Start by marking “Make Today Count: The Secret of Your Success Is Determined by Your Daily Agenda” as Want to Read:
Make Today Count: The Secret of Your Success Is Determined by Your Daily Agenda

Make Today Count: The Secret of Your Success Is Determined by Your Daily Agenda

(Successful People)

Drawing from the text of the Business Week bestseller Today Matters, this condensed, revised edition boils down John C. Maxwell's 12 daily practices to their very essence, giving maximum impact in minimal time. Presented in a quick-read format, this version is designed to be read cover to cover in one sitting or taken in as brief lessons in a few spare minutes each day. It ...more
Published June 11th 2008 by Center Street (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Make Today Count, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Make Today Count

Start your review of Make Today Count: The Secret of Your Success Is Determined by Your Daily Agenda
Wayne C Anderson
Feb 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Another perspective changing and setting view of life. Your life. You are in control of your life and this book helps you take the controls and set your course for do whats important. Consume this book and you will love the results. Make it happen.
Patricia Magdalena
Oct 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is my new ultimate favorite self development book.

Maxwell organized and delivered his points very well. Each point's expanation was short and straight to the point but with enough real life example. I like how Maxwell gave his own stories as examples.

His points were very much applicable to our own lives and he also provided us tips on how to apply them. Overall, I think this book was really enjoyable to read. I can definitely see myself re-reading this book in the future!
Zakhia
Apr 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I advice it for everyone who is seeking change.
Rehman Elahi
Jan 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
An amazing book that provides guidance & help in performing daily, day to day task.I suggest everybody should keep this book. ...more
Michelle-Ashley Ellerington
Very preachy and over the top. DNF around chapter 4. I would not reccommend at all, there are a lot of other books that are better.
Sir Readalot
Jan 29, 2020 rated it did not like it

Let's play the self help bingo!

• Giving obvious advices ✓

• Writing the same BS ✓

• Talking about discipline and it's importance ✓

• Throwing the term "positive attitude" every now and then ✓

• "Power of positive thinking" ✓

• More obvious shit on finances, for eg: "reduce your debt" (yes, that's a direct quote) , which makes you go "oh rEaLly"

Seriously, Fuck this book.
MariaK
Aug 31, 2014 rated it it was ok
Nothing to write home about. Just an OK book. I wasn't inspired like other reviewers were and I didn't learn anything new. I found that the book had some good pieces of advice but they were more like reminders of things we already know, e.g. that it is important to stay healthy and exercise, that we should take some time each day to relax and think, etc.
Patti
Oct 20, 2008 rated it it was ok
Shelves: non-fiction
I just started this yesterday, still in chapter one, can't wait to get home and read some more!
David Rosage
Jul 28, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Great book... I could not put it down! For anyone looking to reshape their life this is an excellent read.
Shane
Jan 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
very applicable, and gives a basic method to do so.
after more thought, the true value here lies in the ability to adapt this method to your personal values, and reflect and revise over time.
Gabe Wood
Sep 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Biggest takeaways: He was very focused on his family and the quality of his marriage. I loved that he said he would save the fun details about life to tell his wife because he found that he wasn't as excited to tell her fun news if he had already told 3 people at work before he got home.

Strengths. I am a huge proponent of focusing on your strengths. I do believe working on your weaknesses can be beneficial but just simply spending too much time thinking about your weaknesses can only damage. The
Ali Hamade
Apr 08, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: english-reads
DNF at 82 ! this book is just a waste of time with all due respect to the author , and the average of 4 stars rating is just hilarious !?!? ughhhh ..... where should i start... i didn't benefit from this self-improvement book in any aspect ,why? the writer pointed out obvious answers that , any 15 y.o teenager must know as basics >>> like (how to think --> think positive / how to improve your financial stat --> just be a good earner and reduce the debts ) .... i mean is he serious ( lol idk why ...more
Etenwa Manuel
Apr 13, 2018 rated it liked it
"You can't tell the people you love how much you love them too often."

"But a marriage can't survive forever on leftovers."

"The problem most people have is that they want things to stay the same yet also get better."

This is a pretty good book that highlights on the importance of changing small aspects of our lives daily to achieve maximum results. It divides into twelve 'decisions' that should be made daily in order to make everyday count. For a person not overall enthralled by motivational book
Hannah
Jan 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Read this for church. We were reading a chapter a week and discussing it on Thursday evenings.

Overall, I enjoyed this read. Some great tips in it on how to be successful, mostly in everyday life. I myself, have recently been trying to be more motivated and more intentional in my day-to-day living. This book was a great encouragement.

It wasn't life changing in the sense of it hitting you with huge revelations, but it did offer smaller ones.

