Start by marking “Connection Error (#gaymers, #3)” as Want to Read:
Connection Error (#gaymers, #3)

Connection Error

(#gaymers #3)

It's typical of video game programmer Josiah Simmons to be the last one on the plane on the way to the biggest meeting of his career. Though he's (mostly) coping with his ADHD, he can't handle another distraction. But he also can't ignore his rugged seatmate—especially once he learns the military man's a fan of his game.

Ryan Orson refuses to let his severe injuries pause h
Published September 5th 2016 by Carina Press

Start your review of Connection Error (#gaymers, #3)
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
*4.5 stars*

Annabeth Albert is one of my favorite authors, and her #gamers series is one of my favorite series, so it's NO WONDER I adored this book. Adored every stinkin' word!

Do you like slightly spastic, hyper geeks? How about hot military men? How about overly enthusiastic puppies? Hurt-comfort stories? Even if you think you don't like these things, I'm telling you, you will!

I like a good military M/M as much as the next gal, but I'm not one of those readers that goes insane for men in unif
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
~4.5~

Connection Error is much angstier than the previous two books in the series. If you like hurt/comfort stories, you'll love this book, but be aware that the focus is much more on the hurt than comfort.

Ryan is a Navy SEAL who was injured on his last mission. He is determined to return to active duty and is flying to Washington DC for full-time rehab when he meets the hyperactive Josiah on a flight.

Josiah flirts with Ryan shamelessly. He ogles Ryan's biceps and basically trips over his tongue
Judith
Sep 24, 2016 added it
Not finishing for now...

It really wasn't holding my attention.I loved Josiah but Ryan wasn't doing it for me and the sex scenes I read did nothing for me.

It's,probably,not the book's fault but after reading some really intense books recently I think my preferences have changed.
.Lili.
 photo image.jpg1_zpseneq7u7b.jpg

Connection Error...

So much to love about this story. It was exquisitely written. I'm telling you now- this book will be on my Top Ten for the year. We just submitted our Top Five Reads for the first half of the year, and it killed me not to include this one. Since it technically doesn't release until September, it didn't qualify. Anyhoo, I'm going off on a tangent- back to the book! In this installment of the #gaymers series- Josiah finally got his HEA. I loved his character in the previous book
Adam
4.25 stars!

This book doesn’t shy away from showing how different disabilities can affect daily life. This author clearly did her research, and presented it without becoming lecture-y. I think to fully appreciate what Ryan goes through, it’s best to find out the extent of his injuries and recovery at the same time Josiah does so in the book.

All I’ll say is that it didn’t take me long to develop a deep respect for Ryan.

description

Josiah and Ryan’s relationship grows slowly. They’re apart from each other for
* A Reader Obsessed *
4 Stars!

And the hits just keep on coming!

Whenever I think of Albert for some reason I think of major fluff. But in reality, she is deceptively more serious and always pleasingly more smexy than expected. This was no exception.

What should’ve never worked, does, as a travel delay starts up a tentative friendship between complete opposites Ryan and Josiah. Through their love of gaming, feels and flirting bloom despite long distance and despite being in what seems very different stages of their liv
Tess

Loved these guys. They were both well-developed and felt very real. And, of course, I loved that they took things slowly! No insta-love and no falling into bed together right away!! Probably my favourite in the series.
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***4.5 Stars***

My favorite in the series!! This was so damn good! Why has it been sitting unread on my kindle for so long?

I loved Josiah and Ryan! Two men dealing with two different situations but with similar vulnerabilities and insecurities.

The connection between these two is instantaneous. You're hooked from the moment the endearingly adorable Josiah sits down next to Ryan on the plane. The smiles, the banter, the flirting...all of it perfectly designed to get you invested in these men with
Ele
Feb 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: military, disability
Different than the rest of the series, but pretty amazing. Number two is still my favourite but this one came close. My only complaint is that I'd like the MCs to spend a little more time together on page.

Very well done. Recommended!
Sarina Bowen
This is my favorite of the series! LOVE.
Ami
Jun 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.75 stars rounded up

I LOVE Albert's gaymers series so I jumped into the chance of requesting the ARC edition from Netgalley. After I finished, I found that I enjoyed it slightly less than the previous two books but still a very good read.

