Start by marking “Predator” as Want to Read:
Predator

Michelle Horst

Predator

(Men of Honor #1)

I’ve let my traumatic past shape my future by becoming a protective agent. I don’t report to anyone. I’m the person you phone when you’re all out of options. I’m the one you turn to when you’re being devoured by desperation. I’m your last option and only hope of seeing your loved one alive again. I’m the man who will walk into a blazing inferno to find a kidnapped victim, ...more
ebook
Published April 29th 2016

Start your review of Predator
Candace
'Predator' was a 3 1/2 star read for me. It was intense at times, but dragged along for long stretches as well. As my first read by this author, it was good. I will probably read more from her in the future.

That being said, the book wasn't exactly what I'd expected after reading the blurb. It still ended up being good, just not the type of story I had expected. Predator, aka Damian, was nothing but nice to Cara right from the start. I had kind of expected some sort of abuse/captivity situation b
Sophie
Apr 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Predator is the powerful new standalone from Michelle Horst that penetrates the heart and soul leaving behind a painful yet blissful wake of intense feelings and emotions.
Predator comes with a warning, it contains dark, sensitive subject matter that some readers may find hard to read.
I'll admit, this book is hard to read. It's dark, raw and it broke my heart. Michelle writes dark and twisty incredibly well. Her ability to suck readers into the dark while filling them with light and hope is sec
Sabrina

I saw this book while browsing around Kindle Unlimited, and it seemed like the perfect read for my mood. Michelle Horst is also a new author to me so it was the perfect time to discover a new writer, which I love to do.

I enjoyed the story and getting to know these characters, but I wish I knew them a little more. I didn't dislike them, I just never connected to their story so it was a little difficult to get through at times. Especially when there were things that Cara or Damian did that I didn
NMmomof4
3 Stars

Overall Opinion: This kept me intruiged, but it's not going down on my favorites shelf. I got a little bored at the beginning and ended up skimming to try to find the good parts. Luckily that did happen, and I became more engaged. For a book with a title "predator" I was kind of surprised that it wasn't that dark of a read tbh. Don't get me wrong -- it did have some horrible events that makes it lean towards the dark side, but the H wasn't a dark guy. He killed people, yes. But he was m
Sara
Jul 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was truly something else, cried through most of it and at times I wanted to stop reading but I pulled through. I admired the writing as I easily connected to the characters & it was so sad to see them go through what they did, especially the heroine.

description

Overall, it is a great book. Not all sunshine & rainbows and quite depressing. I'm just happy Damian and Cara got their happily ever after. This book will definitely stay with me forever.

Words from author
Please remember that you are no
Katie
5+++ stars

description

"I lean forward and bury my face in her neck. I just want to hold her. I want to keep this fragile woman, because she's the only fucking beauty left in this life."

Holy shit. I absolutely LOVED this book. The reason it has taken me so long to write a review on this book is simply because I have read and re-read this book so many times that I keep forgetting to!

If you are a fan of super dark romances, I would HIGHLY suggest this book!
Jacqueline's Reads
Jun 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: killer
3.5 – 4 Sort of Dark Stars

I love having Kindle Unlimited because I pick up random authors. I was really curious about this one because I love the cover and the reviews were positive. And it’s a dark book and I’m all over that.

The book has dark elements but I wouldn’t call it a dark book. I found the beginning a bit dark and the rest a normal new adult book.

Cara is orphaned and ever since then she has been on the run. She knows her parents were killed and she has to hide to protective herself. T
Nazanin
Feb 22, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016, abuse, dark
3.5 Predator Stars

"I always thought fear was cold. I always described it as cold. I was so wrong, so very wrong. Fear turns people into monsters and every sound into a warning of what may come."

When I decided to read this book, I was so excited. That name and that cover!?! They are so stirring. But after a few chapters it lost its fascination. Of course I enjoy it but not as much as I liked. Every thing was good except the darkness of it. and the thing that bothered me was that in 80% of book th
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
༺**Complimentary Copy**༺ Provided by the author
"Michelle Horst" in exchange for an honest review..Thank you!!

TITLE: Predator
AUTHOR: Michelle Horst
GENRE: Contemporary Romance
RELEASE DATE: April 29th , 2016

MY RATING

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

what do you do when 5 stars just isn't enough?? You shove it on your favorite bookshelf!! To say I loved this book is an understatement, I can't even pinpoint at what stage I fell in love with this book, I was just drawn into the story-line as soon as I started it and it
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
I read the blurb, I'm familiar with the author, and so I dove right in. I expected lots of darkness and depravity and, in the beginning, the author did not disappoint. It was graphic and disgusting, turning my stomach and keeping me glued to the pages. But then the intensity kind of fell off and I was left with a story that had more of a contemporary feel than a suspenseful one.

So let's recap the story... Girl is out with her parents on a beautiful day, appreciating time spent with her family,
1-Click Addict Support Group
Dark, disturbing and oh, so good…

Once in a while a book comes along and just messes with my head. THIS is one of those books! Warm and fuzzy moments just wouldn’t fit in this story, yet it is a romance all the same. Not hearts and flowers—far from it, FAR from it—yet the emotions are more powerful for their rawness and discomfort.

