Start by marking “Kiss A Cowboy (Kiss A Cowboy Series #1)” as Want to Read:
Kiss A Cowboy (Kiss A Cowboy Series #1)

Kiss A Cowboy

(Kiss A Cowboy #1)

Sometimes fate steps in and changes everything...

Andi Stevens drives away from her home town of Seattle and says goodbye to her sister to begin a new life with her fiancé in Buffalo, New York. When her car breaks down in the mountains of Montana, she reluctantly knocks on the door of a cabin for help. What she finds is Luke Brennan, the most handsome man she's ever met, wh
Published August 5th 2014 by Deanna Lynn Sletten

To ask other readers questions about Kiss A Cowboy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kiss A Cowboy

Start your review of Kiss A Cowboy (Kiss A Cowboy Series #1)
Susan (The Book Bag)
Aug 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I just love it when I know I have a new Deanna Lynn Sletten book to read! I absolutely adore her stories! Kiss a Cowboy was a wonderful escape from my hectic, crazy, busy life.

Andi is traveling cross country to start a new life in New York with her fiancé. Then... her car breaks down. Can she trust the nearest stranger to help her out? And that stranger, Luke isn't sure what to make of this 'city girl'.

'He may be good looking, but that didn't mean he wasn't a serial killer.'

As Andi is stuck out
Coco.V
Jan 28, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (1/28/2020)! 🎁
Tia Bach
Sep 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Andi Stevens is driving cross-country to start a new life. She's looking forward to some adventure along the way--having turned down her fiance's offer to simply fly her--but gets much more than she's expecting when her car breaks down.

Luke Brennan opens his door to her, and life will never be the same. Unfortunately, he's hardened toward love. Will they find their way to each other or simply accept the easier choices?

I loved these characters! Andi has a reserved spunk; she's strong, but still
Amanda
Sep 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Hands down favorite book of the year! I wish I could rate this more than 5 stars.

Deanna has a way with words that seem to pull you in from the very first page. I was anxious to read this book as I have read and enjoyed all of her other books, but there is something about this one book that goes above and beyond!

This story starts with Andi driving away from her home, sister and the only life she has ever known. Taking one last trip alone across the country is what she needs and wants until her ol
Tammy Sowards-Sanchez
Nov 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great read

This book was great. The charachters are well developed. we meet a women traveling cross country when she runs in to some trouble. will she make it to her destination? will she find help? What will she find down the road? Will she find true love? will she find what she really needs?
Meg
Aug 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is such a cute and adorable book! Such a great romance novel with a great love story. I can't wait to read the next books in the series. I could not put this book down once I started reading it! ...more
Elisa
Feb 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
A good romance and I now wanna go kiss my own Cowboy...lol I'm eager to read more from Deanna Lynn Sletten. ...more
Donna Porter
Jan 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Andi Stevens is on her way from Seattle to New York to move with her fiance. She was sad she was leaving her sister, Carly behind. She raised her since her parents died when she was eighteen and carly was fourteen. She had put them both thru college. Andi was an artist. In the mountains of Montana her car broke down along a dark road and she had no cell service. She saw a light in the distance so she walked to the cabin and knocked. The home belonged to Luke Brennan. She was looking to use a pho ...more
K.
Aug 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful novel, beautifully written. I'm usually more for the horror genre, but every now and then, I enjoy something more positive, more romantic, and Kiss A Cowboy has a vanilla flavor somewhere in between The Horse Whisperer and Denise Hunter. Because her car breaks down, the main character Andi must knock on a stranger's door, asking for help, and a Hot Cowboy opens. I greatly enjoyed the nature scenes, the lush descriptions, the horses, and the heartwrenching beginning of a very passiona ...more
Norma Reasor
Mar 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book had me at "Cowboy"

Loved this book. Andi leaves her home and her sister in Seattle to drive cross country to be with her fiancé in Buffalo. Before she arrived in the Montana town where she planned to spend the night, her car broke down in the middle of nowhere with no cell phone service. A small light leads her to a cabin and a grumpy cowboy who drives her to the main ranch house to call her auto club. She had no idea three weeks could turn her life around so completely.
Pamela
Aug 16, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
While her stories are romantic and entertaining, the endings leave something to be desired. They're so abrupt. Perhaps an epilogue would help. ...more
Sandy
Jan 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved this

Really enjoyed this book. Have already bought the next in the series. I will continue reading that one till I can't keep my eyes open.
Linda Rea
May 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Had to read it in one sitting
Meiwilli
Dec 06, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I don't like sappy romance books, but since this one was given to me free for a road trip, I took a chance on it. After all, I love cowboys! Kiss A Cowboy, not so much.

The (thinly veiled) Plot

Andi Stevens is driving from Seattle, Washington cross country to meet up with her fiance Derek Hensley in Buffalo, New York when her old Ford Escape finally gives up the ghost in Montana. Derek is [in]patiently awaiting Andi's arrival so he can show her off to his new colleagues for the trophy she has all
Sleepless
Aug 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was captivated from the first page!

