Start by marking “Letting Go (The Garage, #1)” as Want to Read:
Letting Go (The Garage, #1)

Letting Go

(The Garage #1)

When Kat was forced to leave the only home she had ever known due to her brother's secrets, she wasn't prepared for what was waiting for her in Tennessee or the choices it would force her to make.

Kat instantly knew she didn't like Blake Reagan. He was cocky, stubborn, and infuriating. What Kat didn't understand was why she couldn't stop thinking about him or the way he mad
Published August 31st 2015 by Holly Renee

To ask other readers questions about Letting Go, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Letting Go

Start your review of Letting Go (The Garage, #1)
Geri Reads
Feb 24, 2016 marked it as forever-unread  ·  review of another edition
When a spoiler makes you wanna read the book instead of scaring you off.

Yeah, I'm weird like that.
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
༺**Complimentary Copy**༺ Provided by the author "Holly Renee" in exchange for an honest review..Thank you!!

TITLE: Letting Go
AUTHOR: Holly Renee
GENRE: Contemporary Romance
RELEASE DATE: August 31st, 2015

MY RATING: 5 STARS

Steamy, Sassy & Sinfully Sexy

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

༺**This will be my first time reading something by this author..**༺

Kat was forced to leave the only home she had ever known due to her brother's secrets.

Her brother is acting shady and jumping at his own shadow, he offers her no e
Deborah
Feb 20, 2016 rated it really liked it

Enjoyable light easy read 3.5 to 4 stars.

As far as I can see this is the first book by this author and it's a nice quick easy read.
Kat has no idea what's going on with her brother Dustin he's been acting strange since their father died, well before that actually but apart from uncle Gary he's the only family she has left.
The book starts with Dustin literally kicking Kat out of their home, he's arranged for her to stay with their uncle Gary until things calm down. Kat's not happy but she's no ide
CeCe
All the heroine's inner dialogue annoyed me. I could not stand to listen (read) her inner thoughts anymore. (loc 241) Plus, there was too much detail. (loc 235)

This may work for you, but it did not work for me.
Sofia Lazaridou
Aug 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I am torn between giving this book a four or a five star rating to be honest. I am giving Letting go a 4.5 star rating despite the little things that bothered me. My rating system is non existent and I should fix that. Since this is Holly Renee's debut novel I am more willing to overlook things I think. The writing was quite good and the length is only 168 pages so time flew us by while I was reading the book. I will probably come up with all the problems this book had sooner or later and I will ...more
Sheila
Aug 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Kat and her brother are everything to each other, they were all each other had...until he got himself in some sort of trouble and decided he wanted Kat to leave their home. He claims it isn't safe for her there and she needs to go to Tennessee and stay with their father's best friend, Gary. She can't change his mind and he won't open up to her about what's really going on with him so she doesn't have a choice but to go ahead and leave. She didn'
Bev
Feb 24, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A quick read that started off with a bang but ended up being rather predictable and a little bit boring sadly. I found myself skimming to finish.

Kim  Brewing
Sep 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
When Kat's brother brings trouble to their door, she temporarily moves in to Tennessee. She has no idea how much her life is going to change. Blake is living life, a job he loves, close friends and no lack of willing women. When these two meet, the attraction is immediate....my only complaint is how they meet. The two come to a friends with benefits arrangement, after Kat isn't staying. You know what they say about best laid plans. I enjoyed all the characters in the story and look forward to re ...more
Melissa
Oct 26, 2015 rated it liked it
Easy story fast read . I enjoyed the characters .The boys are hot and sexy of course and Blake he's a keeper. I had a moment where I wanted to smack Kat. Anyways I love Gary that man needs a book! They all do I sense some set up in the storyline. Looking forward to more.
Kylee
Oct 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy in exchange for a honest review.

My rating 5 stars

What fantastic debut novel! I loved this book. It ticked all the boxes for me, dual pov's, sassy female lead, arrogant male lead, hot and steamy scenes and a great story. This book was well written and it had a great storyline. The characters were interesting and the story was easy to follow. It kept me interested from start to finish.

After being forced from her childhood home by her brother Dustin's less than desirable ways, Kat
talon smith
Nov 05, 2015 rated it it was ok
This book is your typical New Adult book. Girl meets boy. Boy meets girl. Tension evolves. Problems occur. Boy is hero. And so on and so on. However, I received an ARC for it so I read it. Not mention I do love me some New Adult every once in a while, sue me. So we have a heroine (who actually isn’t weak or annoying for once, well for the most part) and we have a chiseled, brooding, and cocky hero with an elusive V cut who was just so lick-able (surprise surprise) the heroine was literally drool ...more
Steph
I had a really hard time reading this book. I gave it 2 stars because I try to save the 1 star for books that are full of typos or that I cannot make myself finish. I was able to force myself to finish this book. The main character, Kat, was really annoying and I didn’t like the way the story was written to tell rather than show. Kat kept complaining about the male lead, Blake, he was annoying and rude and so sexy but the relationship was never developed. She spent so much time telling us how mu ...more
Hayley Thinnesen ✩
Sep 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Letting Go Review

I liked this debut even though I felt it was a little rushed towards the end and could have been a little bit more.

It starts with Kat basically being kicked out of her own house by her brother as he claims it isn't safe! This entire part was vague, but that just drew me in more. She goes to her Uncles. She then literally collides with Blake whilst he's in the middle of doing the dirty with another woman!! Instantly she's drawn to him and equally dislikes him too.

