Start by marking “Still Life with Strings” as Want to Read:
Still Life with Strings

Still Life with Strings

My name is Jade Lennon and I stand still for money.

The night I saw Shane Arthur watching me everything changed. A man in a suit always catches my eye, but it was the way he looked at me that was different. Like he knew me or something. He didn’t know me, especially not in my costume. My sobriety rests on staying away from men, but there was something about him that made me
Published March 24th 2014 by Createspace (first published March 22nd 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Still Life with Strings, please sign up.
Heather Geez, it's been a year and no one has answered your question! I guess I will. I recommend any of LH Cosway's books. Her characters are always unique,…moreGeez, it's been a year and no one has answered your question! I guess I will. I recommend any of LH Cosway's books. Her characters are always unique, talented, and vulnerable. Her men are sexy, but not alpha. Painted Faces was the first I read of hers and it got me hooked. (less)

Lucia
Feb 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shining diamond among contemporary romance novels, Still Life With Strings is a perfect combination of romance, art, steam and realism. L.H. Cosway wrote another unforgettable story. A must-read!

My Jade and Shane:

Jade lives colorful but difficult life. Recovering alcoholic, living statue performer, bartending at concert hall, taking care of her younger siblings. Straightforward with no time for games, one night she has a quick "shag" with handsome stranger.
"I think I might have dreamt you,"
Wha
Wendy'sThoughts
Mar 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: L.H. Cosway fans, Romance
Recommended to Wendy'sThoughts by: JaHy *SuGaR LuMpS* HaAARRRRRdy
5 Believing, Bluebird, Magical Stars
* * * * * Spoiler Free
There are times when you just read for pleasure... the love of it and whether you review or not doesn't matter. You start because a dear friend tells you how much they loved it (Thank you,Jahy)... decide to see what it is and just go for it.

I really had very little knowledge about this book and started blind. As I read the note from the author explaining how small the city of Dublin is and how interconnected things could really be witho
Kristin (KC) - Traveling Sister
*3 stars*...

Still Life With Strings is a feel good love story infused with humor and some pretty solid messages of self-perception and overcoming.

What makes this story stand out for me is its creativity; our heroine is a living-statue street performer and our hero, an accomplished concert violinist. This alone presents an interesting foundation upon which to build a story. The plot largely focuses on fate and redemption, and extends a heartwarming twist.

However, although this is a love story,
Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
Live early! >> http://amzn.to/1hcr6t4 <<

3.5 ‘BLUEBIRD’ STARS

[5 stars for the first half
2.5 stars for the second half]

Overall it's a wonderful feel-good romance! Sprinkled with humor and rooted in reality, this book took a much overused premise and turned it into a story that entices the reader into wanting to know more about the plot and characters. I was never bored while reading and though the plot is quite simplistic, I never found any scenes to be mundane.

Jade is such an admirab
Christy
Feb 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Christy by: JaHy☝Hold the Fairy Dust
4-4.5 Bluebird stars!!!
 photo 075ae9b6-8124-4cb4-9842-67bdf0e244c8_zps66ff0c06.jpg
To be a muse is to be a wonder in someone else’s eyes, flaws and all.

Full of beauty, music and love, Still Life with Strings is a wonderful contemporary romance you won’t want to miss out on.
Are some people supposed to meet? Is everything coincidence, or are some things fate?

One fateful evening, Shane see’s a woman in blue posing on the street. He approaches her, just feeling this need to be near her. They don’t know anything about one another, but they both feel it. T
Debra

★★★★☆ 4.5 stars!

Still Life with Strings was a wonderfully original story that very hard to put down once I started reading it. As with all of L.H. Cosway's books that I've read so far, the characters were very unique, fascinating and a bit unconventional which made them all the more interesting. This author has become an auto-buy for me and with this story she's once again proven to be able to write some very easy to read, spellbinding standalone romances that with not too much angst and the per
Patrycja

Release Date: March, 2014
Rating: 5 + stars
Cliffhanger:.No
HEA: (view spoiler)

I really liked other Cosway’s book – Painted Faces, I thought it was a great read. But Still Life with Strings was perfection in every little detail. The story of Jade and Shane was amazing, sensual, moving, beautiful, bewitching…. I can go on and on. From start to finish I was mesmerized by the author’s fabulous storytelling.

