Start by marking “Jamison (Spasm Rockers #1)” as Want to Read:
Jamison (Spasm Rockers #1)

Jamison

(Spasm Rockers #1)

Some people call it puppy love,
But I know the truth.
Even though we were kids, too young to know better,
I knew.
I was absolutely head-over-heels in love with Cody Jamison.
There wasn’t a moment in my life that he wasn’t a part of.
There wasn’t a part of me that didn’t belong to him.
And just as I was about to tell him…
He left.
Left town.
Left me.
Shattering my heart into pieces.
Bu
Published September 21st 2016 by Author Niquel

To ask other readers questions about Jamison, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jamison

Ginny Deffendall
Nov 29, 2016 rated it it was ok
I received an ARC for this book in exchange for a fair and honest review. I wanted to like it; I really did. It had so many of my favorite plot devices -- in love with the boy next door, the older brother's best friend, the sexy rocker who seemingly can't be tamed until he is....

That said, this is going to be the first bad review I've ever written. I did not like this book. I did not like it at all....

I'd have given it one star, but the book actually started off pretty well. Shannon and Jamison
Candice
Sep 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Good book to read. The beginning is so very cute with three kids two brother and sister and one brothers best friend. It's adorable to see how these kids have feelings for each other. Then bam the story goes astray. You have to read it to feel the emotions it throws your way. As the story unfolds you get lots of the background you missed in the beginning. Great story. Was interesting and attention grabbing. Glad everything worked out in the end. Excited to see the next book in the series
Tiffany Readz
I'm Torn...

After thinking about it for a while, I'm still not too sure if I liked this book or not. While there were elements that were interesting, for example the band starting from the ground up. I didn't like the star of the book, Jamison himself. The guy did absolutely nothing for me, even as the story unfolded. Actually, I disliked him more.

Everybody loves the long lost romance, young lovers reunited after years apart and Jamison had that going for it early on. However, once Cody left town
Jan
Sep 13, 2016 rated it liked it
3 Sun kissed stars

Jamison had potential to be great.

The beginning I loved, CJ and Shannon growing up, how he cared for her how they grew up together and then one night his parents moved away taking CJ with them.

Years later CJ and Shannon are reunited.

I love a childhood to adult lovers romance and this was good.

I struggled with the way the story jumped a lot. Certain scenes like CJ was told his parents had died and that was it? no feelings or emotional, explanation, the plot then jumped onto
Karin
Dec 01, 2016 rated it liked it
This book had so much potential, so much!!! But fell short for me. I thought Cody was a complete fuckin douche!!!! I love you so much I always have but step aside so I can bang randoms in the bathroom. I hated how Shannon was so weak and was always at his beck and call. He would barely apologize for his douchebaggery and she's like ok. Shannon was a weak heroine and, I can't stand a weak heroine. And Cody I just wanted to punch him.

This book just jumped around to much. The gaps didn't make sense
Wendy Livingstone
Sep 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC for an honest review.
This is the first time I have read any of author Niquel’s work, and it will not be the last. Cody and Shannon loved each other as children, but when Cody leaves town with his family, they lose touch. Years later Cody returns to join Shannon’s brothers band Spasm. There are secrets, and twists and turns in this story. I enjoyed the banter with the supporting characters as well.
I enjoyed this book, although at times it felt a tad disjointed. I look forward to
Socially Book Nerd
Sep 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was given a free copy for an honest review, Her big brothers best friend was her 1st crush. He
promised to be her boyfriend, but forces to move away… almost disappear. Years go by and
Jamison comes back. Seeking a spot in his former best friends band. And the heart of the girl
(his sister) he left behind.
Poppy Reads
May 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Jamison is my very first Niquel book and I throughly enjoyed being a part of this bad boy rockers world for a short period of time.

Jamison is one sexy, dirty and troubled bad boy.

What is it about a bad boy that makes a girl swoon no matter her better judgement?

Shannon is admittedly the good girl. She is the girl who may like to have fun but at the end of the day she's the girl who follows the rules.

Niquel's story of child friends finding their other half is equal parts sexy, lovely and angsty.
Yomari Suarez
May 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Completely in love with CJ and Shannon's love story! There is sweetness, passion, drama and a bada$$ rock band in the making. This book grabbed me and didn't released me until the end and I was so happy that I was able to read the next one right after I was done. This series is definitely a must read! CJ was literally the boy next door and Shannon knew from a young age that it was more that puppy love. But circumstances separated them, but now he's back all grown up, becoming lead guitarist in h ...more
Nicky
May 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
WOW what an amazing read it had me hooked on page one
this is one very emotional story absolutely loved it I laughed some. I cried lots
had some very early mornings reading but Niquel you had me totally hooked so I thank you
then I read Reginald the 2nd book in the series yet another WOW and even more tears
but what a story that was read that in a day now I have to wait for book 3 I hope it doesn't
take long for that to be released I am addicted to the spasm series
once again
thanks Niquel for an a
Summer  -SSBR-
Nov 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
I throughly enjoyed this rocker book. It is a unique story and a fresh take on a rocker series. Cj and Shannon have known each other for as long as they can remember and have loved each other almost as long. When Shannon is 10 and Cj turns 13 he up and leaves with no trace but a letter he gave to Shannon. 11 years later he shows up at a bar and auditions for a new band and the rest is written in the stars.
Hannie
Sep 08, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not my type of HEA

