Start by marking “Valor on the Move (Valor, #1)” as Want to Read:
Valor on the Move (Valor, #1)

Valor on the Move

(Valor #1)

He’d give his life to protect the president’s son. But he never expected to risk his heart.

Growing up gay in the White House hasn’t been easy for Rafael Castillo. Codenamed “Valor” by the Secret Service, Rafa feels anything but brave as he hides in the closet and tries to stay below the radar in his last year of college. His father’s presidency is almost over, and he just
Published September 9th 2015 by KA Books (first published September 7th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Valor on the Move, please sign up.
Jo-Anne I didn't think the age difference was a problem. The older man was concerned about it but not the younger guy so it wasn't much of an issue in the…moreI didn't think the age difference was a problem. The older man was concerned about it but not the younger guy so it wasn't much of an issue in the story.

I thought they would have had different interests based on their ages and that might have made them not compatible but that wasn't a problem.

I wasn't concerned with their age difference because the author made it pretty much a non-issue.(less)

Start your review of Valor on the Move (Valor, #1)
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
I didn't want this book to end. Damn but Keira Andrews knocked this one out of the park!

Valor on the Move is intense, suspenseful, a little sad, and hella romantic.

Take one Secret Service agent: serious, dedicated, and loyal, but also scarred by past hurts.

Add a 21-year-old president's son, the forgotten one, yearning to be free of his father's ambitions, wanting to follow his heart's desires far away from the White House.

Throw in political intrigue & danger, double-crossing agents, a
Gigi
WARNING: Dissenting opinion ahead!

ohno

This is a very good book folks. Ms. Andrews is in top form, like she always is. The characters are fleshed out and interesting, and book has little to no errors in editing, the pace was perfect and the plot was easy to follow. But, here comes my but... I had a real problem with the inappropriateness of the relationship.

sideeye

The president's son, Rafa AKA Valor, is 21 years old. Physically 21 meaning he has been on this earth for 21 years. Mentally and emotionally, he
wesley
"Nothing wrong with someone younger or older bringing a different perspective to a person's life. A new energy. Isn't that what it's all about? Finding people who make our lives better? Friends, lovers, whatever. People who wake us the fuck up."
valor

The storyline – the president’s son and his Secret Service agent falling in forbidden love with one another – in itself is already a winner. Factor in the aspect of age difference – barely legal Rafa and nearly-two-decades-older Shane, an intense

~Mindy Lynn~
This could have easily been a 2 star book for me. And seeing all the 4/5 stars kind of makes me wish I was joking but...

I honestly really didn't care for the book.

I KNOW! I wanted to love it like all the cool kids (LOL) but unfortunately I'm stuck being the awkward loner this time around.

I read all the glowing reviews and I couldn't wait to get my hands on this one. And then... Then it just felt like I was making myself finish it. And we all know that reading for fun and pleasure (and
.Lili.
Aug 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
IT'S LIVE!

photo image.jpg1_zpstpkw4hw8.jpg

Valor on the Move is the story, Rafa and Shane. Rafa is the twenty-one-year-old son of the president who has big plans for his life once his father's presidency is over. Shane is a thirty-nine year old secret service man assigned to protect Rafa. Due to their circumstances and their 18 year age difference it would seem that their friendship wouldn't go further than Rafa's one-sided crush.

photo http3A2F2F38.media.tumblr.com2Fbf8e171f34df1598c8760d6241da13fd2Ftumblr_mz5k86uxNt1seggnio1_500_zpsbvbdaenk.gif

What I loved:

*Rafa. He was so sweet and selfless, but
Nick Pageant
Aug 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
Everything I could want in a book. Sexy, funny, sweet, exciting. All around great reading.

Rafa was so sweet and innocent, but with a truly filthy mind. Just what a person wants in a virgin.

Shane was... Jason Statham. Just what I want in a boyfriend.

