Start by marking “Warzone: Nemesis” as Want to Read:
Warzone: Nemesis

Warzone: Nemesis

3.86  ·  Rating details ·  29 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews
The space race was a lie, and the cold war wasn’t as cold as you thought. While we were playing spy versus spy, conducting an arms race and a space race on Earth, things were heating up in the solar system.

In 1959, an alien vessel crashed on the Navajo reservation, ushering forth a colonial space race in the solar system between the two superpowers. The prize is the myster
Published August 4th 2013 by Morris\Graham

To ask other readers questions about Warzone, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Warzone

Aug 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
So this is an updated review of Warzone: Nemesis! The author sent me the updated edition of the book and I've decided to change some things in my review. I've decided to splice the two together so the parts in italics is my old review while everything in regular font is the new stuff. Enjoy!

Thank you to the author, Morris E. Graham, for gifting me with a copy of Warzone: Nemesis in exchange for an honest review!

This is one of those times that I hate having to give a star rating to a book. I've b
J.C. Steel
Dec 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Graham E. Morris’s Warzone: Nemesis opens the files of the top-secret war for space, hidden behind the facade of a decades-long cold war between super-powers. The wrecks of two alien spaceships, and the larger disaster behind the wrecks, gives both the USSR and the USA the rudiments of space travel, and access to the element known only as alloy-x, the key to the interplanetary engines. Elite fighters recruited anonymously from Special Forces units join the battle between the two countries for su ...more
Ed Morawski
Aug 22, 2014 rated it it was ok
Warzone Nemesis
Starts off with a great premise: A flying 'disc' UFO crash lands on a Navajo Indian Reservation in 1959.

Despite the numerous typos (3 on the first page alone) I was drawn in by the story of the Indian boy encountering the craft and its dying occupants. And it kept me going through more of the tribe getting involved in investigating the craft. Although it seemed rather strange that the Indians said it was nothing that they ever saw before, yet instantly somehow knew it was a vesse
Laszlo
Aug 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Mr. Graham first novel is four star!!!!

....want to read more!

Laszlo
Bill Cobb
Aug 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book convincingly demonstrates that Morris Graham is a very imaginative and gifted storyteller - a soldier's storyteller. To say that he is in his element vividly describing Cold War combat operations on the Moon and Mars is a gross understatement. He is equally in his element when he moves story and readers to a Navajo reservation, the jungles of Vietnam, a secret training center for American military personnel, space travel, and a blistering boxing match on Mars between this novel's Ameri ...more
Linda Todd
Jul 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: friends
Recommended to Linda by: a gift
Wow amazing book woderful roller coaster of a ride so thank you for the privilege of going on this imaginatioal adventure this book was fabulous in so many ways well thought out story lines and very strong characters for the story to be a work of art in my eyes loved every minate of it this book I will be happy to recommend to all my friends and then some and will be looking out for book two and more as wonderful adventures do not happen in my head alot well my thanks go to the author Morris E.G ...more
S.A. Healey
Sep 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Despite not being a natural leaner toward science fiction, I must admit this was a creatively written, action-packed, roller-coasteresque story, which held my attention throughout. The scenes were descriptive and the characters finely detailed, painting a clear picture in my mind as I navigated the plot and connected with its main players. I don’t like to give too much away in reviews at the risk of dropping spoilers, but I will say that I loved the ending. Overall, this was an imaginative piece ...more
Aly
Nov 22, 2015 rated it liked it
Sometimes I like Sci-Fi and sometimes I don't. I can take it or leave it. It is this way for me in movies and TV shows too. I go back and forth. I think this book was good but sometime it seemed to be a bit boring at times for me. I think the plot in the book was good but I am on the fence with this book. * I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review*
Gabe Waggoner
Fans of military science fiction, such as the Stargate series, might well enjoy this novel. In a dedicated effort, Graham melds the realms of politics, international relations, personal honor, and cross-cultural understanding. The nods to Star Trek, my first love, were a treat. Many sci-fi fans have long imagined stories set on the moon or Mars. Those growing up during the Cold War will appreciate Graham's creative approach.

My dispassionate editor's eye appreciated the nuances of the en dash and
Vanda Denton
Mar 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If, like me, you find the beginning of this book a little confusing, keep reading. All becomes clear.
Graham takes us through clearly marked decades involving ‘the truth’ about the space race with the two real-life superpowers, fascinating insight of Navajo culture, an arms race for an alien alloy (of which more is found on the moon and other planets) and the American hero arising from the Vietnam war.
The story is presented in an interesting style including dispatches, news headlines and memorand
Valicity Garris
Sep 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: sci-fans and anyone interested in a suspenseful thirll.
I was nervous about reading this book when I first got a copy. I’m really not into sci-fi or space travel or aliens very much but I thought, what the heck, I’ll give it a try. While I wasn’t completely head over heels in love with this story, there were many good points that I found to be very interesting—more interesting than concepts found in some “best-sellers” today.

