Start by marking “Lark Singer (Starlight Chronicles #2)” as Want to Read:
Lark Singer (Starlight Chronicles #2)

Lark Singer

(Starlight Chronicles #2)

Lark Singer is seventeen years old and already on the way to a brilliant music career. As she and her band, Starlight, gear-up for an upcoming, life-changing band competition, though, life seems to be throwing her a few curve balls.

The mysteries of her past seem to be unraveling, and she’s no longer certain she wants to know those answers, or how knowing about her past wil
Kindle Edition, First Edition, 123 pages
Published December 6th 2014 by Eskape Press

To ask other readers questions about Lark Singer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lark Singer

Start your review of Lark Singer (Starlight Chronicles #2)
Sarah Elizabeth
(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to author Lisa Orchard.)

“Don’t worry, Francine. No one in the band does drugs.”

This was a good second instalment, and I was so excited to finally find out who Lark’s father was!

“I’ll tell you the whole story, but you’ve got to promise me that you will not contact him in any way.”

Lark was once again very stubborn and headstrong in this book, she knew what she wanted, and she was determined to get it
Dianne
Once again, Lisa Orchard nails the very soul of being a conflicted teen caught between loyalty to her friends, her mother and her desire to know more about secrets that are kept just out of her reach. Lark is a talented musician, with a band good enough to play for small crowds, but even her drummer/best friend is acting strange. Some say he is involved with drugs, but lark refuses to believe it, until certain events cause her to question the boy she has known and trusted forever, right when the ...more
Aneesa
I received this book in an exchange for an honest review

STARLIGHT!!!!

I loved this book and thoroughly enjoyed it more than the first one, I loved all the adorable scenes between Bean and Lark! And the music? Boy was that intense!

description

Finally! It was about time Lark opened the box and finds out who her father is. The way it was going, I was thinking I would reach the end of the book and never find out!

The only thing bad about this was the denial Lark kept telling herself especially when she could se
Abbie
Jun 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Actual rating - 3.5

Lark was an okay character in this, although I did think she was a bit naive at times. It was obvious what was happening regarding one of her friends, but she just wouldn't believe it. I just wanted her to open her eyes and see what was really happening.

This installment was better than the first. It didn't seem to drag quite as much, and the progress with finding out who her father was definately made things a bit more interesting.

Looking forward to how things pan out in boo
Megan
I thought this was an okay continuation to the series. It's on the shorter side which was nice since it made it very easy to read, however it seemed very repetitive (I don't know how many times I was told that after Lark jammed she got extremely hungry, but it was a lot). So this book wasn't as enjoyable to me as the first book, Gideon Lee, but I did still like it somewhat thus the three stars.

I still liked Lark, but she did seem more naive in this book and unwilling to see what was right in fr
Faye
Jun 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
It was better than the first book and a bit more engaging. My first thought in reading the second book was that how realistic it was including the emotions. The things Lark is going through with her personal life and with her bandmates. Despite Lark having an improvement in personality there were some things that never changed.

Of course, while there might be good things happening there were more not so good things happening like with her relationship with her mother, the secrets of finding who
Sharon Mariampillai
I received a copy from the author, in exchange for an honest review.

Actual Rating: 4.35

This is a great read. It is a YA contemporary story with music infused to it. I love the MC. Lark Singer is a strong willed girl with the hopes of one day becoming a rock star and finding her biological father. I thought the story was great. The secondary characters were great as well. Also, I thought the ending was good. I am glad to find out the identity of her father. (view spoiler)
Lisa Orchard
Dec 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I loved writing this story and watching Lark grow and change through out it. This is a great coming of age story that tells the tale of overcoming obstacles and getting through setbacks to follow your dreams. Every teen should read this series!
Romancing the Book
Feb 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary, fiction, ya
Reviewed by JoAnne
Book provided by the author for review
Originally posted at Romancing the Book

This is the continuation of the Starlight Chronicles series and flows smoothly from book one, Gideon Lee, which I also enjoyed. We are back with Lark, Bean and Stevie whose band is still practicing for the competition which is now only a few weeks to go. We are immersed in their practice sessions both at Pearl’s, where they play 70’s and 80’s music, and in Lark’s garage, where they play the music they’
Kristina Applegate
Mar 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: free-for-review
Lark’s story continues and her band’s talent only gets to be more amazing. The energy flows through each stroke of their guitars and drums, the lyrics still growing inside of her. With the musical competition looming right around the corner Lark’s band, now named Starlight, take every chance they can get to practice and play Pearl’s to practice performing live in front of an audience. Things are getting more and more complicated with Bean, and it’s just a matter of time before Lark’s life is abo ...more
Melanie Adkins
Mar 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Stevie, Bean and Lark makeup the band Starlight. They are preparing for their first competition. The winner of the competition gets a trip to New York and so much more. Lark is trying to keep her mind on the band, it's not easy though. She still has questions about her father. Her mother made her promise not to contact him.
Meanwhile, something is going on with Bean. He's late for rehearsals and disappears for hours. Lark thinks it's because of his older brother. She's in for a big shock and m
Rebecca Austin
Mar 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-magic
This is the second book in Lisa Orchard's trilogy and you must read Gideon Lee first.

In this book Lark is beginning to get closer to the competition but things are getting a bit crazy in her life. Her mom, Francine, no longer wants people in their house due to some things vanishing and Lark is not sure what is going on with Bean.

