Start by marking “Speak Now: or Forever Hold Your Peace” as Want to Read:
Speak Now: or Forever Hold Your Peace

Speak Now: or Forever Hold Your Peace

If there’s one thing that Bridgette Reynolds has learned recently, it’s that the perfect shoes, the perfect hair, and the perfect dress do not make for the perfect proposal. In fact, sometimes they make for the not-so-perfect breakup.

Now, Bridgette must do everything in her power to win Adam back. She knows they are meant to be. And nothing will stand in her way—not her
Published April 10th 2015 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform (first published April 9th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Speak Now, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Speak Now

Start your review of Speak Now: or Forever Hold Your Peace
Chrissy (The Every Free Chance Reader)
Did I enjoy this book: I really did! This was a fantastic read that I read every free chance I had.

I loved Speak Now. It grabbed me from the very beginning, and it kept me guessing throughout. I didn’t know what team to be on–Team Ian, Team Justin. I kept flip-flopping sides. I was glued to the book. I laughed. I gasped. I questioned. I was involved from the very beginning. I had to see how this story ended.

I loved Bridgette. I think that anyone can relate to her and want
Emma
Jun 10, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I was so excited about this book looking at the title and cover, but already the blurb wasn’t the most engaging writing-style wise, and I should have followed my instincts.
I had problems with both the story line and the overall writing of the book.
Style: It verged often on the rambling/confused side, and in some parts it was so noticeably strident that it distracted me from the story.
Story: Well, I didn’t care much for the main character, she just didn’t grow on me, I didn’t empathized w
Jennifer Peel
Apr 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely adored this book! This author has a way with words. If you're a looking for a fun light-hearted read, you can't go wrong with this book.
Anita
Jun 09, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dont-bother
This story was a bit over the top, the writing style had me confused or annoyed more than once, and the people in this book just seemed crazy most of the times.
Melissa Baldwin
Apr 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! Entertaining and fun!
Kathy
Jul 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2016
I thought this was a fun read. Light-hearted and silly but fun. Made me laugh and smile.

Content: mild language throughout, some innuendo
Celia Kennedy
Apr 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ms. Monson creates a quintessential work of Chick Lit that left me wondering about all my "what-if's." While I'm happy to leave mine unanswered, Bridgette Reynolds, our heroine, is not. Her life seems to be on a steady course and her goals seem achievable until one fateful conversation causes her life to unravel, leaving her to grapple with the present and past.

Bridgette is not a heroine I immediately warmed to, but then I realized that was quite the point. Ms. Monson wittily narrate
Amy Boehl
May 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved it. I'm a sucker for a good, simple chicklit novel. My daily life is so busy and sometimes I want a simple book, with a simple story line that helps me take my mind off other things. This hit the spot and was perfect. I relate to the main character and was thoroughly entertained. Well done Becky Monson!
Corey
Apr 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it! This is by far Becky's best book.
Tracie Banister
Jun 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was a delight to read from the first page to the last! I was instantly drawn into Bridgette's world and found her to be a fun and relatable heroine. She felt like a real person to me - her job working for a catering company is not glamorous, she lives with her "Gram" (a feisty old broad who's obsessed with her soap and likes to read smutty books), and she has man problems that keep multiplying.

So, who does Bridgette belong with? Adam, the perfect guy who crushes her engagem
Karan Eleni
Feb 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2016, audiobook
This review was originally posted on karaneleni.com

Audiobooks are an amazing thing. Even more so when an exemplary author chooses a stellar narrator. The result is Karan listening from start to finish and ignoring everyone in her office.

I absolutely loved SPEAK NOW by Becky Monson! The writing was brilliant and there were many snort-laughs that I'm positive my coworkers snickered at a few times. (#NoShame) Bridgette and her friends made the day fly by with their very relatable lives. Insert memory of recon/>

Audiobooks
Kathryn Biel
Apr 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Becky Monson hits it out of the park with Speak Now. It is chick lit in it's best form! The superficial, wedding focused Bridgette has her world rocked when she gets dumped instead of getting a proposal. It is nice to see Bridge grow and mature and she tries to figure out if she and Adam are really meant to be together, or if Ian, is really the one that got away, Great supporting characters in Gram, Ashley, Justin, and even the dreaded boss, Ursula. A great read when you want to escape into the ...more
Kathy * Bookworm Nation

Religious: None
Mary
Apr 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: chick-lit
Fun chick lit read! Great characters, especially Bridgette's grandma! She is laugh out loud funny! I loved the flash-backs in the story too! Great job, Becky!
Trista Criswell
Apr 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book! Once again Becky Monson amazes me with her well developed characters and storylines. Great job Becky! I need another book of yours to read now! ;)
Ellie
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Gina1230
Feb 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great by the pool read .. fast, a little funny , nothing complex .. if looking for something more it’s not it. But I needed light reading and it was perfect
Andrea
May 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It's official. Becky Monson is my favorite contemporary chick lit author. This is her third book, and the second one that I have read. (I swear I am going to get to that other one soon!) Reading her books is like reading about myself in a parallel universe.

Bridgette is slowly trying to get herself put together. Her world came crashing down when Adam dumped her. She is determined to fight her way back into his life. She holds onto his family by still hanging out with his mom (somethin
Lindy Lu Reviews
May 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
What a funny and witty story. I loved all of the situations Bridgette found her way in. I also liked how the author wrote the story, it was fun and light hearted. She made heavy situations not seem so heavy and turned it around to be quite comical.
Bridgette aka Bridge was a fun character, at first I thought she maybe a little codependent but she comes into her own and shows her woman power. Power to the women!! She has her share of heartaches but handles them like a champ.
Bridge finds her
Jen Rattie
May 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Have you ever read a book that you started reading thinking it was just going to be a cute, light read but then got sucked into it and couldn’t stop reading?? This was that book for me. I have read a few other of Becky Monson’s books so I know how awesome of a writer she is but she far exceeded expectations for me. By the end of the book I felt like Bridgette was a real life friend of mine and I was actually sad when the book ended. Bridgette was sooo relatable and so grounded it was crazy. I kn ...more
Yocelyne Kang
Apr 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wish there was more!!!

