Start by marking “The Sacrifice (The Golden Key Legacy #2)” as Want to Read:
The Sacrifice (The Golden Key Legacy #2)

The Sacrifice

(The Golden Key Legacy #2)

The second Faedrah Austiere walked into his life off the canvas, everything in Rhys McEleod’s world stopped making sense. Not only does her story sound like a Grimm’s fairy tale, evidently he’s been cast as the villain. If that isn’t enough, the mirror inside that old, beat up armoire at her uncle’s condo is supposedly a doorway to another world. Ever since the pathway ope ...more
Published December 18th 2014 by HarperImpulseUK

Start your review of The Sacrifice (The Golden Key Legacy #2)
Beth
Dec 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The Sacrifice is a magical adventure to a marvelous urban fantasy world.

This is a love story that crosses centuries with an ancient evil on the periphery to steal it all.

Faedrah and Rhys know they are caught in a web of machinations but never imagined how deep the layers go.

Nuest once again envelopes us in her story and characters. As the layers of the story unravel, the diabolical plot is astonishing and wonderfully well constructed. I loved how there is a blending of Faedrah's take on this m
Jonel
Dec 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Nuest does it again! She’s written an absolutely unforgettable story that you won’t be able to put down. This one pick up right where the last left of, with emotions flying high and loyalties set. The intensely action packed plot with a fast forward pace kept me hooked throughout. The vivid, colourful descriptions paint this world right before your eyes.

By switching perspectives between the main characters Nuest gives you a well-rounded sense of the story & it’s implications to everyone involved
Dianne
Mini fan, check! Smelling salts, check! Eyerolls for parental interference and dictates, check! Fist bumps ready? Have you practiced your royal wave for the queen? Gather your things because A. J. Nuest is taking us back to her smoking hot, emotionally intense and quite frankly, sometimes humorous world of The Golden Key Legacy with book two, The Sacrifice. Rhys has gotten used to the idea that his muse, Faedrah, really is a princess from another realm, and he may have more ties to her than eith ...more
Johanne Poirier
Jan 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
From the previous book, Princess Feadrah has crossed over the mirror and end up in her uncle’s place wondering was she’s naked. Her uncles tell her to use the robe that is waiting for her, and ask who they are and why she’s in their appartment.

She is there in the mordern day and meet Rhys, who will help her find how to adjust to that new life. She will falls for him and share with him what has to be accomplish for being the Princess of a Kingdom.

She will also encounter the black side of magic an
Love Reading Romance
Dec 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Last time I reviewed one of AJ Nuest's books I promised a more concise review of Book 2, so let's see if I can satisfactorily fangirl this time without getting into thesis length territory.

You might remember that the last book ended, somewhat unsurprisingly, with the most horrible cliffhanger to ever hang off a cliff. It killed me. So I was relieved to find that The Sacrifice launches in right where A Furious Muse left us. Rhys has discovered that his father knows Faedrah, that they have some da
Terri Rochenski
Oct 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Well, hot damn that is one hell of a cliff hanger. While I HATE such things, I've got the next installment lined up & ready to go on my kindle. I had to take a moment, though, to jot down a smidge rather than give a drive by 5*.

Sometimes it's easy to grow numb toward a character / characters interactions, but not so with Ms. Nuest. She keeps it fresh. Another hot scene? Yes, please, because I will NOT be disappointed. Annoyed with each other? The Big Bad Guy haunts another dream? Bring it.

No sc
Lynn Smith
Dec 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The Sacrifice picks up where A Furious Muse leaves off. Which was on the edge of your seat cliff hanger. Rys learns the truth about Faedrah.As the relationship heats up between them and it gets scorching. Rys meets Faedrah's parents through the veil and so much comes to light.
Faedrah and Rhys relationship reminds me so much of her parents. If you haven't read the series this was spun off of you might want to go back and read it just for the face of how wonderfully it is written. Anyhow they have
Ellen Hardin
Dec 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
ONCE AGAIN THE MIRROR SWINGS OPEN SHARING OUR WORLD WITH AUSTIERE

so anyone who is a friend knows i have been anxiously awaiting this book- and happy to say it did not dissapoint -this time around the book starts with our heroine faedrah running from the evil wizard gaelleod who we find out is our heros rys dad- as rys dives in the car after her to escape his father- faedrah starts hitting him with her stiletto- he calms her down convinces her he did know who his dad was and takes her back to his
Hopelessly Hooked on Books
Nov 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was honored to beta read this and you are gonna love it. Review will come when released
Cheryl La Pa
Dec 17, 2014 rated it really liked it

This is the second book in The Golden Key Legacy series and it continues straight on from Book 1. The story is set in two interconnecting worlds –with Faedrah from the past travelling to Rhys’ modern world. This sets the scene for some humorous misunderstandings with Faedrah’s old world dialogue and customs as she explores her strange new world with its modern technology.

