Start by marking “The Missing Element: Inspiring Compassion for the Human Condition” as Want to Read:
The Missing Element: Inspiring Compassion for the Human Condition

The Missing Element: Inspiring Compassion for the Human Condition

Everyone longs to be understood in their essence. In The Missing Element, author Debra Silverman describes human nature in a compassionate and succinct way, and offers ways for us to get to know ourselves in depth with the wisdom of archetypes.

The information in this book stands on the shoulders of our elders, who understood the four directions, the four elements, the
Published March 15th 2016 by Findhorn Press

To ask other readers questions about The Missing Element, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Missing Element

Start your review of The Missing Element: Inspiring Compassion for the Human Condition
Mar 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: yoga-meditation
My grandmother passed away today. I know thats not something anybody wants or expects to hear at the beginning of a book review, but this blog has always been less about reviewing books (sorry bibliophiles) and more about journaling my own life and growth through the things that I read. And today my grandmother passed away, so this book will forever be hers.

Death has this way of focusing your mind on the important things in life. Ive been feeling change within myself for awhile now. Its been
T Love
Shifts Your Perspective AHA Moments Galore!

This is the best get to know YOU books, for real. It is filled with directives that are easy, and simple, to follow so you get to know who YOU are and who others are in your life. Once you learn that, your life will change. Youll gain an understanding of others, see things more clearly and then your compassion will increase to the point of not judging others but rather observing with a knowing that only comes from understanding, here we are full
asa washington
Nov 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing Insight into Humans and being Human

I enjoyed reading this book. To be able to better my skills as an Observer and see new ways of looking at myself and other was truly an amazing gift.
Anhelo
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was ok
Katelyn
Apr 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It is not enough to flip through the element descriptions in hopes of identifying what you need more of and what you lack. This book must be read from start to finish. It feels dramatic to say that Ive found myself in this book, but Im going to stick with that and say that its true. I discovered reasons for my strengths and weaknesses and ideas on how to balance my inner self.

It gave me an understanding of others differences and a reason to not only accept but find pleasure in them. Debra
Cori
Mar 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
My sister and I enjoyed Rachel Brathens podcast episode with Debra Silverman a few years ago, and recently I ordered this book for her birthday. I ended up giving it to her late because I just had to read it myself! At first I was unsure, the book was a lot smaller than I imagined (thought it would be a larger, more comprehensive book on the elements, I hope that exists somewhere?), and the pages were magazine quality. But the contents were straight to the point, easy to read, and I found myself ...more
Lisa
Oct 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: healing-work
Thanks to Colette Baron-Reid's generous recommendations of other healers/authors work, I "met" Debra Silverman through her online astrological video lessons (entertaining and enlightening), which led to purchasing this book. Best to have your star chart ready when you start reading the book. This is not a how-to astrology book; rather Silverman shares her unique perspective on the "elements" shaping different aspects of our personality. There are survey quizzes and meditative tips for each ...more
Emma Steinmetz
Aug 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Astrology and the elements are not my thing. However, Debra has a background in psychology, and I think her overall goal in this book is admirable. Essentially, she breaks humanity down into archetypes and elaborates on how each type thinks and feels. We can use these as a tool to understand the people in our lives better, and be more empathetic to them and towards ourselves.
Betty Patrick
Feb 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Astrology with purpose

Debra Silverman is a unique astrologer who uses humor as well as practicality to help you determine how to think about your life and interact to reach your highest potential. Take her quiz, do the work and you will be rewarded with greater understanding of your goals and abilities to reach a higher level of satisfaction.
Sue
Jan 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
No need to be an astrologer to get a lot out of this book - a great jumping off point. The balance of elements - fire, earth, air, water - in the birth chart... too much fire? no air? How this presents in the personality and simple actions you can take to bring balance to dominant or missing elements. Fascinating!
Amy
Jun 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Amazing book! Very thorough, and definitely will help you "fall in love with your fate" as Debra loves to sing! Smiles! If you want change in your life, need some perspective, clarification, or even if you are just learning, this book is for you! Get all four wheels of "your car" in line, balanced, and back on the road again! ;)
Marni
Oct 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Very interesting perspective on learning more about yourself. Definitely what I needed next on this path of personal awareness and growth. Also helpful in considering traits and behaviors of other people.
Kyle Barber
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I adore Debra Silverman from her YouTube series. Its a beautiful blend of astrology and therapy, delivered but a no-nonsense dynamo. ...more
Karen
May 23, 2017 rated it it was ok
Pretty basic, but a good start to Self Love and Astrology.
Mare
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Inspiring quick read! Definitely a book to keep close by and reference for reminders.
Keoki Ki`Ili
Feb 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
We all have strengths and weaknesses, this book will help us understand how to use them to better understand ourselves. Each element can be a strength or a weakness and we can love ourselves once we know that.
Go MIche
Sep 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Great stuff!
Debbie
Nov 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Book

I loved reading this book. It was one that I couldn't put down. It gave me a much better understanding of myself and others. I will definitely be reading parts of this book again and will be referring this book to others.
Cocco Lo
Lanie
Jun 27, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• To Love and Let Go
  • Judgment Detox: Release the Beliefs That Hold You Back from Living A Better Life
  • Untamed
  • Long Bright River
  • Moonology: Working with the Magic of Lunar Cycles
  • Spirit Hacking: Shamanic Keys to Reclaim Your Personal Power, Transform Yourself, and Light Up the World
  • The Beautiful Ones
  • Astrology for Yourself: How to Understand and Interpret Your Own Birth Chart: A Workbook for Personal Transformation
  • Super Attractor: Methods for Manifesting a Life beyond Your Wildest Dreams
  • Rising Strong as a Spiritual Practice
  • Lifespan: Why We Age—and Why We Don't Have To
  • White Hot Truth: Clarity for Keeping It Real on Your Spiritual Path from One Seeker to Another
  • You Are a Badass Every Day: How to Keep Your Motivation Strong, Your Vibe High, and Your Quest for Transformation Unstoppable
  • You Were Born for This: Astrology for Radical Self-Acceptance and Living Your Purpose
  • Excuses Begone!: How to Change Lifelong, Self-Defeating Thinking Habits
  • Everything is Figureoutable: How One Simple Belief Can Help Us Overcome Any Obstacle and Create Unstoppable Success
  • A Return to Love: Reflections on the Principles of "A Course in Miracles"
  • The Gender Games: The Problem with Men and Women, from Someone Who Has Been Both