The first point I want to highlight in this book is that it heavily involves minority characters. Anyone who’s had me review t
Wendy
Sep 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Wendy by: Good reads Giveaways
Shelves: scify, action-packed
"Warzone: Nemesis" which I won from Goodreads Giveaways is a blend of science fiction and military action set on the Moon and Mars and begins in 1959 with the crash of an alien vessel on a Navajo reservation.
As the story opens there is a strained relationship between the Soviet Union and the United States. Spies who've infiltrated both countries are hungry to gain information that will advance research and technology so their homeland will dominate the arms and space race. In the space vessel t
Heidi Angell
Don
Chosen as a First Read winner to digest and review upon completion, I would like to thank the Author, Mr. Graham, the book's publisher, and of course, Goodreads for the opportunity to have read this novel.

Always being a sucker for military Science-Fiction, I found WARZONE: NEMESIS a very compelling and enjoyable book. From start to finish, the story didn't tend to let me down.

It was entertaining and quite satisfactory; even though there were a few typos and some discrepancies, I tried not letti
Walter Parchomenko
Aug 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
An engrossing first novel that had me addicted after just the first few chapters, and thankful that this is just the first of a trilogy.

Morris Graham's novel deftly blends many themes, paints many pictures, and will, no doubt, appeal to a very wide audience: honor, loyalty, romance, religion, extreme physical and mental training of soldiers, combat operations, American immigrants (Russian-American, Chinese-American), Soviet culture and, of course, unconventional science-fiction.

Graham's great de
Rakhi Jayashankar
Oct 17, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: sci-fi, fantasy
Highlights

The book kicks off with a promising plot. An alien aircraft crashes near the Navajo Reservation. The US and Soviet conspiracy to get hold of the technology and alloy-x. The story has a potential to grab the attention of the readers. Further the war and life in moon and mars. A perfect plot and an interesting read for the core sci- fi lovers. A thorough effort is being invested in build up of the circumstances and the aura of the war atmosphere. The intricate account of strategies and c
Jay
Sep 24, 2013 rated it liked it
I would say to skip most of the first 1/4 part, at least until we're introduced to Sealord pilot that's where the real meat of the story started.

From there and after the story really earns itself. Would be willing to give next story a shot, and I would expect to like it better seeing how it would be about the commander for most part.

I believe the issue with the early part was lack of either character development and/or connection between the characters and the readers. I understand it is there
Coyora Dokusho
Sep 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: giveaways
In compliance with FTC guidelines, I am disclosing that I received the book for free through Goodreads First Reads. (i.e. DESTINY wants me to read this book.)

I'm going to update my review as I read the book!! Why? Because it's fun~

9/22/2013 2:14 PM

The cover of this classified report is not, itself, classified. XD LOL

Just stylistic quibbles so far - wish there was more show and less tell. Also, for example: "Start the vessel's self-destruct sequence to engage..." Start and engage are synonyms - "
Kelly Smith Reviews
Sep 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Morris E. Graham took inspiration from a video game, of all things, and turned it into one of the most interesting science fiction/war novels out there today.
Video games have some of the best stories around. If you don't play, you might think I've lost my mind, but it's true. The creators create a grand story to support the carnage and wartime violence the player experiences.
In this book, it does read very visually, switching off between prose and letters to tell what is probably the most realis
Kathy
Aug 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Disclaimer: I won this book.

I loved this book's plot. For someone who missed the Space Race and grew up during the Cold War, this book was great. There was plenty of action, along with some drama, tragedy, and comedy. I wished it would have ended slightly differently, but I guess that would have affected the sequel. The only problem was the time discrepancy between the first and second sections. Also, I want to know about the original settlers of Eagle 1 (and the other bases) and the archaeologi
Kasey Cocoa
Aug 31, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf
Very long and tedious read with entirely too much detail. The plot has potential but crawls along at a snails pace. I didn't like the way the technology was used or the constant dry dialogue and repetitiveness of information. I didn't like the editing job or the silly symbols, or the use of the foreign letters. This takes away from immersion and enjoyment. The characters feel flat. I received a finished copy from the author in exchange for my honest opinion.
Ana Meyer
Oct 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
I love a good sci fi and this one was a fun time. It was imaginative and unique. I enjoyed how the story began on a Navajo reservation as I love it when books take us to less commonly used locations. At times the story could drag but I persisted and was glad I did. I wasn't a big fan of the symbols within the novel but I got past them and enjoyed the story. It was a easy read and a fun premise. If you enjoy sci fi/alien invasion, then you will enjoy this novel.
Tammy Downing
Aug 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A very inventive novel about colonizations of the some of the planets and the battle between Americans and Soviets for a rare but extremely strong element. I really enjoyed this book which I read on breaks at work which made getting back to work difficult at times as the story moved along very nicely. The action segments were well described as were the nonaction segments. I am so glad I won this novel through Goodreads First Reads contest.
Robert Lampros
Sep 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A skillfully written, action-packed science fiction novel about the undisclosed truth of the space race, Warzone: Nemesis documents the fight between Russia and the U.S. for alloy-x, an element that could revolutionize space engine technology. The battle scenes are descriptive and expertly crafted, the characters intriguing and vividly authentic, and overall the story is highly imaginative. Graham’s writing is at once unique and easily readable, and the novel an extraordinary accomplishment.
Chris
Oct 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
To me this book started off as what seemed like one of the old SciFy books with alien ships crashing to earth, alien tech being recovered and trying to beat the Russians to the moon and beyond. It takes a small break with a section on the Vietnam war however this leads into the next section of the book.
Ann Simpson
Feb 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
What a great story! At first I had a time getting into the story, but then I started connecting to the characters. It's a fascinating sci-fi tale. There were grammatical errors, but the story was engaging enough to continue. Lots of action, war and fighting-living on Mars. I recommend Warzone: Nemesis to anyone who loves sci-fi. Author Morris E. Graham has a gift for story telling.
Moon
Aug 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I am so happy to have won this book on Goodreads!

