Start by marking “The Tuttle Twins Learn About The Law (Tuttle Twins, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Tuttle Twins Learn About The Law (Tuttle Twins, #1)

The Tuttle Twins Learn About The Law

(Tuttle Twins #1)

Until now, freedom-minded parents have had little to no educational material to teach their children the core concepts of liberty. The Tuttle Twins series of books helps children learn about political and economic principles in a fun and engaging manner. With colorful illustrations and a fun story, your children will follow Ethan and Emily as they learn about liberty!
Published April 23rd 2014 by Libertas Press

To ask other readers questions about The Tuttle Twins Learn About The Law, please sign up.
Zydobs Very easy read

Very easy read

Great for kids to learn about how the government works with our American rights!(less)

Start your review of The Tuttle Twins Learn About The Law (Tuttle Twins, #1)
Sher A. Hart
Jul 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-reviews
I enjoyed this book far more than I expected given my distaste for politics, mainly because of corruption. If more children grew up believing the ideas promoted in this book, governmental corruption such as “redistributing” taxes paid by workers to those who won’t work would become a thing of the past. Giving would be the province of individuals and charitable organizations with better means to determine whether a need is real. I was alone while reading, but I wanted to shout, “Yes! Truth for yo ...more
Danielle Bryce
Feb 25, 2019 rated it did not like it
Basically, just a children's book on cherry-picked examples in order to further indoctrinate children to mindless right-wing extremist views. Sad that anyone would do this to their children.
Dorine White
Jun 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The Story- The Tuttle twins are taught about the word wisdom in school and are then asked to interview someone they think is wise. They choose their neighbor Fred, and go visit him after school. Fred tells them about The Law, a book by Frederic Bastiat. He explains to the children about responsibility, about helping others because you want to, not because you are forced to, about legal plunder, and about true laws that protect people.

My Thoughts- THIS IS A MUST READ! 5 Stars! Okay, enough shout
Chris Handley
May 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
As many Libertarian/Small-Government proponents probably know, teaching these ideas to your kids can be kinda difficult given the lack of books or study material for their age range. While the ideas are simple, it can often be difficult for parents to explain them in ways that are interesting or fun. I am happy to say the Tuttle Twins book on The Law is a great entry into this almost non-existent genre of literature. It is a children's version of Frederic Bastiat's The Law...which is a great boo ...more
Nicolette Blackwood
Jun 07, 2020 rated it did not like it
Libertarianism can be defined as capitalism without laws. What could possibly go wrong?
A lot. Libertarianism is ideology that can seem logical, but in practice it doesn't work out well. When you take away protections for workers, minimum wage, public space, public school, social services for the poor, environmental protections, and corporate regulations, the result is that the rich get richer, the poor get poorer, the environment gets plundered, and ultimately the quality of life for everyone g
Rsoeffker
Sep 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
PLEASE READ:
This book is without a doubt one of the best books on philosophy and government for the age group. It's highly Libertarian/Anarco-Capitalist, and everyone who knows the name "Basitat" should expect that. This is an accurate representation of "The Law" in a children's book format.
ONE BIT OF CAUTION:
This book has a powerful religious component. If you are an Atheist, this book will offend. The argument of Bastiat goes like this: God gives you rights. Rights protect you. Therefore, God
JP
Feb 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Very good adaption of Bastiat's The Law for children.

The only downside I can see is the reduction of the explanation of Natural Rights as given by God. The argument in favour of Natural Rights is much stronger without invoking God, and the book would be better if this perspective were added to it.

I know that Bastiat's original argument was focused on God, but that's no reason to enrich it with a stronger version fit to our time.
Myersandburnsie
Jan 02, 2020 rated it liked it
I like the info presented...but I’m not impressed by the writing, it’s just ok...
Brianne
Sep 10, 2020 rated it liked it
I love the principles of this book. I just wish it went further than it does. The general idea presented that if it's not legal for citizens to do, it's not legal for the government to do, but then doesn't really discuss why it happens anyway. Maybe that should mean I should rate it higher? Good idea that leaves you wanting more? Maybe I need to look into their "teen" books for a more in depth look at the issue?
Matthew Collins
Jun 18, 2020 rated it did not like it
So it used to be that a Barenaked Ladies concert was the whitest thing out there... then these monstrosities came out.... Made by an author who clearly didn't even read Smith, or Jefferson, or any of their apparent influences... it's social studies for wealthy white kids to help make a new generation of tax evaders... delightful...