Nick is satisfied.

description

Lyn
8/14/19 – reread via audio

I loved this book the first time I read it, and I love it even more now after listening to the audio performance of Iggy Toma.

When I first read this book the lack of an epilogue left me a bit frustrated. It didn’t help that the slow burn in this story required a certain amount of patience on my part. So, my original score was 4.5 stars. Had a known there was going to be a book 2, it would have been 5 + stars. And book 2 not only makes up for the lack of epilogue but
Shile
Audiobook - 4 stars

Story 2.75 stars

This was just ok.

MC 1 - Rafe - President's son

MC2- Shane - The bodyguard.

Rafe is 21 years, cute and adorkable. To me he sounded 21 going on 17 going on 87.

Shane is 39 years, he was just ok , your typical book bodyguard, protect and die for the protectee at all costs.

The relationship was a bit Insta, i was not given time to feel them fall in love. I couldn't buy it 100%.

It was a bit OTT and had some soapy moments, the action was ridiculous. Anyhoo don't mind
Dalia
Aug 18, 2015 rated it really liked it

Rafael Castillo, codenamed “Valor”, is a gay man growing up in the White House. He has always kept his head down, so no one would thought much about him and notice the real him. Since his father’s presidency is almost over, he can't come out to his conservative parents just yet, but he has a plan. Rafa and his best friend Ashleigh, who's a closeted lesbian, pretend to be dating and they plan their breakup for after the new president’s inauguration. After that Rafa will finally be free and will
Keira Andrews
I'm a big fan of forbidden love, so with the age difference and the fact that Shane is a Secret Service agent and Rafa his "protectee," this book was great fun to write! I did a lot of research on the Secret Service, White House, and first families, but of course there's always room for a little creative license. For instance, most SS agents probably aren't as hot as Shane. ;)

This book will be available September 9, 2015, at all sellers. Hope you enjoy it!
Ingie
Review written May 28, 2016

4 Stars - Oh yes, this sweetie M/M made me very happy. Good-read applause!!

Curious, a topic with a President son and a 18 years older Secret Service agent sounds yummy. — Keira Andrews M/M romances are most often great reads for me (three 5 stars of four possible so far). Let's see about this one. There are a bunch of various opinions from my friends.
 photo image_zpsovlbyfti.png

Yay, Valor on the move is good stuff
Thoroughly recommended when you need something fairly quick read with cute
Amy
Aug 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I’m giving this one all the stars! I’d give it more than 5 if I could. Definitely one of my top 10 favorite reads this year! There is no way you can’t fall in love with Rafa.

Rafael Castillo is the 21-year-old son of the President of the United States. He’s back living in the White House for the summer before heading to UVA for his senior year in the fall. He’s a good kid and definitely the favorite among the Secret Service agents. Nicknamed “mouse,” he’s quiet and respectful and does whatever
Susan
Aug 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: hurt-comfort, mm, age-gap
I tried to re-read this since I wanted to read the sequel, but I couldn't get into it at all. I was really missing some chemistry between Shane and Rafa. Perhaps I'll try again later, when I'm more in the mood. For now I'm leaving my original review.

--------------------------

Such a lovely book.

Rafa is the president’s son. Gay, but the only one who knows is his fake girlfriend, Ashleigh.

Rafa falls for his bodyguard Shane, a secret service agent, 18 years older than Rafa.

I really liked this one.
Sheziss
***DNF page 138 out of 269***

Not bad. Just boring. Just not for me.

I was really looking forward to reading this one. A Keira Andrews book with awesome reviews? I’m in.

I’m the only one among my friends who decided to DNF it. So it’s safe to say mine is quite a dissenting opinion.

