Start by marking “The Trouble with Faking (The Trouble Series, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Trouble with Faking (The Trouble Series, #3)

The Trouble with Faking

(The Trouble Series #3)

Faking a relationship is never a good idea, but Andi’s convinced it won’t be fake for long. Everything will work out perfectly with Damien. Until Noah steps into the picture and confuses everything …
- - -
Andi’s been in love with the boy next door for years. She’s convinced Damien’s the perfect guy for her. So it’s probably not a good idea to pretend to be his girlfriend to
Published December 2nd 2014 (first published November 29th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Trouble with Faking, please sign up.
Recent Questions
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of The Trouble with Faking (The Trouble Series, #3)
Lilian Flesher
Jun 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: completed-reads
I have to say that I adore this book by Rachel Morgan. This book is not what you expect it is funny quirky and fresh. When, I started this book I was thinking it is just going to be like every other romantic comedy story. However, I was pleasantly surprised to find out that it is not at all what it seems and that you should never judge a book by its cover.

You meet Andi the main character of this story, who has longed for the boy next door Damien for years. She moves off to college to be where Da
Melissa Delport
Aug 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: tsbc-authors
Andi is definitely my favourite Trouble character so far!
Coco.V
Oct 14, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
💝FREE on Amazon today (10/14/18)!💝

Blurb:
Faking a relationship is never a good idea, but Andi's convinced it won't be fake for long. Everything will work out perfectly with Damien. Until Noah steps into the picture and confuses everything ...

- - -

Andi's been in love with the boy next door for years. She's convinced Damien's the perfect guy for her. So it's probably not a good idea to pretend to be his girlfriend to help him snag the attention of someone else. But Andi knows it won't be for long.
Lamar
Feb 12, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: ebooks, 2015
Roxanne
Mar 11, 2015 rated it liked it
I received this book for free from "Ebooks For Review" in exchange for my honest opinion.

Did I like this book?

A while back, I read "The Trouble With Flirting", my first book by Rachel Morgan, and I was thoroughly impressed, so when I saw the opportunity to read another book from this series, I was happy to jump at the chance. While I did enjoy "The Trouble With Faking", I'd have to say I didn't love it as much as I did "The Trouble With Flirting".

Andi is a really cool character-she wears what sh
Claire Sayan
Feb 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Leslie
Mar 19, 2015 rated it liked it
I will start by saying I struggled to read this book in the beginning. I was like oh my, another book where best friends are going to fake date in the hopes one realizes the other exists on a relationship level. so i put it down for a while, then I went back to it. I must say I enjoyed this story once I got past my aversion to the fake dating. I like Noah. I think he was good for her. I started reading the book and found I didn't want to stop reading it. I just had to know what was going to be t ...more
BookHookup
Jun 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book did not go the way I expected it to. But, in a good way. It’s always great when an author surprises you. When they they show both you and the characters that what you want isn’t always what you need, it’s both shocking and strangely satisfying. I went into this book having read the first two in the series and thinking I understood the formula. Here, however, Ms. Morgan changes things up.

Andie has been in love with Damien for as long as she can remember and, through a lucky (or unlucky
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
Nov 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook-for-review
I'm super excited that I got to read this book and review it in addition to being a part of the book blitz today for release day. I've been reading and reviewing this series since the beginning (2.5 books ago).

This is the third full length novel in The Trouble series. There is also a novella. I preferred to read them in order because there is a flow to the books and this book depends on some of the back story from the previous book, The Trouble With Flirting, to really understand Andi and some o
Alisa
Mar 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2015
Andi has always known that Damien was the only guy for her. So when she has the opportunity to "pretend" they are boyfriend and girlfriend, she jumps at the chance hoping that Damien will finally see what has been in front of his eyes all these years. Too bad spending more time with Damien means spending more time with his best friend, Noah -- Andi and Noah definitely have a rocky start to their friendship.

The Official Mission: Get Marie to fall for Damien and Mike to fall for Andi.
Andi's Side M
Tracy
Apr 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
So, this is a sweet romance. So, no nookie. There’s some kisses, but that’s it. I won’t tell you the story beyond what I’ve said, but I will say, that what we think we want in life, isn’t always what we really want or need. And sometimes, getting what we wished for isn’t nearly as good as all the daydreams of it. I really liked the story. I really liked many of the side characters. I loved Noah and Carmen. I loved Noah’s family, they were a riot. I even liked Andi’s sister, Livi.

Ms. Morgan creat
Kathy
Sep 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2014
Enjoyed

