Start by marking “Backfire (Vigilantes, #2)” as Want to Read:
Backfire (Vigilantes, #2)

Backfire

(Vigilantes #2)

Dark Contemporary Romance coming June 9, 2016
This book is a standalone set in the same world as Ricochet.

No matter how unbreakable he may seem, every man has a weakness.

A year ago, my home became a bloodstained crime scene. That night marked the beginning of my hell—the same night I was tortured by my enemies and tossed into an underground prison to die.

They failed. I surv
Published June 9th 2016 (first published May 19th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Backfire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Backfire

ღFloღ the coffee addict
4.5 **Sparrow & Warhawk** STARS

“Two souls who’d survived hell, only to suffer the goddamn replays over and over.”

That was one hell of a suspenseful, gripping and complex read. I really enjoyed it.

Backfire is the second book in Keri Lake’s Vigilantes series. Each book can be read as a standalone and surrounds one anti-hero vigilante. Backfire tells the story of Jase and Lucy.

“What I wouldn’t give to nail you against this wall
and smile when your morals come crumbling down.”

Lucy is a
Keri Lake

Enter to win a signed paperback here >>>>> http://www.kerilake.com/review-submis...
***************************
View the trailer here >>>> https://youtu.be/7MQxWbSqZ6s

NOW AVAILABLE:

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Backfire-Vigila...

Amazon UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Backfire-Vigi...

PROLOGUE FOR BACKFIRE:

COVER REVEAL IS MARCH 3RD!

Remember I said that Ricochet was going to be a standalone novel?

Well it is.

At this time, I don’t have any plans to build a series around Nick &am
Elizabeth
"My only law is survival."
description

Backfire is book 2 in the Vigilantes Series. Full of heart-stopping action, dark romance, passion, and complex characters this is a must read for contemporary romance fans.

description
"Sometimes, a love so pure and strong can make others jealous and cruel. But you must never give up on love, because true love never goes away."
Lucia is alone and struggling through life. After experiencing trauma and abandonment, she has found a semblance of peace through the lens of her ca
Lo Bookfrantic
My Rating 4.5 ★★★★★ Black Sparrow & Warhawk Stars

Genre: Dark Romantic Suspense
Type: Standalone Book 2 from Vigilantes series
POV: Shifting – Multiple

description
"Every one of us hides a monster...A primitive side of the brain that runs on a single instinct to survive."

description

Jase Hawkins had a horrible childhood. With an abusive step-father and a junkie mother; he grew up alone and fighting to defend his and his little brother's lives. One devastated tragedy had him wanting to survive only to avenge the loss of
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
LIVE! | AMZ US | AMZ UK | KOBO |

Not much longer!

Stand-alone
LIVE! | AMZ US | AMZ UK | KOBO |
Shh… ARC Giveaway: https://goo.gl/uqgC3u

Books in Vigilantes series are stand-alones, but most enjoyed if read in order:
Book 1: Ricochet
Book 2: Backfire
Book 3: Ballistic

✿ ✿ ✿ ARC Giveaway! ✿ ✿ ✿
❀ Shh… Summer Buzz Book ARC Giveaway: https://goo.gl/uqgC3u
Join for direct links to work. GR redirects all non-members.
❀ Join Shh…: http://goo.gl/OmQUZv
❀ RSVP: https://goo.gl/bvZGC3
❀ Author sign-up: https://goo.gl/uU
warhawke
Genre: Dark Romantic Suspense
Type: Standalone Book 2 from Vigilantes series
POV: Shifting - Multiple
Rating:

Jase Hawkins grew up on the wrong side of the track. In order to survive, he did whatever he could to provide for his family, even if it means getting on the radar of not only the police, but also other criminals. After a devastating tragedy, he vowed to seek revenge and with nothing to lose, he was on the right path if destruction, until that path veered somewhere else.

Lucy Novaková had a
Eliza

In 2015 Keri Lake kicked down the door of contemporary romance to announce her arrival with Ricochet. Keri created a world that was so intrinsically vivid, it felt familiar to be back amongst the depraved, lawless streets of Detroit. Once again we see Keri lace up her boot straps with her addictive, page-turning read that is Backfire.

