Start by marking “Hidden (Kindle Single)” as Want to Read:
Hidden (Kindle Single)

Hidden (Kindle Single)

3.84  ·  Rating details ·  1,267 Ratings  ·  53 Reviews
On the surface, Claire Saunders has it all. She has a rewarding career in fashion and a talented concert pianist daughter. Her loving husband is one of the country’s most trusted diplomats.

She thinks she’s hidden her secret from her best friends, but they know her too well.

Can her friends get her out of harm’s way and protect her from a man who is as ruthless as he is ch
Published January 19th 2014 (first published December 5th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Hidden, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hidden

Dana Burda
Jun 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Romanul Barbarei Taylor Bradford a aparut in limba romana la editura Litera sub titlul " Puterea dragostei", in colectia Carti romantice in anul 2013. Este o poveste frumoasa despre prietenie si despre suferintele pe care le poate indura cineva doar pentru ca iubeste.
Personajul principal al romanului este Claire Saunders o femeie frumoasa, inteligenta si cu mult simt artistic care la varsta de putin peste patruzeci de ani parea sa aiba tot ce-si putea dori cineva: un sot care arata spectaculos
Lisa Blair
Jan 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
A short story of how Claire's husband goes from being loving to being physically and emotionally abusive. Claire pretends that all is well until her three friends kidnap/rescue her and help her see/admit to the truth of her life being in danger. Claire comes to her senses and starts life new and a fresh.

Barbara Taylor Bradford did an excellent job writing and developing this story.

*I read this for free as part of Amazon's Kindle Single borrowing programming.
Laura Jean Coffey
Mar 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I could feel the rage

I could feel the rage

Having come from an abusive marriage, the characters emotions were incredibly well written. First I have read by this author, but not the last.
Connie
Nov 04, 2016 rated it liked it
I must admit that I consider Barbara Taylor Bradford kind of a "guilty pleasure ". Her books always represent strong, tough, successful, rich, beautiful, perfect women. The books also are a bit syrupy, but I like them anyway.
That being said, this one was different; the characters' success and perfection were not dripping off the page. A nice change of pace.
Christine Haynes
A very good read
Sigmund Morawski
Apr 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
There he was in plain sight.

Clever story. Teaches a #me too lesson. Convent. Friends. Music. London. All of these elements were oh so delicious! Quick read!
Lucy
Mar 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Aimee Hyndman
Sep 21, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Joan
Feb 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I read every word of every book in the Emma Harte series. Barbara Taylor Bradford is so good with female heroes...bigger than life...meeting and surmounting major problems...remaining likable and feminine. Hidden is the story of Clare Saunders, smart, savvy, beautiful, and successful in the fashion field. As a young woman, she met her soul mate and became pregnant with his child before he "disappeared" from her life. She meets and marries her husband Mark. Mark agrees to claim the daughter as hi ...more
Samantha
I normally really enjoy short stories, and I did enjoy this, however I felt that the story line was a little deep to be covered and it didn't do it as much justice as it could have.

The story centers around domestic violence, Clare is married to Mark - her soul mate and has been for many years. Mark has a high profile job and is regularly away on business. When he is at home he has begun to abuse Clare, she had changed from a confident woman, into a timid one who tries to cover for him.

Clare ha
Jool
Jul 13, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction
Well, I READ THE WRONG BOOK!!! I was looking for Hidden by Catherine McKenzie - instead I got 'Hidden' by Barbara Taylor Bradford. Well. Of course I read and read and by about 85% through I was thinking "this is not at all like the book description - when are they going to get to that part??" And of course they never did and then I discovered my error.

Let me say this was an entertaining book. I did like it, but it is most assuredly Chick Lit. I most oftentimes do not care for that kind of light
Shirley Ford
Mar 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
I always enjoy a Barbara Taylor Bradford book, but didn’t realise this was a Novella, so it finished all too quickly. The story shows how an abusive marriage can take place behind closed doors. The husband, a special advisor to the President of the United States, presenting a perfectly normal persona to the outside world. A dutiful wife who doesn’t want the world to know what an awful bully he really is and doesn’t want her daughter to find out. Luckily Claire, the abused wife, has three very go ...more
Patricia
Oct 01, 2014 rated it liked it
Short but Good

There were a few mistakes here and there, but not so much to distract from the story. It was a little predictable but not enough to stop me from reading. I don't know if there's going to be a sequel, but if there was I'd be interested in reading it.

