Jump to ratings and reviews

The Trouble Series #3

The Trouble with Faking

Faking a relationship is never a good idea, but Andi’s convinced it won’t be fake for long. Everything will work out perfectly with Damien. Until Noah steps into the picture and confuses everything …
- - -
Andi’s been in love with the boy next door for years. She’s convinced Damien’s the perfect guy for her. So it’s probably not a good idea to pretend to be his girlfriend to help him snag the attention of someone else. But Andi knows it won’t be for long. Soon enough, Damien will figure out he loves her too, and their fake relationship will become a real one.

Damien’s best friend Noah is the complete opposite of Mr Perfect: rude and annoying, with trouble-maker written all over him. Definitely not Andi’s type. Which makes it all the more confusing when she realises how much she likes spending time with him.

When the fake relationship plan starts working, Andi should be overjoyed. It’s what she wanted, right? Except … what if perfect isn’t so perfect after all? What if messy, imperfect, and real are exactly what she needs?

- - -

The Trouble with Faking is a sweet, clean contemporary romance that can be read as a standalone novel.

194 pages, Kindle Edition

First published November 29, 2014

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Rochelle Morgan

8 books75 followers
Rochelle Morgan is the contemporary romance pen name of author Rachel Morgan. When Rachel isn't writing about fantastical magical worlds like Creepy Hollow, she steps into her contemporary romance shoes and writes about first love, embarrassing moments, cute kisses, and memorable characters figuring out their place in the world.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
22 (5%)
1 star
6 (1%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 109 reviews
Profile Image for Lilian Flesher.
182 reviews11 followers
June 8, 2015
I have to say that I adore this book by Rachel Morgan. This book is not what you expect it is funny quirky and fresh. When, I started this book I was thinking it is just going to be like every other romantic comedy story. However, I was pleasantly surprised to find out that it is not at all what it seems and that you should never judge a book by its cover.

You meet Andi the main character of this story, who has longed for the boy next door Damien for years. She moves off to college to be where Damien is and tries to finally win him over to liking her as well. Andi is accused of causing Damien to cheat on the current girlfriend. So, Andi and Damien to decide to fake a date to help Damien win a new girl and Andi to tries to win Damien.

Andi is a quirky, confident and down to earth woman who loves to be different, but she still hides parts of herself away. When, she meets Noah, Damien’s best friend, he figures out their plot and that Andi is secretly in love with Damien. He makes friends with her and of course it starts off horrible. However, in the end Noah shows Andi exactly who she really is and that life does not have to be perfect. He teaches her that messy is okay and that the boy you thought you wanted is not always the one that you should be with in the end.

I highly recommend this book to anyone who likes a new fresh take on love and who does not mind learning a few good lessons along the way to falling in love.
Profile Image for Coco.V.
46.4k reviews4 followers
Want to read
October 14, 2018
💝FREE on Amazon today (10/14/18)!💝

Blurb:
Faking a relationship is never a good idea, but Andi's convinced it won't be fake for long. Everything will work out perfectly with Damien. Until Noah steps into the picture and confuses everything ...

- - -

Andi's been in love with the boy next door for years. She's convinced Damien's the perfect guy for her. So it's probably not a good idea to pretend to be his girlfriend to help him snag the attention of someone else. But Andi knows it won't be for long. Soon enough, Damien will figure out he loves her too, and their fake relationship will become a real one.

Damien's best friend Noah is the complete opposite of Mr Perfect: rude and annoying, with trouble-maker written all over him. Definitely not Andi's type. Which makes it all the more confusing when she realises how much she likes spending time with him.

When the fake relationship plan starts working, Andi should be overjoyed. It's what she wanted, right? Except ... what if perfect isn't so perfect after all? What if messy, imperfect, and real are exactly what she needs?
Profile Image for Lamar.
57 reviews5 followers
February 17, 2015
[I was sent a copy in exchange for an honest review.]

!!!THIS IS A NEGATIVE REVIEW. SO I SUGGEST YOU DON'T READ IT IF YOU'RE GOING TO COMMENT HATE!!!

