Start by marking “Perfect Sense (Perfect Series #1)” as Want to Read:
Perfect Sense (Perfect Series #1)

Read Book

Perfect Sense

(Perfect #1)

He's gorgeous.

He's reckless.

And he's every woman's dirty fantasy in the state of California.., except one... Quinn Ashby.

Recent graduate of Penn and top of her class, Quinn is whip smart, ambitious and interning as the new marketing coordinator for the Bexley Bruisers American Hockey League team. The last thing she needs is to waste her time on guys…especially one as let
Published March 22nd 2016

To ask other readers questions about Perfect Sense, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Perfect Sense

Amanda Cowen
Oct 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
NEWS UPDATE!!!!
UPDATE: I just received PERFECT LOVE (Perfect Series #2) back from my editor! FINALLY!!!!

As a token of my appreciation for your patience, I have attached the to Prologue for PERFECT LOVE on the Goodreads page your reading pleasure!!!!!!

PERFECT LOVE will be released end of March beginning of April!

Pre-orders will start at the end of January!

Thank you for all of your patience!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know readers are anxious to continue on with Cash and Quinn's story, and believe me I am
Becca - Wicked Quests of a BookNinja
3.5 Stars

description

Again, here I am, and don't know what to think. I loved this story but I didn't love it. Sometimes, I really enjoyed it and sometimes, I just rolled my eyes.

The story itself wasn't bad but I didn't feel the characters. They were... I don't know. They were boring.

But! The bomb with the end...OMG. I need this sequel right now!
aNneMarLi - Chatterbooks Book Blog
Jun 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016-arc

4.0 "MITTENS" STARS!!!

Holy shit this book!!!This book that got me invested right from beginning 'til the end! It's riduculously funny...heartwarming...enjoyable...sexy as sin and hot as hell. I just went from laughing and swooning and ahhh...all the feels!!!, Because seriously I can't form any coherent words right now as I'm still on an AMANDA COWEN HIGH!

Perfect Sense follows the story of Quinn Ashby, the other daughter of Santa Ana Tornado and it's affiliate Bexley Bruisers' President. Looking
Natalie The Biblioholic
There was a whole lot of this:

mancrying

and this:

groupies

Yup. That groupie (or puck bunny in this case) love.

Honestly, the book was full of drama, which at least helped to keep things interesting.

I couldn't connect with either of the main characters. Quinn was supposed to be depicted as a good girl, a daddy-pleaser, but to me, she came off as weak, judgmental and condescending. Cash was what the stereotypical star athlete would be. Narcissistic, arrogant, inconsiderate, alpha, and promiscuous.

The two of them toge
Antara Nahian
Apr 21, 2016 rated it did not like it
I finished this book even though I wanted to DNF in the first 30%. Cash was just gross, a total slutty whore and other than how hot everyone thought he was, I saw nothing to recommend him. I get that hes meant to be some sort of tortured hero with a complex but this trope can be and has been done a lot better than this elsewhere.
I get this is a romance novel and his pursuit of Quinn was meant to be some form of alpha romantic shit that should make me swoon but seriously it just left a bad taste
★ Belle The Bibliophile ★
I give up. It's so hard for me to really get into this book. I'm not a fan of the author's writing style. The whole time it felt like I was reading a One Direction fanfiction.

I hated both Hero and the heroine. The hero is a manwhore doesn't know the meaning of the word no. The heroine is an annoying, holier than thou little shit who has internalized mysogynism.

Just no.
Jackie (Jackie's Book World)
***Review can also be found at Jackie's Book World. :)***

The cover and the synopsis was what immediately attracted me to the book, I knew that I had to read it right away, and let me tell you that it did not disappoint at all. Not having read any other works by the author before, I wasn't sure what to expect of the book as whole, but the minute I started reading the first chapter I couldn't stop reading.

Right from the very beginning we get to meet Quinn Ashby, a college grad that has spent the
Lustful Literature
Mar 28, 2016 rated it really liked it

**Josie's Review 4.5 STARS**

Oh my word, this book was just simply amazing! You know when you read a book that leaves you feeling speechless and you can’t express fully what you feel, that is how I feel at this very moment. Perfect Sense is the perfect mix of angst, romance, drama, secrets, laughs and two strong loving complexed characters. The story itself is very engaging from the very start to the very last page. Once I started this book I could not stop.

Quinn was the perfect Heroine. She is
Linda
Mar 23, 2016 rated it liked it
I couldn't put this book down and when I had to, I couldn't wait to pick it back up again. Here's the kicker, you would have thought it was because I absolutely loved it, but that isn't quite right. It definitely snagged my attention so kudos to the author for that, but I had issues with both characters. Cash was a serious man-whore with secrets, and the final one was a doozy. I actually just figured out what was coming, but am still lost as to the why. I get it has to do with guilt, but there h ...more
Laura Hampton
Sep 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Anyone who knows me in the book world or those following my reviews knows that I am a sucker for sports romance. But, there is just something about a sexy as sin, hotter than hell, hockey player. When I see a storyline that centers around a hockey player it's like a flashing light goes off in my brain. Buy me, read me, devour me...lol So, when I was given the opportunity to read and review Perfect Sense for the upcoming blog tour and release of book 2 (Perfect Love), I jumped all over it.

