Start by marking “Talon (Ashes & Embers, #4)” as Want to Read:
Talon (Ashes & Embers, #4)

Talon (Ashes & Embers #4)

4.5  ·  Rating details ·  4,652 Ratings  ·  698 Reviews
DESCRIBE YOUR IDEAL PARTNER:

Caring. Hard-working. A devoted family man, loves kids.
Clean cut, funny, smart, quiet, but a good communicator.

~ Asia Jenson

DESCRIBE YOUR IDEAL PARTNER:

Independent. Tall, blonde, sexy. Outgoing. Intelligent,
neat. Unslutty. Confident. Loves to travel. Committed.

~ Talon Valentine

A SOCIAL EXPERIMENT.

The concept was scary but exciting...

Marry a
Published November 24th 2015 (first published November 22nd 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Talon, please sign up.

Sleepless Readmore
Women are considered fragile
but I’ve never seen anything as easily
wounded as a man’s ego.
FIVE I LOVE THIS #COCKSTAR

Laugh with me, Love with me
No beginning, No end

"You really don't recognize my name?"
He asks in disbelief. "Or me? Come on."
Ah. an ego is emerging, it seems.
"No, I'm sorry."

description

"Marrying you doesn't change who I am."
"No, but it changes who we are together."

So I told myself that I would wait before writing this review to contain all these emotions that are passing through. HOLY F*CK
Mariℓina
Aug 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, favorites
I'm writing this review while tears are streaming down my face, that's how purely in love with this story i am. Talon and Asia stole a part of my heart from the beginning and with every new chapter i fell deeper and deeper.

For me this is clearly one of the best books of 2015. The ultimate romance, with an amazing main couple, great supportive characters, a very original concept and the best part? The writing style is phenomenal.

I love all of Carian Cole's books, Storm was sweet and honest, Vanda
Alp
“You’re my heart’s hero.”

THIS. I’m literally lost for words…

This book grabbed me from the very start and then took me on an emotional roller coaster ride. The story is full of ups and downs, and the fluctuation of feelings I experienced throughout the entire book was too much for me to find the right words to express them here. It’s been a while since a book made me ugly cry. Gosh, I cried like a baby! My heart was broken and many tears were shed while reading this.

Can you imagine yourself mar
TF
Nov 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a unique twist to a Rockstar romance. The MCs join a marriage experiment at the persuasion of Talon’s Mom, who feels it’s time for him to settle down, and Asia’s best friend, who believes it’s time for her to “air out her vag” and make herself available. The experiment requires them to marry a total stranger and for the next 6 months, talk regularly with a relationship coach and document their lives in a journal. At the end of the 6 months, they then decide if they want to continue with ...more
Saffron
Nov 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
LOVED this one! Gah!! I am totally surprised by how much I loved this! Can't stop smiling :D
Floripiquita
May 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
3,5-4. El mejor libro de la serie hasta ahora con diferencia, que además se puede leer como un stand-alone. La sinopsis prometía mucho y no me ha decepcionado. Por obra y gracia de un experimento sociológico, un tatuado y pelilargo guitarrista de un grupo de rock, con un aire al Thor de Chris Hemsworth y al que las fans apodan Cockstar, y una chica todo corazón, con un duro pasado y un presente complicado, acaban casados sin conocerse ni haberse visto previamente. Aunque ninguno es lo que el otr ...more
Sue
Nov 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I have been in absolute awe since the first time I read a Carian Cole book. So far I have read every one she has written to date and after devouring Talon I have to say BRAVO woman...you have matured into quite an amazing storyteller and this one is by far my favorite (and that is saying a lot because I adored all of the boys).
A social experiment to partner up compatible couples (much like you might have seen on a reality tv show), have them get married without knowing anything about each other
Amanda
5 'laughter and tears' stars

This is my first Carian Cole and even being Book 4 of a series, it still can be read as a standalone. From the blurb, there are mentioned of 'social experiment', 'marriage' and 'nightmare'. Honestly, I thought is a dark erotica. But it isn't! Actually is a very sweet and lovely read.

This book has
Love
Tears
Heartache
HEA

First of all, I think the whole idea of they wanting to participant in an expe
Haidoulina
Nov 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
description

I loved this book.... It had everything, humor,love,drama all wrapped up in a perfect package.... Talon and Asia are so perfect together.... I simply loved them....

Snow
Mar 25, 2018 rated it really liked it

Review soon...

This was good...very good...especially cause of the unexpected, refreshing concept of a plot!
Lina's Reviews  ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥ღೋBook Blogღೋ ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥
ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review.
This book tugged on my heartstrings. I cannot compare it with any other book. It was original, refreshing, well written and emotional.
Talon is a member of Ashes & Embers. Women flock him but they never stick around. He is tired of meaningless hook ups. He wants something else.
Asia is struggling to survive but she is a fighter. Her bad luck with men has led her to believe that something is wrong with her. She has tried everything, even dati
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)
No beginning, no end, just now...