I enjoyed the
Geri
Sep 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
HOLY HE$$ I wish I could give this 10 stars, I loved it! If I was younger and single I would be packing up and moving to Tennessee to look for this garage full of hot men with hearts as sweet as tea in summer! Kat is forced to leave her home in Florida by her older brother and goes to Tennessee to live temporarily with her Uncle and help him at his custom garage. Her first impression of the garage is not one she would have expected but she is mesmerized by the blue eyes she sees. Blake is not su ...more
Kylie The Bookaholick
Aug 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow is all I can say!
Normally I am not a fan of the so called insta love stories but this had me captured from the beginning .

They way that Kat could really careless what Blake did drove him crazy. It made hime want her more!!!
Kat is not one to really like being told what to do. It all begins with her shady brother sending her away to live in Tennessee with her Uncle.

Blake likes what he sees in Kat the feisty lady who claims to only be in town temporarily. Blake is determined to make her his a
Jenny  (Jenz Book Jewels)
Jun 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book has hidden secrets, lies, lust, heartbreak and loads of hot sex. There is loyalty between all the guys that work in the garage & and Kat make some great friendships in Tennessee.

****SOME SPOILERS****

Kat gets turfed out of her childhood family home by her brother Dustin that is keeping things from her. She goes to her dad's best friends where she first gets a glimpse of a hot guy getting it on with a sexy woman. He works in the garage where her job is going to be, his name is Blake. He
Claire
I read this book as a quick / cute/ fluffy read, and that's all it really is.

It hits all the romance clichés, relying mostly on awfully repetitive sex scenes to cover up the lack of original storyline.
The so-called angst factor is so weak that it's almost laughable, the heroin's supposed blindness to her own feelings is not much better, and the epilogue just made me remove the third star that I was still willing to give and seriously damaged my opinion of Blake (view spoiler)
Renee at Book Happiness
Feb 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I recieved this for an honest review.. I have to say that I just fell in love with Kat and Blake!!! Such a fantastic read..

I found myself hooked into their story right from the beginning... This story was such a hot read that I found myself sad that it was over.. I loved Blake and his cockiness from the very beginning. These two complimented each other perfectly!!!

Such a wonderful debut for this author, I cant wait to see what comes next!!!
Spunky N Sassy
Aug 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
SNS Rating: 4.0

~~~~~~~~~~Lindsey's ★★★★✰ Review~~~~~~~~~~

Letting Go by Holly Renee was a very cathartic read for me. It was emotional and healing at the same time. This was a powerful story that anyone who has a difficult past should read. Its message was clear. Healing is important for everyone and finding a way to move on from difficult experiences in life is how you get to happiness. This is a must for anyone struggling.
LLEP  Book Blog
Oct 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book from start to finish!
This is one hell of a series starter.

~ Reviewed by Maci
LLEP Blog Owner
Maci Dillon
Aug 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
WOW! There is a whole lot of sass, great friendships, super charged chemistry and sizzling sex scenes in this book. I'm a huge fan and will be one clicking every book Holly Renee ever releases. This is one hell of a series starter.
Jaimee
May 17, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Choppy, awkward, boring

After 50%, I realized I was just torturing myself. I'm disappointed, as I have read other books by this author that were great. This one was loaded with awkward writing, bad cliches, boring plot and barely likable characters. I rarely find myself so OVER a book before I finish, but this one was a dud :(
Tammy-Jane Yates
Jan 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my giddy aunt oh how amazing was this book as soon as I started it I couldn’t put it down it captured me in from the very first chapter reading sharing and feeling the love between Kat and Blake is indescribable cannot put words to it but damn Blake Reagan you captured my heart the moment you spoke fantastic 5*
Stephanie
If I had not been on the beach with no WiFi, there would have been zero possibility of me finishing this.
You do tend to read the same story over often, when it comes to romance, but this was such a generic version that you have probably put down several times before.
Ahnen
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Always

Always a fast and easy but wonderful read. She has definitely become one of my favorite authors. I love who you can find references from her other books within all her books.
Lori Hoffman
Dec 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was confusing at first but then as I get more into the book I get it and I just loved the book I would recommend the book to everyone who reads romance with intrigue.
Ciara Kelly
Good

This was good but not great. Emotions and characters were not explored to their full potential, in my humble opinion
Heather Hampsey
Not bad

Dustin and kats storyline is interesting. I always seem to get more fascinated with the other characters like Erica and Gabe.
Lucy Armendariz
Jul 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed

Enjoyed reading this love story between Blake and Kat. It was truly a good love story the love and attraction between the two was great.
J.J.
Aug 13, 2017 rated it it was ok
2.5 stars. Worth a read but nothing all that different from the typical books in the genre.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Tears of Ink (Tears of ... Book 1)
  • Until Talon (Until Her/Him #9)
  • Love Above Law
  • Outcast (The Good Guys)
  • Ghost (Lords of Carnage MC #1)
  • One Call Away
  • Alphahole
  • Like a Boss
  • A War like Ours
  • Trucker (The Good Guys)
  • Withholding Nothing
  • Nailed (Blue Collar Bad Boys, #2)
  • Retaliation (Twisted Mayhem MC)
  • Fractured Promises (Reapers Reign MC, #2)
  • Second Chance to Live
  • Betting On Love
  • Her
  • A Slippery Slope
Romance author, full-time mom, and lover of Mexican food, all things Harry Potter, and yoga pants.

I'm Holly Renee, a small-town East Tennessee girl who is obsessed with all things romance. I love bringing flawed, sassy, and real characters to life in a way that makes you feel like you've been best friends with them for years. No two Holly Renee books are the same, but if you love real, relatable,

The Garage (2 books)
  • Breaking Down (The Garage, #2)

News & Interviews

“I guess that was the thing about death. You never realize the amount of magic one person had until their magic was gone.” 2 likes