Start by marking “All Strings Attached” as Want to Read:
All Strings Attached

All Strings Attached

--- She found the perfect guy. But he hates her dolls. ---

Anna is the weirdest girl Gavin has ever dated.

He lost his arm in an accident, and his mohawk makes him stand out from the crowd, so he’s dated his share of weirdos, geeks, and freaks. Yet no one quite like Anna. She’s cute, hot, and has boobs Gavin wants to bury his face in, but she just won’t shut up about her l
Published February 23rd 2015 by Acerbi & Villani ltd. (first published February 20th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about All Strings Attached, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All Strings Attached

Start your review of All Strings Attached
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
*3.5 stars*

This was... kooky. Wonderful, but kooky.

I'm pretty average/traditional when it comes to my styling. I'm too lazy or tired to figure out intricate, funky clothes, and my hobbies are reading and sleeping. Totally mundane. However, I love and am fascinated by small subsets of groups that are into things that are out of the box, or, I should say, out of MY box. This book was a full-on education in the bizarre, and I sort of adored it because of that.

Gavin is a one-armed goth makeu/>This
Alex

I decided to try the writers' M/F books as well, so I dove into this one, which was as good as the M/M ones.

It starts by introducing us to Anna,
Hosted by imgur.com
a pink-haired young woman obsessed with dollfies, who is out on a blind date with Gavin,
H</b></b></a></a></a></span>
  <span id=I first became acquainted with K.A. Merikan's writing when I read Diary of a Teenage Taxidermist, but I truly fell in love with it when I met Seth and Domenico in Guns n' Boys: Book 1, Part 1.

It starts by introducing us to Anna,
Hosted by imgur.com
a twenty-year old Goth guy who lost his arm in a stupid accident, which is one of the reasons he feels insecure around women.

What are dollfies?
Hosted by imgur.com

Now to the good stuff: there's all kinds of kinky sex stuff in this little gem, albeit interspersed with unnecessary teenage angst, jealousy and drama unfitting to the characters' ages, if you ask me.

But I've got to admit, I mainly read these authors' books because they write erotica so well. The plot is there, but it's not the main focus (for me).

All in all, it was an enjoying story, with a satisfactory ending (view spoiler). I'll be sure to read more M/F by these authors.

CC
Sep 29, 2018 rated it really liked it

Anna’s world revolves around dolls, specifically ball-jointed specialty dolls. As a freelance artist, she customizes dolls with make-up to create unique modifications. As a collector, Anna takes pride in her dolls by displaying them proudly and showering them with attention. When Anna meets a certain goth guy bearing resemblance to a particular specialty male doll, she is thrilled but she soon realizes he may be much more than a pretty face.

“A tall black mohawk elongated his silhouette even mo
K.A. Merikan
All Strings Attached by Miss Merikan

And it's OUT! grin emoticon Bisexual geeky heroine + disabled goth hero. What could possibly go wrong? :D

Pinterest! http://www.pinterest.com/KAMerikan/al...
warhawke
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Type: Standalone
POV: Third Person
Rating:

Since his unfortunate accident that changed his life, Gavin had been out of luck in the romance department. A date with a beautiful pink haired girl Anna brought him hope. However, she had an unusual level of passion on dolls that freaked him out. Now they must learn to find a balance if they don’t want to keep each other in.

But he was never enougclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
Standalone
POV:Romance
Type: ...more
Fathima
3.75 stars !!!!!

Oh man ! This was totally unexpected . A real quick read . Gavin is lookin for a girlfriend . Only problem is that Gavin is a goth dude . With lots of make up , tats and piercings . Anna is also looking for someone to fall in love with . But Anna has dolls . Lots and lots of dolls . And if you are no where close to understanding her obsession with them , then you might have no chance of getting it on with her . But Anna really likes Gavin with all his dark brooding features . An
Chappy
I love K.A. Merikan and this was my first read of their Miss Merikan M/F books.

Great story, a little out there but super hot.

Gavin is amazing (just love Goth guys) and I got to love Anna after a while. The dolls did freak me out a little but I learned a lot about the whole dollfie/Lolita thing.
Taya
Dec 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2-review
This my first m/f in over year. I have completely abandoned the genre for m/m. So this year when the ladies who been rocking my m/m world in the year decides to write their first m/f. the book I took that as a sign that it's time to get back to m/f game. As always the ladies characters write about characters who lives don't exactly revolve around the mainstream of society with a bit of well-placed humor.

We first meet Gavin and Anna while they are a date set up by Anna's ex and one ti
Bucletina
Jan 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: amantes de la cultura japonesa, geeks, otakus y amantes de una excelente lectura
Recommended to Bucletina by: Sus autoras
This time, as an exception, i will add an english translation of my spanish review. Sorry in advance for any mistake i might commit, as my english is not perfect in any way.

