Start by marking “How to Study in College” as Want to Read:
How to Study in College

How to Study in College

This best-selling text has helped over a million students transform adequate work into academic success. The Ninth Edition maintains the straightforward and traditional academic format that have made it the leading study skills text in the market. Based on widely tested educational and learning theories, How to Study in College teaches study techniques such as visual think ...more
Paperback, Ninth Edition, 368 pages
Published March 1st 2007 by Houghton Mifflin (first published 1974)

To ask other readers questions about How to Study in College, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Study in College

Yousif Al Zeera
Aug 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This book is just great. Forget the title, it is actually more than just "studying in college". It gives you impressive science into things like memory, handwriting, data collecting, health, nutrition, etc even things like your room lightning and posture and enhanced sleeping.

So it is sort of looking "comprehensively" into your studying ways/techniques AND lifestyle to convey in a scientific way how you can excel in your studies so this book is beneficial even to post-college life.
Barrie Evans
Apr 15, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I have a previous edition of this book. I had to add my rating to it because it gave me a direction to go in when I was in grad school. I thought that being a good student depended upon talent. Pauk teaches usable skills, not gimmicks. I wish I had had this book when I went to college for my undergrad. It would have saved me a lot of anxiety and wasted hours.
Anna
Aug 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a very helpful book, particularly addressing study and note-taking habits. I also benefited from the sections on scheduling and foreign language study. The author's writes clearly and concisely with a humorous tone.
Sarezh kamla
how to study in college ! this was a question i needed it is answer ..
i found the book with more than 400 pages , and i started before college will be open ..
so this book was talked in very wide rang that doesn't leave any any points you need during full year of studying , i gave 2 stars ( it was ok ) yes it was ok for me , .
i am not blaming the writers this is fault of our system and my college that some rules and in some point the book say some thing that you can apply or follow up here in ,
Franks V.
Oct 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cengage Learning
alex
Jul 22, 2016 added it
Shelves: nonfiction
i actually have the 2nd edition of this book, printed in 1974. my mom found it at her friends garage sale and it's actually still pretty useful.
Duke Silver
A few very good points, a lot of useless stuff.
Llorón De icamole
Jan 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
as other people said, this book gives you a direction to go when you're a student, i wish to have it before...
colleen
Dec 31, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction
read 05.30.86
Ama
Apr 26, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Was seriously one of the most helpful books I ever read in college!
Taylor
May 27, 2013
Jun 12, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »

• Looking Beyond the Ivy League: Finding the College That's Right for You
  • Wild Ink : Success Secrets to Writing and Publishing in the Young Adult Market
  • Study Is Hard Work
  • New Queer Cinema: The Director's Cut
  • Small Talk: How to Talk to People, Improve Your Charisma, Social Skills, Conversation Starters & Lessen Social Anxiety
  • Krav Maga for Beginners: A Step-by-Step Guide to the World's Easiest-to-Learn, Most-Effective Fitness and Fighting Program
  • The Story Template: Conquer Writer's Block Using the Universal Structure of Story
  • Final Fantasy VIII Official Strategy Guide
  • Negotiating For Dummies
  • Improve Your Handwriting
  • My Awesome Japan Adventure
  • The Woman in the Mirror: How to Stop Confusing What You Look Like with Who You Are
  • What Would Your Character Do?
  • The Kimchi Cookbook: 60 Traditional and Modern Ways to Make and Eat Kimchi
  • Money Girl's Smart Moves to Grow Rich
  • Planning Your Novel: Ideas and Structure (Foundations of Fiction #1)
  • Showing & Telling: Learn How to Show & When to Tell for Powerful & Balanced Writing
  • Pilates Body in Motion
Walter Pauk, Cornell University's reading and study center director, is author of the best-selling How To Study In College. Pauk has been lauded as "one of the most influential professors in the field of developmental education and study skills". He created Cornell Notes. In 1997, Pauk was recognized for his work with the Pearl Anniversary Award by The College Reading and Learning Association.