Start by marking “Click Date Repeat (Click Date Repeat, #1)” as Want to Read:
Click Date Repeat (Click Date Repeat, #1)

Click Date Repeat

(Click Date Repeat #1)

These days, finding love online is as commonplace as ordering that coveted sweater. But back in 2003, the whole concept of internet dating was still quite new, with a stigma attached to it that meant those who were willing to test the waters faced a fair amount of skepticism from friends and family.

Such is the case for Chloe Thompson, a restless 20-something tired of the t
Published August 21st 2014

To ask other readers questions about Click Date Repeat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Click Date Repeat

Start your review of Click Date Repeat (Click Date Repeat, #1)
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life.

I received a copy of this book from the author for the purpose of providing an honest review.

4 Stars!

This book ended up being a solid 4 star read for me. I have to admit that when I first sat down to read this book I had a moment where I wondered what I had done by requesting this book. I read another book earlier this year about something very similar and it really wasn't the right story for me. Just a few pages into this book and I was hook
Kara Lauren
Jul 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This review was first posted here: http://karatheredhead.blogspot.com/20...

I loved this story so much! I remember Yahoo personals and how crazy it used to be! Now that internet dating is even more common, this story is still a must read! These situations still happen, even on the best online dating sites.

I laughed so much in this book. The character Chloe constantly cracked me up and I could easily identify with her, especially since she was single and had cats!

The only thing I did not like abou
Amber
Jan 12, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2017
The main character, Chloe and her friends were so immature and annoying. Her friends went back and
Forth in giving her advice and no matter what Chloe did it was the wrong thing in her friend's eyes. Chloe also worried about the opinion her friends had about each of her dates way way too much. I ended up skimming a lot of the last part of the book to get done with it. It may be a great read for some but it was not for me.
Tiffany PSquared
I knew this book would only confirm my suspicions about internet dating - it's not for the weak of heart!
Click Date Repeat takes us through Chloe Thompson's experiences with trying to find the next love of her life... online.
Surprisingly, she finds some pretty good matches. That's not really a spoiler because she also finds some absolute duds. Honestly, that's what I wish the author had included more of - the horror stories. Everyone loves a good bad-date story, right? (Like when we meet Sean &
Brian
Jul 05, 2015 rated it liked it
If you ever did online dating and remember Yahoo Personals, this book will bring back all sorts of nostalgia. Our main character is a young woman in her 20's who decides to take to the Internet. She goes on a series of bad dates with the kind of stereotypes you would encounter in online dating: a guy who isn't completely honest, a guy who is a perv, etc. The book is very very light and bubbly which is the sort of book I try to avoid nowadays. I would recommend it to someone who enjoys chick lit ...more
Tauralay
Realistic dating with annoying characters

Good story with realistic aspects of online dating but the main character was quite bland and unlikeable. Came across as a spineless person unable to make solid decisions for herself with no logical self control. A bit annoying but all accounts of the actual dating was quite realistic.
Anne (The Reading Life)
I received a free copy for an honest review

This book is actually very enjoyable, and it took me by a surprise that it was actually inspired by the author's actual experiences.

This book basically follows the author around as she experiences all the different kind of guys on online dating. It is really fun to read the horrid and dreadful dating experiences, and believe it or not, for someone who has never been on a date before, I learned a lot on dating antiquates through this book.

So for that,
Amanda  B Gillespie
Jun 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
A cute story about the trials of being single and dating services when they were new. Funny and quirky!
Awesome Indies Book Awards
Awesome Indies Book Awards is pleased to include CLICK DATE REPEAT by K.J. FARNHAM in the library of Awesome Indies' Seal of Excellence recipients at http://j.mp/AwesIndBk193

Original Awesome Indies' Assessment (5 stars):

Billed as chick lit/contemp romance, one would expect a light, fluffy, and … well, romantic type book. Nothing could be further from the truth.

The book starts off somewhat slowly and analytically as Our Heroine, Chloe, peruses the profiles and stats of possible matches on an
Katie
Feb 28, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Chloe, our protagonist, is neither likeable, nor unlikable. I was concerned about some of the events in this book, such as that Chloe didn't seem to think her ex Cliff's behavior was stalkerish, i.e concerning, and that she was very submissive in letting the man have sex with her when he forced his way into her apartment, and as for her date when she gets extremely drunk, and cannot remember the sex they have, although she did say yes when her date asked if she was on birth control, or should he ...more
Jennifer Hanson
Nov 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Click Date Repeat is basically the story of Chloe and her online dating experiences. I found this book to be both funny as well as sad, but I don't want to get into that as it might ruin it for you. If you're looking for an "easy" read with some humor as well as an actual story, don't hesitate to pick this one up. I loved it. KJ does a great job of developing her characters and her writing is incredibly smooth.
10914 Reviews (Britny)
Okay, this book was clearly meant for me. As a serial online dater, I needed this! Obviously, this was such a relatable book. I have tried my hand at online dating, and it was more disaster (plural, really) than success. However, Chloe was a strong character with a great group of friends (well, one anyway) and a hoot for a mother. I really enjoyed this humorous story and can’t wait to see what Jess is up to next! If you have never dated online (lucky you!), I definitely suggest to reading this t ...more
Teresa
Jan 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book made me laugh, it covered every kind of dating disaster, a lot of the situations can happen regardless of how you meet the man and some more applicable to online dating, A refreshing look at the trials of growing up and growing away from some friendships.
Anne Z.
Oct 06, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Good writing skills but not for me. This was not a romance book, just a book on online dating and all the creepy weirdos out there. To add the main character drunk to much and was far to stupid.
Again, the writing was good. KJ Farnham is a good writer. But I love romance, and this wasn't it. So not my thing.
Sheryl Sato
Sep 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A cute book about the ups and downs of online dating.
Karen
Oct 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. such an easy read. it was funny heart warming and just all around good. brought me back to the old Aol days. can't wait to read the second book.
Nancye
May 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pretty much hits all the horror of online dating and dating in general. Lots of drama, fun, and cringe worthy moments.
Annetta Vairo imparato
Light, fun read

Maybe the title was a little too on the nose, since there was a lot of clicking, dating and repeating, but overall it was a quick light read. I will definitely look into the sequel to see how things work out for Chloe.
Michele
Sep 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Why we do the things we do...

