Start by marking “Conscious Femininity: Interviews With Marion Woodman (Studies in Jungian Psychology By Jungian Analysts, 58)” as Want to Read:

Conscious Femininity: Interviews With Marion Woodman

(Studies in Jungian Psychology by Jungian Analysts #58)

4.48  ·  Rating details ·  97 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Candid and wide-ranging interviews dating from 1985 through 1992 with the best-selling author and Jungian analyst, Marion Woodman. Touches on sexuality, creativity, relationships, addictions, healing, rituals, and the environment.
Published January 1st 1993 by Inner City Books

To ask other readers questions about Conscious Femininity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Conscious Femininity

Roger Buck
Jul 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Beautiful from a beautiful author, who touched my soul forever when I was fortunate enough to do a weekend with her ...

Strange recommendation. It seems to me that, also in working with Jung and Sophia, Valentin Tomberg did something very profound in his extroardinary masterpiece Meditations on the Tarot that prefigures Woodman, in certain ways at least. My review of that book here:

Carol Watt
Feb 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Simply outstanding. The importance of Marion Woodman's work in the domain of sacred feminine consciousness cannot be overestimated.
Melissa Martell
Apr 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Becoming aware of your feminine energy, keeping it balanced with the masculine. This is important for women yes, but also for men.
Woodman is a Jungian analysis so some of the imagery and interpretation may not make immediate sense to some, but fascinating none the less.
Jen Francis
Oct 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
In a world so dogmatically masculine, it's interesting and refreshing to read how the feminine aspect of the soul can and ought to filter into lifestyle and being to lead a whole and fulfilling existence.
Sandy
Jun 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing book by Woodman - her words change my perspective on lif!
Cristy
Jun 27, 2015 added it
Absolutely changes the way I see myself and women. Has changed my life since I've read this book
Karen
Sep 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Simply brilliant. I had my highlighter out but gave up as I was just highlighting nearly every line. Powerful , insightful, nourishing, enlightening wisdom from a true wise woman.
Rain Jewelle Martin
Rachel Heart
Mar 29, 2014
Alexis
Aug 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I pick this interview up every once in awhile and it always does the trick.
Lia
Sep 09, 2012
Brian Falk
May 14, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Marion Woodman was a Canadian mythopoetic author and women's movement figure. She was a Jungian analyst trained at the C. G. Jung Institute in Zürich, Switzerland. She was one of the most widely read authors on feminine psychology, focusing on psyche and soma. She was also an international lecturer and poet. Her collection of audio and visual lectures, correspondence, and manuscripts are housed at ...more

Studies in Jungian Psychology by Jungian Analysts (1 - 10 of 132 books)
  • Alcoholism and Women: The Background and the Psychology
  • The Illness That We Are: A Jungian Critique of Christianity
  • Vertical Labyrinth: Individuation in Jungian Psychology (Studies in Jungian Psychology by Jungian Analysts, 20)
  • The Spiral Way: A Woman's Healing Journey
  • When the Spirits Come Back (Studies in Jungian Psychology By Jungian Analysts, 33)
  • The Mother: Archetypal Image in Fairytales (Studies in Jungian Psychology By Jungian Analysts, 34)
  • Acrobats of the Gods: Dance and Transformation
  • Eros and Pathos: Shades of Love and Suffering (Studies in Jungian Psychology by Jungian Analysts, 40)
  • The Dream Story (Studies in Jungian Psychology by Jungian Analysts, 44)
  • Saturday's Child: Encounters With the Dark Gods (Studies in Jungian Psychology by Jungian Analysts, 51)
“William Blake says the body is 'that portion of soul discerned by the five senses” 2 likes
“To me, real love, the move from power to love, involves immense suffering. Any creative work comes from that level, where we share our sufferings, just the sheer suffering of being human. And that's where the real love is.” 2 likes