This is
Jody
As a reader who enjoys sports-themed romances I always celebrate a new addition to the genre. With this tale of a bad boy with a very dark past and a good girl struggling to stay that way readers are taken on a very rocky journey that's only just beginning with this series starter. While there's much to recommend this book there's also a bit of roughness to the narrative and a few issues with the heroine that left me frustrated but still enjoying this story on a whole.

Quinn had a rough childhood
bestofjess
Mar 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Perfect Sense

His wavy honey hair stands on edge, from my fingers running through it at least a hundred times. His white tee shirt is wrinkled, and my lipstick is smeared all over his neck and lips, like I've marked him. He looks at me with a hint of uncertainty mixed with a sliver of desperation in his eyes, which makes my heart beat a mile a minute.

Cash fucking Brooks. Get in my bed.

Is that a good enough review for you guys?

He’s reckless.

And he’s every woman’s dirty fantasy in the state of Californ

Nicole
I'm putting this out there now: I know almost nothing about hockey. So while this is a book about a hockey player and his potential love interest, I'm happy to say this story doesn't get bogged down in the minutiae of the inner workings of the game and instead focuses on the hot mess that is Cash Brooks, hockey heartthrob and bad boy, both on and off the ice, and Quinn Ashby, daughter of retired Hall of Fame hockey player Hilton Ashby.

I will admit that throughout a good portion of the book, I ha
Kristy Mills
Cash Brooks, playboy, bad boy, fighter and hockey player. Cash is so bad even the NHL is fed up. He has been sent down to the AHL to clean up his act.

Quinn has always dreamt of getting into Harvard. She has applied for grad school but hasn't heard back. So she goes back home to live with her sister. Cash plays for her fathers hockey team and is immediately taken with her when he spots her at one of his games.

Quinn accepts an internship with the hockey team which means she will be seeing a lot o
Lilly Charysma
Aug 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
“what?!” this was my reaction after finishing this book. This is another great love story that will leave you wanting more! I can’t wait to read the next book in the series!

I’ve read so many great books since starting this blog and so many love stories. This is for sure one of them. Even if in the beginning there were too many coincidences and Lindsey, Quinn’s sister, was too desperate for Cash, after going through the pages I changed my mind. Even if Quinn tries very hard to ignore her attracti
Majanka
Book Review originally published here: http://www.iheartreading.net/book-tou...

In Perfect Sense, we meet with Quinn Ashby, an intelligent college graduate, top of her class, who is as ambitious as she’s smart. She’s interning as the new marketing coordinator for the Bexley Bruisers American Hockey League team. Quinn appears to be perfect – but hse’s not. In fact, she’s so ambitious and driven she hardly has time for anything else. Being perfect in the eyes of her dad is the most important thing
Jessica Settle
May 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved/hated this book! Seriously! It was an emotional roller coaster read! Author is brilliant! Cash pi$$es me off, yet I want to jump him. I flove Quinn! I just wish she would get over her "Dadd" issues. The ending made me want to throw my kindle! Now I have to wait for book 2! I really love/hate cliffhanger endings!
The Romance Book Disciple (Samantha)
Sigh....why do they all have to be man whores?
Patty
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
OMG!  I am in fucking love this book.  It is has such a  heart breaking story.  Be prepared to read the whole book when you start, because you are not going to be able to put it down.

Quinn is the daughter of X hockey player turned hockey team president.  She is waiting on her Harvard application to be approved off the waiting list. While waiting for her application to go through she moves back home to Bexley. While in Bexley her father gets her an internship as the marketing coordinator for the
Brigitte
Sep 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is my first encounter with this author and Perfect Sense is a great introduction to her work.

Cash is the best Ice Hockey player in the country. He is every woman’s dream. They queue up for his matches and he can easily have his pick. His attitude is F**** them and Chuck them.

Quinn works as an intern with the Bexley Bruisers Hockey League whilst awaiting entry for an MBA at Harvard. She is independent and knows what she wants out of life. She is bright, but is always seeking her father's ap
Amy Shelton
Oct 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Independent Reviewer for Archaeolibrarian - I Dig Good Books!

Speechless. I am absolutely speechless. The end of this book definitely leaves you speechless, wanting more, needing more.