Let's start out with the things I like:
• The setting.
• The IDEA of the plot.

The Trouble With Faking takes place in South Africa, which I found very interesting because I have never read a book that takes place there. Also, I liked the college setting, mostly because I like all books that take place in college.

The idea of the plot was what got me to read this. A boy and a girl "fake dating." That literally screams lame, cheesy and cliche, but that's exactly what I love to read sometimes when I'm in a slump. I fly threw them and enjoy most of them thoroughly — including "The Trouble With Faking."
I have a really special place in my heart for cheesy, love/romance books, but this one did not make it. And this is why:

1) The characters.
Oh dear god, there is not one character that I like in this book. NONE! If I had to choose, I'd probably decide on Livi's boyfriend because he was there once, which gave him no chance to annoy the fucking shit out of me. Also, I have to say that the characters were all underdeveloped. They just felt "there". Their back stories were a few lines and that is it. To me, I would almost say they're all flat characters if it wasn't for their obvious change in opinions.

• Andi:
Ah Andi, I would have loved you so much if you weren't so frustrating.
I liked the idea of Andi being a booktuber and having an Etsy shop, even though I really dislike it when characters in books are uhm "modern," and make references to things like Instagram or Twitter etc. Except, I enjoyed it with Andi, but sigh then came along her boy troubles. Okay I understand and acknowledge the fact that this book OBVIOUSLY was going to have things like boy trouble. But with Andi, it just annoyed me so god damn much. For example, after chasing Damien for YEARS, and finally gets to be his real girlfriend, I just wish she was sort of thrilled, even just for a bit. But instead, she just automatically realized that Damien wasn't the person for her.

There were barely any scenes with both of them in once they were a real couple. Which makes her epiphany ridiculous. I'm not gonna say that when she was with Damien and thinking of Noah annoyed me because well, that sort of thing was expected if she decided Damien wasn't right for her. In summary, I would have liked Andi a whole lot more if the author put more into her instead of her obsession over Damien and booktubing. I know there's her family thing but those two are what took up the book. Maybe if the author expanded Andi's backstory a bit more, then she would have 1) have a damn development and 2) be more interesting.

• Damien:
In every book I read, especially contemporaries or cute love stories, I ALWAYS love every male character in it. I even like Nick in Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell, even though he was a dick. Damien here, was the first ever male character in a contemporary to ever reach my dislike list. There was just no story to him. Honestly, I can't tell why Andi was into him. He's just a pretty boy with no use. Also, his string of girlfriends does not help him out either.
Okay I'm not going to go much further into him because there's no point. No development and no point.

• Noah:
Okay to be honest, I liked Noah at first. His first encounter with Andi was what really sold me. I like how he made her seem like the wrong one, but with Andi's point of view, it's hard to see that because she was a bit too busy waiting for Damien and thinking she was right. But then later on in the story, he got annoying. I can't tell why, he just did. Like his presence would just irritate me. It was probably because like all the other characters, he was lame. And not the good lame. Or it could be because of him dissing Andi's and Damien's relationship, which is very very irritating to a person who wants to read a book about the girl getting. The boy or the other way around. I'll discuss my feelings on the plot later on so don't judge my opinion of the plot from here okay?

• Carmen:
I would have liked Carmen much more if she didn't hide that flash drive and just came clean to Andi. She was also very undeveloped, along with her relationship with Andi. It's like the author just wrote down "These two are friends" and kept on writing.

• Livi:
She was cute. A bit stereotypical.

• Charlotte:
Charlotte is probably my favorite of the characters I dislike, because in the end, she had a damn point to be mad. Good for you Charlotte.