I loved the story don't get me wrong,but I had so many unanswered questions. When I noticed I was on the second to last chapter I was wondering this can't be it. I would never tell an author how to write a book. She might continue the story in the other books, but not sure I would continue the series right away. I will sooner or later get the others, but not one I have to have.
Patty
Page Count: 269 pages
Heat Level: 2flames out of 5
Rating: 4 stars out of 5
Blurb:

*Special release week price of $0.99. The book will move to its permanent price of $2.99 after!* This book is recommended for adults 18+ due to the use of mature language, adult content, and violent situations.

Some people call it puppy love,
But I know the truth.
Even th
Michelle "Chelle" Thompson
Sep 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really liked the book and the story was good. I like Shannon and I liked Cody at times. This is a hard review for me to write because while I enjoyed the book, there are things about it I didn't like. The characters words versus their actions just didn't add up many times and the jumping of timeline and storyline. The beginning was amazing then when we get to the later part is just started jumping to me. One minute the band meets then they are talking about each other like it's been weeks or m ...more
Rachel Humphries
Sep 26, 2016 rated it liked it
Copy gifted in exchange for an honest review - 3 & a half stars

This author is completely new to me so I didn't know what to expect but looked forward to reading the book.

Brother & sister Ambrose (Dean) & Shannon spent all their time with best friend Cody (CJ) & Shannon had a serious crush. One day CJ disappeared leaving only a note behind & Shannon was left devastated.

Fast forward 11 years & CJ auditions to be in a band that was put together by Ambrose. Their bromance is
Cally
Sep 27, 2016 rated it liked it
I received this book in return for my honest opinion.

This book about second chances and rock stars.

We meet CJ (Cody) and Shannon as kids. As kids Cody and Shannon who loved one another but Cody moved away with his family and they lost all contact with each other. Fast forward a few years later and Cody is back in Shannon's life when he returns to his home town to join Shannon's brother's band Spasm.

There are secrets and twists and turns that will keep you reading but to be honest there were a f
Judy
Sep 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Niquel is a "new to me" author and WOW!! I was captivated from the beginning!!

I loved how the story started out when Dean, CJ, and Shannon were kids. It was cute how Shannon trusted her brother and did whatever he asked her to do, no matter how stupid it was. And Dean did get in trouble but Shannon loved her big brother! She also started having these strange feelings for CJ that she didn't understand. When CJ turned 13 he just disappeared out of Dean and Shannon's life. Why? You gotta read and f
Smashlybookalicousreviewingchicks
Being young and in love doesn't always mean just a crush or lust. This may be true for many of us; however, CJ (AKA Cody Jamison) and Shannon had more than lust. CJ being a few years older and friends with her brother, Ambrose AKA Dean saw something in Shannon even as a young girl. They had a special bond until one day CJ had to leave unexpectedly and tore her heart apart.

CJ returns as they are adults to be in a band, Spasm with her brother. He always had a place for Shannon in his heart and se
MegL
Sep 27, 2016 rated it liked it
I liked idea behind Jamison but I had a really hard time with the actual writing. It’s a bit choppy which made it difficult to connect with the story. Aside from that the first few chapters had my attention but then it just went downhill from there. I felt like I could feel more of a connection between the main characters in those first few chapters when they were younger, but as the story progressed, that connection just wasn’t there. There was a lack of depth and the story was rushed which mad ...more
Melody Grabeel
Cody Jamison is back. He and his parents seemingly disappeared on his 13th birthday, His best friend Dean and his sister Shannon didn't know where he went or what happened. Now that he's returned, he plans to get the girl back along with the life he should have had all along.
Shannon Moore has dreamt about this man with the images of the boy who left and broke her heart. She has measured all of her boyfriends by the ideal of CJ. Now that he's back and he intends to have her, she will learn more t
Trisha
Sep 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was a different rocker story. Some unexpected twists. Just when you think it's a sweet puppy love and friendship things change.

Dean and Shannon are siblings. Their next door neighbor and friend is CJ. We see the beginning of their friendships and then we see more. It's amazing how we get to see the changes in their lives. New band and new paths in their lives.