Faedrah is determined to stop the dark wizard, Gaelleod, and save her people’s kingdom from doom. When Rhys comes to realise
Kasey Cocoa
Jan 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
Very well written and nicely edited for content and grammar. I love the whole concept and the intelligent manner of writing this fantasy book. The characters are not only well fleshed out but the sort you fall for, root for, yell at and cry about. The plot feels original and well thought out and researched. Plenty of action that is very well written. Every check box for what should be in a great fantasy is in this book. I love the way Nuest describes everything - perfectly without going overboar ...more
Jessica
Jan 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
After reading the first book of this series, I couldn't wait to read the second one. Once I started reading I couldn't put it down, obvious since I finished it the same day that I started reading it.

I've read a lot of series books where the characters change a little bit and it leaves you a little lost because there's nothing to show why they changed, but the characters in this book are exactly the way that they were in the first one. I fell in love with all of them from the beginning and still
Michelle
Oct 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I'm addicted! Ms. Nuest picks right back up where A Furious Muse picks up. Within a page or two I was swept back into the world of the Golden Key Chronicles. The only issue I had is yet another cliff hanger and the wait between books. THEY ARE THAT GOOD.

This book figures out something that is going to help with the kingdom and now it has to be found. The danger is walking back into the layer of "Leo" who is back and creepier than ever. This book has a chill factor and an ending that will have y
April Hollingworth
Apr 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Review Courtesy of April Hollingworth

The Sacrifice is the second part of the wildly addictive, The Golden Key Legacy. Faedrah and Rhys find themselves in desperate need of advice. Both are determined to protect the other no matter what. Answers are revealed and a trust is needed if they are to come out with a plan that just might save Faedrah’s kingdom and people as well as their own lives. I must admit AJ has done it again. She literally takes you on a journey that you will happily dance along
Brittany Shivers
Feb 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Rhys has discovered that his father knows Faedrah and that they have some dark history. Faedrah has faced her greatest foe and much to her disappointment runs from the room terrified. Faedrah at first believes Rhys has set her up until she calmly listens to his explaination. Faedrah comes to realize that she loves Rhys. Rhys thought Faedrah knew his father through evil business dealings then realizes that his muse is actually a princess from another realm and his father, Leo, is an evil wizard. ...more
Shakera
Feb 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fantasy lovers
Shelves: netgalley
AJ Nuest never ceases to amaze me! Every page was a page turner for me. I was excited for Rhys to meet Faedrah's parents... even if it was through Skype... (well their version of Skype...) I was nervous when Faedrah had her dreams... I felt like I was with the two of them every step of the way... Great job!!!!
Kristin
Mar 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
This book picks up right where A Furious Muse leaves off. It is just as well-written and exciting to read as the last book. The two main characters, Faedrah and Rhys have finally graduated their relationship, from hatred at first sight (on her end) and obsession (on his end), to an actual relationship and feelings of mutual affection.
I found the sex scenes to be completely cheesy and eye-roll worthy. Get past those though, of which
JAIME
Jan 05, 2015 rated it liked it
The first thing that drew me in with this book was its lovely cover, and I immediately headed over to Amazon to purchase the first book in the Golden Key Legacy series given that this is the second, only to discover that this is a spin off of another series titled The Golden Key Chronicles which details the travels of our protagonist's parents. I don't think it is necessary to read the Golden Key Chronicles first to understand what is going on in this book, I definitely followed fine.

The last b
Mackenzie Crowne
Jan 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
While the Golden Key Chroniclers took me on an exciting ride to a mystical realm, The Golden Key Legacy brings the culture and honor of that magical kingdom to the modern day world and delivers a thrilling adventure. As I did The Sacrifice, I’ve adored each installment in this fantastical series full of rich world building, heart thumping adventure, delicious language and steamy romance.
Emily
Oct 31, 2014 rated it liked it
This book picks up where the first book left off. While the book was well written, it didn't quite hold my attention the way the first book did. It feels like the middle of a story rather than a story of its own.