2) The plot/The writing.
The plot is what got me to read this book. It just intrigued me and reminded me of GBF (the movie). Also, I've been reading Vampire Academy for a long time and I needed a bit of a break.
The plot idea was great. The execution… not so much. I loved the idea of the fake dating, and when the book took that twist in the end with Noah, I was slightly shocked. But I just WISH it was executed better. It didn't flow correctly. Things just seemed to happen. It was just sudden. Not Cassandra Clare sudden, but just like they were created out of thin air. The writing was fast paced, but it lacked sensory details, which made it quite difficult for me to picture the surroundings and characters. I pictured Andi as a face with no features for the entire book, the author probably mentioned it quickly, and I didn't notice. Other than that, the writing was pretty okay, like I said, it was fast paced and easy to read. But a 7th grader trying to write dialogue could also write this.
Oh! The Afrikaans dialogue parts were great. It helped out with the lacking of sensory details.

"The Trouble With Faking" by Rachel Morgan had a good premise, but there are many other ways it could've been done. But that's just my opinion.
October 19, 2021
*4.5 literally don't even know where to start with this oneeee. okay, let's start off with the main character, Andi. she was honestly great and I loved how she was confident and all. so overall, a great character. now Noah, I liked him the first time I met him. he was funny, smart, and also considerate. oh, I also enjoyed seeing livi and some other characters show up sometimes too. for some reason, it was a little hard for me to get into to this one, but once I did, it was so hard to put down. this book was so so amazing! also really loved the ending 🙂!
This entire review has been hidden because of spoilers.
Profile Image for Roxanne.
779 reviews54 followers
April 15, 2015
I received this book for free from "Ebooks For Review" in exchange for my honest opinion.

Did I like this book?

A while back, I read "The Trouble With Flirting", my first book by Rachel Morgan, and I was thoroughly impressed, so when I saw the opportunity to read another book from this series, I was happy to jump at the chance. While I did enjoy "The Trouble With Faking", I'd have to say I didn't love it as much as I did "The Trouble With Flirting".

Andi is a really cool character-she wears what she wants, and her outfits are always customized in some way, usually with handmade bookish jewelry she's made. Occasionally other people make rude comments about her style, but she holds her head high and ignores it all as much as possible. I really admired this aspect of her character. And if that wasn't enough to make a reader love her, she's also started her own etsy shop to sell her crafty creations, she's a book vlogger, and she does coffee shop reviews on her YouTube channel. A girl after my own heart!

I'm just going to tell you that there is a love triangle of sorts, and although sometimes these will make me shudder, in this case, at least for me, it worked. It's pretty obvious which way Andi is heading, who she will choose, but the growth she goes through in order to arrive at a decision is what makes the story interesting.

There's also some conflict between Andi and her mother, as well as some problems with new friends. While I thought the former was well written and realistic, I found the latter a little over dramatic. One of Andi's new friends gets so upset with her for something I didn't think was a big deal, and instead of talking it out with Andi like a big girl should, this "friend" acts like a complete baby, ignoring Andi and slamming doors. This conflict pulled me out of the story and annoyed me more than anything - thankfully this aspect of the plot didn't get much page time.

As for the romance, I have to say it didn't make a huge impact on me, unfortunately. I was satisfied with Andi's choice, and their connection was strong, but I think I needed a bit more background on him. The other love interest, same thing - not enough background to really get a feel for why Andi was attracted to him. However, I'm wondering if Morgan will write a book with him as the MC, because there were definite hints about a hidden story there.

Will you like this book?

Any fans of Rachel Morgan will enjoy this book. Although this is a standalone, reading the other books in the series first wouldn't be a bad idea. I especially loved the link at the end of the book to Andi's journal, which included photos (taken by the author) of some of the places mentioned in the novel - I think other readers will love this too!

Will I read more by this author?

Absolutely! I enjoy Morgan's writing style and love how she brings beautiful places and diverse characters to life!
Profile Image for Claire Sayan.
551 reviews9 followers
February 20, 2015
I loved this book! I'd say it's YA or NA.
The story starts off with Andi, a girl who has been in love with her best friend and (literally) the boy next door, Damien. Damien moves away to uni but they keep in touch until 2 years later, Andi moves too. They pick their friendship back up and Damien is still unaware that Andi is in love with him. Andi suggests they fake date to make Damien's love interest jealous. Damien eventually admits to Andi that he wants to stop the fake dating and date for real but by this time Andi has already been convinced by Noah, Damien's best friend, that they aren't right for each other.
Andi and Noah had become close friend, reviewing books together and hanging out and Andi soon realises that thoughts of Damien had become thoughts of Noah.....

