Start by marking “Inside, Inside, Inside” as Want to Read:
Inside, Inside, Inside

Inside, Inside, Inside

3.68  ·  Rating details ·  28 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Published January 3rd 2005 by Cavendish Square Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Inside, Inside, Inside, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Inside, Inside, Inside

Samantha Zapata
Sep 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was just darling! The story starts off with a brother and a sister, Noah and Jenny, and Jenny finds a marble that belonged to Noah. Well Noah has this great idea that playing this game called inside, inside, inside would be fun! So they put the marble in the salt shaker, then the cereal box, then the recipe box, then Jenny's hat and the list goes on until they put the hamper in the bathroom and they have to stop because they can't move the bathroom. So they keep going anyway and start ...more
Cheryl
Nov 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Did you ever get a present that was inside a box that was inside a larger box that was inside a larger box that...? Did you ever muse that your bedroom is in your house which is in your town which is in your state which...? If you've done either, you'll immediately identify with these children. If you've done neither, you poor thing, you need to learn from these children.

I like that it's all told in dialogue. Creative, fresh, and perhaps just a little challenging (but in a good way, of course).
babyhippoface
A brother and sister play a game of “inside, inside, inside,” beginning with a marble inside a salt shaker inside a cereal box, and ending with the solar system inside the Milky Way galaxy. Meade’s colorful illustrations, a combination of cut paper and drawings, add a playful touch and help explain the concept. After an initial reading, kids will want to try Noah & Jenny’s game for themselves; explore spatial relationships by allowing them to play it with things in the classroom and encourag ...more
Hannah Grosse
Aug 30, 2016 rated it liked it
Inside, Inside, Inside is a book which fairly accurately describes the average relationship between a mischievous boy and his little sister, stepping into the role of accomplice. It's a charming story which allows us to enter the minds of young children as they follow their dreams in the form of imagination. The plot-line is simple as well as the language, which seems to match the simplicity of the pair of siblings playing a game with a mere marble and some household containers. All in all, it's ...more
Paula
Nov 16, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: family, 1st-grade
It might get a little confusing after everything is in the shower and the book is written as a dialogue between the brother and the sister. But done with a felt set and reading half of the book might work in story time.
Noah and Jenny play a game in which they place one item inside another, over and over, until they place it all in the shower, then imagine and draw the shower inside the house, inside the neighborhood, and all the way to the solar system.
Tahya Bruce
Oct 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I thought this was a great interactive book. It has an older brother and a younger sister that are communicated back and forth the whole book and their lines are highlighted with different colors. One person could be the sister, Jenny, and the other person could be the brother, Noah. While it is a very interactive book, it also has teaching lessons about the world and what's "inside of the outside". I would recommend this to grade starting to develop high level thinking about the world.
Mattie Troyer
Oct 20, 2016 rated it did not like it
I did not care for this book much at all. The only way I could see it being usefully used in a classroom setting is if you broke the class up into pairs and gave everyone a copy of this book. This way they could read the two characters back and forth to each other working on voice while reading. I think this would be a confusing read aloud because of the conversation between the boy and girl in the story. I probably won't be picking this book up to read again anytime soon.
Nikki
Oct 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-books
Lately, I have been letting my oldest daughter(1st grade) rate the books she reads to me and tell me the reason for her rating. I have my own thoughts about the books she reads to me but I let her decide it's rating. She wanted to give this book 5 stars because she liked the discovery game Noah and Jenny created and she said she liked learning about the Solar System.
Amy L. Campbell
Mar 23, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: storytime, 2016
read this to two groups of kids and it just didn't get much of a reaction. Probably better for one on one.
Kristen
May 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-we-own
We got this one at the library and liked it so much that we got it! It kind of has a "Me on the Map" vibe.
Cynthia
Nov 15, 2011 rated it liked it
My kids loved it.
Stacie Graham
Dec 04, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-book
So fun! The kids start with a marble and put things inside of the other, brother teaches sister what things go inside of other things! Great book!
Terra
Hailey Forbes
Dec 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Genre: contemporary realistic
Reading Level: elementary

This book shows the story of siblings who play the game “inside.” They go as far as what is inside the universe and the galaxy. It was a fun read.
Layla
Jan 29, 2014
tk
added it
Feb 13, 2018
Holly Meade was the illustrator of many acclaimed books for children, including ON MORNING WINGS by Reeve Lindbergh, That's What Friends Are For by Florence Parry Heide, Virginnie's Hat by Dori Chaconas, In the Wild by David Elliott, Naamah and the Ark at Night by Susan Bartoletti and many more. She wrote and illustrated the picture book If I Never Forever Endeavor.
More about Holly Meade...