Not to mention that their facebook page shares crap from Jordan Peterson, yep that piece of shit bigot. These books should not be read by anyone, let alone children. I
Patrick
Jul 01, 2020 rated it did not like it
How much you like or dislike this book will probably depends on your politics. The closer you are to total libertarian, the more you'll like it.
Children's books are often absolutist in order to convey the message. In this case, any taxation by the government to help others equates to theft. Not sure that's an extreme many people would support nor want their kids to support.
Stan
Jan 01, 2015 rated it liked it
The story is intended to be didactic and it is. The lesson taught is important and worth while, but the story is obviously aimed at young people and I'm not sure it would hold the interest of most of them.
Cami
Jul 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book and will read it with my kids soon. It can be read in about 15 minutes and opens up a lot of thought and discussion about government. The topic of the proper role of government actually made me a little uncomfortable because there are so many examples in the other direction. I love that it doesn't shy away from teaching about God and the rights He has given us. I will definitely read the other books in the series and look up the included PDFs to do with my kids.
Michelle
Jan 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, homeschool-2019
Great book for teaching the principals behind The Law. Definiately need to read The Law to my 4th grader so that she gets a deeper grasp of the ideas. My only issue is the book is a bit too simplistic. I understand it is meant for 6-10 year olds, but my daughter reads far above a 4th grade level and thought it was too easy of a read. I feel she will appreciate why the author chose to write this way as we make our way through the workbook and The Law.
Andrea
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-aloud-kids, law
The Tuttle Twins learn about an important aspect of freedom. If stealing is wrong, why do we allow the government to steal from us to give “free” stuff to others? If I worked to earn it, the law protects my property. When it stops protecting property, it becomes corrupt because everyone wants “free” stuff and no one wants to work and earn it themselves if they don’t have to. Based on the book “The Law,” this book helps kids understand a basic concept that is at the foundation of true liberty.
Denise Spicer
Sep 28, 2017 rated it liked it
This 53 page kid’s book follows Ethan and Emily Tuttle as they embark on a homework project: to interview somebody wise. The 9-year-old twins choose their neighbor Fred. He tells them about a book written in 1850 which explains the law. Fred teaches them about good laws used to help people and other laws that let people plunder or hurt people. Cute illustrations by Elijah Stanfield.
Annaleigh
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The author is clear with his message (Libertarian view) in way that was easy for my 8 year old to understand. We had a lovely talk about it. I look forward to reading the other books and giving my kids an early start to knowledge about government.
Shari
Jul 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
EXCELLENT story and conversation starter for kids on the proper role of government and how corruption can hide within the government. So timely with today's political atmosphere and the huge push for a Marxist/ Socialist agenda.
Amy Bodkin
Jul 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
They did a nice job of breaking down the original work on government and economics for kids. And I love the citizenship lesson that we should want to help others instead of someone else (like the government) making us. That's the goal...to be those kinds of people!
Amy Harris
Aug 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
The writing is choppy, but it does a nice job of explaining high level concepts in a way that children can understand. It is more important now than ever that our kids have an understanding on the rights given to us by God and the limits that should be placed upon government.
Kelsey
Sep 17, 2020 rated it it was ok
Hoping the rest of them aren’t such duds. My problems with this book are the incredibly lackluster writing and the FAR from engaging story. While I appreciate some of the ideas here, it rubbed me the wrong way in other areas. I’ll see how I feel about the others...
Keith
Nov 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: parents
My 8 year old loved it. It did a great job introducing her to our God-given rights, and the power some people in government can have in our lives.
Jonathan
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good for kids for perspective
Rochelle
Dec 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Very interesting and a great way to educate your kids about law and government.
Jason Garwood
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Superb.
John Galt
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An OUTSTANDING book for children (maybe ages 9-12?) regarding 'freedom' with credit to Bastiat. Highly recommended for parents worldwide!
CHM
Jan 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
I will gift to parents and they can decide what age to share.
Thara Tenney
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good read for the kids to teach what can be difficult principles about proper governance.
Jon-David
May 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My 3-yr. old loves this book and is always asking me to read from the series, "Can we read the law books, dad?"
Kim Miller
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids-books
My kids love the story, and the best part is they are learning without even realizing it.
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Bears on Hemlock Mountain
  • Summer of the Monkeys
  • The Law
  • Father and I Were Ranchers (Little Britches, #1)
  • I, Pencil: My Family Tree As Told to Leonard E. Read
  • Dumbing Us Down: The Hidden Curriculum of Compulsory Schooling
  • Detectives in Togas
  • Gooney Bird Greene
  • I Survived the Nazi Invasion, 1944 (I Survived, #9)
  • The Half-Life of Marie Curie
  • City Spies
  • Indescribable: 100 Devotions for Kids About God and Science
  • A Thomas Jefferson Education: Teaching a Generation of Leaders for the Twenty-first Century
  • It's Shoe Time! (Elephant & Piggie Like Reading!, #4)
  • Whatever Happened to Penny Candy?
  • Homicide: The View from Inside the Yellow Tape: A True Crime Memoir
  • Doctor Who: Serpent Crest, Part 2-The Broken Crown
  • Doctor Who: Serpent Crest, Part 1-Tsar Wars (Serpent Crest #1)
Connor Boyack is founder and president of Libertas Institute, a libertarian think tank in Utah. In that capacity, he has spearheaded important policy reforms dealing with property rights, civil liberties, transparency, surveillance, and education freedom.

Connor is the author of several books, including the new Tuttle Twins series that teaches the principles of liberty to young children. Other book

Tuttle Twins (10 books)
  • The Tuttle Twins and the Miraculous Pencil (Tuttle Twins, #2)
  • The Tuttle Twins and the Creature from Jekyll Island (Tuttle Twins, #3)
  • The Tuttle Twins and the Food Truck Fiasco (Tuttle Twins, #4)
  • The Tuttle Twins and the Road to Surfdom (Tuttle Twins, #5)
  • The Tuttle Twins and the Golden Rule (Tuttle Twins, #6)
  • The Tuttle Twins and the Search for Atlas (Tuttle Twins, #7)
  • The Tuttle Twins and their Spectacular Show Business (Tuttle Twins, #8)
  • The Tuttle Twins and the Fate of the Future (Tuttle Twins, #9)
  • The Tuttle Twins and the Education Vacation