The characters, the story line, the details, the descriptions, everything in this book is awesome. This book made me want to keep reading. It made me want to forget my responsibilities as an adult, a mom, a wife. It made me want to keep turning the pages. I had to know what was going to happen. I applaud the author
Dani (Dani Reviews Things & Love in a time of Feminism)
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review, and honestly? I couldn't read past 11%. The book had a rocky start for me, with unrealistic details about business degrees (and having just done my MBA, I'm not completely ignorant on the topic). Everything was a bit cliché and flat, with stereotypes everywhere. I rolled my eyes several times in the first 10%. But I was determined to finish both this and the sequel for a blog tour...

That is, until I got to a scene at 11%. Now,
Kaitlyn
Dec 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book was cute but then frustrating. Quinn and Cash were so cute together but the drama was kinda annoying in this scenario. The whole ending annoyed me because it was not anything like omg i saw that coming. Daniela the secret wife was a plot twist that i didnt want. We meet the couple when Quinn is coming to California to visit and intern at the NHL marketing business involved in her fathers teams aka the tornadoes and the bruisers. Cash lost his brother in a car accident when Cory was 19 ...more
Jennifer Redmile
Sep 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Not just another love story...
I enjoyed the first book in this well told story of the realities of falling in love. Nothing about Quin and Cash's journey is easy. So many reasons to give up and walk away. But love conquers all, right? Eventually? Hopefully?
I read this book in one sitting, and fortunately, was able to grab book 2 straight away after the cliffhanger ending. Looking forward to reading what happens to these two broken, yet resilient, people who deserve to find their HEA.
Milena
May 31, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: sports, new-adult
meh
Jeannie
Oct 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sports-romance
Oh the feels! I enjoyed this book... but grrr not happy I have to wait for the next instalment
Charity
Mar 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, erotic-romance
I really enjoyed this book. Quinn tries very hard to ignore her attraction to Cash, but she quickly loses the control on her perfectly planned future. The drama and angst kept my interest and the story flowed along well. There were several grammatical errors that I had to take into account with my rating because the missing letters in words did take me out of the story a few times.

Warning- the ending is a surprise cliffhanger. I can't wait to dive into the next book!
Diane Lynch
Jan 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook, hockey-romance
Amanda Cowen’s Perfect Sense is just that – perfect. Quinn Ashby gets a job as a marketing coordinator intern for the Bexley Bruisers AHL team. She has goals and the last thing she wants is to be distracted by bad boy/hockey star Cash Brooks. However, Cash is determined to win over Quinn. This contemporary sports romance is suitable for new adult and adult audiences. It primarily takes place in California.

I like Quinn. She is a smart and determined woman. She is no stranger to hockey being the
Lekeisha The Booknerd
Mar 25, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: new-adult
Perfect Sense turns out to be a good story, but it lacked something that I can’t quite put my finger on. I think the lack of insta-love is what really kept me reading. At times I found myself not wanting to put it down, but then it would drag and I was forced to call it a night. I haven’t read enough SR to be tired of the trope, but I felt like I’ve read this story before. All-in-all, I liked it but I’m just not head over heels in love with it. I’m sure hockey lovers everywhere will enjoy this b ...more
The Book Fairy Reviews
Mar 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Second chances. Growing up. Honesty and secrets. Love. Can love overcome things from a past that threaten a future, that threaten a love?
Hockey bad boy Cash has been hiding from his past. Not doing a very good job but hiding and running have become his only way to exist. His career and woman are all he needs, until he spots a woman with white mitten at a home game.
Quinn is running from a past. Drowning herself in control and school she has honed her guilt int a controlled sense of worth. How? We

• Down to Business (Business, #1)
  • The Playmaker (Fire on Ice #2)
  • Orange Blossom (A Flowering Novel, #5)
  • Breathe Again
  • French Kissed (International School, #3)
  • The Billionaire's Sham Girlfriend
  • Sinful Rewards 11: A Billionaires and Bikers Novella
  • BLAIRE & BLAI2E: box set (The Dark Romance Series): Blaire Part 1, 2 & the bonus scene
  • A Taylor-Made Love (Taylor-Made, #2)
  • Cherry Popper (The Reckless, #1)
  • Knights After My Heart (Knights, #1)
  • The Wilde One (Wilde Series)
  • Twisted Arrangement 3 (Twisted #3)
  • One Last Hold
  • Unleashed: Volume 3
  • Living in the Shallows (UK Crush #1)
  • Pretending With the Greek Billionaire
  • Blood Moon (Blood Series, #2)
Amanda Cowen is the author of BETWEEN FRIENDS, THE PERFECT SERIES, TAINTED and THE FEAR OF FALLING. She is also an “It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia” fanatic, a country music junkie, and a hater of roller coasters (they terrify her!). When she isn't trapped at her computer writing her next story, she can be found eating cupcakes, hanging with her family, or stuck in a good book!

Amanda loves to c

Perfect (2 books)
  • Perfect Love (Perfect Series #2)