I loved this. I loved Andi and her quirky style. I loved Noah and his honesty and that fact that he was looking out for Andi long before she realised it. I did not like Damien. I felt he was fake from the start, I'm not sure if that was intended by the author but if it was, brilliant writing and character building. I loved the was Andi and Noah spent time together to build on their friendship and that that lead to more. I had a grin on my face the whole time I was reading.
No formatting or grammatical errors that I noticed. 4 - 4.5 stars. Loved it :)
This entire review has been hidden because of spoilers.
Profile Image for Leslie.
97 reviews4 followers
April 2, 2015
I will start by saying I struggled to read this book in the beginning. I was like oh my, another book where best friends are going to fake date in the hopes one realizes the other exists on a relationship level. so i put it down for a while, then I went back to it. I must say I enjoyed this story once I got past my aversion to the fake dating. I like Noah. I think he was good for her. I started reading the book and found I didn't want to stop reading it. I just had to know what was going to be the outcome. I was happy with the way it played out and the ending.
Profile Image for Delray Beach  Public Library.
237 reviews22 followers
November 10, 2020
Andi was raised by a single mother; She never knew her father and grew up without sibling which deeply affected her. When Damien moved in next door, Andi was ten or so years old. She immediately fell in love with him and they instantly became great friends. Damien was two years older than Andi, therefore, they were separated for two years when Damien went to college. Although they kept in touch, it was different. Therefore, on Andi’s first day of college she wanted to find Damien and re-establish the friendship they once had. After their first conversation on the college campus, Damien has been accuse of cheating with Andi on his girlfriend. Eventually, Charlotte, Damien’s girlfriend, breakup with him base her assumption that Damien is cheating on her even when Damien told her multiple time that he was not cheating on her with Andi. After the breakup, Damien explain to Andi that he was happy that things ended up between him and Charlotte because he was interested in another girl, Marie but did not know how to approach her. Andi then come up with the bright idea that they should “fake” date to get Marie jealous. However, Andi is hoping that this fake relationship will become a reality and Damien will finally notice her. Noah is Damien’s best friend since they started college. After establishing the plan to fake their relationship, Andi encounter Noah although their first conversation was rude, full of racism, and prejudices, Noah kept coming back to Andi . They start having deep conversation, mostly about Andi’s life. Noah discover the secret Andi has carried with her all those years and that the relationship she had with Damien was fake. She starts appreciating spending more time with Noah while she still wants to be in a relationship with Damien.
Profile Image for Mar.
54 reviews13 followers
January 4, 2015
***Debo aclarar que es el 3ro en una serie, y que no he leído los anteriores. Contiene un pequeño spoiler de otros libros, pero nada MUY importante***

Esta lectura ni siquiera estaba entre las currently reading para completar en 2015, ¿pero qué puedo decir? Soy una lectora MUY desorganizada :)

El libro me gustó muchísimo. El concepto, a pesar de decir algo cliché (seamos honestos), me llamó bastante la atención. Lo suficiente para comenzarlo hoy a la mañana y haberlo terminado hace 10 minutos.

En sí creo que la historia toca varios punto por arriba, y con 'por arriba' quiero decir que ahonda en ellos lo suficiente. No voy a dar mucha información porque en sí esto estaría lleno de spoilers, pero sí les voy a decir que tiene resoluciones muy realistas a mi parecer. Creo que mayormente es sobre el perdón, la amistad y el romance. Pero más sobre el perdón y la amistad. Sobre los ideales vs la realidad, y expectativas que las personas persiguen que en realidad pueden no ser las correctas.