The romance was amazingly well done. AJ Nuest can most definitely write a hot and steamy scene that makes you swoon. There is a hilarious meet the parents scene that shows you how Rowena and Caedmon are still the same, but have grown into their roles as parents. We also get to see anoth
Artemiz
Dec 18, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley, 2015
The second part of The Golden Key Legacy - The Sacrifice - by A.J. Nuest starts of with a shock to Faedrah and continues with her losing her virginity, telling all to Rhys, some earthquakes, meeting the future in-laws (from both sides), some digging in past and discovering a chilling pattern and some more love making against the wall, in bed... and then Rhys dad Leo is there and our young heroes, instead of getting away from him as quickly as possible, stay put and approach him and ...

That's it
Anika Claire
Jan 23, 2015 rated it liked it
I'm still not really enjoying this series as much as the previous one. I think it's mostly because I don't like Rhys at all. Worth reading to progress the story.
Michele
Dec 19, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: did-not-finish
Perhaps if I had read the other books in AJ Nuest’s The Golden Key Legacy series I would have more of a clue what is going on in her latest addition to the series, The Sacrifice. Picking up this novel cold, I’m at a loss. Here is what I can tell so far— Faedrah is a princess and kickass fighter from a world akin to the underworld, she fell or maybe climbed through a mirror thing in an armoire at her uncle’s place (cue The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe). I only figured that out well into the ...more
Emma Star Crossed Reviews
Jan 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: omc, netgalley-2015
This review was originally posted on Star Crossed Reviews Thank you to Harper Impulse for accepting my request via Netgalley.

This is the second book in the Golden Key Legacy Series. After finishing the first book A Furious Muse I knew I had to find time in my schedule to read the rest of the series.

This book picks up right after the end of the first book. Faedrah has just discovered who Gaelleod is and is working out her next move.

I don't want to give too much of the story away so I'll just say
Jo Hughes
Oct 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I would like to thank Harper Impulse for approving me to read this book on NetGalley in exchange for a fair and honest review.

In this the second book in the series Faedrah and Rhys need to return to Faedrahs own world and Rhys is determined to do whatever it takes to protect Faedrah.

As with all of AJ's books I was instantly transported to a different world and became involved in their story. I loved that both Caedmon and Rowena are back too. Some of the scenes in this story had be laughing out l
Shawnee Poling
Aug 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The first Novella A Furious Muse ended with Faedrah finding out that Rhys' estranged father is the dark wizard from her nightmares. The Sacrifice continues with the horrifying result of discovering the man you're falling for is the spawn of the black sickness destroying your land in the past.

This novella delves deeper into the relationship developing between Rhys and Faedrah. Their undeniable pull toward each other and the curse of their entwined family legacies of good vs evil. Sexual tensions
Karie
Jun 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
UGH! This book ends in a horrible cliffy! I so didn't see that coming. Ryhs and Faedrah find themselves in mystery, intrigue, humor and of course some sexy romance. I can't even begin to tell yo how much I love her! Rhys, best not be breaking her heart, as she will want to kill him herself.
I have never been so glad to be behind on a series so I could immediately go and open the next installment in this series. 5/5 Cross posting to My Reading REality
Erin
Jul 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
More of the same brilliance from this series - an epic love story, sizzling dialogue, creepy villian and a bitch of a cliffhanger. More please!!
Shelly
Dec 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This story revealed so much and more. Plus left you hanging in the end. The love and sacrifice that Rhys and Faedrah have for each other is awesome. The twists in the one will leave you breathless.
Kristen Lewendon
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Umm… Wow?! There’s so much happening here and so many secrets to be uncovered. I’m having great difficulty finding the right words to explain just how good this is. There are twists and turns that feel like they come out of nowhere leaving this reader reeling with shock. I was prepared to be surprised by what Faedrah was facing, but I never expected this. I need to know how they escape this complication.
I received a complimentary copy of this book from the author.
Multi-published, award winning author, AJ Nuest resides in a small farming community in NW Indiana. A wife, mother and freelance editor, she shares her home with a variety of spoiled-rotten pets. She and the cat are currently vying for dictatorship.

The Golden Key Legacy (4 books)
  • A Furious Muse (The Golden Key Legacy, #1)
  • A Wizard Rises (The Golden Key Legacy, #3)
  • A Time of Reckoning (The Golden Key Legacy, #4)

News & Interviews