Start by marking “The Fear of Surrender (The Hampton Road Club #3)” as Want to Read:
The Fear of Surrender (The Hampton Road Club #3)

The Fear of Surrender

(The Hampton Road Club #3)

Master Thomas sees a submissive man aching for surrender if only Linus can be convinced not to fear The Hampton Road Club.

Linus never wants to return to Hampton Road after being attacked by a Master there. Even though he aches for the attention of Master Thomas—the one who he’d originally wanted—he isn’t sure he can ever trust another Master not to abuse him again.

Thomas i
ebook, 1st edition, 163 pages
Published February 2015 by Totally Bound

To ask other readers questions about The Fear of Surrender, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Fear of Surrender

Start your review of The Fear of Surrender (The Hampton Road Club #3)
Gerbera_Reads
Aug 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical, kinky, steamy
This was such a sweet story despite all the kink. I really liked Thomas. He was so attentive, kind and understanding - exactly what Linus needed after the debacle at the club. Linus was such a sweetheart. I liked how he slowly came out of his shell and learned to be strong and somewhat self-confident. It was his kindness that really made me love him though. The story time frame coincided with the second book except it was told from different character's perspective.

I liked that both men decided
Debra
Feb 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was another fast paced story that has a lot of sweetness alongside a good dose of kink. This book is best read after The Rules of Love as the events affecting Linus occur there and the timelines do overlap.

Linus has been scared away from Hampton Road by the abuse of Master Preston and even his previous enjoyment of his scenes with Master Thomas aren't enough to bring him back. Master Thomas feels guilty over what happened to Linus and will do what he can to help the boy recover, if only Lin
Breann
3.5 hearts

The Fear of Surrender offers the same type of loving master with his sweet, subby boy as we've been seeing in this series. I love it and you really can't go wrong with such a well-matched couple like Thomas and Linus, but I'd really like something different from The Hampton Road Club.

Thomas has had his eye on Linus, but was too late to protect him from a harsher master. But now that he's free, Thomas is going to keep Linus for himself.

Linus was really hurt by Master Preston in the past
JD Crittendon
Out of Distrust...Comes Love

A farm boy Linus, a bookkeeper Thomas find love through BDSM, a traumatic incident and acceptance. Overall, good solid storytelling. However, I often wonder about the submissives in these stories. They are usually traumatized or homeless or estranged from family. It makes a statement that there are negative external issues pushing young subs to seek this lifestyle. Are there any stories where a sub is employed, has a home but seeking something more sexual...same as th
Deb Swietek
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Go back to the Roaring 20's where BDSM clubs and gay relationships are super secret. This book continues the story of the Hampton Road Club and the men who call it their safe haven. Morticia has developed a world full of life , sweeping you back in time. Even the language is dated. Experience the foundations of the modern concept of Safe, Sane and Consensual.
This is Master Thomas and his boy Linus' story. Thomas must use all his skills to gain Linus' trust after he was traumatized by another s
Karen
Aug 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
We already had a brief glimpse of Linus in the previous book where he narrowly escaped from Master Preston’s clutches, thanks to Kenneth’s brave interference. This has left him with an understandable reluctance to return to the Hampton Road Club, afraid to risk submitting to another of the Masters there. Will he be able to overcome his fear of surrender with Thomas’s loving guidance?

Thomas and Linus have already met and done a scene together, before… They had an immediate connection, but Thomas
Faye K
Aug 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, ku-read, bdsm, dom-sub, m-m
A great book about a second chance and learning to trust again.  This is not a standalone story which continues from the book prior.  Set in the 1920s and the beginnings of rules for safety for Subs and Masters introduced into the club.  Beautifully written with gorgeous sexy scenes included as well as danger. I'm loving this series.

Thomas 26 was a book keeper but he was also a Dom at the Hampton Road Club he attended. Right now he had to help two subs Kenneth and Linus.
After an ordeal at the Cl
Shelley
Jun 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is best read after book 2 where Linus was first introduced.