I’ve read a few books with bodyguards and I have to say that Close Protection is the best I’ve read so far. In both the protectee is 10 years younger (or more) than the bodyguard. In both there is this “forbidden” love
Catherine
*** 4.5 Stars ****

Keira Andrews can really do no wrong in my eyes - that was everything I could possibly have wanted from a book with a bodyguard/protectee trope!
Leta Blake
Aug 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book! It's sexy and fun, fast-paced and charming. This is one of those books that hits all the buttons: age difference, power difference, closeted and not-closeted, and some action thrown in for good measure. Rafa is the son of the first Republican Latino president of the United States and his family has a lot to lose if he comes out of the closet. Shane is the older, out-for-years Secret Service agent assigned to protect him. YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NEXT! And it's smoking' ...more
Rosalinda *KRASNORADA*

This one didn't wow me so you better check all those great reviews out there. Most of my buddies loved it so this is probably a case of it's-me-not-you book ;)
* A Reader Obsessed *
3.5 Stars

Ok. I admit the plausibility of the entire premise of this book is low. It's not perfect, but I still felt it was a very romantic fairy tale.

Though Rafa is quite young and inexperienced in life and love in general, it does not mitigate his growing feelings towards his bodyguard. I really liked the angst he goes through - those feelings of doubt and insecurity and unworthiness. I appreciated how he grows into himself, and knows/realizes what he wants and what he wants is Shane.

Jewel
ARC of Valor on the Move provided by the author in exchange for an honest review. This review has been cross-posted at Reviews by Jessewave

Rafa Castillo is the very closeted 21 year old son of a conservative republican president. He's made it his mission, until his father is out of office, to fly under the radar and fade into the background. No trouble, no shenanigans, nada. Oh, sorry, no Spanish, either. And that is at his mother's insistence. Though they are Latino, his parents have eschewed
Elsbeth

BR, September 9th with Julie, Nathan, Momo and Marte.

So I read this in one sitting!!! It ticked all my happy boxes..

description

Sweet, innocent Rafa.. Rafaël, the President's son is home for a few months and two new secret agents are assigned to him.
Rafa is deep in the closet. Nobody but his best friend knows he's gay. He's planning to come out to his family when his father's time as president is done.
Then he'll be free to finally live the life he wants.

Rafa is crushing for this new secret agent Shane.

The
Ele
*3.5 stars*

Stories about forbidden love and the bodyguard-protectee theme are among my favourites, so this was right up my alley.

Rafa is the son of the US President. He's gay, but decided to stay in the closet for seven more months, until the new president’s inauguration, and then come out. And then he meets his new Secret Service agent...

There were a lot of things I liked in this story.

The plot itself is quite interesting, it's rare that we get to read MM romance stories that unfold in the
Jay Northcote
Feb 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was wonderful in every way. It ticked all my boxes for swoonworthy romance. I went in with dangerously high expectations because I love Keira's books, and the blurb sounded amazing (age gap, bodyguard/protectee trope? Hell yes). I'm very happy to report that the story totally lived up to it :) Highly recommended.
Susan
Aug 23, 2015 rated it really liked it

I can’t imagine how difficult it would be to write a book set in the White House. I’ve read a few and never found any to be that believable. This one…this one I can get behind. I mean, I can’t exactly vouch for how accurate it is, but it felt true…it felt like it’s how life in the White House could be. And I was definitely sold!

Rafa is the youngest son to the sitting President of the US. He’s the quiet one. The causes-no-trouble one. The in-the-closet one. He’s sweet, shy, awkward, and adorable.
BWT (Belen)
3.9 stars rounded up to 4

Engaging, sexy, and exciting with just a soupçon of intrigue, this was an enjoyable romance with a sweet HFN.

I-like-it

I liked the slow burn and the way their sexy times were handled. I liked how Andrews resolved Shane's issue of falling for his charge. Finally, I liked how the intrigue/conflict was resolved in the end. And I loved the feelz. Oh, yes...it's Keira Andrews, folks, you didn't think you were getting out without some feelz, did you? (view spoiler)
Trisha Harrington
New Keira Andrews! Woohoo!

LOVED IT!