“I’ve been stuck in a frozen wasteland for so many years, I’ve forgotten what warmth feels like… until Cara.”

Cara is running but she seems to have reached the end. And
Deborah

I have to start my review by saying this wasn’t quite the book I expected. From the title and the blurb I assumed it would be darker. Don’t get me wrong there’s dark horrible moments early on.

But Predator is a big cutie. He’s lovable, adorable and not at all what I expected. I liked him I just wasn’t ready for him to be like that.

This book had its moments. At times early on I couldn’t put it down. I had to know where it was going. But it also seemed very drawn out in places. At times I felt my
Michelle Horst
Authors note:

This is not a Dark Romance. It's a Suspense/Contemporary Romance.
There is a warning for sensitive readers.
It's not PNR.
It is a Stand Alone.
It's a full novel of 75k words.

Did you love Predator?

Predator Redemption coming soon - https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

Happy Reading <3
Snow
Nov 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

3.75 "I live you" stars

Since i have read book 2 / Protector, first and loved it, Predator now seems like a fading copy...

it s like the same pattern of the storyline with changed details but even though i liked the characters in Predator-Damian/Sam/Alex and Cara/Karen/Nina, they don't hold a match for the characters I LOVED in Protector, but that s only my humble opinion and affection pouring out.

But since this is Cara and Damian's story, i need to be honest and give them enough attention as they
Amanda
3 'I need more action' stars

With a book titled Predator ~ A Stand Alone Novel and the warning of dark theme, I was anticipating more action and suspense. But apart from the beginning of the story arc, the remaining part of the story came underwhelmed for me.

Cara Ellison's life took a drastic turn when her family was killed in a boat accident and she was told to flee the country to USA to avoid being kill by the enemy. After living alone and skipping town after town for seven years, her luck is
Mintcola
Jun 05, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I read only a small part of the book to be honest and that's because I couldn't go further. Yes the book does warn it contains 'dark themes', but damn it, my freaking house lost its electricity by all this darkness in it lol.

First chapter of the book and we're already reading about a girl that is held captive in some container room by people who not only beat the daylights out of her but one of them even rapes her. The details are way too cruel and nasty, hence the whole ''dark themes'' warning
Lyn❤Loves❤Listening #AUDIOBOOKADDICT
3.5