Vengeance is the motivator that keeps Jase Hawkins alive, when he has nothing else to live for. The promise of spilling the blood of those that betrayed him is wha
♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥
Amazon US * Amazon UK *

Jase and Lucy are the focus of BACKFIRE, their history, relationship and the way their lives fit into the Vigilante’s world. It's important for me to begin by saying that Ricochet, the first book in this series, was a resounding 5 star read for me. I loved the raw quality, the intensity, the darkness, the way it made me think and feel, and the way it made me root for the hero and heroine. BACKFIRE is as equally dark and edgy which is right up my reading alley and I've wat
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
5 STARS Full Review Now Posted (Spoiler Free)

Shit thing about life is, when you throw an immovable object into the path of a bullet, it doesn't follow any laws or principles.
It backfires.

It's official; I have PTKD (Post Traumatic Keri Disorder). The woman has ruined me. This book? I hope you all have your big girl panties on, because a walk through the meadows with unicorns it. Is. Not.

Backfire is dark, gritty, and unapologetic. You'll be reading it with your heart in your throat and your stom
* Meli Mel *

♥ ♥ ♥ 5 STARS ♥ ♥ ♥

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"Whatever happens, mia Luce, per te farei di tutto."
I would do anything for you.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Lucy didn't have such a great life growing up, but she is changing that by doing what she loves. Lucy may live closer to the shadier parts of Detroit, but now she is a freelance photojournalist who likes to dive deep and take real and raw photos where she showcases things that people don't want
Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth

*** IT'S LIVE***

Amazon

B&N

iBooks

5 Kryptonite Stars

TLDR? It was awesome!

Review @ Vanilla & Spice Books

If you are looking for pretty butterflies, rainbows and heart shaped clouds move on. You won't find them here. This is a gritty tale about violence, sacrifices and revenge but also all consuming love and tenderness in the face of danger and loss. The lines between the polar opposites of good and evil are blurred and things aren't always what they seem.

Our story takes place in Detroit. In
S.M. West
5 Luce STARS

I’m a self-professed lover of dark reads. The darker, the grittier, the more on edge - the better. And if all this darkness can be infused with passion and love, then I’m on cloud 9.

My first read by Keri Lake, Ricochet, was like that and I loved the darkness. This second book in the Vigilantes series, while also standalone, builds on that same darkness. It also takes place within the underbelly of Detroit. Where violence, corruption and monsters dominant. Where survival is its mai
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
★★★★ 4 Revengful Stars★★★★

photo 1465349467526_zpsdiuqc7fw.jpg

" It's said everything in life naturally follows the path of least resistance.

If that's true, I should be dead".

Jase Hawkins has fought for everything his entire life. Growing up in the streets of Detroit has hardened him and made him into a not so nice person. But what he takes pride in his family and he would do anything for his grandmother and little brother.

When they both get brutally murdered, his quest for revenge took an all time high and he will not stop u
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
LIVE on Amazon!

5+ Raw, gritty Stars!

photo FB166456-FDB6-45FF-9F21-57CA65F097D4_zpsysidwlzf.jpg

When I'd read my first novel by Keri Lake last year, I knew she had a gift of taking a raw, gritty, dark story and somehow shine a beautiful light on it with her poetic prose. This such book was titled Ricochet and was in my top reads of 2015. Backfire is the second (standalone) book in that series and she, once again, did not disappoint.

Backfire, like Ricochet, takes place in the seedier parts of Detroit. Where crumbling, abandoned buildings are the backdro
Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-»
RATING: 5 Luce HEARTS! <3

description

Backfire is a vividly imagined read, elements of light and dark clashing into a cinematic portrayal of raw passion and the chill-inducingly heinous against the backdrop of an anarchic, corrupt and ominous Detroit.

His lips held a world of promise, a world I wanted to slip inside and never leave. A place as dark as the mystery that surrounded him, but brimming with excitement and danger, lust and pleasure.

Jase is a man driven by pain and vengeance, and despite th
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
4 Here With You Stars
 photo image_zpsclsasrej.jpeg

I was introduced to Keri Lake with Ricochet. I loved it. When I heard about Backfire I was super excited. There is something about the way the author writes about crime, revenge and darkness.