I li
Amy | Foxy Blogs
**4.5 Strings stars**

STILL LIFE WITH STRINGS is a slow burn romance between a street performer/bartender and concert violinist.

Jade has been handed the hard knocks of life. She's had a rough childhood that led her to become an alcoholic who now is 5 years sober. Jade is the guardian for her teen siblings after her mother passed away. Currently, her life consist of being a full time responsible adult.

Shane has been sheltered his whole life because he's a musical prodigy. He's lived a privileged
Claire Robinson
Mar 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars.

Healing a broken body is easier than healing a broken heart...

Still Life With Strings isn’t your typical boy-meets-girl and they fall in love kind of story. I think I would struggle to accurately put together a fully coherent review, outlining just how enjoyable this book is, without leaving massive spoilers, but I am going to try.

Picture Fantasia for adults if you will (and check out my updates while reading for more pictorial interpretations of what I was seeing whilst reading).

Jade
Mo
Mar 14, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.75 Stars

It was just an ordinary night. He didn’t think anything extraordinary would happen. Until it did. Turning a corner onto the bustling night time street, he saw her all in blue. The woman from his painting was a living, breathing thing… and she was so completely still.

This was the story of Jade and Shane. Two Dubliners from opposite social standings. She was from The Liberties, he was from Dalkey. I suppose to a non-Irish person, that won’t really make sense but one thing about this bo
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
4,5 STARS

Wow this book was really beautiful!!It was romantic,hot and mysterious!!I really enjoyed it!!This is my first book of L.H. Cosway and I can say that she is very talented!!I will definitely read her other books soon!!

description

Shane is a musician, he plays violin.He goes to Dublin to play with the local orchestra. He wants to forget the woman he used to love... After her mother's death, Jade must look after her siblings alone and she has to deal with their problems... She works as a street perfor
Val Shameless ⚓️ Steamy Reads ⚓️
In case this shows up in my feed - despite me UNCHECKING the "add the my feed" box...Updated 4/18/15 to replace some gifs I noticed weren't working. Because OCD...

DNF @51%

Yeah so me and violins...

description

...just don't go together, I guess.

This just wasn't my thing, honestly...and I should have known better.

The main male character is a violinist...

description

And the female is a bartending sometime "busker" (whomp whomp) who has hallucinogenic acid trips...but without any actual acid.

description

The way the main female kept s
JaHy☝Hold the Fairy Dust
Mar 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommended to JaHy☝Hold the Fairy Dust by: Everyone who wants to smile
** 4 " FATEFUL" STARS****

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

When I think of Still Life with Strings the word "whimsical" immediately comes to mind. The writing, character development, and pace of the story felt as though I were reading a beautiful melody being performed with words. I am NOT a romance /chick lit kind of gal but when I noticed a friend (Claire) was reading this, I ran to request a copy. L.H. Cosway blew me away with Painted Faces and I was eager to see if she could do it again. SHE DID.

Still Life with String
♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥
4.5 Beautiful Bluebird Stars

L.H. Cosway sucked me into her world of Shane Arthur and Jade Lennon. I found the story to be unique in both the content and the way it was told. The author took her time delivering her story, feeding us knew information, insight and feeling all the way through the book.

It's a magical, romantic story about healing, taking risks and trusting in another person, trusting them with your heart and soul. It's about living through pain in all it’s different forms, lonelines
Jennifer Kyle
Feb 20, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs
3.5 Blue Lady Stars

”You live in the real world Jade, and you don’t know how desperate I am to join you.”

description

I just LOVED Painted Faces by L.H. Cosway but for me this story had a very slow pace. In fact, I was bored a great deal of the time. My boredom didn't have anything to do the characters or the overall story but the day to day started wearing on me and I started to wonder what is the purpose of this story?