Linus is a sweet naive young man who doesn't quite understand what it is he wants, especially after what happened with Master Preston (book 2). Thomas is a Dom and wants to care for Linus so Thomas takes him under his wing and teaches him to be the true submissive he is. What unfolds is a tender relationship that is built on trust, confidence and love.

If you like D/s stories and BDSM than this book and series is a good read.
Nicole
Mar 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Was a good read. Set in the 1920's. Great addition to the series. was good to see Linus get a good life with his Master. ...more
Pansy
Mar 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
I have fallen in love with this author and this series. I adore them. This latest installment of The Hampton Road Club did not disappoint me. It was just as sweet and wonderful as the first two books.

As I mentioned in my review of book two – The Rules of Love – I was hoping for a story about Linus and Thomas. The Fear of Surrender is that story.

Before I go much further, let me warn you, you will want to read the first two books before this one. They are definitely linked and you will be lost.
Jennifer Lavoie
Reviewed for The Novel Approach.

Disclaimer: I still have not read the first book in this series, though I did read and review book two for The Novel Approach. That said, even though this is a series, you can read this as a standalone, though knowledge of book two will help you understand more of book three, even if the events of book two are covered adequately.

I was correct in my prediction for Thomas and Linus! Hurray! I love these two so much, and even though I haven’t read the first book, I
Elaine White
Book – The Fear of Surrender (The Hampton Road Club #3)
Author – Morticia Knight
Star rating - ★★★★★
No. of Pages – 163

Cover – Nice!
POV – 3rd person, dual POV
Would I read it again – Yes!

Genre – LGBT, BDSM, Romance, 1920's

** I WAS GIVEN THIS BOOK, BY TOTALLY BOUND, IN RETURN FOR AN HONEST REVIEW **
Reviewed for Divine Magazine

Warnings: BDSM elements (spanking, obedience, club, pain play), Rent Boy

Yesssss! Thomas and Linus. The pair that, since the previous book, have been stuck in my head and refuse
Cathy Brockman
Dominance, Surrender. Fear. Heartache. Love.
Tomas has recently been hurt by the man he loved. His last sub left him for another. He has had his eye on Linus but realizing too late his feelings, Linus gets hurt. Hurt enough to make him afraid of dominate men, and the Hampton Road Club.
Linus was wary of the Hampton Road Club when his date brought him there and still not sure why Ned thought this would be the place for Linus. When he was under the control of master Thomas, Linus felt things he neve
Crystal Marie
Mar 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
While most of the books that Ms. Knight writes can be read as a standalone, I don’t really feel that that is the case with this book because there is so much that happens to Linus in book 2, The Rules of Love, that I feel it would be better if you read that one first, and then started this book.

Now that that is out of the way, onto my review! I have enjoyed this series since I started it, and this book was one that I was really looking forward to because of what Linus went through in The Rules
Andrea Goodell
Sep 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I’m not sure if I’ve mentioned this before, but I was nervous about reading these. 1920’s America is not my favorite era, but Ms. Knight does such an amazing job keeping us involved in the story of the lives of these charaters the surroundings and slang words and other props she uses to keep us in the 1920 just flow so perfectly I forget I really don’t like reading it.

Poor Linus, so far he’s the one I’ve felt the most sorry for. He’s had a tough time of it since he jumped on that train from his
Cookie Moretti
Jan 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
The Fear of Surrender (Hampton Road Club #3) MM/Romance by Morticia Knight

A copy of this book was provided to me by Inked Rainbow Reads in exchange for an honest review.

**** 4 STARS****

Book 3 of the Hampton Road Club series is about Linus. He's the sub abused by Preston in book 2. Kenneth and Saul saved him. He's scared to become a sub again cause he doesn't want to get hurt. How can he trusts Doms, when one hurt him?

