Start by marking “Offside” as Want to Read:
Offside

Offside

Published August 3rd 2014 by Shay Savage, LLC (first published May 30th 2011)

Christine Wallflower & Dark Romance Junkie
5 Rumple Stars

Before I start my review, I'd like to clear something up. Yes, Offside by Shay Savage is fanfic based on Twilight. My thoughts on that? I honestly feel like this book could hold it's own without all the Twilight references because quite frankly it was bloody fantastic. But everyone gets their inspiration from somewhere and I don't think there's anything wrong with that. Now I'm done with that tidbit.
____________________________________________

About The Story
______________________
Mysza
Aug 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite-read

I loved this fanfiction story based on Twilight. The book is well written, Shay Savage did an amazing job capturing male's POV again! You might think it's YA but there were some hot sex scenes, so I'm not sure about that, not to mention that Thomas likes to talk dirty in bed. There was high school drama and angst, which I love, so naturally I loved this book. There was a lot of twists, so it sometimes felt exaggerated but everything was well put together in the end. I was utterly wooed by ending
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
4.5--Rumples--Stars!!

So...I really liked this one. I was a little worried at first. A few things concerned me.

(1) The fact that it was Twilight fan fic....

Yes, there were a lot of similarities and because of that all I kept picturing were these two....

And various other scenes from the movie. It didn't really bother me, I just found it amusing. The storyline itself was different but there would be pieces here and there that you could tell came from Twilight.

(2) The fact that it took place in hi

Release date: August 3, 2014
Rating:5 stars
Cliffhanger:No
HEA: (view spoiler)

**FYI: This is twilight fanfic, so if you aren't a fan of that, you need to be aware. It doesn't bother me, so it didn't hinder my enjoyment in the slightest.**

After reading Offside, I know without a doubt that I'll be reading more Shay Savage books. I wasn't planning on reading anything after finishing my last book. (For a few days at least...I'm a true book a
NMmomof4
5 Stars (Originally Read 10/7/2014)

4 Stars (Re-Read 7/12/2017)

Overall Opinion: This was still an enjoyable read the second time around. I am dropping my rating from 5 stars to 4, however, mainly because of the pacing. It was on the longer side at 481 pages in my kindle app, and I really do think it could've been edited down. There were some things when looking back at it that weren't all that relevant or needed for the overall storyline. I did feel like it was slow at some points, and I think it
Penny
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Actual Rating 4.5 stars.

I really liked this book.
It made me cry like a baby, several times. It is such an emotional book. Intense.
There are many things going on, the story is not just about one things. It is definitely no just about a romance between two people. It is so much more. When I though the book had to be getting naturally towards the end, as most books would have at that point, a whole new set of circumstances happened and I realized I still had almost half a book left to read.
It was
S.M. West
5 My Rumple STARS

I went into this with a bit of trepidation because it was YA (not that I won't read YA but it's not my go-to, depends on the author)and it also did not seem to go with the Shay Savage that I know and love. This story just seemed so far off from Surviving Raine or her Evan Arden series. And it is!! But silly me, so is Worth and Transcendence!

Shay Savage is one brilliant author and I have loved all that I have read of hers. Her writing is superb. No matter the story, Ms. Savage
Elaine
5 Onside Stars
 photo images_zpsdb1f8225.jpg

I’m Thomas Malone, and I’ve seen to it that the world revolves around me...

photo 62a8c04e58386b3ef530e8b2c60a1f5d_zps16fb6259.jpg

He’s smart, popular and the girls love him...he uses them to his advantage.

You see he’s the schools star soccer player. He’s being watched by soccer scouts for bigger things, he needs to focus on the game.

Then he meets Nicole his Rumple

photo 51a433b69429c92623c60f818900c6b6_zps02432444.jpg

I wanted to know her.
I wanted her to know me.
Not the jerk at school.
Not the guy in the tux.
Not the goalie on the field.
Just me.
But I didn’t know who that was.

My tho
Val ⚓️ Shameless, Skanky & Bitchy  ⚓️
UPDATE: I was unaware this was Twilight fanfic when I read this...because I was not in "the know" and, apparently, I'm completely and utterly unobservant as well. Regardless, if you want a review that's kind of separate from the whole fanfic umbrella regarding this book, here you go...

"I'm Gonna Go With 3 Stars" Stars

I'm not sure what I was expecting this book to be like...the blurb was kinda vague and Shay Savage can be kind of a wild card (which I love - she gave us both Surviving Raine and T
Mariam
Aug 03, 2014 marked it as dnf
DNF at 22%
description
Now, I read all of Miss Savage's books and I loved all of them. I said it a million times and I'll say it again: She writes the BEST male POVs in history but unfortunately, this one just did not work for me.

