Start by marking “Talon (Ashes & Embers, #4)” as Want to Read:
Talon (Ashes & Embers, #4)

Talon

(Ashes & Embers #4)

DESCRIBE YOUR IDEAL PARTNER:
Caring. Hard-working. A devoted family man, loves kids.
Clean cut, funny, smart, quiet, but a good communicator.
~ Asia Jenson

DESCRIBE YOUR IDEAL PARTNER:
Independent. Tall, blonde, sexy. Outgoing. Intelligent, neat. Confident. Loves to travel. Committed.
~ Talon Valentine

A SOCIAL EXPERIMENT.
The concept was scary but exciting...

Marry a total strang
Published November 24th 2015 (first published November 22nd 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Talon, please sign up.

Start your review of Talon (Ashes & Embers, #4)
Sleepless Readmore
Women are considered fragile
but I’ve never seen anything as easily
wounded as a man’s ego.
FIVE I LOVE THIS #COCKSTAR

Laugh with me, Love with me
No beginning, No end

"You really don't recognize my name?"
He asks in disbelief. "Or me? Come on."
Ah. an ego is emerging, it seems.
"No, I'm sorry."

description

"Marrying you doesn't change who I am."
"No, but it changes who we are together."

So I told myself that I would wait before writing this review to contain all these emotions that are passing through. HOLY F*CK
Mariℓina
Aug 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, arc
I'm writing this review while tears are streaming down my face, that's how purely in love with this story i am. Talon and Asia stole a part of my heart from the beginning and with every new chapter i fell deeper and deeper.

For me this is clearly one of the best books of 2015. The ultimate romance, with an amazing main couple, great supportive characters, a very original concept and the best part? The writing style is phenomenal.

I love all of Carian Cole's books, Storm was sweet and honest, Vanda
Alp
“You’re my heart’s hero.”

THIS. I’m literally lost for words…

This book grabbed me from the very start and then took me on an emotional roller coaster ride. The story is full of ups and downs, and the fluctuation of feelings I experienced throughout the entire book was too much for me to find the right words to express them here. It’s been a while since a book made me ugly cry. Gosh, I cried like a baby! My heart was broken and many tears were shed while reading this.

Can you imagine yourself m
TF
Nov 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
1/14/19 - Listened to the Audio Version and this story is as good as I remember it to be. Narrators did a great job!
10/4/16 - Original review

This is a unique twist to a Rock star romance. The MCs join a marriage experiment at the persuasion of Talon’s Mom, who feels it’s time for him to settle down, and Asia’s best friend, who believes it’s time for her to “air out her vag” and make herself available. The experiment requires them to marry a total stranger and for the next 6 months, talk regular
Talia (Red Hot Ink)
Aaaaargh! So much potential, but in the end characters do make or break a book for me, so this was more a miss than a hit.

Still, I'd like to say that I love Cole's writing style, the A&E family and the rock star world/atmosphere. Weirdly enough for me, what I did not like were the main characters. I mean, I liked Asia, but she was the worst possible match for Talon.

So here's my issue with him. At first, I could even excuse his being rude to her, his hurting her feelings because I was expecting s
Amanda
5 'laughter and tears' stars

This is my first Carian Cole and even being Book 4 of a series, it still can be read as a standalone. From the blurb, there are mentioned of 'social experiment', 'marriage' and 'nightmare'. Honestly, I thought is a dark erotica. But it isn't! Actually is a very sweet and lovely read.

This book has
Love
Tears
Heartache
HEA

First of all, I think the whole idea of they wanting to participant in an expe
Sue
Nov 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I have been in absolute awe since the first time I read a Carian Cole book. So far I have read every one she has written to date and after devouring Talon I have to say BRAVO woman...you have matured into quite an amazing storyteller and this one is by far my favorite (and that is saying a lot because I adored all of the boys).
A social experiment to partner up compatible couples (much like you might have seen on a reality tv show), have them get married without knowing anything about each other
Haidoulina
Nov 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
description

I loved this book.... It had everything, humor,love,drama all wrapped up in a perfect package.... Talon and Asia are so perfect together.... I simply loved them....

Snow
Mar 25, 2018 rated it really liked it

Review soon...