Claire has some pretty damned good friends around her. if not for them.....

I loved the relationship between Claire and her daughter. And the nun was pretty cool too. I liked how all of the characters were portrayed.
Jennifer Warden
Feb 23, 2014 rated it it was ok
A very short but somewhat compelling story about domestic violence. I would have been interested to see more in-depth character development, but it was a short story so I understand the need to be more concise. This book features one of my biggest pet peeves... it has not been thoroughly proofread. Grammatical, spelling and style errors were frustratingly common. I'm not sure how the publishing world works as far as digital singles go (maybe this is the norm), but it looks unprofessional. If I w ...more
HNC Library
This book was read by student Jaweria as part of her Six Book Challenge - here is her review:

I love the way the author portrayed the characters and their relationships with each other. Claire and Mark's wedding, which looks perfect to everyon else except her friend. They know Mark is becoming a monster and they help their friend realise that she shouldn't tolerate this. The love of Claire and her daughter is very sweet and wonderful. However I was expecting Claire and her love and her ex-boyfrie
Seadaz
Feb 01, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Little novella by BTB. A nice quick read - read in an hour and a half. For a small book, the story was good, got a good sense of each of the characters.

Would have been a good sized interesting novel, and dealt with the outcomes of Mark's divorce and abuse (if it became public) on his political career.

Would have been good to see how the daughter was affected by the separation and if she found out of her dad's abuse, did Claire end up meeting the old flame? So many questions actually - prob as it
Karen
Jun 01, 2014 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. A quick read - ideal for by the pool ☀
A little bit predictable though. Not a typical Barbara Taylor Bradford book, but I'd recommend it.
Claire has it all- or does she? Married to Mark, the perfect husband, surrounded by 3 wonderful girlfriends who meet up every Saturday for lunch.
But the girls are very worried about Mark's hold on Claire. They want to make her see what she's really worth.
s hess
Feb 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Review of book

At the beginning of the book even though Barb Barbara Taylor Brett red Bradford is an excellent author I thought possibly she had missed with this because it was not holding my interest possibly this is because it's the first book I read on the Kindle but I quickly became engrossed in the book and I read it and approximate Lee me in about five hours I recommend this book for anyone miss Bradfords readers
Elaine
Feb 17, 2014 rated it liked it
I didn't dislike this book, I simply hated reading the "kindle single" version. Barbara Taylor Bradford is a terrific author, (I've read her a lot) but obviously to qualify for kindle single status, you must make the story short and leave lots of typos. Too bad, since the basis of the story is worth reading.
Gail Davidson
Jan 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
Abuse doesn't discriminate

The topic of domestic violence was presented in the setting of a wealthy family and friends. Although most certainly the power and resources available to the victim through her friends would not be the usual case; the need for drastic intervention is critical. Recommended for a high spirited story with a happy ending.
Sharon Jones
Feb 09, 2014 rated it it was ok
Too short to develop the characters so even though the story was complete it left one empty. I think I would have more than enjoyed the story had the author spent more time on the characters but maybe that was the purpose of the book. To throw a story out, get it done quickly and finished to completion in as few pages as possible.
Den
Feb 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016, teen
Another Quick Read which I instantly got into. I wondered how the friendship between the four women would help one of them flee from an abusive husband. Good story line. Nice to see the strong figures at the end.
Natalie
Feb 10, 2014 rated it liked it
Hidden is a Kindle Single about a women who is abused by her husband, and how her friends try to help her out of the dangerous relationship. Kept my interest, just nothing special. It also had some typos.
Corine
Feb 07, 2014 added it
There are no words no stars is more like it.

