Jump to ratings and reviews

Muscles: Testing and Function, with Posture and Pain

This renowned classic provides unparalleled coverage of manual muscle testing, plus evaluation and treatment of faulty and painful postural conditions. The thoroughly updated Fifth Edition is completely reorganized and has new, expanded treatment and exercise sections in each chapter. Other features include a new section on post-polio syndrome, additional case studies comparing Guillain-Barré to polio muscle tests, a new full-color design, and a first-of-its-kind chart of upper extremity articulations.

A bonus Primal Anatomy CD-ROM contains a three-dimensional interactive model of the human body. Students can rotate the model and add or subtract layers of anatomy to strengthen their knowledge.

560 pages, Hardcover

3 books1 follower

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
6 (2%)
1 star
3 (1%)
Displaying 1 - 5 of 5 reviews
Profile Image for Meca'Ayo.
Author 1 book39 followers
June 29, 2012
I just perused this book at my Massage Therapy Internship. The information contained here is the link I have been looking for to bridge my knowledge between massage therapy and yoga teacher training.

The language of this book is clear even when very detailed information is relayed. There are many illustrations, many of which are based on photographs which help the reader/practitioner see the muscles superficially and then internally, as well. The illustrations and photographs are placed side by side.

I look forward to finding this book again and studying it as it will help me make sense of certain issues for clients, such as how to stretch the iliopsoas without compounding any lower back issues, or how to stretch the IT band, despite the hamstrings or other leg muscles getting in the way.

The information contained in this text book is more than practical and easily applied. It surpasses (in my book) Stretching Anatomy and Yoga Anatomy for the needs that I am beginning to have fulfilled in order to help my clients, even when they are not having a massage session with me.
Profile Image for Chris.
159 reviews49 followers
October 9, 2012
This book is a real savior!
If you're a physio student, you probably have to work with Palastanga and Clarkson and while both books are good, some will find this one and the way the information is structure real helpful!
It's a real jew when it comes to muscles.
I, personally don't own a copy (it's hard to find cheap copy), but I intend to keep it throughout the whole year.
Profile Image for Sebastien.
14 reviews1 follower
November 25, 2014
Good book overall for general correctives, though for the average undergraduate/interested trainer, I find the exercise sections to correcting misalignments and/or strnegth & length issues lacking both exercise quantity and descriptive details on proper execution. Having said that, if you have understanding of proper movement, it is a "great recipe book for chefs."
Displaying 1 - 5 of 5 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.