Me gustó muchísimo, sin embargo no tiene 5 estrellitas porque no es un libro que en realidad las amerite. No quiere decir que sea malo, porque no le encontré nada que no me gustara. Es sólo que no suelo valorar libros de esa forma :P

Lo que voy a destacar es nuestro personaje principal, Andi. La adoré, mucho, mucho, mucho. Y estoy sergurísima que la mayoría de ustedes lo harán ;)

En resumen, se van a reir, quizás puedan emocionarse un poco y definitivamente van a sentir el amor en el aire. Una lectura liviana para pasar el rato con su ciento-y-poco de p;aginas que me llevó en el ebook.
Profile Image for BookHookup.
1,403 reviews110 followers
June 1, 2015
This book did not go the way I expected it to. But, in a good way. It’s always great when an author surprises you. When they they show both you and the characters that what you want isn’t always what you need, it’s both shocking and strangely satisfying. I went into this book having read the first two in the series and thinking I understood the formula. Here, however, Ms. Morgan changes things up.

Andie has been in love with Damien for as long as she can remember and, through a lucky (or unlucky depending on your point of view) occurrence, she finds herself pretending to be his girlfriend. But that’s just the beginning of this book and soon enough we meet other characters who are more than happy to help this story take a turn in the romance department. I like that there were sub-themes in this book about not being judgmental and about forgiveness. It showed the importance of an open mind and it brought depth to a story that appeared cookie cutter at the beginning. I liked all the characters and the interactions between them. And I especially enjoyed the fact that Andie was quirky and sassy and a character with a good heart. And, of course, I loved the bits of romance we were treated to.

I know I’m not really telling you much here but I don’t want to give away the bits that make this story special. Once again, Ms. Morgan has provided us with a light read that’s both enjoyable and sweet. Yet, this time, there’s a depth to the story that I, for one, was not expecting. Looking forward to seeing what this author has up her sleeve next!
Profile Image for Aimee (Getting Your Read On).
2,933 reviews242 followers
December 2, 2014
I'm super excited that I got to read this book and review it in addition to being a part of the book blitz today for release day. I've been reading and reviewing this series since the beginning (2.5 books ago).

This is the third full length novel in The Trouble series. There is also a novella. I preferred to read them in order because there is a flow to the books and this book depends on some of the back story from the previous book, The Trouble With Flirting, to really understand Andi and some of her hangups.

I really like Andi. She is motivated and quirky. Plus, what book lover and blogger wouldn't love a main character who loves book and vlogs about them?! :) Andi is fun but one of the best things about her is her rebound attitude. She hears what others say to her and even if she doesn't agree, she thinks about it and works it through in her head. She isn't afraid to stand up to the bully and she has a forgiving heart.

These books always keep me interested and I usually read through them quickly. There is some mild swearing, which I didn't love, but other than that, it was a pretty clean book. There are some kissing scenes. It's young love at it's best with a South African setting. Easy, diverting reading.
Profile Image for Alisa.
766 reviews35 followers
March 27, 2015
Andi has always known that Damien was the only guy for her. So when she has the opportunity to "pretend" they are boyfriend and girlfriend, she jumps at the chance hoping that Damien will finally see what has been in front of his eyes all these years. Too bad spending more time with Damien means spending more time with his best friend, Noah -- Andi and Noah definitely have a rocky start to their friendship.

The Official Mission: Get Marie to fall for Damien and Mike to fall for Andi.
Andi's Side Mission: Get Damien to fall for Andi instead of Marie.

Andi is quirky - she has her you tube book blogging, her coffee house reviews, and all her Etsy projects. She has a unique way of dressing, too. I didn't relate to her, but I did find her interesting to read about. Noah was pretty interesting, too. Damien's character seemed really flat to me. And Andi's friend, Carmen, just seemed a little crazy to me. I wish some of the characters had been better developed, but overall I found this a fun read. I especially enjoyed reading "the big reveal" at the end.