My biggest obstacle was probably because I couldn't see where the romance was going, especially from Ryan's point of view. It was easier to see what Josiah (the adorable younger man) wanted -- he was into Ryan right from the very beginning. Despite the foot-to
Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘
"I'm more worried about forgetting to pay the rent or screwing up my med reminders or getting so into work that I forget to eat. I do that. And what about Gracie? [the dog] What if I forget to feed her?"

I can't talk about the disability rep (Ryan, one of the MC, is an amputee and uses a wheelchair ; it seemed correctly handled BUT you should check ownvoices reviews) and I had complains with the story itself (nothing huge, but wasn't a favourite either) but the ADHD rep was A+. Seriously.
Trio
Always love Sean Crisden!

Very enjoyable series, and the opposites attract going on in this one definitely works.
Susan
Jun 12, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm

Unpopular opinion coming up...

I seem to be the only one who didn't like this, so it definitely must be me then.

I loved the first two books in this series, especially book 2. But this one…. I didn’t like all that much. I have to say there were some parts I did like, but near the end it got awful again.

My biggest problem with this book was Ryan. He was just so… gruff and unemotional.

It’s okay to feel things, you know. But no, Ryan is a big bad Navy SEAL, who shall never admit his feeling
L.A. Witt
Apr 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio
Maaaaan I love this series. MOAR PLEEZ.
CrabbyPatty
perfect

"We may not be perfect, but we're perfect for each other." Navy Seal Ryan Orson and game programmer Josiah Simmons may seem to be an unlikely pair, but despite everything Ryan and Josiah ARE perfect for one another. Annabeth Albert does a beautiful job of showing all the hard work, and hard truths each man has to deal with along the way to their HEA.

Josiah and Ryan meet aboard a flight to Washington D.C. which is redirected to St. Louis due to bad weather. As they disembark, Josiah abruptly real
Alisa

This was one the best books I've read in awhile. Josiah is a video game programmer who typically does pretty well but he struggles with severe ADHD and it's something he has had to work to deal with. On a flight to a meeting for his job, Josiah ends up seated next to Ryan. Ryan is a Navy SEAL and he has recently suffered a severe injury. His career is on hold as he works through physical therapy and treatments. Ryan's entire focus is getting back to a place where he can have his career
~Kristin~
Feb 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 **Naked Twister** Stars
This was by far my favorite of the series. I will admit I usually steer clear of stories that center around soldiers, especially injured in the line of duty soldiers, because my heart is such a weak thing it has a hard time dealing with a the feels this subject inflicts. I'm so glad I didn't realize this was the case, having pre-ordered and not pre-read the description I started this book blind, it was such a touching story. I really appreciated the way their story was
Elle aka Leftie aka Shoebelle
*ARC received from publisher via Netgalley*

The 3rd standalone book in this series, it’s Josiah turn with Ryan.

Josiah met Ryan by pure coincidence on a plane, and thanks to a diverted trip, they ended up spending a night somewhere. A friendship was born but who are they kidding, it is more than that. As this is part of #gaymers series, gaming plays a big part, of course, in how their relationship evolved.

Josiah, dealing with his ADHD, may lack the necessary filters in his communication but at l
Jewel
Oct 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
My favorite of the series!
Meags
3.5 Stars

This is a sweet hurt/comfort story, featuring a geeky gamer with ADHD and an injured but determined navy SEAL who is on the mend after a mission gone awry.

This story is slightly angstier in tone than its series predecessors, mainly due to the heavier themes and meatier content explored within.

Josiah is my favourite character within this series (so far), and as such, I thoroughly relished finally getting his focus story.

Unfortunately, I never really warmed to Ryan. There is no doubt t
Nazanin
May 22, 2019 marked it as dnf
DNF at 24%. I didn't feel any chemistry between the MCs.
Vallie
EDIT Sep 2016: writing the review got me so pumped for this I gotta do a re-read!

YES! Straight to my top favourites of 2016!

Annabeth Albert has gone above and beyond with this series and every book seems to be getting better than the one before. In Connection error, the angst is a palpable thing, interspersed with glorious chemistry between Ryan and Josiah, and emotions galore. Recipe for success!

