Start by marking “Bouncing Time” as Want to Read:
Bouncing Time

Bouncing Time

Bouncing here
Bouncing there
A lively, loving book to share.Join in this rhyming, rollicking romp to the zoo and watch animals jump, tumble, and flip with bountiful, bounciful energy.

Vibrant images convey the joy of a wonderful day that ends with time to bounce into bed and dream.

The playful verses are fun to read aloud. (For even more pleasurable sharing, try substituting y
Published April 30th 2000 by HarperCollins Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Bouncing Time, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bouncing Time

Eneida
A rhyming book that provides the opportunity for a lot of movement. I like to use it the same way I use songs and finger-plays during my story times: to give the children a break and have them moving for a few minutes.
Molly Cluff (Library!)
Aug 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bouncing-babies
Definitely a very active book for bouncing babies! There will be so much bouncing they'll be sick of bouncing forever! haha, but the pictures are super cute and it's definitely the right age group
Randie D. Camp, M.S.
Jul 08, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Hubbell, Patricia. (2000). Bouncing Time. Singapore, Asia: Harper Collins.

Annotation: For babies to preschool. Melissa Sweet’s illustrations are bright, fun, and the softness of the characters is very appealing to young children. Additionally, Sweet skillfully uses lines to illustrate motion in the pictures, the reader can see the characters and animals bouncing; the lines also guide the reader to the next page. In this story, a mother asks her baby, “How will you bounce today, baby?” As the sto
Sara Bland
Apr 24, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s
While this is a cute little children's picture book, I wasn't very impressed by the overall story of the book. There is truly no plot, just that the child bounces and jumps all around the zoo with the animals. A positive for this book is that it takes you through many different animals that you might find at the zoo. The ending is a little bit abrupt and doesn't really fit in with the nice light verse throughout the book. Even so, I would recommend reading this book to children who are learning ...more
Kelly
Jul 19, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: raml
This is a fun and colorful rhyming story. I think I will be using it to incorporate as a bounce in my Baby Rhyme Time storytime, although I'll most likely be skipping a few pages. The text is rhythmic and fun but I do think the last line should rhyme with the page before it and say "sweet dreams" but that is just my personal opinion. Overall it was a cute little book.
Nicole
Jan 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
This book has bright colors and illustrations that match the story. The wording is simple and there is not too many words on each page. I would say that first and second grade would be able to start reading this on their own. There is also some rhyming throughout the book that will help children guess what is coming next.
Heidi-Marie
It was not quite what I was thinking of for a PJ storytime (except for the very end), but it might work for a toddler storytime. Especially if the parents get in to it with their children. Would be a fun lap-read if you bounce the child(ren) as you read.
Tricia
Sep 06, 2008 rated it it was ok
with all of the animals shown in this title, it's a wonder that all description used is limited to bouncing. sure, grasshoppers and frogs bounce but to show other animals and not provide additional movements--well, i don't get it.
Paige P
Sep 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Another rhyming book with cute animals and a story of interactions between mom and daughter. She sees different animals at the zoo who are bouncing like she is. She ends the story with tucking her into bed and reminiscing on the things she has seen that day.
Paula
Apr 11, 2012 rated it really liked it

An exuberant infant bounces through the day's activities, including a trip to the zoo.
Lisa
Apr 12, 2011 rated it liked it
Great for toddlers to learn animals and pretend to be different ones.
Camille
May 23, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-bks
Kind of texty for a baby book, but lots of reference to bouncing (obviously) and taking baby out to enjoy the world.
Leah
Aug 29, 2014 rated it liked it
I'm pretty sure this book is lies, technically. But it's sweet. But wordy.
Rachel
Aug 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Very playful.
Janae
Jun 12, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: kid-lit
An easy, simple read for younger toddlers. Offers a good intro to animals with short rhymes.
Jody
Oct 04, 2016
Nov 01, 2010
Julie
Jul 02, 2009
Patricia Hubbell has been writing poetry since she was eleven years old.
In 1998, her Wrapping Paper Romp was selected as a Parents Magazine Book of the Year.
Patricia Hubbell lives with her husband, Harold Hornstein, in Easton, Connecticut, the small town where she was born.
Remembering how much their children and grandchildren loved to bounce when they were very young prompted her to write Bounc