There is beauty to be found amongst these pages and it does have a bigger meaning kind o
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️

4.5 Artistically Awesome Stars!

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Jade Lennon doesn't have the easiest life. She works multiple jobs, lives in seedier part of Dublin, just trying to stay afloat while supporting her three younger siblings. It isn't the life she's dreamed of but life has given her countless challenges but she trudges on... One thing she loves is to busk as a street performer. It gives her fast cash when she needs food on the table. She dresses as a blue-winged sparrow and stands like a statue on the streets....plu
Jeannine Allison
5 Stars (Re-Read 1/18/2018)

5 Stars (First Read 7/29/2015)
"What is perfect, anyway?"
"Whatever you want it to be. Think of it more as a feeling. I think perfect is just feeling content with your lot."
If that's the case then this novel was definitely perfect. As always Cosway's storytelling is beautiful and mesmerizing. I devoured this book in a day and like Six of Hearts it has an enchanting quality to it that leaves you believing in magic or divine intervention. There are time when I read a n
Bindi Boo
Nov 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 stars

SO DARN SWEET! I absolutely adore this author. Every book of hers have been magical for me so far. So much feelings and emotions. Her writing is so poetic, so brilliant i only get more enthralled with each book. This book had so many moments- moments where i re-read sentences over and over, just to soak in the heroines' imagination and her emotions.

Having had a rough childhood and a hiding behind a devastating secret, Jade is a sweet, kind hearted soul who sacrifices everything for her y
aksana  -  4 - 8 - 15 - 16 - 23 - 42 -
4.5 Stars
Still Life with Strings is a story about 26 year old Jade who is a recovering alcoholic, working as a living statue and bartending at a concert hall. She is also the legal gurdian of her younger siblings. She had a troubled past which lead her to alcoholism. But after the her mother got ill she sobered up to take care of her younger siblings.

Shane is a former violin prodigy. He was home-schooled and lived a very sheltered life to concentrate on his violin carreer. He was very succesfu
[~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥
Mar 17, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
3 stars

Started off great with Shane and Jade having a quicky. It leads to them meeting again under different circumstances and becoming friends.

From then on the story didnt appeal to me personally. It was one of those meaningful types, Jade showing Shane "how to live". I found the twist quite random and the story would have been good without it.

This book is a good choice for those who like friends to lovers, some sexual tension and steam, with a few twists along the way. I didnt like it nor di
destini mia
Mar 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
“Perhaps it wasn’t that he dreamt me. Perhaps I was the one who dreamt him.”

A sweet story with art, music, and a swoon-worthy hero.
____________________________________________
 ❄ the story ❄

Jade is responsible for supporting her fractured family and so she works in a concert hall and on the streets (standing still). Never did she think she'd catch the eye of the stunning and talented Shane Arthur.
And although she would love nothing more than to explore something with him, she tries to distan
♥Sharon♥
Mar 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 Absolutely Wonderful Stars

photo stillcollage1jpg_zps0ad792d5.jpg

This is my first book by L.H. Cosway and I am so happy I gave her book a try. Reviews had started popping up on my feed that caught my attention and I had a feeling that I would really enjoy this story.

Jades life hasn’t been an easy one. Her mother passed away four years ago and she lost her father shortly after she was born. Without anyone else to take over, Jade assumes responsibility for her younger siblings and does whatever she needs to do in order to keep the f
Feb 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 MILLION STARS!!!!!!

This.....

January 19th - I may be partial to this as I absolutely adore violins, but I love the feeling of this painting.
Lise *friends don't flag*
4.5 Big Blue Stars!description

“Perhaps for a moment someone will think that they’ve stepped into a world where normal is not the rule anymore, that the extraordinary is.”

description

The beautifully poetic detail in the writing is not something I come across often. So when I get my eyes and mind on a book like this one, I am not able to put it down until the end, which is what I did last night and into the wee hours of the morning.

