Start by marking “High Performance Django” as Want to Read:
High Performance Django

High Performance Django

Level up your Django skills!

Getting started with Django is easy. There are tutorials and books that literally walk you through the process of getting your first site up and running. Taking that code from your laptop to the real world is like opening pandora’s box.

Should I use Apache, Gunicorn, uWSGI or something else?
Where should I use caching to make things faster?
How
Published 2014

To ask other readers questions about High Performance Django, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about High Performance Django

Start your review of High Performance Django
Daniel Greenfeld
Jun 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
As one of the co-authors of Two Scoops of Django, I'm often asked questions related to increasing the capability of a Django-powered site to handle high loads. I always respond to these questions with this one, "Have you read 'High Performance Django' yet?" I'm only half-joking when I say that we considered replacing our own chapter on removing bottlenecks with a page that says, "Go buy this book."

This is because "High Performance Django" is a really good book. Its relatively narrow topic means
Aaron Bassett
Feb 29, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: work
I was actually a Kickstarter backer of the book, and although it has taken me a while to get around to reading it I was excited to get stuck in after seeing the glowing reviews. Unfortunately I was left disappointed.

First of all it is short, very very short. I read the entire thing, not skimmed *read*, in a couple of hours. The reason for it being so short? They don't go into any sort of depth on anything. As soon as it is just about to get interesting they declare it is "out of scope" or "you
Ivan Chernov
Mar 24, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: python
Как начальный чек лист самых простых ошибок - сойдёт. Как хайлоад Джанго, вряд ли :-\
Ülgen Sarıkavak
Jul 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019
Genel olarak bilgi verici, konuya yabancıysanız hangi başlıklara bakmanız gerektiği konusunda fikir verebiliyor ancak hakkında yapılan reklamı hak etmiyor. Detaylar ciddi derecede yetersiz.
Tuguldur Unurtsetseg
Jun 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Laurens Bosscher
Aug 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a pretty short but to the point book. It doesn't got into very much detail but it does give a high level overview of how the guys at Lincon Loop are running their Django services and that is pretty much invaluable.

No bullshit, all great tips and advice and a great starting point towards getting started building your own high quality stack!

I especially loved the article about Logging, Monitoring and Alerting. It's pretty much required for any large site but so very often overlooked and I
Chitrank Dixit
Feb 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: computer-science
This is a very nice book to know about developing heavy applications using Django. It is all about how to measure things very well, optimize it accordingly and see the results and repeat this process, there are lots of good practices that make this book an awesome read. The tools used in this book are almost all open source that we can freely use.
Amrullah Zunzunia
Jan 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: devops
Great book,
although a lot of what it contains is not django specific, but it's good to have a book which collects all good practices at one place
Andy
May 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I had an amazing time reading this book, it was great, I learned a lot about Django scalability and I recommend it to anyone trying to learn on this subject. This book is really worth the price!
Jeff
Bormansquirrel
Jan 04, 2015
Lycium
Jan 16, 2016

• Hard Landing: The Epic Contest for Power and Profits That Plunged the Airlines into Chaos
  • Working Effectively with Unit Tests
  • Two Scoops of Django: Best Practices for Django 1.8
  • The House on Mango Street
  • Truth in Comedy: The Manual for Improvisation
  • Effective Python: 59 Specific Ways to Write Better Python
  • AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate All-in-One Exam Guide (Exam SAA-C01)
  • pytest Quick Start Guide: Write better Python code with simple and maintainable tests
  • Shutter Island
  • Liminal Thinking
  • Paris Spleen
  • The Lightning Tree

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »