Start by marking “The Bucket List to Mend a Broken Heart” as Want to Read:
The Bucket List to Mend a Broken Heart

The Bucket List to Mend a Broken Heart

A hilarious new romantic comedy for fans of Lindsey Kelk and Jane Costello from Anna Bell, the bestselling author of Don't Tell the Groom.

Abi's barely left her bed since Joseph, the love of her life, dumped her, saying they were incompatible. When Joseph leaves a box of her possessions on her doorstep, she finds a bucket list of ten things she never knew he wanted to do.
Published March 10th 2016 by Zaffre Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Bucket List to Mend a Broken Heart, please sign up.
Rose McClelland I would say so - there's a few kissy-kissy scenes but nothing too heavy.

Veronica ⭐️
May 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016
The Bucket List to mend a Broken Heart is a heart-warming story of believing in yourself and pushing your boundaries to find a stronger you.

Abi is excited to be planning something special for her and Joseph’s one year anniversary. But when Joseph says “We need to talk” Abi’s whole world comes crashing down.
Abi’s time is now calculated in the number of weeks since the love of her life dumped her. However when Abi finds a list written by Joseph of ten things he would like to do before he turns for
Ferdy
1 star for the rubbish main character. She was pathetic, useless and brainless, as well as deluded. For some mad, illogical reason the MC thought she could win her boyfriend back by halfheartedly doing his bucket list. Which didn't made any sense as the break up had nothing to do with his bucket list. Why she thought that would magically win him back, I don't know.
Also, she did nothing but whine and be negative about everything on the bloody list, her non stop moaning about doing things she did
sraxe
After the "love of her life" dumps her just before their one year anniversary, 30 y/o Abi Martin's in serious self-pitying mode. She's missed weeks of work, working mostly from home, and has gained a couple pounds in that time. She's truly at her worst and finds herself crying all of the time. After she gets a letter from HR ordering her back to work, she finally starts to get her ass back into gear. After she dramatically cuts her hair and cleans up her apartment, she gets a box full of her stu ...more
Elaine
Mar 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Dumped and heartbroken, Abi is desperate to get ex Joseph back and thinks she has found a way when she finds his bucket list of things he wants to do before he is 40. She decides there and then that she is going to do everything on his bucket list and post the pictures on Facebook to show him that she is actually the girl he wants to spend the rest of his life with. This is despite the fact that there are things on that list that she absolutely dreads the idea of doing.

This is a really fun feel-
Sophie
Apr 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: print-books
Anna Bell’s The Bucket List to Mend a Broken Heart is the perfect read for a lazy day – snuggled up with smiles and laughs and giggles a plenty and if that’s somehow not enough, a dreamy hero to sweep you off your feet as well. Who knows – you might be inspired to write your own bucket list too? I was looking for a cosy, romantic and feel-good read and Anna Bell’s new novel was definitely a book I was drawn to – an irresistibly warm and engaging novel.

Abi is devastated when her boyfriend Joseph
Somya Sahni
Feb 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Twitter | Blog | Instagram
Synopsis - Girl gets dumped by boyfriend. Finds his bucket list. Decides if she will do his bucket list he will take her back.When she starts doing the bucket list she meets a guy who actually ends up helping her complete the list and slowly and slowly steals her heart too by being the perfect support system during her whole bucket list ( if someone can support you through a crazy bucket list they can Damn support you anywhere and everywhere.)

So what I really liked abou
Steff
May 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
All I wanna say is, "you go girl!" Ain't got no time for emo begging after a break up. I mean, we all do crazy stuff when we're heartbroken but who the fadafak goes conquers an island on a bike, or windsurf, or abseil like a heartbreak ain't bringing her down? Abi fucking Martin. Joseph better cry his pants off for losing such a crazy brave girl who'd prolly dump him just before she'd jump off a bloody tall tower. Oh wait, she did, didn't she?

Abi reminded me so much of myself back when I was hea
Ana

Originally posted on This Chick Reads

*Copy provided by publisher in exchange for an honest review*

And Anna Bell has done it again! In such a short time span and two pregnancies included, she's managed to write so many books, and good ones at that. I seriously don't know how she does it and what exactly is her secret in creating such brilliant, feel-good rom coms. Could it be her amazing sense of humor? Probably. Could it be her bubbly personality? I bet that could be it too. But no matter how ma
Luise
Mar 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing

This is such a nice story, I really enjoyed reading it. It had a nice pace, the love-part developed in a pleasant way and I liked most of the characters.