I want to say that this is my favorite book in the series, but then I feel that way every time a new one is released. I flove them all. I want to say that this one ripped out my heart more than the others, but then I have flashbacks of being vandalized. Nope, I still can't choose just one, I love them all.

I found myself smiling and laughing a lot at the beginning, as Talon and Asia got to know each other. I was so intrigued by the idea of a blind marriage without
Talia (Red Hot Ink)
Aaaaargh! So much potential, but in the end characters do make or break a book for me, so this was more a miss than a hit.

Still, I'd like ot say that I love Cole's writing style, the A&E family and rock star world/atmosphere. Weirdly enough for me, what I did not like were the main characters. I mean, I liked Asia, but she was the worst possible match for Talon.

So here's my issue with him. At first, I could even excuse his being rude to her, his hurting her feelings because I was expecting s
~ Cariad ~
Oct 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved this book - LOVED - like, soooooo much!

From a few percent in, I was in tears and choking back the odd sob. How rare to say that I could hardly see my Kindle because of crying and rubbing my eyes - I just completely felt this book and Asia's struggle. It was beautifully written as were Talon's struggles later in the story.

The characters, the writing, the story... all awesome, again I've lost sleep for this author! : )

Oh and I loved Pixie too! AND I broke my heart at the real Ta
Ivy Deluca
Full 3 star review & giveaway posted at http://afterdarkbooklovers.com/2015/1...
description
The premise : Can you let someone else pick your HEA and marry them, sight unseen? Arranged marriages are not that common and they are certainly not your usual fare in a rocker romance, so I dove into this one with both feet, much like Talon and Asia did.

Talon, the guitarist for Ashes & Embers, is known as the partying, not-so-small member (yes, in more ways than one) of the band. He’s living the rock &
Jan
Nov 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 Jelly bean stars

Firstly I love discovering new authors so after reading Storm I couldn't wait to read more from Carian Cole, each book is a stand alone and yes they are categorized as a rock star read but focuses more on their personal lives, each is completely different so whether you like Rock-star reads or not it wouldn't matter.
------------------------------------------------

A SOCIAL EXPERIMENT.
The concept was scary but exciting...
Marry a total stranger.
Live together for six months.

Journ
Kristiej
Nov 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I simply CAN NOT get enough of these books by Carian Cole!!! We're up to 5 reads

Still a 5 out of 5, four reads later

I’m so taken with this whole series. This is my third book read and I’ve enjoyed it just as much as the first two books. This one is Talon’s story. He is the youngest Valentine brother. His three older brothers, Asher, Storm and Michah as well as their cousin Vandal and occasionally Lukas are in a rock band, Ember & Ashes. Talon has been into the sex, drugs and rock and roll li
 ~*~Princess Nhya~*~
OMG! I wanna cry so bad.. And I'm trying to hold it in. EVERYTHING about this one, was on point. My heart responded to it all... I don't even think I can articulate my feelings for this one in a way that would do it justice. So, Please just read this one people. And Start at the beginning. I take that back. Start at Lukas' book, like I did, and then go in order. *giggles*

And the real Talon & Asia, actually got a few sobs out of me.

Thanks Carian for penning such a poignant, beautiful story &
Fathima
Nov 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Perfection ! Pure perfection ..... ! This series is love ...... this series is life !
Tricia
Oct 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Talon is part 4 of the Ashes & Embers series and I must say I have not read the first three. I jumped straight to this one because I was intrigued by the blurb. And it was my favourite cover of the four books.

Asia Jensen has been unlucky. She had a traumatic upbringing with all sorts of major drama and now that she's free of all that, her love life is practically non-existent. But she tells herself it doesn’t matter because she is completely focused on making ends meet by working hard in her
Yiota Misiou
Sep 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Άλλη μια υπέροχη ιστορία της σειράς Ashes and Embers. Δεν λείπει τίποτα από αυτό το βιβλίο!!!
Περιμένω το επόμενο και είμαι σίγουρη πως Carian Cole δεν θα με απογοητεύσει...
Tiffany Readz
Nov 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Every time I read a book in this series I think I've found my favorite Valentine. Storm, Vandal, Lukas and now Talon? There is no way to chose a favorite, so far I love all of the Valentine boys.

Again we are introduced to a member of the rock band Ashes to Embers, Talon, the youngest brother of the Valentine family. I was instantly drawn to the premise of this book and wondered if Carian Cole was going to be able to pull it off, which she did. Beautifully I might add. At first read, the book fee
Michelle
May 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Okay, so onto book four of the Ashes & Embers series.

From the description of Talon's book I was intrigued. It's obvious from the onset of his book, that he wants more than just a roll in the sheets - that he wants love. But the problem with Talon is, that he keeps looking in ALL the WRONG places. When offered a chance at partaking in a social experiment that is expected to find your perfect match, pair you off and oh, yeah. Marry them. Without meeting them first.