I have enjoyed her books in the past but this was ridiculous. Does Amazon pay authors to write short stories? don't bother but I was happy this was short because I hate abandoning a book.
Brenda MacKay
Very good

I chose 5 stars as this book tantalizing enough to keep my attention long enough for Mr to want to know how it ended, it is however a book I would only tell my female friends about.
Abby
Feb 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
A good short story. Definitely wish it was longer! This is an intense story about girlfriends banding together to help one of their own and a woman whose husband abuses her. Action packed! As I got closer to the end, I figured it out but didn't want the story to end where it did!
Linda Smatzny
Mar 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is a short novella read on my kindle in about an hour. It is the story of Claire who has an abusive husband. Her three best friends rescue her & make her see that she must leave Mark before he kills her.
Trevor
Jul 30, 2014 rated it did not like it
I wish I could say something positive, but this sucked. It reads like an orgy of middle-aged female fantasies without any pretense of thought, progress, creativity, or deeper themes--think Sex and the City meets The View. It was so trite and flat that it isn't worth your time.
tami
Jan 31, 2014 added it
Good read

Good read. always looking for a different type of book to read. Barbara Taylor Bradford tells a good
story, not everyone lives the perfect life there are sometimes big obstacles to encounter. thanks for the story, hope there is a sequel.
Sabrina Milan
Mar 09, 2014 rated it liked it
Predictable but good

Predictable but good

Enjoyed the characters. Good to see the strength of the lead character. Don't want to say it was a 'fun' read, just easy. Good for taking to your beach vacation.
  • Tudor Rose (Timepiece, #1)
  • Rules for Dating a Romantic Hero
  • Star Sullivan
  • Love Is Blind
  • Today Everything Changes
  • Girl from the South
  • Strangers on the 16:02
  • The Perfect Holiday
  • One Good Turn
  • Happy Families (Quick Reads)
  • Before We Say Goodbye
  • Wrong Time, Wrong Place
  • Blessing Your Spirit
  • Vaccines: Are They Really Safe and Effective?
  • Henry VIII and His Six Wives
  • Tuned In to Love
  • Hello Mum
  • 52 Delicious & Healthy SUPERFOOD Breakfasts Under 300 Calories - Simple, Quick & No-Bake!
Barbara Taylor Bradford is the author of 30 bestselling novels, including The Cavendon Women, Cavendon Hall, and The Ravenscar Dynasty. She was born in Leeds, England, and from an early age, she was a voracious reader: at age 12, she had already read all of Dickens and the Brontë sisters. By the age of twenty, she was an editor and columnist on Fleet Street. She published her first novel, A Woman ...more

Fiction Deals

$3.49 $0.99
  • The Daughters of Palatine Hill
  • A House for Happy Mothers
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love Poems (New Directions Paperbook)
    $11.95 $2.99
  • The Drowning Guard
  • Anathema
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Neverhome
    $12.99 $2.99
  • Sinner: A Paradise Novel (The Books of History Chronicles)
    $11.49 $3.99
  • A Promise of Hope (Kauffman Amish Bakery, #2)
  • 'Round Midnight: A Novel
    $13.99 $2.99
  • Ulterior Motives (Sun Coast Chronicles, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Prisoner B-3087
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Midwife's Revolt (The Midwife Series, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Place of Peace (Kauffman Amish Bakery, #3)
  • The Beekeeper's Promise
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Two-Family House
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Where Do I Go? (Yada Yada House of Hope, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Bloodletter's Daughter
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Gift of Grace (Kauffman Amish Bakery, #1)
  • The Luxe (Luxe, #1)
    $3.74 $0.99
  • A Dream of Home (Hearts of the Lancaster Grand Hotel)
  • The Thing About Jellyfish
  • Somewhere in France: A Novel of the Great War
    $8.74 $1.99
  • Skin
    $1.99 $0.99
  • Endangered (Ape Quartet, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Inamorata
    $3.99 $0.99
  • A Life of Joy (Kauffman Amish Bakery, #4)
  • The Poisonwood Bible
    $11.99 $11.99
  • Cometh the Hour (The Clifton Chronicles #6)
  • The Question of Red
  • A.D. 30 (A.D., #1)
    $7.99 $3.99
  • Karolina's Twins: A Novel
  • The Woman in the Dunes
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Illuminati: Roundtable of the Bosses (The Cartel #7)
  • The 158-Pound Marriage
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Chasing Rainbows: A Novel
  • A Season of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Last Kingdom (The Saxon Stories, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
“Yesterday is not ours to recover but tomorrow is ours to win or lose.” 2 likes
“How could I forget? I’m her godmother.’ Sasha knew Claire so well, knew she needed a moment now, some space to think, so she didn’t press. But she was far from finished with the problem. ‘Have you spoken with our little musical genius yet?’ she asked.” 0 likes