Start by marking “The Cube Method” as Want to Read:
The Cube Method

The Cube Method

Are you ready for the next level in powerlifting training? Are you tired of programs that leave you coming up short on meet day? How about getting the leg up on your competition with the tried and true “Old School” methods of powerlifting, with a modern application?

You need a program that covers every aspect of strength training and leaves no doubt that your progress will
Published December 11th 2012 by BookBaby

To ask other readers questions about The Cube Method, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Cube Method

Start your review of The Cube Method
Bastard Travel
Feb 15, 2021 rated it really liked it
Brandon Lilly is a huge dude, and he wrote a book to teach others how to be huge. He's mostly literate, but writing is not his strong suit. Fortunately, I didn't come out here to pick up Brandon Lilly's tips on how to master the literary craft.

The Cube method is an intuitive, no-frills approach to powerlifting. The first 5-7 working sets are devoted to one of the big three lifts and their variations to strengthen the individual weak points in those three lifts. For example, if your bench press
Andrecrabtree
Could be summarized in a 5 page white paper. I’ll stick to 5/3/1 for now.
Saleh
Mar 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
After using the training program for about 6 months I finally decided to read this short one. If you got your Cube program from some calculator or spreadsheet, you're set, but give the author of the program your money, buy the book! Also, by reading this short book you'll get to know Brandon Lilly's philosophy and how he came up with this program. Great one! ...more
Paul
Sep 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fitness
I've been following the cube method for 4 weeks now, and I've almost completed week 1 of my second 3 week cycle.

The cube method logic just works for me, it's my kind of sense!

Following these workouts has seen me absolutely dripping in sweat each and every day! I shall be cycling this for a while longer yet.

The book is a good read, although I'd have liked more info in nutrition as that's always been my downfall. Still, I'm enjoying my chocolate milk every day!
Jim Dydo
Nov 07, 2016 rated it liked it
Good read lots of useful info.

This is something I'm going to try to switch over too. My current routine seems to be lacking in something.
Bree Taylor
Jan 27, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fitness
No nonsense approach to a type of training for power lifting. Interesting but not for me.
Richard
Apr 22, 2015
Michael Finn
Jan 26, 2015
linda coleman
rated it did not like it
Oct 06, 2020
Jan 10, 2015
Michael Petyak
Jan 19, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Strength LAB: Maximum Strength and Explosive Power for Athltes (Training LAB Series of books)
  • The Furious Method: Transform your Mind, Body and Goals
  • The Shallows: What the Internet Is Doing to Our Brains
  • Apollo's Arrow: The Profound and Enduring Impact of Coronavirus on the Way We Live
  • Pathways to Bliss: Mythology and Personal Transformation
  • Breath: The New Science of a Lost Art
  • 5/3/1: The Simplest and Most Effective Training System for Raw Strength
  • Leadership Strategy and Tactics: Field Manual
  • No Easy Day: The Firsthand Account of the Mission That Killed Osama Bin Laden
  • American Sniper: The Autobiography of the Most Lethal Sniper in U.S. Military History
  • Strategize: Product Strategy and Product Roadmap Practices for the Digital Age
  • The Consolation of Philosophy
  • Inside Delta Force: The Story of America's Elite Counterterrorist Unit
  • Generation Kill: Devil Dogs, Iceman, Captain America, and the New Face of American War
  • The Last Punisher: A SEAL Team Three Sniper's True Account of the Battle of Ramadi
  • Call Sign Chaos: Learning to Lead
  • The Dichotomy of Leadership: Balancing the Challenges of Extreme Ownership to Lead and Win
  • The 4-Hour Workweek