This was good...very good...especially cause of the unexpected, refreshing concept of a plot!
Lina's Reviews  ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥ღೋBook Blogღೋ ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥
ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review.
This book tugged on my heartstrings. I cannot compare it with any other book. It was original, refreshing, well written and emotional.
Talon is a member of Ashes & Embers. Women flock him but they never stick around. He is tired of meaningless hook ups. He wants something else.
Asia is struggling to survive but she is a fighter. Her bad luck with men has led her to believe that something is wrong with her. She has tried everything, even dating s
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)
No beginning, no end, just now...

I want to say that this is my favorite book in the series, but then I feel that way every time a new one is released. I flove them all. I want to say that this one ripped out my heart more than the others, but then I have flashbacks of being vandalized. Nope, I still can't choose just one, I love them all.

I found myself smiling and laughing a lot at the beginning, as Talon and Asia got to know each other. I was so intrigued by the idea of a blind marriage without
Lacey (Booklovers For Life)
3.5! This could’ve been a solid 4/4.5, but the hero brought this down a bit for me. He was too dumb and careless when it came to the heroine, even up til the end.
~ Cariad ~
Oct 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved this book - LOVED - like, soooooo much!

From a few percent in, I was in tears and choking back the odd sob. How rare to say that I could hardly see my Kindle because of crying and rubbing my eyes - I just completely felt this book and Asia's struggle. It was beautifully written as were Talon's struggles later in the story.

The characters, the writing, the story... all awesome, again I've lost sleep for this author! : )

Oh and I loved Pixie too! AND I broke my heart at the real Ta
Andrea Fleury
May 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Talon and Asia

This is the fourth book in the series. I loved them all. It has taken me awhile to write reviews. This one I simply adored. I loved Talon. Carian has the ability to explain a character in a way that gets us so turned on. Talon oozed so much sex appeal. I loved they way he and Asia met. Sometimes the book was sad and sometimes it was really funny.
Kristiej
Nov 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I simply CAN NOT get enough of these books by Carian Cole!!! We're up to 5 reads

Still a 5 out of 5, four reads later

I’m so taken with this whole series. This is my third book read and I’ve enjoyed it just as much as the first two books. This one is Talon’s story. He is the youngest Valentine brother. His three older brothers, Asher, Storm and Michah as well as their cousin Vandal and occasionally Lukas are in a rock band, Ember & Ashes. Talon has been into the sex, drugs and rock and roll life s
Ivy Deluca
Full 3 star review & giveaway posted at http://afterdarkbooklovers.com/2015/1...
description
The premise : Can you let someone else pick your HEA and marry them, sight unseen? Arranged marriages are not that common and they are certainly not your usual fare in a rocker romance, so I dove into this one with both feet, much like Talon and Asia did.

Talon, the guitarist for Ashes & Embers, is known as the partying, not-so-small member (yes, in more ways than one) of the band. He’s living the rock & roll lifes
Jan
Nov 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 Jelly bean stars

Firstly I love discovering new authors so after reading Storm I couldn't wait to read more from Carian Cole, each book is a stand alone and yes they are categorized as a rock star read but focuses more on their personal lives, each is completely different so whether you like Rock-star reads or not it wouldn't matter.
------------------------------------------------

A SOCIAL EXPERIMENT.
The concept was scary but exciting...
Marry a total stranger.
Live together for six months.

Journ
Fathima
Nov 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Perfection ! Pure perfection ..... ! This series is love ...... this series is life !
Kristiej
I was listening to Bed of Roses by Jon Bon Jovi the other day and it reminded me of this series which meant it was time to pick one and read it again. Talon was the winner this time. It takes next to nothing to prompt me to read again one of her books.

********
There are two authors with the same last name, Scarlet Cole and Carian Cole who have both written a series about rock groups and I am completely and totally mad for both of them and have read each book in both series multiple times. I just
 ~*~Princess Nhya~*~
OMG! I wanna cry so bad.. And I'm trying to hold it in. EVERYTHING about this one, was on point. My heart responded to it all... I don't even think I can articulate my feelings for this one in a way that would do it justice. So, Please just read this one people. And Start at the beginning. I take that back. Start at Lukas' book, like I did, and then go in order. *giggles*

And the real Talon & Asia, actually got a few sobs out of me.

Thanks Carian for penning such a poignant, beautiful story <3

I w
Tricia
Oct 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Talon is part 4 of the Ashes & Embers series and I must say I have not read the first three. I jumped straight to this one because I was intrigued by the blurb. And it was my favourite cover of the four books.