The underworld of Detroit, with its darkness and depravity and the seediness of crime and drugs nestled in deserted buildings, is brought alive by Keri Lake. She takes you there with vivid imagery and makes you squirm. It isn't for the faint of heart. There is death and violence and
Sandy ღCoffee Addict Booksღ

4.5 *Mia Luce* stars

description

Backfire is the second book in the Vigilante series but can be read as a standalone.

With Backfire, Keri Lake delivers yet another story driven by revenge and fuelled by love. I’m amazed by the way she brought the characters to life and made every bit of their existence realistic. Be the soul crushing act of violence or heart melting romance, Keri writes this gruesome story unapologetically as she makes you experience all sorts of unhealthy emotions right from the beginning!!
Geri Reads
Jun 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
I finished this book a couple of days ago and let me tell you that Keri Lake managed to both enthrall and horrify me with this book.

Word of warning: this book contains very graphic violence. If that isn't your cuppa, then this book wouldn't work for you. I can't call myself a dark romance reader. I don't seek dark reads as often, but if I do read books of this nature, I tend to be very picky.

Long story short, Keri Lake writes my brand of dark. While her characters are flawed and exhibit violent
~ Stéphanie ~ Tied up in Romance ~
description

Reading Backfire is like drinking a good wine. To fully appreciate it, you must read it slowly. There are so many information, so many turns, so many surprises that will left you completely stunned. Keri Lake put a lot of effort in his book and it shows! One thing I'm so grateful for is the fact she decided to give us a full book instead of two. Yes the book is long but every details counts and its length adds to the beauty of the book. It's necessary to enjoy Lucy & Jase love story.

I've nev
Amanda
5 'brutal, raw and beautiful' stars

Once again Keri Lake bring us back to the utter depravity within the Detroit City with Backfire. I thought Book 1 Ricochet is dark, but Keri bring it one step further with Backfire with more brutality, which is definitely not for the faint of heart.

Jase Hawkins is a small time criminal and an urbex enthusiast. When his family was killed before his eyes and he subsequently got thrown into an underground mine for eleven months of pure torture, he only had one th
FMABookReviews
backfire by Keri Lake
❝Everyone had a story, but ours was carved in bone and written in blood.❞

WOW! This book! It is just as action packed, suspenseful and thrilling as 'Ricochet,' but 'Backfire' has a different feel to it. There is a pull between these characters that you can't help but feel . Keri Lake's writing is captivating, intriguing and purposeful. I am a huge fan, HUGE!
❝I feel safe with you.❞ Her eyes flicked back and forth. ❝You're my home.❞

Just because you want it, doesn't mean you believe you de
CC
4.5 Stars!

Lucy Novakova is an urban photographer working two jobs while trying to pay bills and return to college. Despite suffering the loss of her family, Lucy remains a head strong and feisty woman who won’t back down without a fight. While on assignment for an underground newspaper, she witnesses a crime and films the actual incident until she is discovered. From that point, Lucy is in danger and on the run.

“Trapped in his grip, arms vised at my sides, I reached between his thighs behind
Pam
Aug 21, 2015 marked it as pretty-please-with-a-cherry-on-top  ·  review of another edition
lovin' the smirk! can't wait to get me some of Jase Hawkins ;)

Ammie *Ammie's Book Obsession*

Image and video hosting by TinyPicTwo souls who’d survived hell, only to suffer the goddamn replays over and over.

Backfire is book 2 in Vigilante Series--- A powerful punch of sexy characters, deep emotions and fantastic writing. It's raw, gritty and sensual with a tendency to frustrate the hell out of you.

I am a huge fan of Keri lake and backfire definitely did not disappoint me. I was on the edge of my seat through the entire read with one hand holding my Kindle and the other one covering my eyes. It was like my eyes were glu
5 This-book-chopped-me-up-and-had-me-for-dinner Stars!!!

I feel like nothing I can say in this review will be enough. There is so much in this book that I am literally overwhelmed writing this review. The thought I keep coming back to is that it feels like a comic book, which sounds cliché, but this book is not cliché at all! It’s a book of evil, drugs, crime, danger. But it’s also a book of hope, light, love, sex. I felt like I was pulled into this world, and I just got lost. I LOVE getting lost
Izy
Jun 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Rating ~ 4.5 stars
So I'm writing this having finished the book couple of hours ago, I'm still in kind of that place where your semi aware of your real life and than the other part is still thinking about the book. I'm not sure why exactly but this book felt even darker than the last. I'm going to try and keep this one to the point and less spoilery stuff because to fully enjoy this ride, its better to not know all the ups and downs.