Thomas, a Dom at the club has had an eye on Linus for a long while and he blame
Inked Reads
Mar 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
ThreeandHalfStars
This book was not one of my favorites from her. Linus is a young sub who had a terrible experience by the abusive "Master" that we saw last book. He is incredible timid and shy, not a strong sub like we've seen in the other characters throughout this series.

Thomas is a Dom, but he is so careful when it comes to Linus that it almost seems like he is willing to put his Dom side away, just so he doesn't scare Linus.

These two characters danced around each other so much. What could
Kara
Dec 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
This book was a good addition to this series!

Linus was hurt by Kenneth's former Master and is now understandable afraid to go to the club. Thomas sees Linus as a man aching for surrender and wants to help him.

So to start of this review I will admit this book did take me awhile to get into at first and I am not really sure why. I did really like these two men together and I did like their characters too. I also loved how you got to see more of previous characters too. So I can not really explai
Angie
Feb 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Inked Rainbow Reads Review Team~
4 stars for this M/M
You can read this as a standalone but if you read the series in order it gives you backstory and gives you the full picture. I liked this book, Linus just tugged at my heart for some reason. As with the previous books the story at times was too wordy for me but this book did move at a faster pace. I loved the fact that Thomas was so patient with Linus but at times even I thought he was
Sunny
3.5 rounded up

Linus was adorable, his thoughts, his reactions...sweet, needy sub.

He still didn’t understand all about submissive and Dominant men, but he understood what he liked. He liked having his ass spanked.

Yes, he did :)

There were moments, though, when I was uncomfortable with how child-like he seemed. Other than that, I enjoyed seeing him with Thomas, finding his place.
Sherry Bohrmueller
Jan 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
M/M BDSM
4 stars

I received this book from Inked Rainbow Reads in exchange for an honest review.

Book 3 started with a small repeat of the ending with book 2. Linus who was abused in book 2 is actually quite shy. I just loved how Linus was so sweet and eager to get to know Thomas. Thomas was very caring. I liked how Linus matured while being with Thomas. Their story was actually very sweet. So far I liked Aaron and Sam the best but Thomas and Linus are a very close second.
Riina Y.T.
Loved Linus and Thomas's story! :)

Wonderfully done.
May 18, 2018
Robin
Dec 01, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Body and Soul (Vanguard Towers #3)
  • Blank Canvas (Irons and Works, #2)
  • The Defiant Alpha (West Coast Wolves, #2)
  • Lost And Found (Vanguard Towers #2)
  • Finding Ripley (The Men of River Gorge, #1)
  • Their Boy (The Game, #2)
  • His Accidental Daddy
  • Creatures of Habit (Chosen #27)
  • Silver Daddy (Timberwood Cove #5)
  • Pumpkin Cream Pie (Welcome to Morningwood Omegaverse #7)
  • Not That Angelic (Chosen #28)
  • Kiss Me, Daddy (Kinky in the City: Club 83 #1)
  • The Ghost of Ellwood (Ivy Grove, #1)
  • Fate’s Perfect Timing (A Collection of Strays #3)
  • Gareth's Boy (Meadowfall Firefighters #2)
  • His Command: The Complete Series
  • Take Care of You (Taking Care, #1)
  • Unexpected (Unconditional Love, #1)
M/M Erotic Romance author Morticia Knight enjoys hot stories of men loving men forever after. They can be men in uniform, Doms and subs, rock stars or bikers - but they're all searching for the one (or two!) who was meant only for them.

When not indulging in her passion for books, she loves the outdoors, film and music. Once upon a time she was the singer in an indie rock band that toured the West

The Hampton Road Club (7 books)
  • Hesitant Heart (The Hampton Road Club #1)
  • Rules of Love (The Hampton Road Club #2)
  • Mastering Love (The Hampton Road Club #4)
  • Begging to Serve (The Hampton Road Club, #5)
  • Finding Sanctuary (The Hampton Road Club, #6)
  • A New Beginning for Angelo