The band members are all a family. It took some time but Dean, CJ, Alexis, Reg and Chad all seem to work well together. Throw in Sh
JoAnna G
Sep 16, 2016 rated it liked it
I loved the beginning of this book. It showed their start. I loved watching these two as children and their love and friendship. Yes friendship, however they had love like I said. You would think that these two will be together someday. They knew even at that age they loved each other. He treated her with respect and didn’t act like she was a nuisance to him when he was hanging around her brother Ambrose “Dean”.

“Why are you looking at me like that?”

“ I was looking at the small dots across you
Letty  (Cover to Cover Book Blog Reviewer)
I love childhood friends to lovers stories. I love to read about the issues that possibly kept our main characters away from each other only for them to come together when they’re older. We get some of that in this book.

Jamison and Shannon have known each other for years. He was her brother’s best friend growing up and spending so much time together helped create that bond between them. But he moved away unexpectedly and upon his return, things are just not the same.

That right there is what hook
Caroline Ferriday
Sep 25, 2016 rated it liked it
This book was given to me in exchange for an honest review.

This author was new to me, so I wasn't sure what to expect. The idea of the book held promise, as I loved the initial plot, but I didn't like the execution as much. Niquel was able to write like a child wonderfully and it set the back story off in a way that was hard to top. I was intrigued with the ending of the past, but I felt like the present day could have been better. The story is from a dual perspective, which I love, and you got
Lorie Glowania
Sep 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shannon has always had a crush on CJ her brothers friend. He was much older then her but both seemed to hit it off. Now on his birthday he disappears promising to write but never dies. Shannon is heart broken. Shannons brother is going to start a band and low and behold standing right in front of her is CJ. Vowing not to make thing easy of CJ for breaking her heart she is soon drawn back in. But where has he been all this time? Can she trust her heart or will it be broken again? Can love come ou ...more
Elizabeth Horbaczek
Sep 20, 2016 rated it liked it
This book was given to me for an honest review.

3 stars

So when I read a book I look for certain things. This book appealed to me because it was a childhood romance to adult romance and they are one of my favorite books. I love seeing them grow into their love and I was hoping this would be like that. This is the first time I was wandering why would Shannon still like him after everything, but I will get to that. I understand that kids can't tell their parents to stay or tell them they won't go, b
Melony Hobgood
Sep 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Cody Jamison just disappear and left Shannon heart broken at very young age. The puppy love between the two was so cute to read and a great touch to the story.
The grown-up love between the two was much different. The give and take was not always even and Jamison had me ready to stop reading at one point. Shannon doesn't back down from people she may have to step back and regroup but she didn't back down, and that made me love her.
I love this band and can't wait to read the next story.
Amie Morgado- We Stole Your Book Boyfriend
I have to make a note this is a 3.5 stars review not a 3 star. I enjoyed the story line and flew through the book but I did have a few issues that held me back from making it a 4 star read. Anyone who follows my reviews knows I love the childhood friends in love story - even better when it is your big brothers best friend !! Then to have the separation last years and now as adults coming face to face - I can't ever say no to that BUT a few things should have stood out more and taken more time wh ...more
Christie72
Sep 24, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: rockers, romance, series
~3 Stars~

Shannon, her brother, and her brother’s best friend, CJ aka Cody, are the best of friends as children. I adored the special relationship they had, especially between Shannon and Cody. They begin to develop feelings that they are unsure of except that it goes beyond normal friendship. They are each other’s first loves, but before the feelings can grow into something stronger, Cody is forced to move with his family. He promises to stay in touch with Shannon, but he doesn’t. She is heartb
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Righteous Obsession
  • Unsettled (Chrysalis, #3)
  • Finding Home (Club Dark #1)
  • Frigid
  • The Spark Series: The Complete Box Set (Spark, #1-3)
  • Metal Urge
  • The Back-Up Series Box Set: Back-Up / Front & Center / Encore (Back-Up, #1-3)
  • Irreparable (Wounded Souls, #1)
  • Say It Again
  • Seven
  • Obsession (Southern Comfort, #5)
  • Protecting Her
  • It's Just Love, Not a Time Bomb
  • Lies in Rewind (Love in Rewind, #2)
  • Beyond The Music (The Rock Gods, #7)
  • Lucky Numbers (TroubleMaker, #3)
  • The Pretend Girlfriend (A Billionaire Love Story, #1)
  • Ryker
Niquel is a self diagnosed coffee addict, lover of rice and beans, and chocolate—preferably not all together. She’s the creator of multiple stories full of love, passion, and power. She may toss in a ghost story every once in a while.

When she’s not busy taking care of her two little girls, she's writing or creating graphics. Or you can find her binge watching TV with her significant other.

Boston b

Spasm Rockers (2 books)
  • Reginald (Spasm Rockers #2)