Rating: 3.5 stars
Content: Clean (some passionate kissing), swearing
Source: Review Copy (opinion is 100% my own)
Profile Image for Tracy.
Author 5 books15 followers
April 10, 2015
So, this is a sweet romance. So, no nookie. There’s some kisses, but that’s it. I won’t tell you the story beyond what I’ve said, but I will say, that what we think we want in life, isn’t always what we really want or need. And sometimes, getting what we wished for isn’t nearly as good as all the daydreams of it. I really liked the story. I really liked many of the side characters. I loved Noah and Carmen. I loved Noah’s family, they were a riot. I even liked Andi’s sister, Livi.

Ms. Morgan creates a unique world, but one that could easily exist anywhere. She does give true locations and even points them out in the bonus section in the back. I truly enjoyed the book. I wished I could really tell you why. But to do so would be to take something away from you guys. I will say it’s good, and not insane, so no worries there. So, would I recommend...(https://textuallove.wordpress.com/201...) Read the rest of the review behind the link.
Profile Image for April.
319 reviews5 followers
November 27, 2018
The Trouble with Faking is an adorkably wonderful read! I love fake relationship stories so I was instantly intrigued by the title of this book. When I read the blurb I was even more excited about it. Most fake relationship stories are about how the fake relationship turns into true love. The little twist of the fake relationship turned real, not being true love, and someone else maybe being the perfect imperfect person for Andi... Well, I just LOVE that! Andi herself was adorable and I loved her quirky bookish ways. While I was instantly a Noah fan, I can understand Andi's interest in Damien with their shared childhood and the fact that she believed them to get along so well. Seriously though, wasn't Noah so cute! The Youtube video moment... *BIG SWOONY SIGH*. The banter and chemistry between them is just what I was looking for.

I have previously read several books by this author and loved them all. They were more fantasy romance while this one is sweet contemporary romance, but considering I love both types, I was sure I would enjoy this one as well. I am so glad that I was right! I understand this is the third book in a series, but can be read as a standalone. Which is what I did, but now I am anxious to read the other books in this series as well.

Highly recommended!
34 reviews
May 20, 2017
I really liked this book. The romance was pretty slow burning and subtle but I loved it! Andie's fashion sense is to die for, Noah is so awesome, Livi and Carmen were great side character and I loved seeing what happened to characters from previous books (!!!!!!!!!!!), I loved the aspects of Andie being a booktuber and an etsy shop owner, I loved her trips to coffee shops and her over cluttered room and her unmatching socks (she is a lot like me actually lol), I loved the character growth of Andie and Noah and even Carmen, I love that Rochelle Morgans writing never shys away from serious topics and yet still stays light and sweet, and I mean come on? Who wouldn't love a romance with a quirky independent red headed girl and a sensitive strong cross tattooed guy?
Now all I want to do is fire up my sewing machine and make some of Andie's clothes.
Profile Image for Ann.
831 reviews2 followers
March 7, 2020
Andi is quirky and funny and so in love with her childhood friend. But he just doesn't seem to see her that way.
The plan of pretend relationship never ends well, in literature and real life, and no difference here. The author makes it easy for us to cheer Andi on to forget about Damien who doesn't stand up against his mother's comment about his lower class friends and he actually is interested in a girl that's just interested in him while he has a girlfriend -not cool. I wonder what secrets his parents had...
I didn't like Noah at first either, he made hurtful jokes but couldn't take it when Andi retaliated. But both worked well together and Andi's realisation was slow but realistic.
I'd wished the Afrikaans would have been translated but with German language knowledge I was able to decipher some.
May 23, 2017
Andi has loved “the boy next door” Damien, for as long as she can remember. When the offer comes up to fake being his girlfriend in order to help him snag the attention of someone else, Andi is all for it. Trouble starts to arise when Damien realizes he might fall for Andi after really getting to know her. Damien's best friend Noah has never been a consideration for Andi, but as they spend more time together, Andi becomes afraid of her feelings. Will she chose her childhood crush? Or his trouble-maker best friend? A book filled with complex, and different emotions, it is sure to satisfy anyone in need for a “feel good” read. Taking a place on my list of favorites, this book left me wanting more.
Profile Image for Mella aka Maron.
430 reviews1 follower
July 5, 2020
So at first I didn’t care for this book. Noah was kind of a jerk and Andi was so annoying pining for Damien. Damien was horrid too. But honestly, I’m glad I kept reading because goodness, this book got really good!

