Read:
One

One

Lake Jones is a cover girl for cutting-edge prosthetic legs, a binge-watcher of Netflix, known to spy on her neighbor through her door’s peephole, and fond of laser games with her hairless cat. She’s also a bit sexually-frustrated.

Until …

God bestows a breath of mercy upon her in the form of Minnesota’s NFL starting quarterback. But this gift is no stranger. Lake met Cage
Published July 28th 2016

To ask other readers questions about One, please sign up.
Jewel Ann Clearly I don't check GR enough. Sorry I'm late to answer this question. Yes, there is romance and comedy and possibly other emotions ... :)

~Anna's ƦªϻƁℓℹռg$~

When I read my first book by Jewel E. Ann two years ago, I immediately knew she would be my favorite author.

This book once again proves that Jewel E. Ann is a truly remarkable author, one of the best in the contemporary romance genre.

With each book she releases, my love for her exceptional writing, unique storylines, dry humor and beautiful characters amplifies. She’s one of those authors you want to read again and again.

I honestly thought no couple could top Jessica and Luke, but Lake and Cage
*****4.5 GRAVITY DEFYING STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

”I love our story. I love it so much because in every chapter you make me fall in love with you all over again. Let’s never be in love. Let’s fall every day without ever touching the ground.”
“Fuck gravity.”

photo 437b180b3647676ee0fe10ce346571a5_zpsgbu2gz3j.jpg

Jewel E Ann became one of my MUST READ authors since I read Undeniably You last year. Her writing is intoxicating. She has created some of the most incredible book boyfriends that not many can rival. ONE is a spin-off
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

"Let's never BE in love. Let's FALL every day without ever touching the ground."

➦This book has everything I could ever want in a romantic comedy - lots of humor, some angst and a bit of steam! The main characters are just so stinkin' cute! And don't get me started on the supporting characters. I hope Flint's book is in the works already, that's all I'm gonna say.

➦We have Lake, a young woman who is full of life despite the fact that she has lost one of her legs in a car accident. And then the
Jennifer Kyle
Feb 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 STARS

"Cage Monahan was the reason my life was spared. I didn’t know how I knew it… I just did.”

description

Though this story can be read as a standalone, fans of this author’s Jack and Jill series will adore this funny, sexy and heartfelt story. Lake Jones is Dr. Luke Jones’ sister who helped him search for Jessica Day in the Jack and Jill series. Fans of that series will remember the attraction and connection she shared with Cage Monahan in that brief encounter three years ago.

”I knew him for a few
Hulya Kara Yuksel
Apr 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
***This book is a standalone. However, it is HIGHLY recommended that any readers who have not, but may consider, reading the Jack & Jill Series, do so before reading this book. It contains spoilers to Jack & Jill.

Well, it's official now. I'm seriously addicted Jewel E. Ann's books!!! :D Story, chemisty and the humor between Cage & Lake was soooooo good! And my god, I love Jewel's strong female characters very much. They are so different, unique and oh they're also very chatty! 😁 Btw
Jewel Ann
Feb 16, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: written
One by Jewel E Ann

Amazon: http://amzn.to/2yw7Ff8
iBooks: http://apple.co/2fkLn8G
Nook: http://bit.ly/2xrBzEh

Cage Monaghan ... sigh ... I'll get back to him in a minute.

One is a spinoff/standalone to the Jack & Jill Series (End of Day, Middle of Knight, Dawn of Forever). However, there are LOTS of spoilers to the series, so I recommend you read J&J first if you haven't, but would ever consider reading it. And if I'm honest—I really think you should read the series. ;)

Back to Cage ... I love him. I'm usually
DW
Oct 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Annnnnnd.... The award for my new favorite couple goes to Cage and Lake!!!!

photo DCE99245-17B3-4C9F-AD58-3BCA86685FAB_zpsst1v747h.gif

Has there ever been a more perfect couple? I don't think so. I adored these beautiful people. It takes a lot to be put on the perfect couple list and these two made it.

photo 3DE2BF39-F0B7-4EC0-B7DF-AE8AC846E2A2_zpsncwcl0km.gif

I experienced so many emotions while reading "ONE". As with every book with this author, I enjoyed every last word and I was still smiling when I finished.
How can you not?

photo 96888AB4-6BD7-4CA0-9FB0-C38EFD338EF0_zpsvsz3px3x.gif

The emotions that I experienced are as follows:

1) Laughing✔
 photo F1ADCA8C-ED69-4D81-BFA2-900374706840_zpsa0syvdll.gif

2) Swooning✔
 photo 003C6A8C-891B-4185-9FC6-8AB65198A88E_zpst1pvetbx.gif

3) Love
Beverly
Jul 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh how I loved this book, let me count the ways.

I love how this book made me feel when I was reading it. It made me so freaking giddy and excited. I literally texted my bestie all day to tell her how much I was loving reading this book. It reminded me why I love reading, the escape and happiness reading provides. I didn’t think about anything I had going on, I fell completely into Lake and Cage’s world.