Really a great read. Complex and insightful with out trying.. Chloe does figure things out in more ways than one.
Helen Carey
Sep 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Having done the online dating thing, this was an enjoyable read!
Jakki Frances
Nov 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
THANK GOD!!!! I'm not the only woman struggling with the losers on internet dating websites; I know its fiction but it still makes me feel like less of a loser to read this book.
Rachel Barnard
Sep 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Chloe is your average 25-year old. She hangs out with her friends, she goes to bars, she spends holidays with her families. On the urging of a friend she tries out online dating and almost every possible combination of hilarious encounters with questionable profiles ensues.

Click Date Repeat is one of those delightfully fun novels that is so relatable in today's dating world. The story may be set in 2003, at the early stages of online dating, but almost every single detail and horrifying dating s
Chelsea Nicole
Aug 16, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This has to be the most inane book I have ever had the displeasure if reading. Not only were every character in this book trash, but the book belongs in the trash as well. Initially I thought this would be a cool concept. Its interesting to see how people find love online and to see them interact in real life. So that was a start. But Chloe.....
Chloe is a young school teacher looking to maneuver her way through the new and exciting world of online dating. She sets up an account with Yahoo! Perso
Tamara Philip
Feb 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
So I stayed up until 5 am this morning reading this book! I couldn't put Click.Date.Repeat down!! It was highly addictive!! First off as a person who was part of the first wave of people who made online friends, who became closer than real friends, and then started online dating when AOL online was still relatively new. I'm talking I was online friends and subsequently one of the earliest people on OKCUPID before it was a online matchmakers and just did fun, fresh quizzes! In fact, I met my husb ...more
Ibukun
May 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sweet
*I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review

Chloe wants very badly to find true love; and when the conventional methods yield no results, she decides to take a leap of faith into the world of online dating.
I enjoyed Chloe’s story way more than I anticipated. It made me laugh, because it mostly reminded me of my pen pal stint two years ago. Like Chloe, I met several people. The ones who weren’t weird turned out to be perverted, and vice versa. I didn’t get to meet any of them
Sarah King
Aug 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book is an excellent read; a funny, thought-provoking and at times cringe-inducing look at the world of online dating in the early noughties.

The story centres upon Chloe, a twenty-something teacher who is single and, after a few failed relationships, has decided to give online dating a try. Her decision is met with mixed reactions from friends and family, and comes with mixed results as she throws herself into some serious serial dating. You'll have to read the story to find out if she fin
Alexandra
Jan 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Interesting view into online dating - with more or less debatable characters (they all have their flaws, some very obvious, some at least at first hidden), and I disliked most of them more or less over the storyline but Craig - I really liked Craig! The interaction between them made me rant and sometimes laugh, it is a story that grips you and makes you think about clichés, about your expectations for men and women and their relationships and how much influence friends and family have on your de ...more
Kristine Berger
Sep 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Click Date Repeat brought back a lot of memories of on-line dating and the search for real love. But the book provided so much more. Farnham did a wonderful job of portraying the struggles of a mid-20s single down to earth gal, Chloe. I loved Farnham included everything Chloe was thinking, from her sensitive thoughts on her dating prospects, the bar scene, her love for her cats and her cleaning habits. Her characters were well developed, including the up and downs of so called "best friends", he ...more
Michele
Mar 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was slow going, although, not necessarily having anything to do with the book, but more my lack of time.
Having not dated much in my life, and way before the internet was around, I did have trouble relating to the characters in this story, but I did find myself wondering how I would handle the situations if I was in their shoes.
Heather Kallam
Apr 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars!!
I adored this book. It was so funny and awkward and true! I felt for Cloe throughout her crazy dating journey. I have had many situations like hers and I just sat there remembering all of my own dating woes! And that ending was so sweet. I just loved this book. It left me happy and with a big smile on my face! (that's what she said)
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Click Date Repeat Revision & A Sincere Apology 4 5 Sep 11, 2018 05:39PM

• One S'more Summer (The Campfire Series, #1)
  • The Fortune Cafe (Tangerine Street Romance, #1)
  • Driven to Date (Better Date than Never, #7)
  • Vegas Love (Love,  #1)
  • Never The Bride (Dilbury Village #1)
  • Summer at Sea (Summer #1)
  • There’s Always a Catch (Christmas Key, #1)
  • Diary of a Single Wedding Planner (Tales Behind the Veils, #1)
  • The Devil Wears Scrubs (Dr. Jane McGill #1)
  • Velvet Kisses (3:AM Kisses, #5)
  • Last Chance Motel (Last Chance Romance #1)
  • Cocoa and Chanel (Chanel, #1)
  • Breakaway (Heller Brothers, #1)
  • Wild Irish (Wild Irish, #1)
  • Frosted Sweets (A Taste of Love, #1)
  • The Executive's Decision (Keller Family, #1)
  • The Billionaire's Secret (Betting on You, #1)
  • The Misadventures of Catie Bloom (Bloom Sisters, #1)
K. J. Farnham writes contemporary fiction for women and young adults. She grew up in the Milwaukee area and now lives in western Wisconsin.

Click Date Repeat (2 books)
  • Click Date Repeat Again (Click Date Repeat, #2)

News & Interviews