Start by marking “The Tuttle Twins Learn About The Law (Tuttle Twins, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Tuttle Twins Learn About The Law (Tuttle Twins, #1)

The Tuttle Twins Learn About The Law

(Tuttle Twins #1)

Until now, freedom-minded parents have had little to no educational material to teach their children the core concepts of liberty. The Tuttle Twins series of books helps children learn about political and economic principles in a fun and engaging manner. With colorful illustrations and a fun story, your children will follow Ethan and Emily as they learn about liberty!
Published April 23rd 2014 by Libertas Press

Sher A. Hart
Jul 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-reviews
I enjoyed this book far more than I expected given my distaste for politics, mainly because of corruption. If more children grew up believing the ideas promoted in this book, governmental corruption such as “redistributing” taxes paid by workers to those who won’t work would become a thing of the past. Giving would be the province of individuals and charitable organizations with better means to determine whether a need is real. I was alone while reading, but I wanted to shout, “Yes! Truth for yo ...more
Chris Handley
May 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
As many Libertarian/Small-Government proponents probably know, teaching these ideas to your kids can be kinda difficult given the lack of books or study material for their age range. While the ideas are simple, it can often be difficult for parents to explain them in ways that are interesting or fun. I am happy to say the Tuttle Twins book on The Law is a great entry into this almost non-existent genre of literature. It is a children's version of Frederic Bastiat's The Law...which is a great boo ...more
Dorine White
Jun 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The Story- The Tuttle twins are taught about the word wisdom in school and are then asked to interview someone they think is wise. They choose their neighbor Fred, and go visit him after school. Fred tells them about The Law, a book by Frederic Bastiat. He explains to the children about responsibility, about helping others because you want to, not because you are forced to, about legal plunder, and about true laws that protect people.

My Thoughts- THIS IS A MUST READ! 5 Stars! Okay, enough shout
Rsoeffker
Sep 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
PLEASE READ:
This book is without a doubt one of the best books on philosophy and government for the age group. It's highly Libertarian/Anarco-Capitalist, and everyone who knows the name "Basitat" should expect that. This is an accurate representation of "The Law" in a children's book format.
ONE BIT OF CAUTION:
This book has a powerful religious component. If you are an Atheist, this book will offend. The argument of Bastiat goes like this: God gives you rights. Rights protect you. Therefore, God
JP Bochi
Feb 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Very good adaption of Bastiat's The Law for children.

The only downside I can see is the reduction of the explanation of Natural Rights as given by God. The argument in favour of Natural Rights is much stronger without invoking God, and the book would be better if this perspective were added to it.

I know that Bastiat's original argument was focused on God, but that's no reason to enrich it with a stronger version fit to our time.
Andrea
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: law, read-aloud-kids
The Tuttle Twins learn about an important aspect of freedom. If stealing is wrong, why do we allow the government to steal from us to give “free” stuff to others? If I worked to earn it, the law protects my property. When it stops protecting property, it becomes corrupt because everyone wants “free” stuff and no one wants to work and earn it themselves if they don’t have to. Based on the book “The Law,” this book helps kids understand a basic concept that is at the foundation of true liberty.
Michelle
Jan 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: homeschool-2019, 2019
Great book for teaching the principals behind The Law. Definiately need to read The Law to my 4th grader so that she gets a deeper grasp of the ideas. My only issue is the book is a bit too simplistic. I understand it is meant for 6-10 year olds, but my daughter reads far above a 4th grade level and thought it was too easy of a read. I feel she will appreciate why the author chose to write this way as we make our way through the workbook and The Law.
Cami
Jul 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book and will read it with my kids soon. It can be read in about 15 minutes and opens up a lot of thought and discussion about government. The topic of the proper role of government actually made me a little uncomfortable because there are so many examples in the other direction. I love that it doesn't shy away from teaching about God and the rights He has given us. I will definitely read the other books in the series and look up the included PDFs to do with my kids.
Denise Spicer
Sep 28, 2017 rated it liked it
This 53 page kid’s book follows Ethan and Emily Tuttle as they embark on a homework project: to interview somebody wise. The 9-year-old twins choose their neighbor Fred. He tells them about a book written in 1850 which explains the law. Fred teaches them about good laws used to help people and other laws that let people plunder or hurt people. Cute illustrations by Elijah Stanfield.
Jonathan
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good for kids for perspective
John Barbour
Aug 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Excellent introduction to Bastiat's classic work, "The Law" for your 6-12 year old.
John Galt
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An OUTSTANDING book for children (maybe ages 9-12?) regarding 'freedom' with credit to Bastiat. Highly recommended for parents worldwide!
Jason Garwood
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Superb.
CHM
Jan 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
I will gift to parents and they can decide what age to share.
Rochelle
Dec 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Very interesting and a great way to educate your kids about law and government.
Keith
Nov 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: parents
My 8 year old loved it. It did a great job introducing her to our God-given rights, and the power some people in government can have in our lives.
Danielle Bryce
Feb 25, 2019 rated it did not like it
Basically, just a children's book on cherry-picked examples in order to further indoctrinate children to mindless right-wing extremist views. Sad that anyone would do this to their children.
John Gardner
Feb 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
2017 Reading Challenge — Book 6: A Book for Children or Teens

For those of us who love liberty, and want to preserve the principles of liberty for future generations, there are very few resources to help teach these concepts to young children. This series of five books by Connor Boyack, president of The Libertas Institute , seeks to meet that need.