Abi had some hints of being one of those dumb incompetent main characters that stumble through their story with more luck than judgement. Fortunately, she usually turned out to be not as bad after all and proved that she's capable of reaching stuff instead. That was great :D

I've no idea what else to say, I can't think of anything that
Fatima
I recieved this book from a good reads giveaway and im very glad and thankful that I did. A must-read, 5/5 star worthy book with the most beautiful and attractive cover.

This was An absolutely lovely, fun and original read, i mean, completing someone ELSES bucketlist? Very VERY original i must say. loved it through out and was unable to put down the book at night. Last night I was up till 4:00 AM reading it.

Heartbroken about her breakup with Joseph and desperate to get him back Abi decides to co
Katharina
Aug 11, 2016 rated it it was ok
My chick-lit/rom-com rating scale is basically based on: "Did this offend me horribly on a personal level?" This did not, and it was cute in places, but I still spent most of the time wondering why the protagonists of these things have to be so frakking DUMB 99% of the time.
Noha AlNaggar
Jun 02, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: summer-2016
The cover is so cute, which is basically why I read the book. I would've liked this book more if I was older. I, currently, enjoy YA more than anything else, and this book wasn't a one :(
Feb 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
HOW CUTE IS THE COVER FOR THIS BOOK?!?!?
I loved The Bucket List To Mend A Broken Heart as soon as I read the title! I thought the idea of someone trying to complete a bucket list to try and fix their broken heart was really original. I love Anna’s novels and was so excited when the lovely people at Zaffre got in touch and sent me a copy…it is even more beautiful in the flesh!
The Bucket List To Mend A Broken Heart follows the story of Abi who is heartbroken when her boyfriend Joseph decides, out
Anja
Nov 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Actually, I would give it 4.5 stars, or 4.25 more like. But as this is not possible...

I did really like the book. It's about Abi, who gets dumped by her boyfriend Joseph. He thinks they are not compatible. One day though, Abi finds Joseph's bucket list of things he wants to do before he turns 40. So to proof that they are very well compatible and to therefore get him back, Abi starts doing all of his tasks. Unfortunately she isn't the kind of person to enjoy climbing mountains or long, exhaustin
Kim
Mar 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: net-galley, 2016, kindle
When Abi's boyfriend splits up with her she is really upset. When she finds a bucket list that he had written she decides that it would be a good way to try and win him back.

She has 10 items on her list that she wants to try and complete as quickly as possible and a new group of friends encourage and support her as she approaches each challenge.

The characters were so vividly brought to life that you could imagine yourself on some of the challenges with them. It really was a lovely read, drawing
Uyen
Jun 09, 2017 rated it liked it
A heartwarming and fairly uncomplicated read, The Bucket List to Mend a Broken Heart really satisfied my need for a new adult book without serious amounts of cringe.

Anna Bell provides much-needed humour and sophistication in the new adult genre. (Though, I suppose the main character isn't really a "new" adult anymore, at 30 years of age.)

Bucket List weaves light-hearted fun into a series of bucket list items, to be checked off by the protagonist, Abi. Problem is: the bucket list belongs to her s
Tissy
Jun 29, 2017 rated it liked it
A cute, light-hearted and easy read. Good for the beach.
Heather Alderman
Sep 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Very cute story, very predictable, but very cute.
Olga Miret
Nov 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you need a gentle romantic comedy that will leave you with a smile, try this. Thanks to Net Galley and to Bonnier Publishing for offering me a free ARC copy of this novel that I voluntarily have decided to review.
The plot of this novel fits perfectly in the category of chick lit or romantic comedy, and I could almost watch the movie in my mind’s eye as I read it. Abi , Bridget Jones’s spiritual sister, is suddenly dropped by her boyfriend of almost a year, Joseph (“the one”) and she’s despera
Jody
Feb 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Review first posted on my blog 'A Spoonful of Happy Endings': http://spoonfulofhappyendings.blogspo...

Abi is completely heartbroken when her boyfriend Joseph unexpectedly breaks up with her, stating he feels the two of them don't fit together anymore and want different things in life. Abi knows Joseph is the one for her; she just has to find a way of convincing him of this as well. So when she finds a bucket list of things he wants to do in his life, she decides to go and do these things herself
Lisa (Remarkablylisa)
May 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: may-2016
I'm going to be really honest and say that I was going to give this book 3.5/5 but one line that a character said made me so happy.