What an awesome imagination! I have seen a lot of conspiracy theories about the moon and more that really fit well into the great story line of this book.

I am totally recommending this book!

Really really good book, I can't wait to read more by Morris Graham.

R.D.
Sharon
Mario Aguilar
Larry Hall
Aug 13, 2013
eBook Miner: Warzone: Nemesis sale, discounted for the summer 1 4 Jun 20, 2014 10:09AM
Warzone: Nemesis 1 2 Aug 22, 2013 09:15AM
Warzone: Nemesis sale on Kindle 1 4 Aug 17, 2013 07:23AM
Warzone: Nemesis sale on Kindle 1 4 Aug 15, 2013 09:42PM
Hi. My name is Morris E. Graham. My first book, "Warzone: Nemesis," sci-fi novel, took 9 years to write and 3 more years in subsequent editions. I am happy to say that I am satisfied with "Warzone: Nemesis," and I will be releasing its sequel, "Warzone: Operation Wolf Hunt" November 20, 2017.

I live in central Arkansas, USA. I am married, and father of four, 61 years old. I grew up watching Star Tr
More about Morris E. Graham

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Trail of Dead (Scarlett Bernard, #2)
  • The Regulars
  • Childhood's End
  • The Mirror
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Voyage to Magical North (The Accidental Pirates)
    $5.67 $2.99
  • Raven's Peak (World on Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • That Hideous Strength: (Space Trilogy, Book Three) (The Space Trilogy 3)
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Swords and Deviltry (Lankhmar, 1)
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Garden of Stones (Echoes of Empire, #1)
  • Dracula [Kindle in Motion]
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Dark Tower: And Other Stories
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Autumn Republic (Powder Mage #3)
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Stinger
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Blade Itself (The First Law, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Out of the Silent Planet (Space Trilogy, #1)
    $5.74 $1.99
  • Extracted (Extracted Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Haven (Rain Wild Chronicles, #2)
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Spirit Hunters
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Loved (House of Night Other World #1)
    $11.00 $0.99
  • The Terranauts
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Howl's Moving Castle (Howl's Moving Castle, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Brilliance (Brilliance Saga, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Act Two (Cirque des Immortels, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Better World (Brilliance Saga, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Written in Fire (Brilliance Saga, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Final Act (Cirque des Immortels, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
  • Ocean of Storms
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Sword of Shannara Trilogy (Shannara, #1-3)
    $19.99 $2.99
  • Artful
  • Till We Have Faces: A Myth Retold
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Chains of Command (Frontlines, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Angles of Attack (Frontlines, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Lines of Departure (Frontlines, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Terms of Enlistment (Frontlines #1)
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Chocolate Touch
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • A Perfect Blood (The Hollows, #10)
  • Mama Day
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
  • Infinite
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Boundary Lines (Boundary Magic, #2)
  • The Mermaid's Sister
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Boundary Crossed (Boundary Magic, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Boundary Born (Boundary Magic, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Kissed by Darkness (Sunwalker Saga, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Marked (Supernatural Prison, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Blood Kissed (Lizzie Grace, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • A Glimmer of Hope (The Avalon Chronicles #1)
  • Celia and the Fairies
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Best Served Cold (First Law World, #4)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Valor (The Faithful and the Fallen, #2)
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • To Honor You Call Us (Man of War, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunter's Trail (Scarlett Bernard, #3)
  • Wool: The Graphic Novel
    $7.99 $2.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
  • Ticker
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Barsk: The Elephants' Graveyard (Barsk, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dead Spots (Scarlett Bernard #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)