Josiah is a nerdy gamer with ADHD who cannot filter things that come out of his mouth. This
Tamika♥RBF MOOD♥

I was literally like this the entire time with Ryan!!!! GAH!!!!  Annabeth, why did you do this to me? I was on an extreme high from Beta Test and you give me this ANGST FEST!!!

I get the hives with to much angst, and for some folks this might be just for them. At the end of the story, I'm still not sold on Ryan. Book three is way, way, way more angstier then the other two. They were both my kind of feel good love stories. This was a good hurt/comfort, but I can't be happy because I feel like I do
Amanda
4.5 'so good' stars

Oh man. This is exactly the kind of book that guarantee to cheer me up if I'm in a funky mood. There is just simply no way any reader can keep a straight face when they read about Josiah and his antics. Definitely a reread material for all the laughter, sweetness and love that it provides me.

Josiah is a video game programmer who has ADHD. He is constantly jumpy, restless, forgetful and talk without much filter. He just got a new role as a team lead, but lacking in some leaders
Jaime
5 Perfect Stars

This was an Amazing story and I quickly fell in love with Ryan and Josiah and have a new appreciation for Naked Twister!

maths_twister_game

Annabeth Albert has proven to me that she can write stories that are deeply emotional, perfectly romantic, and hot as hell - yes, she clicks all my boxes on what makes a perfect story!

So, if you have not read the first two stories in this series - while I really think you should because they are amazing, you can totally understand this book with out them. It s
Line
I pre-ordered this book as soon as the release date was announced, and finally the day arrived where we got Josiah's story.

I loved the first two books in this series, and they have been re-read a few times already.
So we met Josiah in Beta Test, where he stepped in it with Ravi and Tristan. And I have to say I love Josiah! My favorite type of character is the bumbling, rambling geek, who lacks a sense of decorum and Josiah is just that. He has a severe case of ADHD and a no-brain-to-mouth-filter
Josy
Thank you to my mysterious gifter from the Secret Santa gift exchange!! Can't wait to read this one :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~ 4.5 stars ~
Rounded up to 5 stars because geeky nerd + brawny navy SEAL + Labrador puppy = YES!!!

My favorite book in the series remains the first one but this came pretty close!

Despite the instant attraction, it wasn't insta-love. Quite the opposite actually. Josiah's and Ryan's relationship was a slow and steady progress from friendship to love. The
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

I've enjoyed every book in Annabeth Albert's Gaymers series and while I liked Connection Error for me it didn't work quite as well as the other books in this series. That being said there was a lot I liked about this book; the way these two met and became friends despite the missteps was interesting, their very different occupations and where they were in their lives added a lot of interest and the many obstacles they had to overcome set up the story nicely. What didn't work fo

• Come What May (All Saints, #1)
  • Empty Net (Scoring Chances, #4)
  • Breakaway (Scoring Chances, #1)
  • Goalie Interference (Hat Trick, #2)
  • Power Play (Scoring Chances, #3)
  • Lonely Hearts (Love Lessons, #3)
  • A Fortunate Blizzard
  • Clear Water
  • Virgin Flyer
  • Daily Grind (Takeover, #4)
  • Game Changer (Game Changers, #1)
  • Off the Ice  (Hat Trick, #1)
  • Coach's Challenge (Scoring Chances, #5)
  • Save of the Game (Scoring Chances, #2)
  • Heated Rivalry (Game Changers, #2)
  • Fever Pitch (Love Lessons, #2)
  • Blindsided (Fake Boyfriend #4)
  • Trick Play (Fake Boyfriend, #2)
Frequent tweeter, professional grammar nerd, and obsessive reader, Annabeth Albert is also a Pacific Northwest romance writer in a variety of subgenres.

Emotionally complex, sexy, and funny stories are her favorites both to read and to write. In between searching out dark heroes to redeem, she works a rewarding day job and wrangles two toddlers.

#gaymers (5 books)
  • Status Update (#gaymers, #1)
  • Beta Test (#gaymers, #2)
  • Holiday Escape (#gaymers #2.5)
  • Tease Me (#gaymers, #3.6)