For Asia, the money you get
Lea ★
Dec 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: lovers of bad boys, musicians/rock gods
6 STARS!!!

This book goes straight to my favourites!
AMAZING!
I love Carian Cole writing, and I really enjoyed all books in this series, but this one is hands down, the best of them all!
I am completely in love.

Highly recommended!!!!
Nance
So freakin' amazing! This was a solid 5 star read for me, and Carian Cole just rocks it again! Loved both main characters and the storyline just pulled me in totally!!!

Full review to be written soon...
Cécile
Jan 10, 2016 rated it liked it
3.5
Un très bon moment. Talon est un héros très drôle qui m'a bien fait marrer avec ses remarques d'obsédé :-) (le début m'a fait explosé de rire).
Il m'a un peu fait penser à Mal dans la série Stage Dive de Kylie Scott.
L'héroine, Asia, est un peu agaçante par moment même si au final j'ai compris chacune de ses réactions que je trouve assez réalistes (jalousie et autre...).
L'histoire, enfin, est super originale. Des personnes qui répondent à des questions, des psychologues et autres professionne
Nadine
Jan 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Die aus einfachen Verhältnissen stammende Asia nimmz an einem Experiment teil: Ihr soll der perfekte Partner ausgesucht werden, den sie dann ohne vorheriges Kennenlernen heiraten soll. Nach 6 Monaten können die beiden sich dann entscheiden, ob sie zusammen bleiben sollen, oder nicht.
Ihr schwant bereits komisches, als sie den Gang zum Altar entlangschreitet und auf der Seite des Bräutigams fast ausschließlich langhaarige Rocker sitzen. Sie fällt dann noch mehr aus allen Wolken, als klar wird, das
Sultry Steamy Reading
I received an ARC of this book from Give Me Books in exchange for an honest review and as part of the book's release promotions.

The first book I read in this series was Vandal's, and I loved that book. There was a darkness and a sweetness to it that reminded me of a KA novel, and I am open about how much I love KA. Anyway, back to this series, when I found myself loving Vandal, I just had to find a way to go back and read Storm and Lukas' book.

After I've read all four books, I just can't say wh
Soonya
While this heroine wasn't my favorite, the author has incredible way with words. I loved their connection, the premise of the story and how gone those two were for each other. It was my first book by this author, and I'm curious to read others.

Safe in my opinion.
Virginia Hill
Oh my God, this story! It was perfect and I loved it SO much! ❤ Be the moon...*sniffs* ...more
Do you think this story did Talon justice? 3 46 May 19, 2017 09:39AM
Ashes & Embers Ba...: Thomas Gunter: Cover model for Talon 14 44 Dec 08, 2015 10:47AM
Bargain Basement: $20 Amazon Gift Card 1 5 Nov 25, 2015 01:53PM
Bargain Basement: $25 Amazon Gift Card 1 10 Aug 28, 2015 03:28PM
  • Unearthed (The Heights, #2)
  • Keeping Jahleel (Loving All Wrong, #1.5)
  • The New Rule (The Casual Rule #2)
  • Fear of Heights (Heightsbound, #2)
  • Vintage (Volume One)
  • The Ex Trials (Falling for Autumn #3)
  • Rush (Pandemic Sorrow, #2)
  • Best Kase Scenario (Hyde, #2)
  • Dream of Me (Viking & Saxon #1)
  • True Devotion (True, #2)
  • Escaping the Blackness (Cooper Brothers #1)
  • Bayward Street
  • All of Me (All of Me, #1)
  • Ripping Pages
  • Dream Me Off My Feet (Sex, Love, and Rock & Roll, #1)
  • Gibson's Legacy (Last Score, #1)
  • Rock, Rattle & Roll (Lost in Oblivion, #1.5)
  • Phone Calls from a Rock Star (Ross Records #2)
I have a passion for the bad boys, those covered in tattoos, sexy smirks, ripped jeans, fast cars, motorcycles and of course, the sweet girls that try to tame them and win their hearts. My debut series, Ashes & Embers, follows the lives of rock band members as they find, and sometimes lose, the loves of their lives.

My first novel in the Ashes & Embers series, Storm, was published in Septem
More about Carian Cole

Ashes & Embers (4 books)
  • Storm (Ashes & Embers, #1)
  • Vandal (Ashes & Embers, #2)
  • Lukas (Ashes & Embers, #3)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Pleasures (Pleasures, #2)
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Scandalous Liaisons
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Story of O
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Unleashed (Ross Siblings #1)
    $3.99 $0.00
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Rock Me (Ross Siblings Book 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $1.99
“We're never gonna be perfect, baby,
but we'll always be like this.
Whatever this is between us,
it's always going to be here.
I promise you.”
8 likes
“Marrying you doesn't change who I am."
"No, but it changes who we are together.”
7 likes