ARC generosamente cedido por sus autoras, que incursionan aquí en su primera historia f/m, donde vuelven a demostrar el coraje que las caracteriza para salir con una novela fuera de los patrones más tradicionales y en la que no parten de ninguna receta pre-establecida. Lo único que parecen querer repetir es el compromiso
Sammyd
Dec 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
GIVEN TO ME BY THE AUTHOR FOR MY HONEST REVIEW...

4 SWEET LOVELY STARS...
A sweet story of freaky hobbies and finding that someone to share it with....
Loved the character's and the story line great little gem of a book...

LOVE THESE LADIES!!!!!
Moonlite_Reader
Jan 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Gavin and Anna are set up by a mutual friend. Gavin is happy someone's willing to give him a chance, with his disability and all, but damn, not at the cost of hearing non stop rambling about this girl's dolls.
Anna is so happy she found a guy that's so hot and sexy and actually listens to her doll talk.

At first I was annoyed with Gavin for treatin Anna the way he did. But she is damn persistent so he finally gives in. He tries to compromise with the doll thing but still have the
Talltree
Mar 20, 2015 marked it as no-dnf-zzz-avoid
Couldn't get past sample
Janette
Mar 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-review
I know what you're thinking: a one-armed guy with a mohawk meets a girl with an obsession for Japanese dolls, and this is going to be romantic how? When I first read the description I was a little perplexed. First off, let me preface this by saying we don't review a lot of New Adult genre romances since this is an adult-content blog. Second, Miss Merikan explained it was heavily centered around dollfie, something I'm not inherently familiar with. I've seen pictures but wasn't ever really drawn t ...more
Lidia
Mar 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
I did know , Miss Merikan is a romantic freak...in a good way, naturally. This story was so sweet and "normal", neither the dark Gavin with his disability nor Anna with her kinky fantasies and eccentric hobby got me disturbed ( in good way, again) as other K.A. Merikan have. So, I liked the story and I relaxed more reading the book.
Blue
Apr 21, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5

Definitely different, quite fun read and I like how Gavin's disability was treated in such a low key way, rather than being An Issue with lots of Explanations (if you know what I mean).
Beth
Apr 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a quirky, fun, slightly angsty and dramatic, sexy story about a boy and a girl and a funky wicked cool doll collection. Anna is an avid collector of Japanese dolls, and Gavin is a recently handicapped guy who is struggling with his self-identity after his accident where he lost his arm. The story allows us inside their world of getting to know eachother, and learning about these dolls and the collector craze surrounding them. I really enjoyed it. As with all Merikan books, its completely ...more
Sandravides
Jun 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
story about a boy and a girl and a doll collection. Anna is an avid collector of Japanese dolls, and Gavin is a recently handicapped guy who is struggling with his self-identity after his accident where he lost his arm. Love this story it was dramatic, sexy and sweet.
Jade
Jul 24, 2015 rated it liked it
Wow..I don't know what to say, other than it was a unique experience reading this book. It was pretty different, but in classic Merikan style they made odd ball characters into people that you could relate with and care about. I really have nothing in common with either character(or really any character in the story), but that didn't stop me from developing a bond with them; it didn't stop me from wanting to see them succeed and be happy.

I loved the growth that Gavin went through. He had been t
Chasia Lloyd
Sep 20, 2015 rated it liked it
Loved the premise a lot, and the main characters themselves were fantastic - bisexual Japanophile with a ball-jointed doll obsession and gothic make-up artist with a missing arm = super cool. But I kept getting so frustrated not seeing any of their actual emotional development happen on the page. It's erotica, I know it's not going to be the next literary masterpiece, but seeing their relationship had progressed during a time skip without saying what happened = not cool.
K.N.
This is a book that could have (and probably should have) ended sooner than it did. The last third was contrived and obnoxious. This book was written as a love letter to sub-cultures and fandoms, but the characters were either extremely awkward and annoying (Dan) or abnormal, but still too close to godliness (Anna, Gavin, Andrea)... I appreciate the authors' intent, but this book didn't charm me.
Kara El
Apr 13, 2015
Maryam
May 31, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »
(Goodreads profile run by Kat)

Miss Merikan is the pen name for Kat and Agnes Merikan, a team of writers, who are mistaken for sisters with surprising regularity. Kat’s the mean sergeant and survival specialist of the duo, never hesitating to kick Agnes’s ass when she’s slacking off. Her memory works like an easy-access catalogue, which allows her to keep up with both book details and social media. Also wo/>Miss
“Anna didn’t seem to mind dating a one-armed skinny goth with loads of makeup, so who was he to judge her hobbies?” 1 likes