What a special treat this one was to read. I adored Painted Faces by this author and was
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
3.5 Bluebird Stars

To be a muse is to be a wonder in someone else's eyes, flaws and all.

This was my first book by L.H. Cosway, and I can definitely tell you it won't be my last. The author has an incredible talent in allowing her words on a written page to build a vivid and living visual in your head as you're reading it. I think that may have been may favorite part of the book.

Jade is a street performer and a bartender in a concert hall. A recovering alcoholic, she uses music and art as her
Dali
Mar 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful story about tragedy, fate and love written in a symphony of sensory stimulus. I liked Cosway’s writing style within the first few paragraphs. But I wasn’t prepared to be transported into a Mary Poppins kind of world where reality collides with fantasy through Jade’s very imaginative eyes and lyrical inner thoughts.

Jade, Still Life with Strings’heroine, is a twenty six year old “recovering alcoholic, orphan, responsible for two wayward teenagers” that moonlights and sometimes daylight
Penny Reid
Longer review next week!!
It's official.
I love everything about LH Cosway, but especially her heroes and heroines. They are the biggety bomb.

Jeanne
4.5 stars!!

Picture yourself on a boat on a river
With Tangerine trees and marmalade skies
Somebody calls you, you answer quite slowly
A girl with kaleidoscope eyes.

Swoon, what girl wouldn't want a hot musician to compare her to a Beatle's song:) I thought this was a really sweet, enjoyable story. I think what makes L.H. Cosway's books so special is her gift for character development. Both Shane and Jade were likable and unique MC's. Shane is a concert violinist, and Jade is a still life str
Michelle
Mar 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 01-signed
This was my first experience reading a book by L.H. Cosway and I can’t help but wonder why the fuck it took me so long. When I saw the cover and the blurb for this book floating around on Facebook it caught my attention instantly.

Screenshot_1

Jade is an orphan, four years ago she lost her mother and a lifetime ago her father. Taking on the responsibility of being the parent of her younger siblings she does what she can to make ends meet. Working at the Concert Hall selling tickets and bartending then transf
Hazel *Craves the Angst Reviews*
Sep 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Hazel *Craves the Angst Reviews* by: Juls
Second Read Through - Jan. 22, 2016 - I'm a firm believer in reading books more than once, especially those that are so phenomenal that you can't help but think of them days or weeks after you've put it down. Today, I decided to reread STILL LIFE WITH STRINGS by L.H. Cosway. This book is amazing and just as wonderful the second time around as it was the first. LOVE LOVED Jade and Shane!!
____

First Read Through - October 9-10, 2014

Find This and Other Reviews At Craves The Angst.

5 “How Could You No
Pump Up Your Book: Still Life With Strings by L.H. Cosway 2 24 Apr 15, 2014 04:33AM
  • More Than Water (More Than Water, #1)
  • Ashes to Ashes (Experiment in Terror, #8)
  • Hydraulic Level Five (Hydraulic, #1)
  • The End of Gods (A Welcome to the Underworld Novel, Book 4)
  • The Story Guy
  • Playing in the Rain
  • Love Hacked (Knitting in the City, #3)
  • Awaken (Spiral of Bliss, #3)
  • Frenched (Frenched, #1)
  • Hard Time
  • Chat
  • Rockers After Dark
  • The Corrupt Comte (The Bourbon Boys Quartet, #1)
  • A Seductive Melody (Kelly Brothers, #5)
  • Only Trick
  • Badger
  • Kulti
L.H. Cosway lives in Dublin, Ireland. Her inspiration to write comes from music. Her favourite things in life include writing stories, vintage clothing, dark cabaret music, food, musical comedy, and of course, books.

She thinks that imperfect people are the most interesting kind. They tell the best stories.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LHCosway

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LHCosway

Mailing List:
“To be a muse is to be a wonder in someone else's eyes, flaws and all.” 26 likes
“A picture is just a picture, but add music and there's emotion. There's a story.” 22 likes