I really hope there's another book in the works ; Speak Now: and Say I DO haha!! Becky Monson in Speak Now as with her other books, makes you wonder what happens after "The End". It can't be the end. Such a great easy fun read. I'm a sucker for chick flick books and this totally fuels my addiction
InD'tale Magazine
3.5/5.0

Readers that love chick-lit will enjoy “Speak Now: or Forever Hold Your Peace.” It is a whimsical story and a quick read.

Read full review in the 2015 Holiday issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Jes Drew
This was a pleasant, slower-paced chick-lit rom-com with a sweet romance. Our poor heroine is dealing with the unexpected breakup up with her boyfriend of two years- only for the only other man she ever loved and another ex to walk into her life. Surely, though, between her not-quite-proper grandmother, two best friends/coworkers, and the mom of her first ex, she can figure things out. But, boy, was there some kind of mid-book twist...

Note that there is some unnecessary bad language
Jeanie Eidem
Oct 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Fun read
Yi-Hsuan
Jun 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019
Last one for a while, I promise.
Kathleen
Oct 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What's a girl to do when she's expecting to get engaged, only to get dumped by her boyfriend?

Speak Now Or Forever Hold Your Peace is an entertaining chick lit tale about romantic relationships and friendships. Set in NYC and written in the first person narrative, sassy Bridgette Reynolds takes the reader along for the ride as she plans to win back ex-boyfriend Adam's heart, only to have her plans turned upside down when she unexpectedly runs into Ian Davies, her ex-college best frien
Connie Fischer
May 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Bridgette works as a server for Edelweiss Catering along with her friend, Ashley and Justin.

Bridgette has been dating Adam Dubois for two years and is certain he will be popping the question soon. So when they meet up for dinner, she is devastated when he breaks up with her and she finds he is going to marry someone else. Heartbroken, she can’t seem to get over it. Since she is still good friends with Adam’s mother, they meet often for lunch and she insists that Bridgette remain part of the fam
Kathryn Svendsen
Bridgette’s life sounds like a soap opera. In fact, much of her man troubles were mirrored on the soap opera that she and her gram loved to watch together.

Just when Bridgette thinks her boyfriend is going to propose to her, he dumps her. She would do anything to win him back, especially since his parents consider her part of their family.

Bridgette and her friends Ashley and Justin and her gram will have you laughing as you watch them weave their way through the explosive
Elizabeth Ray
Oct 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 out of 5 stars. I finally read a Becky Monsoon novel! I've been meaning to read one of her books forever. Bridgette gets dumped by her boyfriend after two years, on the night she thinks she's going to get engaged. The saddest part about it is that Bridgette loves Adam's family. Even after the break up, she keeps in touch with his mom, Carla. That's how she finds out that Adam is dating someone new after only two weeks. Shortly thereafter, they're engaged.

Meanwhile, Bridgette runs i
Gina's Library
May 05, 2015 added it
Shelves: 2015
I received this book in exchange for a fair and honest review. All opinions are 100% my own.
This is the perfect book for a fun beach read. It’s funny and keeps you wanting to read. I read the book in one day. It’s been awhile since I read a book in a day.

Have you ever been so caught up in a romance that you plan everything out and then get blindsided by reality? That is exactly what happened to Bridgette with her boyfriend Adam. Adam breaks it off with her and she wants to get
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Perfectly Played
  • Just Friends (The Agency #1)
  • Whisked Away (Paradise Bay #2)
  • Honeymoon for One in Christmas Falls (Return to Christmas Falls #2)
  • The Shopping Swap
  • The Ugly Duckling (The Ugly Duckling, #1)
  • Mimi Plus Two (The Mimi Chronicles, #2)
  • Will You
  • We can Work it out: Two people, one opportunity
  • Kindred Spirits (The Mimi Chronicles, #3)
  • This Wasn't The Plan (What's The Plan? #1)
  • Not Quite Sheer Happiness (Event to Remember, #3)
  • My Not So Wicked Boss (My Not So Wicked Series Book 3)
  • Rugged
  • My Not So Wicked Stepbrother (My Not So Wicked #1)
  • Relatively Happy (Relativity, #3)
  • The Diary of Madison Brown
  • A Onesie is not just for Christmas - Sequel to Blame it on the Onesie
By day, Becky Monson is a mother to three young children, and a wife. By night, she escapes with reading books and writing. In her debut novel, Becky uses humor and true-life experiences to bring her characters to life. She loves all things chick-lit (movies, books, etc.), and wishes she had a British accent. She has recently given up Diet Coke for the fiftieth time and is hopeful this time will l ...more
“How do I gently say via text that I would rather eat chili peppers on the hottest day of the year in the Sahara with no water, than go to his wedding?” 0 likes
“As I turn to check for the thousandth time (I’m not even sure that’s an exaggeration), that everything is ready in the back, in walks Ian, followed by Maureen. I won’t lie . . . there were scenarios (or fantasies) going through my head earlier in which Ian came through the door alone, devastated that Maureen dumped him, or that she died on the way here. I’m ashamed of the latter fantasy. But I can’t help my thoughts, even though I did entertain the notion for longer than I’d want to admit.” 0 likes