Asia Jensen has been unlucky. She had a traumatic upbringing with all sorts of major drama and now that she's free of all that, her love life is practically non-existent. But she tells herself it doesn’t matter because she is completely focused on making ends meet by working hard in her han
DemetraP
Dec 25, 2015 rated it it was ok
Suzi (Obsessive Reading Disorder)
My favorite so far. Love Talon and Asia! Great enemies to lovers romance.
Starr (AKA Bam Bam) Rivers
I don’t feel it. Here’s my issues:

1. The 2 MCs are thrown together thru an experiment by granted ppl who know them well. But at no point do I feel like they are “meant to be.” It could have been a diff guy for the girl and a diff girl for the guy and might have worked even better together than these 2, which makes me disappointed.

The afterword on the 2 cars who inspired the MCs names have more “destined love” to them than these 2!!

2. Was all that drama at the end necessary? Really?? Issues with
Kitty Thomas
Jun 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020-reads, favorites
LOVED. Now, on to Storm. These are interlocking standalones. And I've listened completely out of order. First I did book 3, then book 2, now book 4, next I'm doing 1, then 5. I have a system. Don't judge me. But this is proof you can read them in any order and it's fine!

Michelle
May 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Okay, so onto book four of the Ashes & Embers series.

From the description of Talon's book I was intrigued. It's obvious from the onset of his book, that he wants more than just a roll in the sheets - that he wants love. But the problem with Talon is, that he keeps looking in ALL the WRONG places. When offered a chance at partaking in a social experiment that is expected to find your perfect match, pair you off and oh, yeah. Marry them. Without meeting them first.

For Asia, the money you get for
Lea ★
Dec 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: lovers of bad boys, musicians/rock gods
6 STARS!!!

This book goes straight to my favourites!
AMAZING!
I love Carian Cole writing, and I really enjoyed all books in this series, but this one is hands down, the best of them all!
I am completely in love.

Highly recommended!!!!
nikki
Sep 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Talon & Asia.....WOW. This might possibly be my favourite out of all the Ashes & Embers books so far.
But...im finished. What do i read now?
Maybe i just need to start right back from book 1 again.

Carian Cole, if youre reading....i need a book from Asher. Pretty please???? <3
Tiffany Readz
Nov 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Every time I read a book in this series I think I've found my favorite Valentine. Storm, Vandal, Lukas and now Talon? There is no way to chose a favorite, so far I love all of the Valentine boys.

Again we are introduced to a member of the rock band Ashes to Embers, Talon, the youngest brother of the Valentine family. I was instantly drawn to the premise of this book and wondered if Carian Cole was going to be able to pull it off, which she did. Beautifully I might add. At first read, the book fee
Nance
So freakin' amazing! This was a solid 5 star read for me, and Carian Cole just rocks it again! Loved both main characters and the storyline just pulled me in totally!!!

Full review to be written soon...
Do you think this story did Talon justice? 4 61 Nov 12, 2018 10:57PM
Bargain Basement: $20 Amazon Gift Card 1 5 Nov 25, 2015 01:53PM
Bargain Basement: $25 Amazon Gift Card 1 10 Aug 28, 2015 03:28PM

• The Hunter (Boston Belles, #1)
  • Sweet Temptation
  • Dear Ava
  • Welcome to the Dark Side (The Fallen Men, #2)
  • Release
  • Marriage for One
  • My Favorite Souvenir
  • Angry God (All Saints High, #3)
  • Dreams of 18
  • Fighting Solitude (On the Ropes, #3)
  • Stay (Bleeding Stars, #5)
  • Sweet Dandelion
  • Broken Knight (All Saints High, #2)
  • Fighting Shadows (On the Ropes, #2)
  • Faked
  • Dirty Letters
  • Credence
  • Queen Move
I have a passion for the bad boys, those covered in tattoos, sexy smirks, ripped jeans, fast cars, motorcycles and of course, the sweet girls that try to tame them and win their hearts. My debut series, Ashes & Embers, follows the lives of rock band members as they find, and sometimes lose, the loves of their lives.

My first novel in the Ashes & Embers series, Storm, was published in September of 2

Ashes & Embers (6 books)
  • Storm (Ashes & Embers, #1)
  • Vandal (Ashes & Embers, #2)
  • Lukas (Ashes & Embers, #3)
  • Loving Storm (Ashes & Embers, #5)
  • Asher (Ashes & Embers, #6)