Review to follow.
Nat ReadingAllNite
So glad I read this

I'd read a couple of Keira Andrews books and when I read the blurb and reviews, I had to get it. Just an awesome story. Just a tiny bit slow to start but it was great character building. The time Rafa and Shane spent together was actually sparse and we didn't get to see a lot of it. But at least they did have some time to get to know each other and develop feelings.

There were some great points made that really highlighted the damage that is done to fulfill some political
Katrina Passick Lumsden
Dec 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Damn, damn, damn. Love this one. It didn't hit me in the feels quite as hard as I'd have liked, hence only four stars, but everything else is here. There's great dialogue, sweet romance, an interesting and somewhat unique premise, a sizable age difference (I'm particularly fond), realistic obstacles, suspense, emotional growth, and likable characters. Andrews appears to just be getting better and better, and she's slowly made her way onto my Favorite Authors list.

Edit 4/11/16: I upgraded from
Debra
Originally reviewed at Sinfully... Addicted to All Male Romance

I stayed up late finishing this one. A forbidden flirtation and serious sexual tension between the quiet, closeted, twenty one year old son of the sitting U.S. President and a mild mannered Secret Service Agent who is pushing forty and turns out to be a total badass? I just had to see how it all worked out!

It’s just Rafa’s luck that the new agent assigned to his Secret Service detail happens to be his wet dream come true. All Rafa is
Meags
3.5 Stars

(Predictably) another enjoyable read from the always fabulous Keira Andrews.

I liked the characters and I really enjoyed the premise of the story. The love story portion of the book was engaging and sweet. I loved following Rafa through his “first time” experiences (both emotionally and physically). He was such an innocent, yet endearing character; I couldn’t help but love him and root for his happiness.

This particular story featured heavily on the whole forbidden love thing – whether I
Snjez
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks

I struggled to finish this book.

I failed to connect to the characters and I couldn't feel the emotional connection between them. There was physical attraction, yes, but I didn't find their love believable. The story itself didn't grab me that much because I found it too predictable.

The audio version didn't help either, which is sad because I usually like Iggy Toma. I didn't like the voices he gave to the secondary characters and I really didn't enjoy listening to the dialogues.
The Backlot Gay B...: Valor on the Move by Keira Andrews 1 12 Mar 27, 2016 05:36AM
A new Keira Andrews book to read with friends 21st September! 25 20 Sep 23, 2015 06:14AM

• Not Dead Yet (Not Dead Yet #1)
  • Galaxies and Oceans
  • Rocket Science
  • Strange Bedfellows
  • The Husband Gambit
  • The Wolf at Bay (Big Bad Wolf, #2)
  • Made for You (Love and Family, #2)
  • Private Charter
  • Nova Praetorian
  • Kage Unleashed (Kage Trilogy, #2)
  • The Blueprint (Rules of Possession, #1)
  • Winter Oranges
  • Prince of Killers (Fog City, #1)
  • Rebound (Pucks & Rainbows #1)
  • Truth Will Out (Merrychurch Mysteries, #1)
  • Deke (Fake Boyfriend, #3)
  • Clarity of Lines (Thomas Elkin, #2)
  • Elements of Retrofit (Thomas Elkin, #1)
After writing for years yet never really finding the right inspiration, Keira discovered her voice in gay romance, which has become a passion. She writes contemporary, historical, paranormal and fantasy fiction, and—although she loves delicious angst along the way—Keira firmly believes in happy endings. For as Oscar Wilde once said, “The good ended happily, and the bad unhappily. That is what ...more

Valor (2 books)
  • Test of Valor (Valor, #2)
“You’re not a terrible person. You’re allowed to be happy about a good thing even when other stuff sucks.” 2 likes
“«Ricordati che certe onde… non puoi prenderle. Meglio tuffarcisi in mezzo e aspettarne un’altra. Ce n’è sempre un’altra.»” 0 likes