I loved the Booktubing; I loved Noah and Andi joining up for a review. I liked when she visited his house. I really enjoyed every moment with the two of them! Miss Morgan certainly knows how to write about two people falling in love.

Bring on the next book! I am ready to keep going! Though I am honestly SO sad that there’s only one more. I feel like this author could have kept going for every side character and I’d never get bored! I also love hearing a little about the characters from the previous books and am SO excited to read about Sarah’s wedding!
Profile Image for Valentina Silva.
146 reviews3 followers
July 8, 2021
3,75⭐️

“Two imperfect people can make a perfect moment”

Este libro me hizo pasar por distintos estados principalmente porque no fue lo que esperaba.
Debo decir que en un principio no me estaba gustando el camino que la historia estaba tomando, la protagonista principalmente tenía una actitud que no me gustaba pero al avanzar más en el libro da alguna forma entiendes su forma de actuar.
Me gusta que la autora escriba sobre personajes que se sienten reales, que cometen errores, que no son perfectos lo que te hace creer en la historia y encariñarte con ellos.
Esta serie de libros me ha gustado bastante, son libros súper ligeros no solo por que son cortos si no también porque tampoco se profundiza demasiado ni en los temas ni en los personajes, lo que no me molesta en realidad.
Profile Image for Megan Besing.
Author 3 books47 followers
November 20, 2017
Enjoyed it!

Cute. Funny. Held my attention. At first I assumed the book was taking place in europe, however, I was wrong, it was South Africa. Some word usages I wasn't used to, (ex: slip-slips instead of flip-flops) but could easily figure out by context. Had more a YA feel to it even though the characters ages were a bit older. Liked that the herione had quirks. :) made her more real and memorable. This was a new to me author and will be checking out more of her books! Story rated pg13 for minor language spread throughout.
Profile Image for Jillian.
649 reviews14 followers
October 5, 2017
Great book

Good clean romance. I loved Andi for her creativity and for not being afraid to stand out. Noah was probably my favorite character in the book. The video blogs: best scenes ever! Good dialogue about “is there a perfect person?” Highly recommended! Only thing I didn’t like was having to look up the Afrikaans translations in the back. Maybe have a hyper link there so we don't have to figure out where it is please!
Profile Image for Candy Laine.
Author 5 books6 followers
October 12, 2017
The series continues with Andi's story. The step sister. Apparently she was Damien's neighbour. They have been close friends and she has had a crush on him forever. What she wishes is for him to see her as an attractive woman instead of a little girl. She can't be happier when it begins to happen. What she does not anticipate is Noah, and how despite being so very different from her, he is just right for her. Another sweet read filled with teenage angst and some surprises along the way.
107 reviews3 followers
January 1, 2019
Andi is everyone's favorite bookworm friend. She is so charming and I wish she could make me the book things she makes. I love her style. This book has a little of everything. Life isn't always easy. Sometimes we wish life could be perfect, but if that were the case it would be boring and have no real meaning. Once again, the messages in the book are good ones to learn from. Can't wait to read the next book!
Profile Image for Mrs. Bookworm.
434 reviews27 followers
October 18, 2017
The trouble with faking is....you come off as desperate depending on the severity of the situation.

I'd love to say more but, all I want to say is....I love how Noah asked Andi to be his girlfriend...uhh....

They were so cute...seriously!
Profile Image for Sarah.
14 reviews
July 17, 2018
I love Andi and her story. Squeal worthy. LOVED the ending!!! Sad there’s only one left in this series. They all warrant a second read through though.
Profile Image for Serenity  Wynter .
1,558 reviews1 follower
October 17, 2018
Romance

A typical college romance with a touch of racial awareness. Not very fast moving and more wholesome than i like.
Displaying 1 - 30 of 109 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.