The hero, Thomas, was a grade A man-whore. He already got a blowjob from a random girl within the first few pages. He was too arrogant, treated girls like shit, and bullied anyone beneath him.

Add that to the fact that the writing was so exaggerated. All the screaming, shrieking, yel
Shay Savage
Jul 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Offside Summary:

I have to be the best. I am the best. I’m quick. I’m strong. I’m smart. I’m the star keeper of my high school soccer team, and I’ve got major leagues scouting me. As their captain, my teammates will do anything I say – on or off the field. Girls practically beg to be added to my list of conquests. As long as I manage to go pro for the best team in the world, I won’t have to worry about my father’s wrath.

I’m Thomas Malone, and I’ve seen to it that the world revolves around me.

Ther
Michelle
Jul 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 01-signed
4.5 Rumple Stars

Screenshot_20

Thomas Malone isn’t just the star soccer player in his small town. He owns the school, yeah he’s that guy. The one that gets what he wants, no matter what. Students, teachers.... everyone is at his mercy or really the mercy of the power his father wields in their town. But all that is about to change when she arrives.

Nicole Skye moves across the country to live with her father to have a fresh start. She knows she should stay away from guys like Malone but there is something a
Alp
At first, I thought this was just a simple sports romance, but I was wrong! Reading this book was like taking an emotional journey through good times and bad times of the hero’s life.

'An arrogant bad boy met a new girl in school.' Wasn't it something I've already read numerous times before? Oh, I was wrong again! I could tell it was different from other books. The story itself was good and interesting. The first half of the story was about Thomas and Nicole, how they met and became friends. It w
✿kawehi.reviews

3 "Rumple-Kitten" stars!! ☆

“Sometimes, I felt like the first part of my life had been played offside-- like every move I made was pointless because I could never score from where I had been. Now things were in perspective, and though it wasn't what I thought it was going to be, I knew I had the chance to make something of myself.”

Offside is one of those reads where you'll either love it or hate it.

I always try to take my reads by the grain of salt but Offside kind of started off slow, th
Sandra
Formerly the Twilight fanfic OFFSIDE by the same author with the same pen name. Edward Cullen became Thomas Malone. That's about all. Nope, nope, nope.
✿ℎazℯℓ - thℯ ℛock Cℎick ℱairy✿
5 totally emotional stars! I RECOMMEND this to everyone who has ever felt like they couldn't trust anyone, like they're alone, like they can't tell anybody what's going on at home, like they had to hide who they truly are. I promise you, people notice and there are people who care enough to do something.

I swear this book is a roller coaster of emotions. I know it sounds cliche, but that's just how it is. Thomas is just a guy that you can't help but love, feel sorry for, want to take care of, hu
chan ☆
Apr 04, 2018 marked it as to-read
twilight fanfiction you say? sign me the hell up

fun fact: I was part of a youtube collab channel centered around all things twilight when I was in like 7th grade

I mean it when I say I am the queen of trash
Anna Banana
Nov 02, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.865 stars! (Thanks Nicole, the decimal came in handy!)

Latch by Daniela Andrade (Cover)

So to say I had extremely high hopes about this one would be an understatement. I think I assumed I knew what kind of book this would be and figured it'd be a quick light but sexy read and then I'd go back to the books I'm supposed to be reading. Well whoops on my part because this book was nothing like I thought it would be. And that's both a good and bad thing.

This book is entirely in the male POV, Thomas M
Vishous
I think, NO, I KNOW, I would have loved this book more, if I read it in the time when I read BD, Thoughtless, Avoiding series etc. This book would have been perfect for me back then. Just purrrfect!

It's a shame I read it this year, because it didn't sit that well with me. I don't remember where things went wrong, because I read it months ago, but I remember being very disappointed.
Sleepless Readmore
Aug 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 I'LL-BE-YOUR-RUMPLE-STARS

Thomas & Nicole ♥

description

A Shay Savage book? No questions asked. I must get my hands on, and boy did I! Flew right through this one. It wasn't as fantastic-earthshattering-mindblowing as her other novels. However, it still was pretty damn good. I adored Thomas; the love he had for Nicole was so beautiful *TEAR DROP*! Can I just say that a guy who can quote Shakespeare is pretty darn attractive and has definitely upped the stakes. The length was perfect because it was long

Paloma
Oh God this was good

this was so GOOD

I'm not surprised considering it by Shay...she literally cannot do any wrong.

guys.

you have to meet Thomas Malone

this story took a bite outta me

seriously I read the epilogue and i feel phantom pain.