I love how this book made me fall in love. Lake Jones is a FANTASTIC character, fantastic! Sh
S.M. West
Update on release day: July 28/16

When this popped up on my Kindle on release day, I frantically went to the back of the book for the bonus Epilogue Jewel promised/teased! OMG!!! Seriously, I didn't think it could get any better! THANK YOU!!!!

And now I have a question, a plea, a beg...any chance of a story for Flint? PLEASE!

-----
5++ “F*ck gravity” STARS

One day.
One Kiss.
One moment.
One unforgettable memory.”

This is a standalone but also a spin off from Jewel’s Jack & Jill series. I strongly re
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
★★★★ 4 Stars ★★★★

Jewel E Ann writes THE most swooniest heroes, I absolutely adored Cage Monohan, and his love interest Lake Jones. ❤

This is a spin-off from one of my favourite trilogies of all time The Jack & Jill Series which features the two main characters in One. One can however be read as a standalone, but you will get spoilers from the trilogy, and if you are planning to read that, then I suggest reading in order.

Lake is an amputee, who has risen above her disability and become a thoro
Carol
4.5 stars. 🌟🌟🌟🌟
After reading the emotionally challenging but absolutely sublime Jack and Jill series by this author I was thrilled to start this spinoff book and discover how wonderful reading this simply adorable, funny and very romantic book made me feel.
It was pure reading pleasure, I smiled, I laughed, I swooned and I really wanted all those feelings to last.
I also couldn't say whom I loved more: Cage or Lake (favorite couple-oh yes!!).

Lake was such a strong and courageous woman. Fiercely i
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️

4.25 "F*ck Gravity" Stars!

photo 9D18D181-9372-4928-916D-13354B6FC83A_zpslof3ieye.jpg

One is an endearingly funny spin-off story from the Jack and Jill series. We met Lake and Cage in Jack and Jill and that series provides a nice backstory for both of them. Though this book can be read as a standalone, if there's a chance at all you plan to read Jack and Jill (which I highly recommend because it's that awesome), I'd read that trilogy first as this book contains huge spoilers for that series. That being said...

Lake Jones is a feisty little thing with a
Jayme
The best book I read this year. I took it with me for the holidays and the choice could not be better. It is my first book of the author, and she totally blow my mind. I fell in love with the characters on first page and it was better and better. Just amazing reading which you can recommend to everyone. I will write full review when I get home, but you do not wasting your time, read it right now.

***
ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!

Shanny
Feb 22, 2016 added it
Shelves: must-have-now
***TEASER***
description

Lake and Cage are getting a book! I repeat Lake and Cage are getting their book!!
description
This is like the best news! So Happy :)

Selene
Mar 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: New Adult audience
This book was pure humor from page one until the end! Loved the comedy, dual POVs, hilarious chapter titles, and that great ending. The dialogue was too cutesy in most areas but this was an enjoyable story.
Aisling Zena
Jul 28, 2016 rated it really liked it

Tanja ~ T's Book ~ KT Book Reviews
BIG FAT PUFFY HEARTS!!

F*@k gravity, it’s time to fall in love with Jewel E. Ann and the magic she created with Lake and Cage. One of my top reads of 2016 BY FAR! Sweet, sexy, powerful, and inspiring. If I could add more adjectives without sounding like a true moron, I would.

One is labeled a standalone, however, to truly appreciate this story of love, recovery, and forward motion you MUST have read the Jack & Jill series beforehand. Fans of the previous books are in for a massive treat. I ha
Bo
Apr 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 STARS

This book was pretty spectacular! Lake Jones is an amputee, but it doesn't define her. She's smart, snarky, and a devoted Netflix girl. She's super confident with a few pockets of vulnerability. I absolutely adored her. She had a life changing accident, but she grew stronger. She Lived for every moment, especially the moment she met Cage. He was a moment in time. They met when they were both mired in grief. There was a spark, but they didn't meet again for 3 years. In a coincidence brou
Angela (Reading Frenzy Book Blog)
“One is enough. It’s unique. It’s a chance, an opportunity, an experience. One is never greedy. One is independent. One can change everything.”
In my mind, humor and angst go hand in hand with Jewel E. Ann’s books. One is a bit of a departure for her. It’s a sports romance that has all the wit, but none of the gut wrenching, anxiety producing conflicts I’ve come to expect. This book proves that Jewel can write lighthearted romantic comedy very well while maintaining an extremely touching qual
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Jun 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016
description

“Let’s never be in love. Let’s fall every day without ever touching the ground.”

Be still our beating hearts because we’ve fallen head over heels in love with this book! We never thought Jewel E Anne would produce a hero to equal the divine Luke Jones from the Jack & Jill Series – in Cage Monaghan she has! Talk about sweeping us off our feet. Cage is an explosion of swooon!

‘Lake was her own universe, and when I had the pleasure of being part of it, I wasn’t a famous football player and I w
Lillian ☁ Cloud 9 Books ☁
***** 4.5 Peephole Addiction Stars *****

"My mouth said thank you, but my heart said I love you."

description

Jewel E Ann hits it out of the park again with One. This can be read as a standalone, but if you plan on ever reading the Jack & Jill series, you should read it before reading One because there are some spoilers.