Review to come

Content: some language, mild innuendo
Francisca  Alvarado
That was the most perfect and cheesy declaration of love! I want one!
April
Nov 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Trouble with Faking is an adorkably wonderful read! I love fake relationship stories so I was instantly intrigued by the title of this book. When I read the blurb I was even more excited about it. Most fake relationship stories are about how the fake relationship turns into true love. The little twist of the fake relationship turned real, not being true love, and someone else maybe being the perfect imperfect person for Andi... Well, I just LOVE that! Andi herself was adorable and I loved h ...more
Megan
May 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book. The romance was pretty slow burning and subtle but I loved it! Andie's fashion sense is to die for, Noah is so awesome, Livi and Carmen were great side character and I loved seeing what happened to characters from previous books (!!!!!!!!!!!), I loved the aspects of Andie being a booktuber and an etsy shop owner, I loved her trips to coffee shops and her over cluttered room and her unmatching socks (she is a lot like me actually lol), I loved the character growth of And ...more
Ann O'Nymos
Mar 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
Andi is quirky and funny and so in love with her childhood friend. But he just doesn't seem to see her that way.
The plan of pretend relationship never ends well, in literature and real life, and no difference here. The author makes it easy for us to cheer Andi on to forget about Damien who doesn't stand up against his mother's comment about his lower class friends and he actually is interested in a girl that's just interested in him while he has a girlfriend -not cool. I wonder what secrets his
Vivienne Martinez
May 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Andi has loved “the boy next door” Damien, for as long as she can remember. When the offer comes up to fake being his girlfriend in order to help him snag the attention of someone else, Andi is all for it. Trouble starts to arise when Damien realizes he might fall for Andi after really getting to know her. Damien's best friend Noah has never been a consideration for Andi, but as they spend more time together, Andi becomes afraid of her feelings. Will she chose her childhood crush? Or his trouble ...more
Mella
Jul 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So at first I didn’t care for this book. Noah was kind of a jerk and Andi was so annoying pining for Damien. Damien was horrid too. But honestly, I’m glad I kept reading because goodness, this book got really good!

I loved the Booktubing; I loved Noah and Andi joining up for a review. I liked when she visited his house. I really enjoyed every moment with the two of them! Miss Morgan certainly knows how to write about two people falling in love.

Bring on the next book! I am ready to keep going! Tho
Megan Besing
Nov 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed it!

Cute. Funny. Held my attention. At first I assumed the book was taking place in europe, however, I was wrong, it was South Africa. Some word usages I wasn't used to, (ex: slip-slips instead of flip-flops) but could easily figure out by context. Had more a YA feel to it even though the characters ages were a bit older. Liked that the herione had quirks. :) made her more real and memorable. This was a new to me author and will be checking out more of her books! Story rated pg13 for mino
Jillian
Oct 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book

Good clean romance. I loved Andi for her creativity and for not being afraid to stand out. Noah was probably my favorite character in the book. The video blogs: best scenes ever! Good dialogue about “is there a perfect person?” Highly recommended! Only thing I didn’t like was having to look up the Afrikaans translations in the back. Maybe have a hyper link there so we don't have to figure out where it is please!
Candy Laine
Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The series continues with Andi's story. The step sister. Apparently she was Damien's neighbour. They have been close friends and she has had a crush on him forever. What she wishes is for him to see her as an attractive woman instead of a little girl. She can't be happier when it begins to happen. What she does not anticipate is Noah, and how despite being so very different from her, he is just right for her. Another sweet read filled with teenage angst and some surprises along the way.
Mayra
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Andi is everyone's favorite bookworm friend. She is so charming and I wish she could make me the book things she makes. I love her style. This book has a little of everything. Life isn't always easy. Sometimes we wish life could be perfect, but if that were the case it would be boring and have no real meaning. Once again, the messages in the book are good ones to learn from. Can't wait to read the next book!
Mrs. Bookworm
Oct 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
The trouble with faking is....you come off as desperate depending on the severity of the situation.

I'd love to say more but, all I want to say is....I love how Noah asked Andi to be his girlfriend...uhh....

They were so cute...seriously!
R.H. Tucker
Aug 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2017
3.5 stars. Enjoyed this one, but not as much as the first two books.
Jul 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love Andi and her story. Squeal worthy. LOVED the ending!!! Sad there’s only one left in this series. They all warrant a second read through though.
Serenity  Wynter
Romance

A typical college romance with a touch of racial awareness. Not very fast moving and more wholesome than i like.
Nicola
Oct 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya
This book was excellent. I could not put it down and look forward to reading more in the series.
Cindy
Oct 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: ya
Light and fluffy : )
Amanda Hores
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sweet story!

I just read the book in a morning! I couldn't put it down. I fell in love with Noah and the love story between him and Andi. Reading the next book now!
Tara Pawelczyk
Mar 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Loved it!!! Not so predictable (although a little in places) but a fab story line, and loved the characters!!
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Love at First Fight (Geeks Gone Wild, #1)
  • The Memory Thief (City of Wishes #1)
  • Elemental Power
  • The Heartbreak Cure
  • The Faerie Guardian (Creepy Hollow, #1)
  • The Practice Boyfriend (Boyfriend #1)
  • #GoodGirlBadBoy (#BestFriendsForever, #3)
  • The Moonlight Masquerade (City of Wishes #3)
  • Chaos & the Geek (Grace Grayson Security, #1)
  • #TheBoyfriendDare (#BestFriendsForever, #4)
  • The Everafter Wish (City of Wishes #6)
  • The Vampire Trap (City of Wishes #2)
  • #TheRealCinderella
  • #LoveToHateThatBoy
  • My Mistletoe Mix-Up (Ridgewater High #5)
  • The Faerie Prince (Creepy Hollow, #2)
  • The Eternal Night (City of Wishes #4)
  • The Faerie War (Creepy Hollow, #3)
Rochelle Morgan is the contemporary romance pen name of author Rachel Morgan. When Rachel isn't writing about fantastical magical worlds like Creepy Hollow, she steps into her contemporary romance shoes and writes about first love, embarrassing moments, cute kisses, and memorable characters figuring out their place in the world.

The Trouble Series (4 books)
  • The Trouble with Flying (The Trouble Series, #1)
  • The Trouble with Flirting
  • The Trouble with Falling (The Trouble Series, #4)

News & Interviews