This book wasn't what I expected. With a title like Predator and the somewhat vague synopsis, I expected a more suspenseful/thriller/dark romance type read. Predator was more of a Prince Charming. In my opinion, the book focused more on the healing of the heroine and the relationship building between the hero and the heroine. There was low angst and quick resolution of anything that was outside of the relationship building.
I wouldn't say I was disappointed because the story and characters w
Bookylicious
I couldn't connect with the characters and I really couldn't understand their relationship all through the book. It was just a dull romance novel with some steamy scenes (and those scenes were nearly at the end of the book)
I couldnt belive my eyes when I read the Line H says 'I fuck hard and fast' to our h (who had kidnapped and raped and beaten just months ago)
Sorry this book didn't work for me.
Naksed
Lučka
~~~3 "It's me not you" stars~~~

Possible spoilers!

This book started off really heavy and dark. I kept hoping someone will swoop in and save the h before they'd really abuse her in the most vile way. I connected with her and my heart hurt for her. I admired her for her strength and endurance. But then at one point I didn't like her so much.

The H...I had a problem with. Especially his actions regarding OW. You don't hug, comfort, laugh or touch a woman who used to be your sex buddy, all in front o
Willow Brooks
Jun 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely Loved this freaking story. Dark, twisted, painful, and wonderfully a good bad book. I was left tripping at certain points. I don't have any complaints about this great story and plot. I LOVED both main characters.

I can't review this now, I don't have time, but what a ride!! This heroine went from no hope, life on the run, and more tragedy than one person should have to deal with. When Predator came along, all hell broke loose for the Freak, Dick, Demented, pieces of crap, low life's
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
*****5 cranky stars*****

Two wayward souls who’ve been beaten down by life, but together they find the strength to keep on fighting for love and inner freedom. Life is cruel sometimes, and Damien aka Predator and Cara’s story shows us it’s all about survival, and fighting for your future.

Cara was taken from her home as a young girl, thrown into an unknown world, and the pain she’s been living with has nearly consumed her. We feel her heartbreak every step of the way. Just when the darkness seems
♥ Sarah
May 12, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
So it seems like Horst writes some pretty dark stuff; I think one of her other books deal with sexual slavery/trafficking, and this one definitely had some brutal, sexually violent scenes that are definitely intended for mature readers. So, please be warned -- some readers may find the content extremely disturbing and offensive.

Unlike me. Because for me, it had the opposite effect. I wasn't offended at all, and if anything, I was disappointed that this book wasn't as "dark" as it claimed to be.
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
heartbreakingly Raw

Oh my god this book bowled me over have read other books from this author before but this has got to be my fave so far, Cara/Karen/Nina and Sam/Damien/Alex whatever name they want to go by for me I thought of them as Cara the broken fractured girl who needed gentle fixing and patience and Damien the tortured cleaner (and by that I don't mean he prances around in a pinny cleaning, oh the visual.,he cleans up messes) trying to atone for past mistakes who felt he had to be the ab
Flavs is Mrs David Gandy♥~♥’
I Voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book

For some reason my review just got lost in translation, I suppose. Anyway, why wouldn't I read this book, a fellow South African :-)

I Enjoyed this book so much, I don't normally go for books that is so dark, but this author writes Dark so good with so much twists and turns that you can't help but fall in love with her books.
I was hooked from the first page and it just got better and better as the book went on. Twists and turns and suspense and shocking p
Saunders
for 18 year old Cara Ellison life had been good to her. Spending time with her parents on their boat, talking about silly things, listening to the sound of silence with intermittent background noises. That day Cara thought about how she only had a few precious weeks left with them and how much she was going to miss spending time with them once she left for college - or so she thought.

Cara survived the explosion that took the lives of her parents and also created a new one for her. Forced to leav
Beth
Apr 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 Rescue Stars

So I sat down to read Predator at about 6:00 Friday evening. No hubby. No kids. No getting up until I was done. I could NOT stop reading.

The dark is killing me slowly.

Cara has had her share of dark. Her parents were killed. She was given a one way ticket out of her home country to make a new life. By herself. With no support. When she was 18. Knowing that the people who killed her parents are after her too. Yep...she is living in the dark. But it is about to get darker. Much darke
Rachel Beamin'
Jun 22, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult, mr-tdh, mc-mafia
***Before I carry on let me say, this book is not for the lighthearted. Most chapters, I would consider, are trigger chapters. Some of the situations that occur could be hard for readers to digest. With that being said, if you go into this thinking rainbows and unicorns shitting gold, you will be sadly mistaken.***READERS BEWARE.
Also, on the bold-italic note – this review may contain some spoilers.
So many feels.
It’s been a hot minute since I read a book that caused my knuckles to turn whit
TereseDK
Solid 4 stars!
This was actually a very depressing story, however, I don't feel depressed or miserable. To be honest, the heroine was deeply depressed and psychologically damaged for most of the story (and for a darn good reason, too!!), yet I still feel kinda hopeful after finishing this book.

Predator, which is a bit silly title as his name is Damian and he's is never actually referred to as Predator, is hired to extract Cara from captivity where she has been severely brutalized and abused. Ther
Honey~psychopaths&stalkers
I love this book. Minus one star because somewhere in the middle it was a bit out of place, heroine jealous of Hero when most of the time she doesn't give a damn f and Damien somehow didn't appear as deadly as I thought he would be (still good tho).

The beginning of the story gripped my heart like no other as whatever happened to heroine was too graphic. Then again, it gives me depth of how messed up in the head she is and reason why she's in her own world most of the time.

Damien, by far, the mos
Bargain Basement: Signed Paperback & Swag Pack 1 9 May 02, 2016 02:41PM

• False Perceptions
  • The Girl In The Closet (Southern Heroes #2)
  • The Lies We Tell Ourselves (Southern Heroes #3)
  • We Were Lost (Southern Heroes #5)
  • All The Wasted Time (Southern Heroes #4)
  • The Ocean Between Us (Southern Heroes, #1)
  • Julian (Trinity Academy #4)
  • Mason (Trinity Academy Book 2)
  • Lake (Trinity Academy Book 3)
  • Falcon (Trinity Academy Book 1)
  • The Epilogue (Trinity Academy #5)
  • Anguish (Jokers' Wrath MC, #3)
  • Between Dawn and Dusk (Between Dawn and Dusk Book 1)
  • Slammer
  • Handfuls of Shattered Pieces (Pieces of Us, #1)
  • WHY NOT GOODBYE?
  • Just One Kiss (The Carter Brothers #1)
  • Pandemonium (MC Sinners Next Generation, #1)
Please find me under my new profile Michelle Heard.

This profile is no longer being used.

Michelle Heard is a Bestselling Romance Author who loves creating stories her readers can get lost in. She loves an alpha hero who is not afraid to fight for his woman.

Want to be up to date with what’s happening in Michelle’s world? Sign up to receive the latest news on her alpha hero releases, sales, and great

Men of Honor (3 books)
  • Redemption (Men of Honor #2)
  • Legacy (Men of Honor, #3)

News & Interviews

“He saved me in so many ways. I didn't see it at first. He saved me from certain death. He's the scariest person I've ever met, but for some reason I felt safe with him. Now I'm just a fading star amongst all the bright ones...All I want is love and all I get is people trying to kill me and take away what peace I manage to find in between.” 7 likes
“In those darkest moments of your life, I want you to remember one thing – it’s okay... It’s okay to cry. It’s okay to break. It’s okay to scream. It’s okay to stay in bed until you feel like your body has become a part of the mattress. It’s okay… Because you are human and you need time to just breathe. Please remember that you are not weak when you break. You are beautifully broken and so much stronger when the storm passes. Please remember that you are not alone. Please remember that you are worth a chance at a beautiful life. Remember that, once you let go and you break to pieces as you hit the bottom of that dark pit, there is only one way to go and that’s up.      ” 4 likes