Lake Jones lost a leg in a car accident, but that wasn't the worst part. She lost her love. She lived, and Ben died. While she was grieving, she met Cage when she was traveling with her
Bibi
Dec 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
First time reading and finishing a Jewel E. Ann book and it was so so good!

Review to come!
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Feb 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing

4.5 'impossible' stars

Gina *loves sunshine*
This was an all consuming 5+ stars. One of those books that reminds you why you love reading and why you have a special category for "those authors" the ones that never disappoint!!!! This book was so fabulous...I loved every minute of it!!! The Jack and Jill series was definitely a favorite and now I remember why. Jewel has a unique talent - with her characters, you feel like you have a birds eye view to their soul. You are literally feeling every raw emotion and riding the wave of it. And it's ...more
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
One by Jewel E Ann
4.5 stars!!!

“A new book filled with endless possibilities.”

While One can be read as a standalone if you do intend to read the Jack & Jill series by this author please note that there are spoilers for that series contained within. One is very different from the Jack & Jill series, while that series was steeped in mystery this one was more akin to a RomCom, probably not intended, but the banter between our hero and heroine will have you smiling from ear to ear and lau
Elle aka Leftie aka Shoebelle
*ARC received from author AND I own a copy*

There is nothing, and I mean, nothing I don’t like about this book. You hear? Nothing!

What a total swoonfest!!!

I totally HEART everything about Cage!!!!

I’ve met Cage and Lake in the Jack & Jill series, back when they were young uns. Cage has my attention even then. Lake, well, she did too, but not always in a positive light. What can I say, the bratty sis role in some of the scenes got the best of me, but I got it, no biggie.

And now, it’s their mome
Lina's Reviews  ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥ღೋBook Blogღೋ ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥
 photo newreviewbannerfeather_zpspga5dbag.jpg

ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review.

photo rosebuttonsmall_zpsrpi6fijr.jpg  photo rosebuttonsmall_zpsrpi6fijr.jpg  photo rosebuttonsmall_zpsrpi6fijr.jpg

Title:One
Author: Jewel E. Ann
Category: Romance, Humor
Series or Standalone: Standalone
Plot: 5
Characters: 5
HEA: Not telling

Cage's story!!! Yay!
Another win from the amazing Jewel E. Ann! Humor, wittiness and romance all in one. Incredibly unique characters, exceptional writing.
Lake is a woman with great strength and will to live despite not being labeled as normal anymore. This girl with the missing leg is a kickass heroine with a vivaciou
Malene
Jewel E. Ann has outdone herself yet again. After reading the Jack & Jill series I didn't think it was possible but she succeeded. One was spectacular!! I'm on cloud nine now! I'm so in love with these characters, not just Lake and Cage but everyone from the Jack & Jill series.

Before reading One I strongly suggest that you read the Jack & Jill series. It's a must! Because of the story and the fabulous characters. You will love One even more. I sure as hell did. I fell in love with th
Lea ★

Humour: 8/10
Hotness:7/10
Romance: 9/10
Paige
I love when books surprise me and this one did that. One was excellent and may be one of the best books I've read this year. It was unique and sweet with a hilarious heroine and a swoon-worthy hero. (It does follow the plot line for the Jack and Jill trilogy so if you plan on reading that series, this will have major spoilers.)

Lake has started over in a new city after a past left her a bit broken. Running into her new neighbor and his friends reveals that the past she thought she'd let go of is
  • Last Man Standing (Southern Scrimmage, #5)
  • A Long Time Coming (Perfect Timing #2)
  • Playing by Heart (Love, Hate, Rock-n-Roll, #1)
  • Sanctuary of Mine
  • Love and the Real Boy (Coming About #2)
  • Gravity Happens (Forcing Gravity #2)
  • Limits (Silver Strand, #3)
  • Black Hurricane (Boston Boys, #3)
  • Fierce & Fabulous (Sassy Boyz, #1)
  • Undesired Lust (Reckless Beat, #3)
  • How It Rolls (Love and Skate, #2)
  • Blindness
  • Resistance
  • Wicked Thing
  • Finding Grace
  • Wrong Girl (Wrong Girl, #1)
  • Forever Red (Bama Boys, #1)
  • This Love (University of Branton, #1)
Jewel is a free-spirited romance junkie with a quirky sense of humor. When she's not saving the planet one tree at a time, you can find her role modeling questionable behavior to her three boys, binge-watching Netflix with her husband, and writing mind-bending romance.

Her latest release is When Life Happened, an Amazon #1 Best Seller.

Current projects: A second spinoff from the Jack & Jill Se
“Tell me why one is the best."

"One is enough. It's unique. It's a chance, an opportunity, an experience. One is never greedy. One is independent. One can change everything.”
11 likes
“He didn’t complete me with a part of himself; he just put me back together with all my own pieces. I shattered and he crawled around on the floor handing me my confidence, my hope, my dreams, my voice, my future. He mended me then kissed my scars and looked at me like I was nothing short of a timeless masterpiece.” 6 likes