Jase Hawkins has had a literal hell of year, seeing his family d
Elfina Renee
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
description
The black cloak of death comes to us all. Some more quickly than others depending on the spectrum you find yourself on. This wasn’t a simple case of mistaken identity or being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Nahhh that bitch sailed on Devil’s Night. The second they came in and took from me and mine.
description
This isn’t about seeking justice, something darker, more repugnant swims in my veins. Where payment is exacted in pounds of flesh, an eye for an eye. They’ll be begging for forgiveness but like
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Nov 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing

5 heartpounding stars

‘Love was not a choice, but merely a destination.’

This was the second time we spent with Keri Lake and like last time (Ricochet) we are in complete awe of her talents. Why? Because she managed to once again make our hearts pound from page one to the last with a story so thrilling, dark, sexy and gripping we felt like we were reading in a race against the clock. We were honestly so completely consumed in this story that it was as if we were bystanders in every scene such was
Denise
4.5 Darkness and light Stars

I was so happy to receive this ARC through the
✿ Shh… Summer Buzz Books Event 2016! ✿
❀ Win ARCs to the hottest Jun-Sep releases!
❀ Get organized with Buzz Books Calendar!
❀ List of Buzz books; Info, dates & ARC criteria!
❀ Join group: http://goo.gl/OmQUZv
❀ RSVP & info: https://goo.gl/bvZGC3
#ShhSummerBuzzBooks

I was first introduced to Kerri Lake when I read Ricochet (Vigilantes, #1) by Keri Lake and I loved, loved, the book. Ms. Lake has a very interesting way of writing. She is very detailed, giving
Lina's Reviews  ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥ღೋBook Blogღೋ ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥
 photo newreviewbannerfeather_zpspga5dbag.jpg

ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review.

photo rosebuttonsmall_zpsrpi6fijr.jpg  photo rosebuttonsmall_zpsrpi6fijr.jpg  photo rosebuttonsmall_zpsrpi6fijr.jpg

Title: Backfire
Author: Keri Lake
Series or Standalone: Part of a series, can be read as a standalone
Category: Dark
Characters: 4.5
Plot: 5
Scorching Level:4.5
HEA: Not telling.

This is my first time reading this author and I have to say that I love her writing!
It's lyrical, gritty, exciting and her characters are intriguing. This is unlike any other book I've ever read. There is mystery, passion, danger, violence and a complex storyline tha
  • Kissed
  • Thin Lines (Donati Bloodlines, #2)
  • Out of Control (Untamed #2)
  • Blood to Dust
  • Delusive
  • The Bad Ones
  • Beta Test (#gaymers, #2)
  • Dirty Promises (Dirty Angels, #3)
  • Chosen
  • Camouflage (Predator and Prey, #1)
  • Collateral (Blood & Roses, #6)
  • Touch (Pagano Family, #2)
  • Perfect Rage (Unyielding, #3)
  • Sovereign (Acquisition, #3)
  • The Spiral Down (The Fall Up, #2)
  • Back to Yesterday
  • A Bloody Kingdom (Ruthless People, #4)
  • Blind Faith (Sin Brothers, #3)
Author of dark, edgy contemporary, paranormal and dystopian romance ~Vengeance dealer-Demon wrangler~Creator of badass, whip-wielding females-Sucker for brooding alphas.

I love connecting with readers, so feel free to join my reading group: http://bit.ly/2lWjOFg

Vigilantes (4 books)
  • Ricochet (Vigilantes, #1)
  • Ballistic (Vigilantes, #3)
  • Intrepid (A Vigilantes Spinoff)
“I’ll be the bastard you need me to be, Lucy. Whatever darkness you crave, I’ll give that to you. But no matter what, you’re still my light.” 1 likes
“He was dark, threatening, and sexually magnetic, all rolled into one three-dimensional package of fuck me.” 0 likes