I read through all five of these the other night, and am very much looking forward to reading them with my children! The books say they are intended f
Congetta
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After listening to this with my son, I went and purchased The Law.
Heather
Jun 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own-paperback
The very first thing that grabbed my attention about this book is how beautiful and colorful the illustrations are. This is a high quality publication printed on thick paper with rich imagery. It will stand the test of time. I gave it to my 8 year old to read and she gave The Tuttle Twins Learn About the Law two thumbs up. She found the early reader book "interesting and educational." We later read it aloud as a family and she STILL remembered the facts, the premise and the little details. That ...more
D.M. Andrews (author) Andrews

It's always good to see books that teach solid principles, and there are too few of them for children these days. I read the 19th-century French work, "The Law", (upon which the Tuttle Twins is based) many years ago. I believe it to be one of the best books I've ever read on the subject of liberty and government. How fitting that Connor's book is dedicated to this man, Frederic Bastiat. More people should know his name, and hopefully with the publication of this book (already flying off the shel
Wayne Simmons
May 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Wayne by: Ben Jenkins
Great book aimed at elementary children. It translates Frederic Bastiat's "The Law" into terms and concepts understandable by kids. The illustrations were great, and story struck that perfect line between an entertaining storyline and an educational informative text. The conversational style with the children as the main characters really helped my kids (8, and 5) identify with the story, and even my 2 yr old liked looking at the pictures. Great for kids of all ages!
Jim Bob
Dec 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
In The Tuttle Twins Learn About The Law, Connor Boyack condensed the basics of The Law by Frédéric Bastiat into a very concise and enjoyable book for children (or adults). After I read it to my children I asked them questions to see how well they understood the concepts that it teaches. Their answers made it clear they understood well enough to apply the principles to broader, more complex situations in private and public life.
Kendra Morgan
Jul 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Kendra by: Tom Woods and Connor Boyack
Shelves: favorites, reviewed
Connor Boyack does an amazing job of explaining Bastiat's The Law in a way even a 7 year old can understand. Don't have time to read Bastiat? The Tuttle Twins Learn About the Law will give you a basic working understanding of these important concepts.

This is a must have book for young and old alike.
Julie Olson
May 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book will help people of any age better understand some of the complexities behind THE LAW. As a companion to its inspiration, "THE LAW" by Frederic Bastiat, children and adults alike will no longer find it difficult to explain or understand why or which laws should/shouldn't exist. The friendly illustrations keep children's interest as well as visually explain the concepts. Well done.
Amandah Hendricks
Oct 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
My son loves this book. He always takes it to school for reading time and loves to share what he has learned though it. It's a tangible way for children to understand Frederic Bastiát's "The Law" or even for adults who lack patience in reading the real thing. We can't wait for the others to come out.
Erin
Dec 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book and it's simple yet fun way it teaches about non aggression. It's a children's picture book version or Frederic Bastiat's "The Law" and it does a great job! I will definitely have this in my material list for homeschooling my future kids. :)
Stan
Jan 01, 2015 rated it liked it
The story is intended to be didactic and it is. The lesson taught is important and worth while, but the story is obviously aimed at young people and I'm not sure it would hold the interest of most of them.
Sara
May 21, 2014 rated it really liked it

Now I just need to go read The Law...

This will be a perfect opening for my children.
Cecilia
May 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Our study of economics began here. I am almost ready to install a parent tax in my house just to let my son see what it is like.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Columbus
  • Trump's War: His Battle for America
  • Indivisible: Restoring Faith, Family, and Freedom Before It's Too Late
  • The Book that Made Your World: How the Bible Created the Soul of Western Civilization
  • Life of Fred: Butterflies
  • The Lightlings
  • An Early American Christmas
  • Christmas from Heaven: The True Story of the Berlin Candy Bomber
  • The Story of Me (God’s Design for Sex, #1)
  • Disney's Little Mermaid: Sealed With a Kiss
  • The Problem of Political Authority: An Examination of the Right to Coerce and the Duty to Obey
  • The Hedge of Thorns
  • Classic Storybook: A Treasury of Tales
  • What Makes a Magnet?
  • Tabitha's Travels: A Family Story For Advent (Jotham's Journey)
  • Rollback: Repealing Big Government Before the Coming Fiscal Collapse
  • The Cleansing of America
  • Light in the Darkness: A Story about How Slaves Learned in Secret
Connor Boyack is founder and president of Libertas Institute, a libertarian think tank in Utah. In that capacity, he has spearheaded important policy reforms dealing with property rights, civil liberties, transparency, surveillance, and education freedom.

Connor is the author of several books, including the new Tuttle Twins series that teaches the principles of liberty to young children. Other book

Tuttle Twins (7 books)
  • The Tuttle Twins and the Miraculous Pencil (Tuttle Twins, #2)
  • The Tuttle Twins and the Creature from Jekyll Island (Tuttle Twins, #3)
  • The Tuttle Twins and the Food Truck Fiasco (Tuttle Twins, #4)
  • The Tuttle Twins and the Road to Surfdom (Tuttle Twins, #5)
  • The Tuttle Twins and the Golden Rule (Tuttle Twins, #6)
  • The Tuttle Twins and the Search for Atlas (Tuttle Twins, #7)