Start by marking “Counter Hex (Covencraft, #2)” as Want to Read:
Counter Hex (Covencraft, #2)

Counter Hex

(Covencraft #2)

Jade's friend-count stands at three. Four, if you include the lizard.
Now that she's joined a coven, Jade is figuring out what it means to be a witch. Spells, counter-hexes, charms and surprisingly: paperwork. She considers the transition from mundane to witch successful with only a few exceptions. Most notably, the demon who keeps showing up in her pantry, her taboo lust
Published May 15th 2014 by Fable Press (first published May 14th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Counter Hex, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Counter Hex

ratherastory
Leah Speller
Apr 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
In actuality it only took me two days to read this book. I just kept it there so I would remember.

I love this story and the world this author has created. The rules for the paranormal are a little different and I am curious and hopeful that the question of how she even got her magic is going to be addressed in the next book.

I certainly enjoy both of the books and have preordered the next and sit anxiously for its arrival.
Lynne Mclaughlin
Dec 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
I finished this book quite a while ago. Ironically I read it while my youngest child was very ill in the hospital, and now I am up at 3am with the same child, sick again. In any case, it was fabulous! Excellent follow-up to the first novel in the series, and left me every bit as hungry for more of Jade's story. Well done, Margarita!!
Mykenna Rose
Jun 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book even better than the first (which is saying something because I absolutely adored the first book). I loved the entire plot and the character development! Great job! Can't wait for the next one!
Angie Luck
Jan 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the best

This is my second coven craft and I can't wait for another! Extremely well written and with good knowledge of magic and witchcraft.
Abra
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jade is settling into Coven life somewhat and now has a job in Counter-Magic. Unfortunately for her, as the newbie she gets the sucky jobs. At the beginning of the book she is tromping through the sewer tracking down magic stuff. While she's down there she finds a very large lizardy thing and saves it.

Jade has been working with demon magic and has an aptitude for it. She wards her cottage so that no one can get in until she tunes the spell to them. She doesn't hex the pantry because if Seth the
Sarah Madison
Aug 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
When I picked up the first book in the series, Trial by Fire, at lunch one day, I couldn't put it down. I read straight through lunch--forced myself to go back to work--picked it up again while waiting for takeout, and sat in the parking lot reading while my dinner went cold. I put off reading Counter Hex because part of me was a little afraid it couldn't possibly be as good as the first book. Boy was I wrong! I made sure I didn't have anywhere to be (just in case) and sure enough, was pulled in ...more
Jenn
Jun 26, 2015 rated it liked it
I enjoyed the story in this one, even more than I did Trial By Fire, so it pains me to give it a lower rating. The editing was awful! (Kobo edition anyhow). Duplicate words or nonsensical phrasing (as if someone had inserted a new descriptor, or action, without removing the old one) very quickly pulled me from the enjoyable fictional universe and plunked me right back down into reality. It was really distracting.

I'll still read the third book in the series, this was just a disappointment.
Tessa
Jun 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal, series
The second story almost didn't disappoint. It's four star, so definitely still good, with more characters getting fleshed out, and Jade's magic preference becoming the forefront of the story. It sets up for some interesting Lily mystery, but only little hints are given still. The almost? The mystery again. This time, I predicted who did it as soon as the mystery started. Still, learning more about the world and learning more about magic kept my review high. Loving the series alot!
Gnome Claire *Wishes she was as cool as Gnome Ann*
This book felt more polished and together than the previous one, Jade seems to make more sense and by giving us some hints of information about her past we are starting to get more of a complete view of her as a character. It was fast paced and fun and Bruce is brilliant. It did however end on a cliffhanger which I always find frustrating.
Rosemary Desris
Apr 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good reading

A very different and fascinating story . I enjoyed the first one and this one was even better . Can't wait to read book 3
Lope Nieves
Ana Rosario
Jun 26, 2015
Rachel
Jan 20, 2015

• Wicked Misery (Miss Misery, #1)
  • The Devil You Know (Demon Legacy #1)
  • Black Magic Shadows (Discord Jones #5)
  • Demon Jack
  • Ravenwood
  • A Feast of Souls (Araneae Nation, #2)
  • Being Familiar With  a Witch
  • Overtaken: Bonus Epilogue (The Warrior  Chronicles, #6.1)
  • One Wilde Night (Immortal Vegas, #0.5)
  • Triad Blood (Triad Blood, #1)
  • Sucker Punch (A Candy Shop Mystery, #5)
  • Saving Ciaran (Outcasts, #1)
  • Familiar
Margarita loves the art, creativity and romanticism of storytelling. Sometimes, however, the act of putting pen to paper proves challenging, elusive. She develops genuine, relatable characters which grow in the hearts of her readers. From that foundation, the stories flourish into a warm friend.

She enjoys pursuits which blur the lines between the analytical and creative sides of her brain. This in

Covencraft (5 books)
  • Trial by Fire (Covencraft, #1)
  • Carnival Moon (Covencraft, #2.5)
  • Double-Sided Witch (Covencraft, #3)
  • Dry Spells (Covencraft, #4)