Very good read, and I highly recommend it. It's a grea
Angela
Jan 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is excellent! If you want to know what it takes to become a good leader, don't want to get bogged doen by a lot of heavy material, and want something practical, then this is the book for you! It took me a month because of my work schedule and some health setbacks but This is a quick read and worth every bit of your time! Any leader, or someone who wants to learn what it means to be one should get this book!
Joalan Loraine
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book will help you break down your goals and putting them into action. Focusing on your day to day values, attitude, how you look at life and making sure you will achieve your goal.

All you have to do is put it in a paper and do them, everyday until those things become your habit.

Can’t wait for my goals to succeed!
fiona Gwaze
Jul 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An interesting read

This book is packed with ideas and suggestions on how to be effective in managing your day and future. I especially like the practical questions at the end of each sections to guide you in applying what you have learnt.
Michael Jarman
Aug 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book provides a great framework by which you can start shaping your daily routines. my main takeaway was that for each of your values you must make a specific decision on what you can do each day to live that value.
Melissa
Jul 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
JC Maxwell always delivers. He sets clear and concise goals and plans. This is definitely a book to keep around to read again and again. I do wish he would talk more about execution of a few things, but that's in another book he has. it would just be nice to have it all in one. Great book overall.
Ghia Arroyo
Jan 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Given by a mentor this book taught me some new concepts and ideas that I applied to my daily life. As always Maxwell is excellent when sharing examples or testimonies that I can relate to. The biggest take from I can take from this book if the Growth and Value chapters.
Pete Klein
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book contains 12 effective strategies to improving you life each and every day. The key is to think of your 10-12 most impactful behaviors that will move the needle, and them practice them everyday. It's a short book, but chalk full of valuable ideas.
Silvia
Apr 12, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: habits
It has a clear structure to make decisions and key actions to get the discipline. The questions at the end of each chapter are the same for all. It is important to put it in practice.

The conclusions are not as thoughtful as the rest of the book.
Fintan Ndinya
Nov 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Nice book on how to manage your day's affairs.
Alynn
Feb 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
An easy read. Short and clear thoughts. Easy to follow through.
Carl McKever
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Outstanding lessons about changing your perspective about today and understanding the power of your significance in each day. Life-changing, worth the buy, and a great gift to share with friends.
Daniel TheCreator
Aug 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Quick read for a mind to seek success in every area of life (:
Bart Mebel
Nov 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: self-development, own
great book to help reinforce the daily process to become your best self
Sharon
Dec 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
"The secret of your success is determined by your daily agenda."
Aubree
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: motivation-life
While there were a few good points and great quotes, I found most of the book was things I already knew due to Bible principles. It was a quick read.
Tiffany
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read one of John's "Daily Dozen" every day for 12 days. This would make a great gift for a graduate or a friends' 50th birthday party (totally did this).
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Quick and Easy Way to Effective Speaking
  • QBQ! The Question Behind the Question: Practicing Personal Accountability in Work and in Life
  • The Go-Getter (a Story That Tells You How to Be One)
  • The Secret: What Great Leaders Know - And Do
  • As a Man Thinketh
  • The Fred Factor: How passion in your work and life can turn the ordinary into the extraordinary
  • Napoleon Hill's Keys to Success: The 17 Principles of Personal Achievement
  • Free to Focus: A Total Productivity System to Achieve More by Doing Less
  • Act Like a Success, Think Like a Success
  • Limitless: Core Techniques to Improve Performance, Productivity, and Focus
  • My Summer of Magic Moments
  • The Go-Giver: A Little Story About a Powerful Business Idea
  • Zero-Time Selling: 10 Essential Steps To Accelerate Every Company's Sales
  • The 80/20 Principle: The Secret to Achieving More with Less
  • How to Invest in Real Estate: The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Getting Started
  • Crazy in Love at the Lonely Hearts Bookshop (Lonely Hearts Bookshop, #3)
  • Secrets of the World Class by Steve Siebold
John C. Maxwell is an internationally recognized leadership expert, speaker, and author who has sold over 16 million books. His organizations have trained more than 2 million leaders worldwide. Dr. Maxwell is the founder of EQUIP and INJOY Stewardship Services. Every year he speaks to Fortune 500 companies, international government leaders, and audiences as diverse as the United States Military Ac ...more

Successful People (6 books)
  • How Successful People Think: Change Your Thinking, Change Your Life
  • How Successful People Lead: Taking Your Influence to the Next Level
  • How Successful People Grow: 15 Ways to Get Ahead in Life
  • How Successful People Win: Turn Every Setback into a Step Forward
  • What Successful People Know About Leadership

News & Interviews

“When you accomplish something that you once believed was impossible, it makes you a new person. It changes the way you see yourself and the world.” 1 likes
“Piense, actúe, hable y compórtese como la persona que quiere llegar a ser” 1 likes