As soon as Andi knocked on Luke's door I was hooked! What became clear immediately is that the artist was in awe of the Montana scenery and the wonderful Brennan family and animals as family also!
I immediately picked up the authors clues about Derek! He never said "I love you" and only talked about his needs not Andi's! Luke and her sister Carly tried to penetrate Andi's defenses to reveal how Derek treated her to no avail!
Deanna Lynn Sletten abuses the reade
Carol S. Roeder
Dec 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Adorable

This book is so adorable and I loved the characters, the beautiful descriptions of the country side; people, animals and so on. It kept me reading because you just knew Andi and her Cowboy were just going to get together, just not when! It was the ending that kept me from giving it a 5 stars! There was so much more she could have done with the ending, in fact another whole chapter or two could have been written! I would love to tell you what I thought she could have done but that would p
Laurel
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of the best chaste cowboy romances, I have read in a long time. The best part was when I finished reading the book, and found myself content & not feeling let down. This is a modern ranch, dealing with real issues. Enough people review these books to death. I am looking forward to the second book. At different parts of the book, things can get a bit shallow. I realized that those characters involved in those shallow parts, were actually very shallow themselves. Enjoy the read.
Kathy Zuercher Diveley
Feb 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Andi and Luke

Andi is on the way to Buffalo, New York, when her car breaks down. She seeks help at a cabin close to the highway. There a handsome cowboy takes her to the main house to call for a tow. His mother, Ginny welcomes Andi to stay. Her car causes her to stay for 3 weeks. Meanwhile she takes pictures and sketches the ranch life, plus helps Ginny can ,preserve and cook. She starts to doubt her love for her fiance Derick, and the high city life. She's just a simple girl who loves nature and
Danny Alderson
Feb 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Ultimate Love Story!

Oh my! This story of Andi and Luke is so amazing. Most artists paints with oils and water colors....Deanna Lynn Sletten literally paints with words! She mixes reality, fantasy, and imagery into one fantastic love story. At one point, as Andi and Luke were walking after a rain, I swear I could smell the fresh scent of pine Andi was describing.

I am hooked and am now off to purchase her next book!
Sonnetta
Jan 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
A truly enjoyable romantic story

Andi and Luke are perfect for each other. They are both older siblings and are accustomed to looking out for loved ones. I love the grandmother they developed. As I read I could see the pictures that Andi was taking. It makes me want to see Montana.
Lovebooks
Feb 26, 2019 rated it liked it
Bit drawn out, seemed like way too much information and no real action until the last 5% of the book. Likable characters although the h was a bit of a pushover even though the H thinks she's a strong woman. When she becomes unsure if her fiance solicits escorts for business and she can't decide if it's right or wrong, grow a backbone girl! ...more
Catherine Browne
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Charming with an excellent story

You fall in love with the characters, the dog, the horses, the ranch and Montana! The author has woven together an excellent story that is not too overly sentimental. It embraces the characters, their lives and feelings interwoven with beautiful scenery that created beautiful pics in my mind. Definitely worth the read!!
Dana Winright
Jun 11, 2019 rated it liked it

The book is good but some parts are a bit appalling. A woman is engaged, she breaks down near a ranch and she has to stay for a bit while the car is being fixed. The mother encourages her son and this woman to go in a 3 day trip. The son prefers not to because he feels it’s not appropriate.

I still liked the book but probably won’t read the rest of the series.
Terri Mastraieni
Nov 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Life on a ranch

I have really enjoyed all of the books written by Deanna Lynn Sletten that I have read so far. This is book one in a series about the love between a city girl as a cowboy. The story wad cute but not as good as some of her others. Still I will read Series Two to revisit the characters in book one.
Kathy
Dec 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wasn't sure what to expect from this book. I normally read urban fantasy, but gave this a try. Glad I did. It's well written and let's just say I fell in love with a cowboy. Will be looking to pick up the next in the series. ...more
Cynthia
Apr 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful

Andi left Seattle and was driving to Buffalo to meet up with her fiancee, she decided to take her time. When her car broke down in front of the Brennan ranch. Little did she know that they would change her life, especially Luke.
Deanna  Joss
Apr 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great read

A very good read
Lots of excitement with a very good support for mowing yourself and putting your own wants and needs first
Refreshing not having all the dirty step by step details of some romance books
Very sweet and romantic
Kathleen Booker
Apr 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Love cowboys

Andi starts driving cross country to her future only to break down in front of a cowboys house and finds her true future. Very glad she had the good sense to stay with him. Looking forward to more.
Belinda K Miller
May 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The perfect cowboy meets city girl love story!!!

Loved the characters and the whole story! Gorgeous honest hard working cowboys! Enter a sweet trusting city girl and wham love grows!
Pauline Frost
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a new author but I wanted to give the writing style a chance since it is about a cowboy. I enjoyed the way this story pulled me in from the start and how both Luke and Andi interact. Cannot wait to get the next one in this series to find out about the next couple.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Cowboy's Christmas (The Harding Brothers #3)
  • Give Me Love (Rose Canyon, #2)
  • A Firefighter's Christmas Gift (Holidays in Heart Falls #1)
  • A Lot Like Home
  • Mistletoe Kisses (Northstar Holidays, #1)
  • Troy (American Extreme Bull Riders Tour, #5)
  • Hitched (Tarnation, Texas, #1)
  • The Castle Mountain Lodge Collection: Books 4-6
  • Her Montana Brand (The Brands of Montana, #1)
  • Christmas Lights and Cowboy Nights (Marshall Ranch, #3)
  • The Island: Compass Key Book 1
  • Help Me Remember (Rose Canyon, #1)
  • You for Christmas (Rags to Riches, #3)
  • Play Me (West Texas Barnes Brothers #2)
  • Heartbreaker (Billionaires of White Oaks, #1)
  • Wild for You (Riding Tall 2 #4)
  • Texas Two Step (Whispering Springs, TX #1)
Deanna Lynn Sletten is the author of THE ONES WE LEAVE BEHIND, MISS ETTA, THE WOMEN OF GREAT HERON LAKE, MAGGIE'S TURN, THE LAKE HARRIET SERIES, and several other titles. She writes heartwarming women's fiction and romance novels with unforgettable characters. She has also written one middle-grade novel that takes you on the adventure of a lifetime.

Deanna has recently begun a new murder mystery s

Kiss A Cowboy (3 books)
  • A Kiss for Colt (Kiss A Cowboy #2)
  • Kissing Carly (Kiss a Cowboy #3)