WHAT EMOTIONS

WHAT FEELS

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
aksana  -  4 - 8 - 15 - 16 - 23 - 42 -
4.5 Stars
Carissa
Aug 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing

5 Arrogant and cocky Thomas you #1 SOB  STARS

Shay Savage introduces us to Thomas Malone, goalie prodigy,  teenage womanizing stud and the biggest ass there is. Not to mention the effer is freaking brilliant!!

Such a cocky, arrogant, A-hole and I loved every minute of him through this story. All his inner ramblings, his shakespearean quotes and the holier than thou attitude.

Then in walks Nicole Skye and all thoughts and focus on the game goes straight over the net. She's diffe
Shelly Jenkins
Jul 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: modern-romance
Another great one from Shay Savage. I love her character arcs. She writes these repellent men with horrible amounts of baggage and equally horrible tempers but you still fall in love with them.

The main character in Offside is Thomas, who was raised by a violent, controlling father to be an appalling womanizer and a winner at all costs. But, privately, we see he has an artist’s soul and he uses his photographic memory to remember lines from Shakespeare that he uses as his moral compass.

The heroi
Sara
Jul 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: august-2014
I really did enjoy this book. Thomas was a senior in high school, and star soccer player. Hes a complete player with the ladies and they fall hand over foot to be the next notch in his bedpost. Although I'm pretty sure none ever made it to his bed. Hes the most popular boy, most desired, most feared...you name it. His school life he reigns supreme. At home, his father reigns with an iron fist. I absolutely HATED his father. Everything he did, everything he said. Complete and utter disgust was wh ...more
Ji
4 Solid Stars

Thomas

Nicole/Rumpel

This story was quite dark. Holy crap the encounter between Thomas and his Dad was scary and obnoxious at times.
I think Thomas' dad was truly sick in the head. Despite it being dark I really enjoyed Thomas' and Nicole's story.
I love Shay's books because they are in the Male POV. She does it so well all the time.
Thomas was rough and sweet. You kinda hate him in the beginning, but as he starts to pursue Nicole, Thomas starts to shed his facade.

Thomas' dad is against
Julia's Book Haven
I would give this more then 5 stars if I could! I loved it!
Maria Bikaki
Mar 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 rumple stars from me.
Offside was my first shay savage book and I must say that I really got stuck with her writing style. And what I liked most was that she decided to tell the story from the male Pov a detail that I love in books because I always thought that the male pov have more interest. Offside is the story about love, pain, hidden secrets, redemption of the high school star soccer player and the new girl that just transferred in school.
Thomas is rich he is the star of school, narcistic
Perry ★TBBSisterhood Blog★
5+++++ Stars

God, how I loved this book. I can safely say Shay Savage is one of those authors that are worth every single second you spend reading her books. Offside was nothing particularly original in and of itself. It featured a basics high school premise where the jock, the quintessential bad boy meets the responsible hard to get good girl. He's relentless about his pursuit for her and eventually she discovers his deepest darkest secrets and helps liberate him, mind and soul. None of this is
Lucia
Jun 15, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fanfiction

The Offside was OK, I enjoyed it a lot. The beginning of this story was not very good and I was even considering to stop reading. Than storyline got better and I was hooked. There was some angst but I never found them too bad to make me worry.

I liked the fact that whole story was written from Edward's point of view. Edward, as captain of soccer high school team and son of powerful mayor in Forks, behaves arrogantly and I did not like him at all at the beginning. But than arrives Bella, discover
Goodreads Librari...: please add page numbers 2 13 Dec 08, 2014 11:05AM
Offside 3 83 Aug 05, 2014 09:50AM

• Revelry
  • Fridays at Noon
  • Wide Awake
  • The Misapprehention of Bella Swan
  • Starlight (Starlight Trilogy, #1)
  • Unexpected Circumstances
  • Vall's Will
  • Cursive
  • All I Want - A Tryst with a Twist
  • Animate Me
Shay Savage is an independent author from Cincinnati, Ohio, where she lives with her family and a variety of household pets. She is an accomplished public speaker and holds the rank of Distinguished Toastmaster from Toastmasters International. Her hobbies include off-roading in her big, yellow Jeep, science fiction in all forms, and soccer. Savage holds a degree in psychology, and she brings a lot ...more
“Maybe making a few “drain babies” wasn’t a bad idea.” 10 likes
“I’m sorry for what I did,” I whispered. “I’m still keeping my promise, though. I’ll never forget anything again—I swear it. I haven’t forgotten anything since that day, Mom. Nothing.” 6 likes