The reason why I decided to give not a perfect rating is because Abi was an idiot from the get-go. She was clearly so lost in lust for her ex-boyfriend, Joseph, that she couldn't even see the danger signs in her relationship. Or even the biggest red sign for a finalized breakup! Joseph seemed elated right after he broke up with her, showing no signs of remorse or up
Anneceleste
Apr 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, humour
3.5 stars. There were some very funny moments. A 30 year old woman tries to win back her ex boyfriend, who abandoned her, by actualizing his wish list. Throughout the process she meets Mr Right, but of course she realizes it at the very end. An easy read with hilarious moments, it was what I needed at this moment.
A month ago I read A Week of Mondays in which the teen heroine tried also to win back her ex. Chance or choice?
Theresa
Mar 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this book,couldn't put it down, made me think of my own list.
Agi
Feb 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016, 2016-releases

Oh guys, a new novel by Anna Bell! What a treat! As soon as I learnt that "The Bucket List to Mend a Broken Heart" is going to be published in March, I started to count the days to the publication day. I was lucky enough to receive a review copy, and as soon as I got it in my hands, I put everything away and started reading it - after reading Anna's Penny's books, this author is on my auto - buy list - I love her writing style, her humour and how effortlessly the stories go. And I am so glad to
Kathrin
Nice and easy read - if you don't take it too seriously it's quite entertaining.

Abi is 30 years old and her boyfriend, Joseph, leaves her suddenly after a year without explaining himself. After the initial breakdown, she stumbles across a bucket list of his and decides to achieve all those goals to impress Joseph and convince him to come back to her.

I don't believe that Abi is an easy character to like - especially in the beginning. However, she slowly grew on me. I liked to watch her on her q
Nadeesha Senadheera
Mar 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love the moral of this sweet contemporary romance novel even though the main female character "Abi" acts foolishly at some point of the story.. there is nothing amazing in the story but I really like what it comes up with.. this book is good for especially those who need to get a break from long slow readings. it's simple, fresh and good for a quick read.. I think it's time for me to make my own bucket list not because my heart is broken but because I need to live my life to the fullest.. 😉
Anne London
Jun 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book and didn't think I would. when I started it, I actually thought, "when and why did I add this to my kindle?". Having said that, the character development (not just with the main character) was obvious and it was just plain FUN. It didn't take me too long to get into it and not want to put it down. Bonus: the British words/phrases kept me on my toes--I learned some things!

Charanya
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.75 stars rounded up!

This book was almost perfect. Just the perfect amount of heart, humour and romance. Except for the intent of why Abi starts the bucket list, I loved every bit of this book. The leading man brings out the best in her, but I admired Abi's courage to try everything she was deathly afraid of. So positive and fun.
Louise
Sep 28, 2018 rated it liked it
It was a cute story.

But in my opinion the author could have shortened the story a bit.

And I kinda thought the book were about Her’s bucket list.

Overall the story were cute
could have been shorter
Shelli
Oct 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Charming

I loved this. Made me want to make my own bucket list. I was so inspired by the changes Abi made in her life, it made me want to make changes as well. That's what the best books do. And it really is laugh out loud funny.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Learn Love in a Week
  • Me and You
  • Wenn's einfach wär, würd's jeder machen
  • Always You
  • House of Windows
  • Finding Monsieur Right
  • Kiss Me Under the Mistletoe
  • Queen Mum
  • Phoebe Smith's Private Blog
  • Ella's Ice-Cream Summer (The Ice-Cream Cafe, #1)
  • The Right Side of Mr Wrong
  • Floating Boy and the Girl Who Couldn't Fly
  • How Many Letters Are In Goodbye?
  • The Vintage Springtime Club
  • The Trouble with Henry and Zoe
  • Secret Santa
  • Höhenrausch
  • Rumours
Anna is represented by the Marsh Agency and published by Quercus. 'Don't Tell the Groom' is released in paperback 5th December 2013.

Anna also writes new adult fiction under the pen name Annabel Scott.
“I must have truly been under his spell, believing anything is acceptable when you're in love.” 0 likes
“Sometimes I scare myself with how quickly I can come up with lies.” 0 likes