Start by marking “Sacred Intimacy” as Want to Read:
Sacred Intimacy

Sacred Intimacy

3.93  ·  Rating details ·  42 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Intimacy. What is it? Contrary to what the tabloids might have us believe, achieving true intimacy with another person is a multifaceted endeavor. Intimacy is the compelling desire and need to be linked to, or connected with, another person. And this linkage can occur in several ways.

Authors Brenton and Margaret Yorgason suggest that intimacy goes beyond the physical close
Published January 1st 2004 by Cedar Fort (first published March 1989)

To ask other readers questions about Sacred Intimacy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sacred Intimacy

Aimee
Mar 05, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Married people or getting married people
Recommended to Aimee by: Karaline Everett
This is a great book. I think it should be required reading for anyone that wants to be married. It cleared up some things for me, and I've been married for five years now. LDS values, wonderful book.
Jayda
Apr 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book is interesting. It pointed out a lot of stuff that I hadn't previously realized or thought of, but there were aspects I didn't like. It said that "sex" is often a selfish thing, but "sharing love" is acceptable. I understand what it's trying to say, but it's a matter of giving terms different meanings and nothing more. I just didn't like the way they worded that section.

Overall, this is a great book for all soon-to-be married couples, newlyweds, and already married couples.
Rebecca
Jul 10, 2011 rated it it was ok
My parents gave this book to all of their children before we got married. Didn't ever read it until like 4 years after I was married. haha. I liked it ok. Talks about couples being unified spiritually, emotionally, and physically in order to have the greatest level of intimacy. To be honest, I can't remember why I didn't like it that much...I read it a long time ago.
Stephanie
Apr 01, 2009 rated it it was amazing
For how short this book is (72 pages, 5 chapters), it certainly has a wealth of information. It's short and to the point, and the faith of this couple is tangible as they share realistic information about how to have a healthy marriage.
Karaline Everett
Mar 04, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This book was very good it helped me in my thinking of love relationship and sex, but its not just about intamacy in a sexual way its about diferent kinds of intamacy some that i never thought of, a good read for any woman
Laurie
May 02, 2009 marked it as to-read
I also won this one. I can't wait to read it.
Karijean31
Apr 27, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
we got this for our wedding and it was very helpful
Bonni
Aug 11, 2010 rated it liked it
Quick simple guide to strengthening marriages.
Kim
Oct 14, 2009 rated it really liked it
Reviews all areas of imtimacy in a marriage. Written by Latter-day Saints. Great information for married couples.
Martha
Paula
Jul 12, 2012
Mary Smith
Aug 07, 2015
Brent G. Yorgason was born and raised in Utah. He received his PhD in 1981 in Family Studies and Marriage and Family Therapy at Brigham Young University. Brent and his wife Margaret are the parents of 9 children.
More about Brenton G. Yorgason