Then of course Lark doesn't give up on her quest for information on her dad but if she discovers the truth will it bring her and her mom closer or further apart?

With her
Laura Smith
Feb 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was gifted by the author for an honest review.

Lark Singer is the 2nd book in the Starlight Chronicles and what a fantastic book this was!

It carries on straight from the first book where Lark and her band mates, Bean and Stevie are still practising like mad for the big band competition and Lark is still trying to dig up the past and find out who her really father is. Her relationship with her mother is still fraught but thankfully, her love for Bean keeps her sane.

When Bean begins to
Stacey
Mar 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
what do you do when one of the main people you trusted stole from you but not only you but your family .
do you call them out on it or let it slide and deny the truth .
or do you tell them to either get help or lose the friendship that they have had since childhood .
and what if by doing that it hurts the band but also to live a lie is to allow the stealing to continue .
so what is a girl to do . deny the truth or face it .
also why is a girl befriending her and why and could she be related to h
Raychel
Mar 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Lark Singer picks up where Gideon Lee ends, again I am back at that stage in life were you aren't a child but not an adult....teenage years are tough. Lark is in a journey to find out about herself, she might not realize it yet but she is. As she is put into a situation were it could end a friendship, she has some choices to make and I'm not sure she is going to like the outcome until later in life. I really like the development of the relationship with her mother and I feel a bond because I thi ...more
Heather McDonald
Mar 08, 2016 rated it liked it
My rating is more a 3.5. You can read my full review at www.readinglark.blogspot.com after 11 March 2016. ...more
old account (rl)
Jun 04, 2018 rated it really liked it

This sequel was much more enjoyable than Gideon Lee. I don't know what changed but despite Lark's annoying rants and rages, she seemed to have really developed from the previous book. I also found the plot more engaging. There was an added emotional angle and a little mystery to keep us reading. The story flowed really well and sucked you in.

I have to say that I quite enjoyed this and I am really looking forward to the next sequel. I don't know when the release date is but I am hoping
R. Colora
Mar 16, 2016 rated it liked it
Review for Starlight, Gideon Lee and Lark Singer:
First let me start by saying that I appreciate all the hard work and dedication it takes to write a book, I like reading ARC’s because it gives me a chance to read something outside of my normal genre so here where my dislikes and likes about the book
Formatting was good, not sure if it was because it was an ARC but when I turned my iPad sideways it made the page weird and I had to scroll down to finish the page, I’m someone who reads in the tub, i
Shelle Perry
Mar 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Teens and Young Adults
Lark Singer, is much better than the first book. This story picks up hours after the previous one ends and once again revolves around the band competition and Lark’s quest to learn the identity of her father. The twist in this story is that Lark’s mother is convinced that Bean is stealing from them and she fears it is to support a drug habit. Lark has a new found, maybe not respect, but rather a regard for her mother. She knows her mother is probably right, but being a typical teen and the years ...more
Book Review Virginia Lee
May 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a continuation of Gideon Lee story. Within this second book we see where the characters have grown up. Starlight Larks band is trying to get in as much practice as they can for the big musical completion that they are preparing for. The want to get some exposure to playing in front of audience so they got a gig at the Pearls. Secrets are becoming more and more dangerous to the welfare of the band. Will they be able to survive with the lies an secrets that get undercover. Will Lark be abl ...more
Virginia Lee
May 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Angelica Lichtner
Mar 18, 2016 rated it liked it
I must say that this book is better than the first one in the series which I am happy about! I have a better feeling and feel more happy after finished reading it. It is still pretty avarage and dont stick out but it is still enjoyable to read even for an adult. This is a quick read and I did read it in one sitting. Even if it is better the main character of the book annoy the hell out of me and I really cant connect with her and maybe that is one of the things that make me less hyped over the b ...more
Bethany Swafford
Aug 03, 2015 rated it liked it
Coming into a series in the middle is never easy, but I easily understood what had happened (more or less) in the first book. I found Lark to be an interesting character, if a little naive and far too willing to turn a blind eye to her friend's problem with drugs. I liked her connection to the music but there were several terms that were repeated: "riff", "jam", etc. The end was abrupt but I have a fairly good idea what happens in the next book.

You can see my full review at More Than a Review do
United Indie Book Blog
Mar 09, 2016 rated it really liked it

InD'tale Magazine
2.5/5.0

A YA coming-of-age novel, “Lark Singer” is written from Larks' POV. The young heroine is an impoverished, sweet, teen complete with the rich, perfect cheerleader girlfriend.

Read full review in the 2015 April issue of InD'tale Magazine.
A. McCarty
Apr 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Lark Singer is a better read than the first in the series. It held my attention much better and I really enjoyed it. I am so glad I read this one. I loved how much better the story flowed and the journey was one worth continuing in this book.

I, Amber McCarty (Imaginative Dreams), was given a copy for an honest review.
Peggy
Dec 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
**SPOILER FREE**

The plot continues with Lark and her life.. How much can she deal with as with as her career is taking off... You don't want to miss out on this book as it will have you wanting more!

*Received for an honest review*
JoAnne
Nov 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Read my review on Romancing-the-Book.com by clicking on the link below:

Kearan
Feb 20, 2019

Starlight Chronicles (3 books)
  • Gideon Lee (Starlight Chronicles #1)
  • Starlight (Starlight Chronicles, #3)